PDA

View Full Version : My awful poetry for Keira entitled Autumn Love

NearokA
03-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Okay guys, this is a poem by me. SIgh. I'm not that good with poetry so whatever, since my fans are bored with my writing, you can now make puns at my poetry.

When you guys read this, if there is no punctuation, keep reading and don't pause. The poem reads better that way. At least I think, anyway. Enjoy, because I'll not write poetry again any time soon (unless, you really want me to).

Autumn Love
By: Song Hyun Min

Today was a beautiful Autumn day,
Shall I compare it to your love?
I daresay.

I’m liking it,
How green leaves fall from grace.
How they turn to yellow,
To red, to orange, and then to brown.

It reminds me of
How your face changes bed.
How it’s first innocently white,
Then furiously pink,
Then embarrassingly red.

And the colors adjust
Progressively.
As if foreshadowing
The coming changes,
Sympathetically.

The sun beats overhead,
Sifting through trees
Monochromatically.
And the light is scattering,
Bending, flexing, and condensing,
Rather rapidly.

And the Sun’s humble rays,
With its warmth and brightness,
Remind me of your sweet
Personality
And Kindness.

The wind’s divinity
Brings the cool breeze of winter,
From distant northern lands.
Embracing, enfolding, and engulfing,
Me.

And it's reminiscent,
Of your silent whispers
In my ears,
And your gentle blowing
On my fingers.

And these things of autumn
Show me ways of love.
And as I'm walking,
These feelings keep building,
They keep on
Magnifying.

And then I turn
And look above,
To the sky proclaiming,
To you Keira,
As loud as I can,
"You are my Autumn Love!"

frodo1511
03-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Better than what I could do, but your thread title sums it up:P

Spire
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
No way in fucking hell I'm reading that.

Foeni
03-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Can't tell whether this poem is beutiful or not.. I normally NEVER read poems, so I can't tell!

The Black Rider
03-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, it was a decent attempt, I'll give you that. The diction seems very forced, however, and if you want to improve upon your poetry, definitely work on that.

NearokA
03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
The diction seems very forced.

Elaborate.

seventhson
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
I don't mind if you do more poems. I won't critique your poetry. I'll just ignore it, if it turns me off.
If it feels good, type it.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

DragonRat
04-10-2004, 02:48 AM
This thread has been moved to the Gallery, since there's been a demand for more poems on that thread anyway. Any pieces of artistic inspiration - about Keira or no - can and should be placed into the Gallery.

About the poem, it reminds me of the first lines of one of Bill Shakespeare's sonnets:

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate."

(Actually, the entire poem reminds me of that one particular sonnet.) However, I suppose that now is not the summer, and rather it is the autumn, and so your feelings for Keira seem to be more predisposed toward the fall rather than the summer months. Your rhyme scheme is intriguing, though I suppose that that can't necessarily be helped anyway.

It's a decent first attempt. No one gets it right the first time. And about the punctuation, that's up to the discretion of the poet himself. If he so chooses, the punctuation dictates a certain pace and manner about the poem. If you choose not to use punctuation, that in itself is symbolic, as if it's a train of thought. Poetry does not have to have grammatical barriers, although I myself prefer to use them.

NearokA
04-10-2004, 03:15 AM
This thread has been moved to the Gallery, since there's been a demand for more poems on that thread anyway. Any pieces of artistic inspiration - about Keira or no - can and should be placed into the Gallery.

Is not writing a form of artistic expression? Is not anything and everything a form of artistic expression? So I wonder what you mean. The gallery, does it not only pertain to visual art? But then the question becomes, can poetry and writing be visual arts?

I edited a few words here and there in the poem. Perhaps it reads a little more smoothly and the end isn't forced.

DragonRat
04-10-2004, 03:38 PM
But then the question becomes, can poetry and writing be visual arts?

Yes, it can.

dying to live
21-10-2004, 03:35 AM
lmao at the replys up there

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Is not writing a form of artistic expression? Is not anything and everything a form of artistic expression? So I wonder what you mean. The gallery, does it not only pertain to visual art? But then the question becomes, can poetry and writing be visual arts?

I edited a few words here and there in the poem. Perhaps it reads a little more smoothly and the end isn't forced.

Ok...err...it was moved TO the Gallery. So what the fuck are you on about? It was moved TO the Gallery BECAUSE writing IS a form of artistic expression, if it's creative. The Gallery is the place for people to expose their CREATIVE sides, it's not about "art" per se.

And it does read ok...I have to say it's not too bad for a first effort, seems forced a little, can't really describe why...it's just a vibe I get...and it makes me laugh (which I doubt was intended) because it reminds me too much of the sonnet by Shakespeare that Dragonrat referred to (I forget which number it is). But it's not a bad first effort at all...

DragonRat
22-10-2004, 06:35 AM
I see no second effort. Where's your ambition?

NearokA
24-10-2004, 04:06 PM
You crazy motherfuckas...lol. Forced? Boo! Boooo!

And Dragonrat, I was unaware that others wanted me to continue writing horrible poetry. lol. But then again, how am I suppose to fix my problem if no one knows what it is?

Hazzle
24-10-2004, 06:56 PM
More Nearoka originals says I. Come on. Chop chop.