Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wavefront houses (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135)

Sephiroth v2.0 04-07-2004 10:30 PM

Wavefront houses

Me and our good friend Hazzle were discussing over morning tea life the universe and everything...

We then remembered possibly the one thread that never lived up to it's potential (And one certain one that outlived it's by years over 500 replies baby). So here it is Wavefront houses ressurected, so far we have the...

Aristocrats, like dinner parties, wine and lots of it and looking impeccable

Cezelians, Baz's lot, forgot what they do...

This is a feedback thread before we go Gen Discussion, we want to know aobut your ideas for houses what they do, if and why you should become a part of it and anything else you can think of to take this idea further.

Louie 05-07-2004 12:39 AM

That sounds cool, but isn't it a bit like the KK Posse thing though?

Kelsey 05-07-2004 07:53 AM

What actually happens? I remember JD mentioning it, but I don't think I ever heard much about how it works.

deviljet88 05-07-2004 01:53 PM

Uh... can you explain it more clearly for the newer members? And by houses do you mean like teams because I'm thinking of school houses/groups lol...

apoggy 05-07-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey
What actually happens? I remember JD mentioning it, but I don't think I ever heard much about how it works.

That was an actual RPG that JD suggested, what I believe Sephy wanted to do was something me and Barrington discussed and have different groups for different memebers and you can ask for memebership to that group, priveledges could include titles/ranks within that group or even a seperate board for the group that only memebers have access to.

Once groups are formed it creates rivalry and competition that could result in fun and games, hijinks and frolics.

Liam 05-07-2004 06:53 PM

Or complete forum implosion if its not monitored. :p

Naturally the admin staff would have to be neutral and not belong to any set house, lest we get carried away and ban the other houses or something. Ho ho.

Sarah 05-07-2004 09:22 PM

Is this like a cult? Ooooh how delightful!

Hazzle 06-07-2004 02:47 AM

Well...like me and Sephy were both aristocrats...so we were always partners in crime...and JD (who had his own house) was our dire enemy...that sort of thing...it could've been really cool but it never really took off as it should've done...maybe more houses would be better as then each house'd only have a few people in it to start with, more likely to have similar interests etc...

duckula 06-07-2004 02:53 AM

It was a stupid idea then and it still is.

Hazzle 06-07-2004 03:36 AM

Yeah, well noone cares about your opinion Ducky :) You be senile, remember? :D Oh yus...and who won the war over the infamous thread of 500 replies? ARRRRRRRR! Never mess with me and Sephy...you know it's true :p

acliff 06-07-2004 11:51 AM

Shut yer trap fool.
Its a bad idea, as we're trying to make the place friendly.
Now if you segregate into groups, you get rivalries, tension, and makes kkw a less hospitable place. You create an elite, a big difference from the standard member.

Sephiroth v2.0 06-07-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

and who won the war over the infamous thread of 500 replies? ARRRRRRRR! Never mess with me and Sephy
That still brings tears to my eyes.. Fucking Camel in Heathrow airport getting a cab...

Quote:

Its a bad idea, as we're trying to make the place friendly
I miss that time where it was a dog eat dog insult world, where Jules and her lockstick were feared, religious arguments were pages long and Duckeh and Cliffeh were harsh than a desolate wasteland... memories

Elijahfan 06-07-2004 03:36 PM

mmm....sounds like wonderful times.

so if this house thing is a RPG, how will the rules and houses be established. i've only done one other RPG and it was sorta hard for me to catch on...but i'll give it a try again

Sephiroth v2.0 06-07-2004 05:22 PM

It's kinda a way of bringing forum members with similar interests closer as well as just being fun. It also can help bring some people a sense of belonging to the forum. Just good fun really.

Kelsey 06-07-2004 05:47 PM

I agree that this would get competitive, possibly too competitive...I already have enough people here who want to beat the hell out of me.

Liam 06-07-2004 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth v2.0
I miss that time where it was a dog eat dog insult world, where Jules and her lockstick were feared, religious arguments were pages long and Duckeh and Cliffeh were harsh than a desolate wasteland... memories

Be it known that religious argument threads give me the shits and will result in lockings and beatings.

Why?
The average age of people on these forums is around 16-17. At this age, nobody with half a mind should give two flying shits about anyone else's quite enlightened 17 year old theories on religion. You wont convince me, you wont convince anyone else and quite frankly it makes most people look like idiots. I remember Barrington and DragonRat could have a good religious argument, but out of everyone that posted on it, they are the only ones I can remember as standing out.

Anyway.
KKW Houses. Carry on.

acliff 07-07-2004 12:44 AM

Discussions about quantum physics etc, would be good and all, and political debates too, but all these immature, no nothing upstarts spam the threads with their unfounded 'truths'... *sigh*

duckula 07-07-2004 01:48 AM

I don't know why we can't aspire to educated debate. Our innadequacies as a group are no reason to resort to some kind of illusiary factionalisation to stir interest and excitement. Quite frankly I think the whole idea smacks of desperation, that we should have to resort to such a banal instrument to enliven the forums saddens me.

Elijahfan 07-07-2004 04:12 AM

okay i'm starting to get how this is going to work. no religion or "truth" crap but rather shared interests, but what interests are the main ones that are going to separate the houses?

Sephiroth v2.0 07-07-2004 07:17 PM

Thats what you guys can decide