PDA

View Full Version : Them Corey Boys...

Richard
14-10-2004, 12:38 AM
I think we should have a discussion about Corey Haim & Corey Feldman. Don't you agree? Somewhat popular icons during the 80s, if you didn't know, but for those who do... talk.

I decided to make this thread after I watched a string of Corey Feldman films over the past week...The Goonies... Stand By Me... The 'Burbs... The Lost Boys... Gremlins... Friday the 13th Part. 4... etc.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about either one of them, but I'm more of a fan of Corey Feldman. He starred in a lot of great 80s films, most of which are my personal favorites - I can't help it. How many of you watched The Surreal Life 1st Season? It's hilarious. Feldman owned.

Renegade
14-10-2004, 12:48 AM
I caught a couple of episodes of the Surreal Life 1. Feldman's weird. He whines endlessly and makes a big deal out of small insignifcant things.

(And he got married on TV. You'd think a celebrity would want privacy. Weird.)

Spire
14-10-2004, 04:32 AM
You idiot, you forget Corey Feldman's biggest movie. That's right....he was the voice of Donatello in the TMNT movie! Sheesh, how can you miss that... :icon_mod:

hasselbrad
14-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Corey Haim was cuter. He appealed to more young girls and gay men.
Corey Feldman had more range. Not as cute, but more dangerous.

Richard
14-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Corey Feldman had more range. Not as cute, but more dangerous.

Except when he tried to impersonate Michael Jackson. I was roaring with laughter...

Spire, I just recently found out that Corey Feldman actually voiced Donatello. I'm very embarrassed. I haven't seen the TMNT movies in a while, but I just hate that Vanilla Ice when he appeared in the sequel. I can't get passed it.

Dyce_Blue
14-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Besides Feldman's performance in TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, my favorite "Corey Movie" is Demolition High with Corey Haim.

I always wondered what would happen if terrorists with bad accents took over my high school. Now I know that they all would die at the hands of childish booby traps and Alan Thicke on a megaphone.

:icon_conf

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Who is Corey Haim? Is he the one they sing about in that song? "Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?" I always thought they were saying 'Corey Haine' or something.

<chuckle> Kids, eh?! Well Ashlyn's very much a late 80's baby so she missed out the Corey days...but Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were LEGENDS of the 80's for "kids" like myself who remember that far back. And yes, The Thrills are singing about Corey Haim because he disappeared off the fucking planet years ago. Hence the title being "Whatever happened to Corey Haim?" Methinks Haim was an icon for members of the band so they wanted to write a song about him...hence the words "Whatever happened, my friend", because to many kids of the 80's Feldman and Haim were like buddies of ours...arrr.

Oh yeah...Feldman > Haim for me. Just for the Goonies alone.

EmotionSickness
23-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Finally something I can (and want to) talk about!

Haim fucking owned. He was one of my first big celeb crushes. He was such a cutie, back in the day. Too bad he got strung out, went bankrupt, disappeared off the face of the earth, tried to make a comeback and then got all fat.

Feldman was always cooler, more of a wild-man, but he was so fugly. His Michael Jackson days were the epitome of pathetic. Probably the better actor of the two, though. Better movies, definitely.

As for me, I think I prefer the Corey "buddy movies". License to Drive, The Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream, Demolition High anyone?

Ahhhh, nostalgia. My favorite flavor.

Hazzle
23-10-2004, 04:19 PM
As for me, I think I prefer the Corey "buddy movies". License to Drive, The Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream, Demolition High anyone?

The Lost Boys ROCKED. Not much of a comment, I know, but sheesh...who needs to elaborate any further than that?

Richard
23-10-2004, 04:46 PM
The Lost Boys ROCKED. Not much of a comment, I know, but sheesh...who needs to elaborate any further than that?

I can. The Lost Boys has got to be one the best teenage vampire movie of all time. It was afterall the first movie of the genre to create a stylish, sexy gang of vampires who invole themselves in the contemporary teenage lifestyle. This strayed from the stereotypical idea of the conservative lone vampire which had dominated most movies in the genre around that era. The characters are unique and interesting adding more depth to the plot. This is some of the casts best work ever. Highly recommended.

Corey and Corey also starred in 1992's Blown Away... a film in which I have seen.