PDA

View Full Version : World Tax

CFC
28-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Well I am doing my weekly government paper on the World Tax that President Chirac of France proposed to the UN. I was wondering what do you guys think. Here is the article I am responding to. Clicky (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/09/20/international1721EDT0658.DTL)

I think it is a good idea but I don't know if it is feasable. Is throwing money at poor people going to solve the problem? I also think a lot of the burden from this would be put on the US I can understand why but the US currently does give out more aid then any other country.

duckula
28-09-2004, 11:28 PM
A world tax? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha. I've heard they are going to clone Jesus and teach him how to tapdance with tigers on his feet, that sounds pretty neat.

CFC
28-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Well 110 countries supported it. The US did not( big surprize huh?)

hasselbrad
28-09-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/humour/stfu.jpg

frodo1511
29-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Don't care, here on the air force base, you don't pay taxes(on goods/heat/electricity) so HA!!!

Nick
29-09-2004, 08:17 AM
This is just another example of how arrogant America is becoming. So what if we don't really agree with Chirac on some subjects, we should still at least hear the guy out and let him present his idea. We should become more involved diplomatically with the rest of the world. As Americans we are so arrogant thinking that we know all and that the rest of the world is wrong.

duckula
29-09-2004, 09:00 AM
In this case I don't think it is a case of America being arrogant, more that they want to hold onto their money.

Nick
29-09-2004, 10:20 AM
If America doesn't want to spend the money that's fine. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't just automatically put down every idea other countries come up with. We should at least hear them out and then make our final decision after they've made their case.

duckula
29-09-2004, 10:43 AM
How can you possibly know that they didn't hear them out? They probably did, then told them to fuck off.

hasselbrad
29-09-2004, 12:16 PM
This is just another example of how arrogant America is becoming. So what if we don't really agree with Chirac on some subjects, we should still at least hear the guy out and let him present his idea. We should become more involved diplomatically with the rest of the world. As Americans we are so arrogant thinking that we know all and that the rest of the world is wrong.

This is just another example of how arrogant liberals are becoming. The idea that we didn't "hear the guy out" and that we should "become more involved diplomatically" is ridiculous, especially if you read the article. It's pretty obvious it's been discussed by the cabinet since our Secretary of Agriculture commented in the article.
Let me guess...you've got an "Anybody But Bush" bumper sticker, don't you?

duckula
29-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Who doesn't?

Foeni
29-09-2004, 07:03 PM

Well, not only Americans are arrogant then.. I don't think the majority of the Danes would like a world tax. And it has nothing to do with beeing arrogant or not.. As a Dane, I would like Danes, elected by the Danes, to have control with my tax money! I would never let Chirac have any kind of control of my tax money!!!

And duckula, I don't have an "Anybody But Bush" bumper sticker.

duckula
29-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Your grasp of sarcasm appears to be very strong, I'm sure that makes your parents beam with pride.

Foeni
29-09-2004, 07:13 PM
YEAH they are beaming!

Dyce_Blue
29-09-2004, 07:13 PM
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/humour/stfu.jpg

I think we all know what Ducky's desktop looks like now...

Nick
30-09-2004, 05:43 AM
You people make it sound like I'm in favore of the world tax. I never said I wanted the world tax, all I'm saying is I don't think Bush really listens to what other countries have to say. It seems to me that once he's made up his mind he's just simply made up his mind and he's not even going to consider other peoples points of view. And that is very arrogant.
As far as diplomacy goes, yes I think we need to become more active in the world in a non-militant way. Bush's diplomacy seems to consist of just bombing the hell out of everyone and establishing the U.S. as the new Imperialist power in the world.
And no I'm not an "anybody but Bush" person. I'm an "America needs total reform" person. Bush and Kerry are both arrogant in their own ways. I say screw the two party system, we need more candidates than just Bush and Kerry because they're both lying through their teeth. No matter who is elected I guarantee neither one will do what they said they will do to better this country. Politicians are all greedy, lying, bastards, you can't trust a politician as far as you can throw them.

CFC
30-09-2004, 09:39 AM
You people make it sound like I'm in favore of the world tax. I never said I wanted the world tax, all I'm saying is I don't think Bush really listens to what other countries have to say. It seems to me that once he's made up his mind he's just simply made up his mind and he's not even going to consider other peoples points of view. And that is very arrogant.
As far as diplomacy goes, yes I think we need to become more active in the world in a non-militant way. Bush's diplomacy seems to consist of just bombing the hell out of everyone and establishing the U.S. as the new Imperialist power in the world.
And no I'm not an "anybody but Bush" person. I'm an "America needs total reform" person. Bush and Kerry are both arrogant in their own ways. I say screw the two party system, we need more candidates than just Bush and Kerry because they're both lying through their teeth. No matter who is elected I guarantee neither one will do what they said they will do to better this country. Politicians are all greedy, lying, bastards, you can't trust a politician as far as you can throw them.

I bet you don't vote.

frodo1511
30-09-2004, 09:29 PM
We'll find out about it tonight on the presidential debate.

Jacoby
30-09-2004, 10:04 PM
We'll find out about it tonight on the presidential debate.

I only watch the Presidential debates for the commercials.

frodo1511
30-09-2004, 10:27 PM
I only watch the Presidential debates for the commercials.

Correct me if I'm wrong, jake, but aren't the commercials the best ones since the super bowl?! :icon_surp

hasselbrad
30-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, jake, but aren't the commercials the best ones since the super bowl?! :icon_surp

:icon_err: I think that was a joke.

frodo1511
01-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Me too.

Well, it comes on in an hour, I'll post tommorow what I thought of it.