Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fave Keira movie (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1824)

endless_youth 04-07-2005 01:59 AM

Fave Keira movie

I just now finished watching King Arthur for the umpteenth time. I think that this was her best film yet. Anyone agree or disagree? (Also, I love her hair in the film. I wish it was still long and brown)

Jacoby 04-07-2005 02:08 AM

I would like to see Pure or Zhivago. So far the best Keira movie I've seen was Love, Actually. It was surprisingly enjoyable, even though Keira wasn't on screen too much. She did look nice when she was, though.

endless_youth 04-07-2005 02:11 AM

I have Doctor Zhivago. It is amazing- she was great in it and I cry in all the same parts everytime

Dyce_Blue 04-07-2005 02:33 AM

Well I think Bend it Like Beckham was her most realistic performance, but I really like The Hole, even though her character sucked, and she really wasn't very important at all.

frodo1511 04-07-2005 03:24 AM

Love Actually.

Probably not totally for her role, I just think Rowan Atkinson is God.

JackYang 04-07-2005 04:57 AM

King arthur, love actually, and um POTC

Richard 04-07-2005 05:18 AM

I'm gonna have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean, only because she was incredibly hot in that movie. Then, maybe, The Hole.

Pirates of the Caribbean > The Hole > Dr. Zhivago > Love Actually > Bend It Like Beckham > Princess Of Thieves > King Arthur.

Digital_Ice 04-07-2005 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
I really like The Hole, even though her character sucked, and she really wasn't very important at all.

...i wonder why....

i'd have to say.... Love Actually and Pirates of the Caribbean... or King Arthur...

Leonie 04-07-2005 07:50 AM

Doctor Zhivago. She's awesome in it, and the ending made me cry.

To be honest, the worst Keira performance so far, in my opinion, was King Arthur. Either the director was meddling with how things were to be said, or she just had an off day when they recorded the 'trailer' scene, where Guinevere is burning Arthur. However, the nice scenery, the whole atmosphere of the movie makes up for the Keira fuck up and Clive Owen's dreadful attempt at acting, so it wasn't too bad to watch after all.

Digital_Ice 04-07-2005 07:52 AM

see, i took the question as favourite movie that keira was in.. not her best acting performance (maybe thats just me)

I've never seen Dr Zhivago... i take it you recomend i do?

Leonie 04-07-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
see, i took the question as favourite movie that keira was in.. not her best acting performance (maybe thats just me)

I've never seen Dr Zhivago... i take it you recomend i do?

Well, either way, I think King Arthur was the worst (Clive Owen totally ruined that one), and Doctor Zhivago the best.

The acting in it is brilliant, the story heartbreaking and the scenery is beautiful. I very much recommend it indeed. The lunch-delivery bloke from Love Actually plays a rather large part in it too, in a totally different role.

I suck at descriptions. It's just awesome, k? :icon_razz

amyyay 04-07-2005 10:48 AM

yay

the best keira knightley film is potc it is great she is great and johnny depp and orlando bloom are great too :icon_popc :fencing: the sword fighting is good

Keyser_so_so 04-07-2005 07:01 PM

For my opinion, just see Richard's thing- but with the Hole and Dr. Zhivago switched around. And another reason for liking POTC is Johnny Depp's awesome-ness.

JackYang 05-07-2005 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard
I'm gonna have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean, only because she was incredibly hot in that movie. Then, maybe, The Hole.

Pirates of the Caribbean > The Hole > Dr. Zhivago > Love Actually > Bend It Like Beckham > Princess Of Thieves > King Arthur.

I thought she was pretty hot in King Arthur and Love Actually lol. But yah, POTC was definitely the best :) (Acting wise anyways)

hasselbrad 05-07-2005 12:49 PM

I blame the director for the over acting in King Arthur. It seemed to run pretty much through the entire cast. Fuqua should stick to cops and robbers action films.
My favorite film would have to be Pirates of The Caribbean.
Her best acting roles would be Dr. Zhivago and Pure. However, these films make me feel like I'm watching my daughter walk down the jetway to go back to her mother. :icon_mecr

squirrel 05-07-2005 01:29 PM

personally, i prefer a) Pirates, 2) beckham, and d) the Hole (for obvious reasons) dr. zhivago was ok, closer to the book actually, than the original. the problem w/king arthur was the script. the actors had nothing to work with. direction and story were ok, but all the dialogue sounded really stupid.

frodo1511 05-07-2005 04:04 PM

Pirates was cool the first 5 times I was forced to watch it-now...I don't watch it if I have to.

Oh, Richard was right. Keira was especially hot in Pirates.

Richard 05-07-2005 05:38 PM

I'm renting The Jacket sometime this week. I'll include that somewhere.

squirrel 05-07-2005 05:43 PM

why not just buy it? i haven't even seen it yet but i'm gonna do that.

Richard 05-07-2005 07:48 PM

No money. I already begged Mother for some cash and in turn bought my new book about Judy Garland. Renting is much better. Besides, the movie might suck.