PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Thread

Spire
04-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Boston Globe Article (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/us_senate/articles/2004/10/03/back_room_dealing_a_capitol_trend_boston_globe/)

The above article is fairly interesting, long, and disturbing. What do you think about it? I think the US has always been screwed politically.

johnnyboy
04-10-2004, 11:51 PM
This is a step forward for you Spire :icon_surp

I think the US has always been screwed politically.

Only because of Bush :icon_razz :kidding:

Dyce_Blue
05-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Don't push Spire, he's a republican

seventhson
05-10-2004, 02:38 AM
Good post, reading! No surprise how crooked the politicians behave.
I am registered to, and fully intend to vote. I will exercise my power with a #2 pencil in the voting booth and run my big mouth at every family, social & work related gathering for the next month + . I'll simmer down about time for the holiday season...Peace on earth good will to men.
Pray for peace...Pray hard.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

deviljet88
05-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Don't you just love money?

AureaMediocritas
05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Another clear example showing the discrepancy between some elitarian
privileged insiders who know what is going on in U.S. politics and the huge
majority of standard american citizens that haven't got a clue about all the
"intransparent" , rather "subtle" , political mechanisms. Articles like this one
might prove that it isn't always sufficient to adopt some kind of plain ,
generalized opinion ( for example : I' m for the war in Iraq and I hate all the
liberal pussies that disagree with me. or : All republicans are ignorant because
they support Bush.) and might furthermore encourage some people to question
the political decisions made by a very restricted , influent and sometimes
reckless leadership ... hopefully.
Criticism is the magic word.
Please note that the quantity of scandals you hear about is very probably
minimal in respect to the entire number of scandals that cannot or are not
allowed to be revealed to everyone.

johnnyboy
06-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Don't push Spire, he's a republican

Don't care if he is a Republican, I hate Bush, I like Kerry, hes smarter, better at articulating himself, and he actually has some understandable form of a plan instead of Bush's constant 'we have to stay the course and stay in Iraq, bring freedom and democracy to Iraq' Shit, thats never going to happen, look at us in the USA, we've had democracy for over 200 years, and we still haven't gotten it right.

Jacoby
06-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Don't care if he is a Republican, I hate Bush, I like Kerry, hes smarter, better at articulating himself, and he actually has some understandable form of a plan...

It's obvious you've based that knowledge on absolutely nothing and haven't been keeping with politics. I hate Kerry, he really is a "flip-flopper". I don't like Bush, but I like him more than Kerry. They both said that they must continue with the war in Iraq, so just vote for Bush; this way you'll have less of a chance getting drafted if there is a war. That's right, Johnathon, the democrats are the ones pushing for a draft. Do you want to get drafted?

On topic:..I'll read that crap later.

Spire
06-10-2004, 04:47 AM
Don't care if he is a Republican, I hate Bush, I like Kerry, hes smarter, better at articulating himself, and he actually has some understandable form of a plan instead of Bush's constant 'we have to stay the course and stay in Iraq, bring freedom and democracy to Iraq' Shit, thats never going to happen, look at us in the USA, we've had democracy for over 200 years, and we still haven't gotten it right.

Not that I care. I couldn't care less about the war, the economy, or foreign policy. Kerry's plans aren't that much different from Bush's, I think you just hate Bush because you eat up all the negative coverage he gets from the (obviously biased) media. Bush isn't the greatest speaker, but that doesn't mean he's the kindergarten moron they paint him up to be.

I'm conservative, so I'[m against abortion and gay marriage, and that's where I fall in line with the Repubo's (as I call them). I'd much rather vote for Mr. T, truth be told, but he's not running so....

Liam
06-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Don't you just love money?

Yes. Yes I do.

johnnyboy
07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Do you want to get drafted?

I can't get drafted

And, I'm entitled to my opinion, I'm not asking you to care

Elijahfan
07-10-2004, 11:40 PM
politics are all dirty, doesnt matter what side because it's on both. most politicians are rich anyway, like senators are usually millionaires, kerry has the ketchup lady and bush has his dad's oil.

since this is heading a little into the presidental election....i would vote for kerry if i could vote, just because i'm completely against bush and his "daddy's war", come on, the guy used the word CRUSADE! wtf, and ya wonder why they hate us?!?!?! plus he can't pronouce words, at least i'll admit it and work on my vocabulary before i try to become a leader of a country.