PDA

View Full Version : Change the world.

Sarah
09-10-2004, 10:38 AM
You can introduce ONE new law. What law would you introduce and why?

Narg
09-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Retards are killed at birth.

johnnyboy
09-10-2004, 12:47 PM
No member of or relating to the Bush family can become president

Louie
09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
No Speed Limit.

frodo1511
09-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Anyone can own an assault weapon(for example, M60, for those who don't know what a fully-automatic weapon is).

Oh, and agree w/narg and louie, great ideas:P

ryan
09-10-2004, 02:17 PM
No member of or relating to the Bush family can become president

You're not American, worry about your own country leaders :p

ryan
09-10-2004, 02:23 PM
people below a certain level of intelligence should be segregated from the rest of atleast semi-intelligent people and not allowed to breed.

down with idiots.

Jacoby
09-10-2004, 02:36 PM
No pants.

AureaMediocritas
09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
All kind of Neo-Nazis , Skinheads and other radical garbage shall be imprisonned in concentration camps supervised by Jews , Homosexuals ( :) ) , Tziganes , Communists and black people.
This will establish a nice "change of perspective".

Foeni
09-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Pedofiles should have their 'below' removed (not under an anaesthetic!)... That's punishment and it prevents them from doing it again.

Richard
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
No tax on anything. Paying those extra cents makes a big difference.

Renegade
09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Law: No age restrictions for watching movies.
Reason: Because being 15 has its setbacks :p

Mandy
09-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Law: No age restrictions for watching movies.
Reason: Because being 15 has its setbacks :p

Phhh movies? No law restrictions on drinking alcohol....well...at least set it back to like 16...None of this 21 bullshit.

frodo1511
09-10-2004, 04:36 PM
No ESRB ratings for videogames.

Jasper
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Everyone must obey me.

johnnyboy
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Marijuana should be legal everywhere as it is in the Netherlands

Ardnax
09-10-2004, 06:17 PM
It should be a death penalty to bullies.

Foeni
09-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Phhh movies? No law restrictions on drinking alcohol....well...at least set it back to like 16...None of this 21 bullshit.

Damn, it must be sucky with a 21 years limit! In Denmark we can go to a shop and buy all the alcohol we like when we are 16, and we can have served alcohol in pubs, discotecs etc. when we are 18...

duckula
09-10-2004, 08:19 PM
How many more laws do we need?

Dyce_Blue
09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
These laws together sound like those of Communist Vietnam. Why doesn't everyone just move there?

I'm fine here with our current laws.

PS: frodo, does anyone really pay attention to the ESRB ratings?

Thought Not.

Spire
09-10-2004, 10:51 PM
No ESRB ratings for videogames.

1. Who cares?

2. If anything, the ESRB ratings have helped, since without them, Lieberman and his hounds could have imposed censorship in videogames.

CFC
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
ESRB is optional for videogames also.

Jacoby
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
2. If anything, the ESRB ratings have helped, since without them, Lieberman and his hounds could have imposed censorship in videogames.

Yeah, and then we wouldn't have gems like "BMX XxX" and "The Guy Game"... :icon_err:

I forgot to explain my "No pants" law. They chafe.

johnnyboy
09-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Damn right Jacoby

frodo1511
10-10-2004, 01:46 AM
1. Who cares?

1. I care, when I tried to preorder Halo 2, and they asked for my age. Being the nice guy that I am, I said 16. Now I'm not sure if I need to bring an older friend with me on midnight to get the game or not:(

2.No, I don't care for them. Liberman is a fucking moron, and have actually made it harder to get a Teen rating over a Mature rating. If he should do anything right in his life, he should make the ESRB create a new rating inbetween the T and M.

Dyce_Blue
10-10-2004, 02:54 AM
If he should do anything right in his life, he should make the ESRB create a new rating inbetween the T and M.

That's not even possible.

There is only a four year age gap between T and M games.

I think they should just rate the M games.

The T rating is usually relegated to bloodless games involving violence. I don't see what the big deal is, there is no way Street Fighter should be for 13+. I played that when I was 5.

NearokA
10-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Sarah, just one law? :icon_conf

Well, I suppose if I just had one law, it would be for people to smile and laugh more. :icon_smil :icon_lol: :icon_rofl

It makes me feel good when people smile at me.

Bait
10-10-2004, 05:38 AM

i agree with this 100% i wish it was 16 (im 16) but if im forced to make a law of my own...id have to say alcohol at 15 :)

Spire
10-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah, and then we wouldn't have gems like "BMX XxX" and "The Guy Game"... :icon_err:

Those games shouldn't have been made anyway, I'm talking about censorship where it hurts, like taking out blood from games like Halo, Mortal Kombat, and Resident Evil. Lieberman proposed taking out rocket launchers and any realistic guns from games (Halo probably wouldn't even exist), stupid things like that. The fact that there is an ESRB rating system in place, and that it is enforced, keeps him from getting the backing he needs to censor games.

I'm pretty sure you're against all forms of censorship, whether it be music, games, or film.

