Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Editing Software? (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180)

The Black Rider 04-12-2004 02:59 PM

Editing Software?

I'm slowly working towards getting a digital camera and some kind of editing software so I can start making my own films. Can anyone recommend a good editing program? My use Windows XP, if that's any help to you.

Flightfreak 04-12-2004 03:01 PM

Adobe premiere pro 1.5
It’s a bit difficult in the beginning, but there are enough guides on the web who can help you.

The Black Rider 04-12-2004 03:24 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that one.

MedullaPancreasOblongata 05-12-2004 04:24 AM

Awww, i jest!

Something from Fisher-Price, perhaps? I hear the new Elmo's World ™ Fun Sounds Video Camera™ is fun for little young would-be Spielbergs. Who knows, you might even get it to record something. With the right amount of imagination, of course. :D (read the description on the page, PLEASE!!!)

ryan 05-12-2004 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flightfreak
Adobe premiere pro 1.5
It’s a bit difficult in the beginning, but there are enough guides on the web who can help you.

That's a little advanced for a beginner.

I'd reccomend Premiere 6.5 for a beginner. I have the ISO if you need it...not that I'm into illegal software or anything.

The Black Rider 05-12-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MedullaPancreasOblongata
Something from Fisher-Price, perhaps? I hear the new Elmo's World ? Fun Sounds Video Camera? is fun for little young would-be Spielbergs. Who knows, you might even get it to record something. With the right amount of imagination, of course. :D (read the description on the page, PLEASE!!!)

If that's not a waste of money, I don't know what is.

Flightfreak 05-12-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan
That's a little advanced for a beginner.

I'd reccomend Premiere 6.5 for a beginner. I have the ISO if you need it...not that I'm into illegal software or anything.

Adobe pro 1.5 isn’t more difficult than adobe premiere 6.5
The pro 1.5 is just the newer version.

ryan 05-12-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Adobe pro 1.5 isn’t more difficult than adobe premiere 6.5
The pro 1.5 is just the newer version.

You obviously haven't used both. Yes, there's a reason they went from calling it adobe premiere to adobe premiere *pro*. It's much more geared towards higher-end video editors. It's made as competition to apple's Final Cut.

I've used all versions since version 6 and pro 1.0 and 1.5 are more difficult, especially for a beginner, to use. they're also more powerful, but that's the obvious tradeoff.

Flightfreak 05-12-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

You obviously haven't used both. Yes, there's a reason they went from calling it adobe premiere to adobe premiere *pro*. It's much more geared towards higher-end video editors. It's made as competition to apple's Final Cut.

I've used all versions since version 6 and pro 1.0 and 1.5 are more difficult, especially for a beginner, to use. they're also more powerful, but that's the obvious tradeoff.

exuse me, ive used both!
they just started over with the number scheme.
version 6.5 --> version 7.0 = version 1.0 pro --> 1.5 pro
and of course there is a diffrence between 6.5 and 1.5 pro!
the fact is that he has no experience with premiere so he can better learn to work with the newest version.

ryan 05-12-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

exuse me, ive used both!
they just started over with the number scheme.
version 6.5 --> version 7.0 = version 1.0 pro --> 1.5 pro
and of course there is a diffrence between 6.5 and 1.5 pro!
the fact is that he has no experience with premiere so he can better learn to work with the newest version.

you don't run before you can walk. you ease into the more difficult software, not jump head first into it.

Flightfreak 05-12-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

you don't run before you can walk. you ease into the more difficult software, not jump head first into it.

1.5 pro is not more dificult to learn than 6.5

ryan 05-12-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

1.5 pro is not more dificult to learn than 6.5

adobe made the pro series to step it up and compete with a much more advanced editing system (final cut pro).
in doing so, they made it more complicated. more features, more power. it's harder to learn from scratch.

Flightfreak 05-12-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

adobe made the pro series to step it up and compete with a much more advanced editing system (final cut pro).
in doing so, they made it more complicated. more features, more power. it's harder to learn from scratch.

Well that’s where you go wrong in my opinion;
They are basically the same; adobe added a few new “advanced” features.
But it’s still based on the same system.
1.5pro is just 7.0 + some new features and an improved work environment.
1.5pro is not more dificult to do basic stuff than 6.5
It looks more difficult if you switch from 6.5 to 1.5pro because of the different work environment.
But for someone who has no experience with adobe premiere is that no problem, because he doesn’t have “bad old habits”…

Leonie 05-12-2004 09:00 PM

How about you two stop bickering and repeating yourselves? Let's see if anyone else has a suggestion.

ryan 05-12-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonie
How about you two stop bickering and repeating yourselves? Let's see if anyone else has a suggestion.

Without side conversations/debates, the boards would be more dead than they usually are. Let a little life into the threads. Can't hurt.

Hazzle 06-12-2004 12:05 AM

Not meaning to be a hypocrite (as I've been more than guilty of doing this myself in the past, but it's a habit I've looked to stamp out in the new incarnation) when a mod is doing their job trying to moderate a thread, kindly just let them do it without questioning their decision? Yeah, I know, makes me a hypocrite...so shoot me...still a valid point. I don't personally care if you two bicker or not (though it is a little immature from the pair of you) but I do think Leonie is only doing her job and I will defend her in doing so.