PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this sweet...

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 12:44 PM
There is a Democrat running for a State House seat in Tennessee. Who cares, right? Well, the campaign of by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh is making news because of a flyer that he is circulating. The ad shows a picture of a Special Olympics participant running a race, with President Bush's head superimposed on top. The caption reads: "Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded." Well isn't that nice.

The flyers have been distributed from Fitzhugh's campaign office for two weeks. By the way, that office also serves as the Kerry/Edwards campaign headquarters. So now what is The Poodle's campaign going to say?

Now imagine if you will what would happen if somebody on the Republican side had done this. It could be somebody running for school board in the middle of Montana. Immediately the mainstream media would pick it up, and the outrage would snowball. As it stands now, other than a mention here or there, the Democrats are getting a huge pass. It would appear they're going to get away with insulting people with disabilities.

Remember...there are two sets of rules. One for Democrats, who can say anything they want without scrutiny, and one for Republicans who can't.

http://boortz.com/images/funny/101404_bush_vote.jpg

(This was taken from Neal Boortz's website. He's cool with it. He likes the info spread.)

www.boortz.com

Liam
14-10-2004, 12:45 PM
The sad thing is he will probably win on the back of that flyer.

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 12:55 PM
He would if he was running in California or New York.
He's running in Tennessee. Al Gore's home state...which he didn't carry in the last election. Southern and conservative. The way it should be. :p

Liam
14-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I do like Bush's facials on that flyer, however.

deviljet88
14-10-2004, 01:08 PM
That's tight... Some of the Paralympians (no, they aren't any more special than any one of us) aren't mentally disabled (I like to save retarded for people like George Bush) but have a physical impairment. I feel sorry for the Democrat voters living in that state. Or maybe they're all stereotypical.

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 03:30 PM
That's tight... Some of the Paralympians (no, they aren't any more special than any one of us) aren't mentally disabled (I like to save retarded for people like George Bush) but have a physical impairment. I feel sorry for the Democrat voters living in that state. Or maybe they're all stereotypical.

You're a fourteen year old Australian boy...so I'll let this bit of tripe slide.

IeatDogs
14-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Dude you're 32 hanging out with a bunch of teenagers on a Keira Knightley website. Don't you feel kind of dirty like one of those old men who hang out at the playgrounds :icon_redf .

Clinton
14-10-2004, 07:23 PM
:icon_Oogl Wow! thats cold

Jacoby
14-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Dude you're 32 hanging out with a bunch of teenagers on a Keira Knightley website. Don't you feel kind of dirty like one of those old men who hang out at the playgrounds :icon_redf .

He's not here for Keira, idiot, he's here for the little boys. Much like you. I'd watch your butt in the shower...

Brad, are you serious? Is that flyer serious? There's no way anyone would let that slide. It's not that the flyer says Bush is retarded...it says whoever votes for him is. Maybe that guy'll get hung by some crazy right-wing nazi.

Spire
14-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Nice MS Paint job there.

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 07:40 PM

I don't know...does the creepy old man who molests you feel dirty?

Okay...IeatDogs, I'm done with your portion of the post. The rest of this is for the non-retards whose opinions, even though they are younger than me, I respect.

Jacoby & Spire,
I got it off Boortz's website. He's usually pretty accurate. I would imagine it's somebody's idea of a joke...maybe something that wasn't really meant for public consumption...that got out.
The mentality is the problem. There have been two incidents here in Florida where AFL-CIO goons have trashed Bush/Cheney headquarters. They've done it up in Milwaukee and Minneapolis, I think, and one was shot at...I'll repeat that...shot at, in Tennessee.
If it weren't for double standards, liberals wouldn't have any standards at all.

The Black Rider
14-10-2004, 09:24 PM
That last line is exactly on target, hasselbrad. Liberals act all defensive when people like Whoopi Goldberg or the Dixie Chicks are criticized, but you don't here anyone complaining about this or any other form of anti-Bush extremist propaganda.

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 10:40 PM
As much as I'd like to take credit, I stole it from an e-mail of "election year bumper stickers" a friend sent me.
I'd post it if I knew how.

safin39
16-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Not to come across as an ass,

But I personaly feel that you are stereotyping liberals, which I don't appreciate because even though I am only 16, and consider myself to be more of a left-wing guy, if you were to actually hold a discussion with me, or most other people, you would find that although our opinions may differ, you could still hold an intelligent conversation with us regarding politics.

And just for the record, I hate the Dixie Chicks, and my conservative friends ALWAYS complain about Michael Moore, which I would consider to be anti-Bush propaganda.

bob
16-10-2004, 03:26 AM
let's face it, for all the crap that michael moore gets for his films (who cares if it's a doco, it's MASS media) then i'd say conservatives fire just as many shots as liberals do. not to mention that with michael moore's public status, any criticism (and on the flip side - praise) aimed at him spreads like wildfire. this on the otherhand, is one political flyer in one electorate. granted it's very unique, and i don't mean to be mean (aheh) but...

"Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded."