Oh and Frodo. You're 16, cry about it. One more year, big deal.

frodo1511
10-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh and Frodo. You're 16, cry about it. One more year, big deal.

Fuck off, by that time, Both PS3 and Xenon will be out, and without being sneaky about it, I will have missed out on great games only targeted at "Mature" people. I realise that if they do change the ESRB, then it would take place after a couple years. I'm just saying that most M rated games don't deserve to be M rated games. Take Halo for example: Blood, Language, Violence, Guns. NOTHING any 13 year old hasn't seen, so why all the fuss. Mortal Kombat, however, does deserve it's M rating.

On-Topic: on those standardized test's you take in school, you should be able to add "Pirate" or "Ninja" for your ethnicity.

Spire
10-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Fuck off, by that time, Both PS3 and Xenon will be out, and without being sneaky about it, I will have missed out on great games only targeted at "Mature" people. I realise that if they do change the ESRB, then it would take place after a couple years. I'm just saying that most M rated games don't deserve to be M rated games. Take Halo for example: Blood, Language, Violence, Guns. NOTHING any 13 year old hasn't seen, so why all the fuss. Mortal Kombat, however, does deserve it's M rating.

On-Topic: on those standardized test's you take in school, you should be able to add "Pirate" or "Ninja" for your ethnicity.

Don't cry little boy. You'll be able to play M-rated games coming out now later, when you are 17. They're not going to magically vanish off the face of the earth. Plus, I think you can find a way to get your hands on the good M-rated games coming out. You're just being a bitch about it.

frodo1511
10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Don't cry little boy. You'll be able to play M-rated games coming out now later, when you are 17. They're not going to magically vanish off the face of the earth. Plus, I think you can find a way to get your hands on the good M-rated games coming out. You're just being a bitch about it.

No, I'm just pissed off at people like you thinking that A. without the ratings board, some games wouldn't be created or see the light of day(hollywood did just fine without them 40 years ago), and B. people think that M-rated games are bad for kids. Anyone hear of the British moron who was arrested for killing his friend after playing Manhunt. Utter bullshit. If your not mature enough to handle the games, DON'T PLAY THEM. Don't blame the games, and make it harder to get your hands on something you otherwise see every day(watch the news). I'm mature enough to play them, as well as watch R-rated movies. It pisses me off that you have to be 17 to get at both, it should be lowered, like alcohol, or driving liscenses. Your 19, spire, so you don't know what it means, so back off.

Foeni
10-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Actually it seems very weird that you can drive a car when you are that young, but you can't watch the "dangerous" movies.. It's far worse putting inmature youngster against a wheel, that putting them in front of a TV. Only the braindead people get extremely violent by watching the movies. 99 % don't have the genes to get violent by watching TV or playing computer games they officially are too young for...

frodo1511
10-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Actually it seems very weird that you can drive a car when you are that young, but you can't watch the "dangerous" movies.. It's far worse putting inmature youngster against a wheel, that putting them in front of a TV. Only the braindead people get extremely violent by watching the movies. 99 % don't have the genes to get violent by watching TV or playing computer games they officially are too young for...

Thank you foeni, for seeing my point of the "debate".
Spire, if you want to continue to ramble at me, PM.

Spire
11-10-2004, 04:37 AM
No, I'm just pissed off at people like you thinking that A. without the ratings board, some games wouldn't be created or see the light of day(hollywood did just fine without them 40 years ago), and B. people think that M-rated games are bad for kids. Anyone hear of the British moron who was arrested for killing his friend after playing Manhunt. Utter bullshit. If your not mature enough to handle the games, DON'T PLAY THEM. Don't blame the games, and make it harder to get your hands on something you otherwise see every day(watch the news). I'm mature enough to play them, as well as watch R-rated movies. It pisses me off that you have to be 17 to get at both, it should be lowered, like alcohol, or driving liscenses. Your 19, spire, so you don't know what it means, so back off.

1. I never said Mature rated games affect children. I don't think they do, I don't know where you got the idea that I thought that.

2. I know exactly how you feel. I have strict parents, they wouldn't even let me watch PG-13 movies when I was 14 or 15, or play M-rated games. I know exactly how you feel, and I certainly didn't bitch about it. I was 16 once too. Trust me, once you're 17 you won't even notice the ESRB rating, you're just pissed right now because it's going to take you a bit of trouble getting Halo 2. You have the first Halo right? You've talked about owning M-rated games before, don't act like it's a huge deal to get ahold of some.

And I'll PM when I feel like it bitch.

Liam
11-10-2004, 10:07 AM
If I recall, this thread was about introducing a new law. Not video game violence, which rocks my world, incidentally.

CFC
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM
My law?

5% of all pre tax dollars for everybody in the world paid to me.

hasselbrad
15-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I would repeal the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Income taxes are bullshit. I would institute a 23% sales tax in its place.

Oh...I'm sorry. I was being all serious.
Jacoby's no pants thing sounds good.

No tops for women! Sorry darlin'...it's the law!