PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to this?

hasselbrad
08-10-2004, 05:59 PM
http://www.regalcinemedia.com/bsc_beta/subpage/index.asp?eventID=433

This would be cool to see on the big screen. Cool to see on DVD. Cool to see except for the fact that Yoko One performs...if that's what you can call what she did. :icon_conf

Jacoby
08-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I'll probably skip it. I'm not that much of a Rolling Stones fan.

hasselbrad
08-10-2004, 07:36 PM
They're not my favorite, but I believe John Lennon and The Who are involved, so I'll enjoy it. I like the Stones music from this era the best.

The Black Rider
09-10-2004, 01:37 AM
I'd love to, but it doesn't seem to be playing anywhere near where I live. The closest is New York, but sadly I don't have enough time or money to make plans to go out there so soon.

But I've wanted to see this concert for a long time. I don't like anything the Stones did after 1972, but this is when they were in their prime to me. I've seen their Sympathy for the Devil from this on VH1 Classic before, which is good if you like that song (I don't). But it's all worth it just to see The Who's performance of one of their best songs, A Quick One (While He's Away). You can see it in the excellent Who documentary The Kids are Alright, but I've never seen the concert in its entirety.

Legend has it that the Stones never released this concert before because of The Who's performance, but it looks like they're over that (assuming it's true).

frodo1511
09-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Would like to, but not playing closer than KC, and gas is 1.88 a pop now, so it may be a streach.

johnnyboy
09-10-2004, 12:51 PM
no, im not going

Richard
09-10-2004, 03:15 PM
I never go to concerts. Too loud, and I hate to stand for hours.

Jacoby
09-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I never go to concerts. Too loud, and I hate to stand for hours.

I don't think people will be standing for this concert...