... that's friggen hilarious. perhaps they're letting it slide because there's a certain degree of truth to it? kidding (or am i... ?) seriously though, political correctness is incredibly tiring. this issue with the term 'retarded' being considered discriminatory to people with disabilities, is retarded in itself. but otherwise, yes, that flyer shouldn't have happened. though for entertainment's sake, i'm glad it did.

hasselbrad
16-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Stuff like this wouldn't touch nerves if the media was even handed in dealing with it. The real problem is the liberal bias in the mass media. Dan Rather isn't going to touch this story with a ten foot pole. But, if a report surfaces that, while in the Texas Air National Guard, George W. Bush was cited twice for his fingernails not being clipped to regulations, we'll hear about it for two weeks.
This sort of filth, coupled with attacks....yes attacks on Bush/Cheney headquarters, is making the Democratic Party into something akin to the "insurgents" (liberal media term for terrorist fucknuts) in Iraq. Offices have been ransacked, and staffers physically assaulted, by AFL/CIO goons. Other offices have been shot at by unknown parties, though I'm going to go ahead and assume it was people who won't be voting for George W. Bush. All this is happening, as a 66 page Democratic Party manual has surfaced detailing how "voter intimidation" can be alleged, even if there is none! Lawyers are standing by, ready to go to any and every county in America the DNC thinks they should carry in this November's election, and allege fraud and voter intimidation.
The double standard about which The Black Rider was speaking exists whether you want to admit it or not. Celebrities from Hollywood and the music industry are whip quick to stand up on the forum which celebrity affords them and give us all an earful of their opinions. However, when faced with a backlash from their fans and/or the industry which markets their music (I'm talking specifically about the Dixie Chicks, here) they try to cower behind the notion that their First Amendment rights are somehow being breached.
Last time I checked, Natalie Maines, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon were still free to move about the country as they please. I haven't heard of them being sent to any "re-education camps". They say their 1A rights are being trampled and the media is right there with them, pumping that line of bullshit into every household in America. What you won't see is the counterpoint to their idiotic claims.
The same liberals that defended Michael Moore's right to free speech (another of the ridiculous 1A claims that I won't get into here) will sue their own mothers to prevent anything critical of John Kerry released. As I recall, the only thing Republicans wanted done in regard to Fahrenheit 911 was that ads for it count toward the amount of money spent on DNC ads. There wasn't a large movement to have it banned.

Sarah
16-10-2004, 07:13 PM
As much as I'd like to laugh, I don't see the fun in making fun of people will disabilities. Comparing Bush to people will disabilities is an insult to people with disabilities!

Jacoby
17-10-2004, 01:48 AM
As much as I'd like to laugh, I don't see the fun in making fun of people will disabilities. Comparing Bush to people will disabilities is an insult to people with disabilities!

I was going to try and defend Bush here, but I just realized that I don't like him at all. I like Kerry less, but still. http://www.miniclip.com/hiphopdebate.htm (please click that...)

"Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded."

... that's friggen hilarious.
The joke was pilfered..it's been on the internet for a long time. As well as that same picture. Which makes me think that that flyer is fake.

OH! And I wanted to express my hatred toward Michael Moore. I've discussed this with my sister on several occasions. She's a left-wing liberal, and I'm more of a fence-sitter. Anywho, the reasons I hate Michael Moore: I do NOT hate him because of his opinions, we're all intitled to them, and I respect that. But the way the asshole uses them is beyond me. His movies are so one-sided, and even though people say, "don't let the movie change your vote..." or whatever, it really does. Why does it, you ask, calm down...I was just about to tell you. If you live in one of those silly countries (read: outside of the US.. :kidding: ) you wouldn't know about how hardcore MTV is pushing people in the 18-24 age group to vote. This should be seen as a good thing, but it's not. Ok, the people who watch MTV and see this shit don't know anything about politics (obviously not all of them, but most.) So they're literally forced to vote by MTV and P Diddy/puff daddy, who has said "vote or die", and they have no idea about what's going on. Instead of turning on CNN, or any other news chanel to learn about what's going on, they go to the movies because they heard about Farenheit 9/11. They think to themselves, "Oh my God, I can't believe what an asshole Bush is. And I can't belive how John Kerry could be so brilliant. I also can't believe how fat Michael Moore is. I'm going to throw out this pop-corn..." The movie is their only source of knowledge on the subject, and they're going to vote for anyone but Bush. Eff you, Michael Moore...

bob
17-10-2004, 02:01 AM
^ jacoby, i'm sorry but i don't think the problem is so much with michael moore than it is with the circus freakshow that is MTV. or perhaps the education system. i say knowledge and education is key, and if michael moore is going to use petty satire to get his way, then i say 'all the way' because it's a lot better than having murdoch run rampant with his beast that is FOX. my god, i'm fucking rambling. basically, i think the reason the kids don't know what's going on or who to vote for is because they've never had to do it in the first place. why learn about politics when you don't have to get involved AT ALL? this is just my "voting should be compulsory" propaganda. ta.

Offices have been ransacked, and staffers physically assaulted, by AFL/CIO goons.
my god, the australian football league is involved as well? (obviously that was intended as a joke)

i agree, double standards are a bitch, but that's people for you. seeing as i'm viewing the issue from across the globe, the matter seems much less important to me. heck, i don't even hold much interest in australian politics. i hate politics. i think all politicians are idiots. you can only judge them against other politicians, so the standards aren't set very high in the first place.

but seeing as it's a matter of "my team is best", and considering the strong anti-bush feeling all over the world (yes, ALL OVER the world) it's not very surprising that the media should be guilty of bias and double standards. i'd like to think that regardless of whether it's there or not (and i think most people would definitely admit that it is there) people should be intelligent enough to be able to view everything they read in an objective manner. but alas, that is not always the case, and it's usually those who aren't intelligent enough that make up the target demographic for political campaigns.

oh come now, allow yourself even the slightest of chuckles.