Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira Girls (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Girls - What Don't You Like on Guys? (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821)

barrington 03-07-2005 01:51 PM

Girls - What Don't You Like on Guys?

K, so I stole this thread from another forum and it generated a mammoth response over there, probably as well as teaching all of us hairy slobs something or two about life.

So here we go - Girls - What Don't You Like on Guys?

Ardnax 03-07-2005 03:32 PM

Anything and everything. I don't like guys, I hate them... And yes, almost every guy I know are complete idiots and jerks.

Mandy 03-07-2005 04:13 PM

LoL...Good answer.

That's a difficult question to answer, because it really depends on the guy and what works for him.

I don't like it when guys are cocky. I find it a complete turn-off. I love it when they're confident though. There's a difference.

Leonie 03-07-2005 04:25 PM

I was going to post that before, but then I noticed I wasn't logged in, and forgot about it.

Overdone confidence and cockiness is a definite turn off. Same goes for having no opinion of your own, following the crowd and putting other people down just to feel good about yourself.

Jakson 03-07-2005 06:19 PM

Ardnax your that wanker off kk palace its jackson and im back

Ardnax 03-07-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakson
Ardnax your that wanker off kk palace its jackson and im back

Hi Jackson, it's nice to see you too... not.

marine 03-07-2005 10:03 PM

the fact that they can't understand that they're not ALWAYS right and the one who need to lecture you everytimeyou do something. erk

barrington 03-07-2005 10:12 PM

Ouch, we're getting slated here!

acliff 03-07-2005 11:00 PM

Ono, our gender is getting burned.
To be fair though, if it gets too bad we can always make a 'what men don't like about girls' thread and make them all cry.

Mandy 04-07-2005 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marine
the fact that they can't understand that they're not ALWAYS right and the one who need to lecture you everytimeyou do something. erk

That can easily be said about girls as well. Personally, I know I like being right and do everything I can to prove my point.

Neras 04-07-2005 11:56 AM

Everyone likes being right, but there's a difference between liking it and proclaiming it. :p

Still, everything that the girls have said about guys could be turned around - these features aren't exclusive to guys, you women are just as guilty sometimes.

endless_youth 04-07-2005 11:52 PM

My dad does this and I hate it: Everything has to be on their schedule and it has to be done in secret so that no one gets "disappointed". And they break promises like it's a bad habit. Guess what, DAD?!? It's better to keep promises than it is to keep secrets!

end rant

Ranman 05-07-2005 11:53 AM

I hate MSN, I don't know what asl is and I would never ask for naughty pics.

Now how about a date?

Digital_Ice 05-07-2005 12:23 PM

asl = age/sex/location (how old are you/are you male of female/where do you live incase you are reeeeealy stupid :P)

Ranman 05-07-2005 12:32 PM

Sushhhh

barrington 05-07-2005 12:35 PM

I remember those fervent A/S/L sessions when I was a little nipper, the very thought of hearing that phrase disgusts me. Thank god you can't get assaulted by randoms on MSN. For me, the ritual now follows:

KeWlChIcK14Lolz: Hi ASL?
barrington: wtf?
*block, delete, ignore*

Digital_Ice 05-07-2005 02:01 PM

first time anyone said asl to me... i thought they were calling me an arsehole..... (maybe they were) i hate "netspeek" and "1337sp33k" and all that crap... use proper english for god sake.....

anyway... enough of my off topic-ness

squirrel 05-07-2005 08:38 PM

right. how about when guys use self-deprecating humor? i do this frequently and one of my friends says i'm fishing for compliments, but honestly i'm not. not from her anyway. i just don't want to appear cocky, so i guess i go overboard in the opposite direction.

acliff 05-07-2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrel
right. how about when guys use self-deprecating humor? i do this frequently and one of my friends says i'm fishing for compliments, but honestly i'm not. not from her anyway. i just don't want to appear cocky, so i guess i go overboard in the opposite direction.

Thats because your friends pity you.
Self deprecating humour used well requires no accusations of fishing.

squirrel 06-07-2005 12:53 PM

sometimes i think that's true. other times they think i'm just trying to get some kind of reaction, and they won't give me the satisfaction. the bastards.