Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NBA talk....Draft. Houston. Orlando (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111)

Kyle_West 01-07-2004 01:28 PM

NBA talk....Draft. Houston. Orlando

Houston is getting my favorite basketball player Tracy McGrady, Tyronn Lue, and a few other players

Orlando which used to be my favorite team is recieving Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato I believe.

Who had the better deal?

How far will the teams go? Houston's T-mac, Yao be a shaq and kobe type dominance?

I say, no. Orlando will be bad and Houston will be in the playoffs. But a championship. Not for at least a few seasons. Bobcats will win anyway who cares

Also why didn't Orlando get Okafor? Jeez I thought getting him would be a no brainer...

Any news on the future of the Lakers?

DragonRat 01-07-2004 01:52 PM

Well, the thing is, Orlando doesn't need a big man in the inside to compete in the Eastern Conference. Of course, with Detroit and Indiana with their assortment of big-time inside players, the trade works with Orlando, because instead of one-man T-Mac doing it, it can be the same Houston backcourt of the past few seasons - Francis and Mobley. They know how to work together well, and I think the Magic might surprise some people this season.

However, the Rockets got the best pure scorer in the game. I don't think Yao Ming will be Shaq-like in dominance, but T-Mac is probably a much better player than Kobe is (merely that Kobe has had a more beneficial atmosphere to work with: say, a top center, a top head coach, money, etc.).

It's tough to say, but actually, it evens out for me. Orlando got what it wanted - a starting backcourt. And Houston got T-Mac, and he will shine in the Western Conference. Arguably, McGrady is the best 2-guard in the league. I say Houston makes the playoffs, like they did the previous season, but Orlando may wait another year. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they did make it.

The Magic could not pick Okafor, because the Bobcats have the first pick of the draft, regardless, because of their expansion status.

And I don't know about the Lakers. I've heard rumors that Kobe might join the Clippers, just to prove he can win as himself as the main franchise player, and step out of the shadow of Phil Jackson and Shaq.

Renegade 01-07-2004 05:26 PM

Regarding the T-Mac trade, Orlando definitely got the better end of the deal. They acquired 2 terrific guards that can efficiently score 20+ points a game a piece. Plus, Francis and Mobley's good sense of chemistry they developed in Houston will aid them in Orlando.

It's tough to admit it, but the Lakers have lost all sense of unity and superiority. Phil Jackson left to go fishing in his stupid Montana ranch. Shaq is requesting to be traded. Kobe's contemplating on whether or not he should sign with another team. Malone's not sure if he wants to risk playing another season for a championship. Argh...It's gonna be a rough off-season for LA.

Plus, even if Kobe decides to remain with the Lakers, there's still a possibility he might go to jail.

Kyle_West 01-07-2004 06:44 PM

ok now

I thought Orlando had first pick. Bobcats had 4th. Did it change since they're an expansion team? Because I thought he was 4th pick.

Louie 01-07-2004 06:50 PM

I think that the Magic got the better deal, but Houston is still a lot better of a team. The Magic don't have even an OK big man, you can't win games by having two pretty good guards, you need a decent center or power forward.

Kyle_West 01-07-2004 06:54 PM

O yeah. I love the orlando magic. But mainly because Tracy is my favorite player (Which I think I already said) anyway, i like him because I thought he'd be a good player. When he was in toronto he was my favorite. Anywho, The magic have a good back court. But, Drew Gooden. Gordon Giricek (However you spell that). I don't even know if Grant Hill is on the roster he has only played like 40 games in last 3 seasons. Pat Garrity, i like him. I think he is a very worthy person for a basketball team. He can play a 4 and he has a nice shot. But yeah They're not gonna get passed first round....If they make it in.

DragonRat 01-07-2004 11:11 PM

Ah, sorry about the draft order wrong. I guess the Magic thought Dwight Howard a better pick than Okafor (where the Bobcats at the 2nd pic overall). In terms of potential, Howard looks to have the edge over Okafor. Still, it's a stupid decision on the part of the Magic GM not to pick Okafor as the no. 1 overall pick.

Well, to talk about my hometown team, the Warriors (well, not exactly hometown, but close enough), they always manage to do crappy in the draft. But, I'll leave it up to Chris Mullin to get the ball rolling. He'll make much shrewder decisions than Garry St. Jean ever did.

Renegade 02-07-2004 04:34 PM

Eek, Steve Nash signed a 5-year 65 million dollar contract with the Phoenix Suns. Uh oh, I hope that doesn't mean Dallas is clearing space to make way for Shaq.

DragonRat 02-07-2004 08:25 PM

Well, if Mark Cuban wanted Shaq, he need not have let Nash go to the Suns.

keira loves lipgloss 03-07-2004 07:44 AM

orlando bloom is beautiful he would be my first choice

Renegade 03-07-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keira loves lipgloss
orlando bloom is beautiful he would be my first choice

Err...that's nice. Last time I checked, he was starring in big movies playing unconvincing roles.

DragonRat 03-07-2004 07:21 PM

I bet I could kick Orli's ass in basketball, and I haven't played in nearly a year.

But in other news, I don't think Coach K will leave Duke for the Lakers. Why leave a good thing behind? Besides, what with the whole Shaq-Kobe situation, it's a good bet Coach K will definitely be out of his zone. He's never had to worry about such huge egos in Cameron as he would in the Staples Center. But I guess it's a way for him to start a new legacy of sorts. Still, it's L.A. I'd rather had him join the Warriors, heh.

Kyle_West 04-07-2004 04:23 AM

I doubt Orlando can ball.

I would pwn his face in basketball. But yeah, I am a good basketball player. I am 6'1 but my arm span can be like a 6'4 or 6'5 guy. Kinda freaky. But yeah, I think I'd destroy him

I can't really see him leaving duke. He has really established himself. Plus alot of college coaches that move up don't do well. Excluding Larry Brown, but look at Rick Pitino. He left Boston and they did well, but he really helped louisville.