Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   KKW IRC Games (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1762)

Liam 01-06-2005 03:35 PM

KKW IRC Games

Lo.

Last night I took the liberty of installing a trivia bot into the KKW IRC channel. We messed with a few different bots for a while and eventually settled upon our current version. The installed bot randomly chooses from its database of 5000 questions and answers, puts the question to the channel and awaits answers from the players. If nobody gets it right after 10 seconds, the system will display a hint. The system is active 24 hours a day and is located in the channel #kkwtrivia. The best way to join the fun is to join the #kkw channel as normal (see the connection instructions on the main forum page), then type /j #kkwtrivia and press enter. Instructions on how to play will appear when you join the channel.

In addition, I have set the bot up to keep track of and display scores. These scores are automatically updated after every 10 questions and saved in web page format. You can check the scores at their temporary home here. I'll be investigating creating forum icon badges for trivia gods, but don't play on your own in order to bump your score up. The bot runs off my computer and I can easily see when people play on their own.

Also, over the next 24 hours I'll be installing a few more games into the channel. I'll probably start with blackjack and poker, if I can get them working, then maybe checkers and chess.

If you have never tried KKW IRC before, now is a great time to start. Its a great place to meet and get to know fellow forum members, have a laugh, take the piss, and now - to play games. Give it a go.

See you in the channel.

Liam
KKW Admin

Jacoby 01-06-2005 11:43 PM

I want IRC scrabble.

*WHINE*

Digital_Ice 02-06-2005 12:07 AM

oops.... we've broken the bot...

the bot isnt responding and liam and bot arn't responding to a ping....

:(

Liam 02-06-2005 08:56 AM

Some wag in my house managed to reset our house router while I was asleep last night, causing my IRC to suffer a brain meltdown.

Everything is fixed now.

Edit: Added 3000 more questions ro the database :)

Ranman 02-06-2005 09:59 AM

Is that a picture of the soup nazi?

Liam 04-06-2005 12:52 PM

The trivia bot is currently offline while my computer undergoes maintenance (ie. windows reinstall).

Should be back online by 6pm GMT, and the scores records should remain intact.

Digital_Ice 04-06-2005 01:15 PM

nooo.... must reclaim throne....

Ranman 19-07-2005 07:22 PM

Ahem...What about chess???

Liam 20-07-2005 06:41 AM

If you can find me a website with an IRC chess bot, I'll install it.

deviljet88 21-07-2005 10:54 AM

Mmm... Wish someone thought of the chess idea during the holies though.

Atvar 31-08-2005 12:13 AM

Are we gonna be able to play IRC trivia again?

Mags 31-08-2005 01:36 AM

Bring it back please!

I'm back at uni and am desperate for things to do when I should be studying.

Long live trivia!