PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Leaked

Narg
18-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Yes, this happened 5 days ago, but untill now has been quite hard to obtain by any methods i have tried, Well, people are downloading it.. 2.8gig, prolly will take a while, but hey, its free.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3743110.stm

Yet another game gets leaked before its release (doom 3, hl2 any1 ?) Is this going to be a continuing trend for new and upcoming games with lots of hype. I for one Hope so, the games goes gold, and I have to wait a month, then pay for it, call me crazy, but most people would prefer to download it now. Im not posting the bt link.

Spire
18-10-2004, 10:41 PM
You stupid, stupid man.

Microsoft is on the rampage about this leak. So far, they've fined over several people $100,000 and shut down entire boards for simply talking about downloading the leak. I'd delete this thread personally.

frodo1511
18-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Dammit narg, your going to get this message board ROYALLY SCREWED if that hyperlink is the real thing. I'm not even going to click on it.

I for one don't recommend piracy. If you get caught, your fined, screwed(literally), and people think your a bad guy. Besides, remember the Doom 3 leak? People played it, and gave id so much shit because it played like crap, and the graphics sucked. Don't know what the Halo 2 leak looks/plays like, but probably not what the final version will be. Also, I don't want the story spoiled for me, It's like opening your presents for Christmas in Thanksgiving-it's not right.

Jacoby
18-10-2004, 10:45 PM
*downloads it*

Just kidding. I'm not willing to dish out 100,000 dollars for a fine. I'd rather just wait a month and pay 50, 'kthx'.

frodo1511
18-10-2004, 10:49 PM
It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per instance for copyright violations. "We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft," the statement continues.

Not good for the asshole that downloads it and gets caught.

"A link… on the forums will get you banned permanently [from the forums]." Worse, users whose GamerTag user name is listed in their user profile "risk having your Xbox Live account's ability to play Halo 2 crippled…We are NOT kidding around here."

Not good for the forum/xbox live gamertag/normal everyday people.

Both quotes taken from gamespot.com

Narg
18-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Frodo, that link is too a news post, so you can click it, it just describes what happened. It is the full version.

Spire, I may be stupid, but ill be playing halo 2 before you. they cant shut down the boards for discussing a news article, otherwise the people who posted the news article would be shut down, thats just stupid. Aslong as no-one goes asking for links and shit, which will not happen, because you are all gods children and dont pirate.

Jacoby, GL to them finding me and dishing out a fine for somthing i havent done, check my posts, dosnt say im downloading it. Im simply reporting the news ;).

Jacoby
18-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Jacoby, GL to them finding me and dishing out a fine for somthing i havent done, check my posts, dosnt say im downloading it. Im simply reporting the news ;).

Uh...you contridict yourself...

"Spire, I may be stupid, but ill be playing halo 2 before you."

It's implied.

Spire
18-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Frodo, that link is too a news post, so you can click it, it just describes what happened. It is the full version.

Spire, I may be stupid, but ill be playing halo 2 before you. they cant shut down the boards for discussing a news article, otherwise the people who posted the news article would be shut down, thats just stupid. Aslong as no-one goes asking for links and shit, which will not happen, because you are all gods children and dont pirate.

Well, since I only want Halo 2 for it's multiplayer, I wouldn't want it early, since I wouldn't be able to play with anybody really.

Narg
18-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, since I only want Halo 2 for it's multiplayer, I wouldn't want it early, since I wouldn't be able to play with anybody really.

Thats understandable, I leave multiplayer gaming to my pc, consoles is good for a bit of split screen, but thats about it, for me anyway...

slimgopey
19-10-2004, 12:01 AM
I hate pirates. Mainly with this game, Bungie put alot effort into not ruining the plot, and worked hard for the last three years. I think it's decent to at least respect them on this, they put a lot of effort into it, and these developers get paid jack **** in the end any way.

I'm just stoked that this game is coming out soon, looks like a blast.

frodo1511
19-10-2004, 12:14 AM

Ok, that's cool, but still, it's not the smartest thing to do, going around saying, "yeah, I downloaded illegally Halo 2, I'm a badass..."

BTW, I have a question for you: All the stuff I've heard says the game is a PAL of the French version, WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER. Is the VO in French, or just the written crap(PM me the answer)?

Bait
19-10-2004, 12:25 AM
lol...i downloaded the game 2 days ago and ive been playing it since...i love the french too because it gives it a foreign sense (and im in 3rd year french class so it gives me a chance to practice) btw i encourage everyone to download it because i havnt been caught...

Narg
19-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Ok, that's cool, but still, it's not the smartest thing to do, going around saying, "yeah, I downloaded illegally Halo 2, I'm a badass..."

BTW, I have a question for you: All the stuff I've heard says the game is a PAL of the French version, WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER. Is the VO in French, or just the written crap(PM me the answer)?

I never said i downloaded it frodo, learn to read, secondly, the sound is in french, but it has enlglish subtitles, still easily playable.

Jasper
19-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm guessing that the leaked version is a peice of shit. My brother d/l'd hl2, and said it was sad. The level's weren't even completed, and the graphics sucked. I'll wait till the full games get out.

Narg
19-10-2004, 04:21 AM
thats because hl2 wasnt finished, and it was a leaked beta, halo 2 leak is a full working proper version... :)

CFC
19-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I beat it, it is nothing special.

frodo1511
19-10-2004, 09:48 PM
I never said i downloaded it frodo, learn to read, secondly, the sound is in french, but it has enlglish subtitles, still easily playable.

And I never said you did, I was just putting that up for reference. Sorry if we don't understand eachother.

I just hope that for people who "beat" the leaked version(CFC, among others), don't ruin the story, so please, don't say anything. Thanks

frodo1511
23-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Ok for those of you not in the know(since we're on the subject of pirated games) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has also been leaked. Not like I care, considering this game will probably be as buggy and unplayable as the last two.

Info at ps2.ign.com, gamespot.com, gamespy.com, whereever.