PDA

View Full Version : KKW Events?

Foeni
05-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I've been wondering.. Has there been any KKW irl events? If not, wouldn't that be a good idea? I am fully aware that It will take some time organizing, but don't you think the more "hardcore" members would find it funny/interesting? I would! I don't know exactly what should be the theme/activities (apart from getting drunk;)), but someone could make a post where people could post suggestions? Perhaps making some kind of Keira Knightley Movie Marathon :icon_popc . The possibilities are endless..

It doesn't have to be soon, but it should be enough time to arrange a event/meeting next summer !?!

Leonie
05-10-2004, 08:19 PM
How about you have a look at the KKW Meetup Forums (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22), eh?

Foeni
05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I thought that was a forum for people who HAD met and wanted to share the experience... No a forum to encourage to some big KKW event... So I did think about it..

Leonie
05-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I was referring to you asking if there had been KKW irl events already. I don't think discussing future plans in the Meetings Forums is a great idea, which is why I've left this thread unlocked. Carry on, make plans. :)

Foeni
05-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Hehe... I will, as soon as people reply to this thread (which I hope they do). I am willing to arrange something if it has any interest, but then it kinda have to be in Denmark. Otherwise it will be too difficult and take too much time to arrange, and I don't have that much time (High School :().
Would you be interested Leonie?

Leonie
05-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Sounds great, but unfortunately I am just a poor uni student. So... not any time soon, no.

Foeni
05-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Sad... But personally I don't have the time before next summer after my exams.
It would actually be good if we waited so long.. That gives us a chance to arrange the whole everything, and save up ;)

Flightfreak
05-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but its difficult.
Anyway, leonie and parox will probably be the first ones i met :)

Jacoby
05-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Sounds like I'll keep my bum un-penetrated, a-thank-you.

A huge meeting with people we hardly know? No thanks. Let's just have an Irc meeting instead! Yay!

frodo1511
06-10-2004, 12:40 AM
How about we just all hook up web-cams, and talk online together? I'm also not a big fan of meeting people I don't really know well. Mommy says not to talk to strangers.

Narg
06-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Im planning on flying down and ass-raping Jet, i can hook up a webcam and put a report up in the forums, other than that, at the moment i have no money to save to fly over seas..

NearokA
06-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Hey man, just provide beers and ice cream and I'll fly down to Denmark.
:icon_beer

Liam
06-10-2004, 11:08 AM
There has been 3 or 4 real life events, as far as I'm aware. I spent a week in England with acliff and duckula, a week in Norway with tita*, there was the KKW barbeque, and the 3-4 hours in Heathrow airport I spent with acliff, duckula and Haz on my way to Ireland. (if you want to count it)

There is another coming up in 9 days. Theres an event marked out in the forum calendar for it.

If you are going to organise and take part in such an event, please make sure you know the person/persons you are meeting quite well before you commit. Everyone has heard the horror stories. KKW management can accept no responsibility if you are found decapitated or suffer anaphylactic shock due to a distinct lack of funny.

That said, such events are great fun in my experience. If you do organise something, we want picture proof in the meetings board.

apoggy
06-10-2004, 12:40 PM
You forgot Cliff's brief meeting with Leonie in HMV on Oxford Street

Foeni
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Hmm.. People don't seem to take this very seriously (Jacoby, Narg and NearokA - thank you!). Personally I just think it could be fun gathering a bunch of KKWs. It didn't have to be a lot, but since it doesn't seem to have any interest, I think I'll just drop it, and only meet with one person at a time.

deviljet88
06-10-2004, 02:05 PM
I think I detect sarcasm there, but its not very clear. I'm not exactly of the age to fly around the world to meet with people, but meeting Narg eventually seems on the cards. Being ass-raped by him is a no-no.

Foeni
06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
I just find it weird that people are that negative.. I can understand those who live very far away (Ie. USA, Australia), but it surprise me that those who live on the European continent is that negative.

apoggy
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Yes we the people are going to spend £150.37 plus costs to see some random stranger.

Foeni
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
It must be able to find it cheaper... Otherwise, if there are a lot of Englishmen who find it interesting, England is fine for me, too.. Then I just need someone from England to help me arrange things!

Leonie
06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
England is fine for me, too.. Then I just need someone from England to help me arrange things!

Hmmmm... KKWWTFBBQ2 anyone? :D

Foeni
06-10-2004, 04:50 PM
I actually made this thread to hear who might be interested, not to hear all those who weren't!
Are you serious Leonie? It doesn't seem so :icon_conf , but if you are, count me in :)

Leonie
06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Let me be brutally honest then - am I up for a KKWWTFBBQ2? Yes. Am I up for meeting you? No. I barely know you, same goes for most of the KKWers, which is why I am not too enthusiastic about a big KKW meetup. Sorry.

Foeni
06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
It doesn't neccesarily have to one of the next months.. Just sometime...
I'm not up for meeting members yet (only one or two, perhaps), but in some time when I get to know people better, I am absolutely interested in meeting some other KKWs

duckula
06-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Attractive female visitors of legal age will be welcomed with open arms in southampton.

Foeni
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Attractive female visitors of legal age will be welcomed with open arms in southampton.

That goes for Copenhagen as well!

Jacoby
06-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Rochester will take the under-aged ones, I guess.

deviljet88
07-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Melbourne will take anyone too underage for Rochester. Chips and coke served.

Liam
07-10-2004, 10:30 AM
You could play with your matchbox cars and watch Rugrats.

Foeni
07-10-2004, 08:35 PM
I would have thought you might find it funny Liam... But appearently not :(

Liam
09-10-2004, 11:16 AM
I was talking to Jet.

I'll do you a deal. If you hurry up and organise something before October 24 I'll show up. Off home to Sydney on the 25th.

Foeni
09-10-2004, 11:56 AM
You know very well that isn't possible, so I'm not even gonna take that post serious!

Liam
09-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Its plenty possible.

What you should have done is joined KKW 3 months ago and I would have had a beer with you in Copenhagen while I was there :p

Foeni
09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Its plenty possible.

Not putting an event together.. A meeting between two persons? Yeah it is, but that wasn't what I was talking about... But let me know next time you are going to Copenhagen, and we'll have that beer :p