PDA

View Full Version : keira looks different in reality

lucy
28-09-2004, 09:32 PM
i met keira recently while she was filming p and p in my village. and shes so dainty and small.
she looked every inch the movie star though! she had one hell of a strut!
when i looked at her face to face i had to think twice about whether it was her!
she looks very very young and shes very sweet.
nice to know that i was brought up in the village where the most intense parts of the new film were filmed!
she had great boots on though! considering she was wearing early nineteenth dress she had a really cool pair of yellow chelsea boots on!

GuinevereLover
28-09-2004, 10:38 PM
That must have been cool to meet her in person . :) Actually there were reports from the set of how she got friendly with some of the locals . People say the same thing about Natalie Portman being much smaller in person than she appears to be on screen.

Darn I'm so Jealous of you :) I'd love to meet Keira! I think most people here would (and the guys for a very different reason than the girls ;) )

frodo1511
28-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Exactley what I was thinking-it's one thing to see someone on a 100 foot (or 20")screen, but completely different in real-life.
...not that I would no or anything;P

Dyce_Blue
29-09-2004, 02:40 AM
How tall is jamie then, because in all of their pics, he isn't that much bigger than her...

Foeni
29-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Darn I'm so Jealous of you :) I'd love to meet Keira! I think most people here would (and the guys for a very different reason than the girls ;) )

Hehe.. Aren't you making us guys look badder than we are?? Sure she's beautiful, but her beeing sexy isn't the only reason.. I think our reason are very much alike girls' reasons (some exceptions, I know;) )

I WOULD KILL TO MEET KEIRA :icon_icon :icon_icon :icon_icon

keiracaleb
29-09-2004, 08:47 PM
lucy, you dont' happen to live in weekley do you? only thats where i got her autograph (didn't meet her she had a headach so being in the sun too much probably made it worse and it was really sunny).

Elijahfan
29-09-2004, 10:09 PM
awesome! that's so cool you got to meet her. i guess i would probably have the same reaction too (with the whole height thing) but then again any movie star would be taller than me since i am only 5 ft. hollywood really likes to choose taller people though, at least for men, i know the average height is around 6 ft. i'd stay keira is average normal height or a little shorter for the people i know, she's 5'7" i believe. back on topic, any pictures?

lucy
29-09-2004, 10:27 PM
lucy, you dont' happen to live in weekley do you? only thats where i got her autograph (didn't meet her she had a headach so being in the sun too much probably made it worse and it was really sunny).
hi there yes i do live in weekley!
look up my post in "movies-pride and prejudice" last post
it tells you about my experience at weekley!
love and hugs to ya
the alms house where they filmed used to belong to lady scott who is brother to the duke who by the way got paid 70,000 for three days filming!
i used to play in the almshouse! we went up there last week and there is a skip outside it full of film set stuff! thats where i got my column from the archway they made! got to meet the crew etc and also by a freak wind managed to obtain a copy of the filming schedule!;it blew out of the electrians lorry!

lucy
29-09-2004, 10:30 PM
awesome! that's so cool you got to meet her. i guess i would probably have the same reaction too (with the whole height thing) but then again any movie star would be taller than me since i am only 5 ft. hollywood really likes to choose taller people though, at least for men, i know the average height is around 6 ft. i'd stay keira is average normal height or a little shorter for the people i know, she's 5'7" i believe. back on topic, any pictures?
shes no way near 5'7, im 5'6 and when i met her she was only about 5ft and very slim! she had very very long hair and was full of attitude!
love her!
x

frodo1511
29-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I take it she wore high-heels when her hight was taken.

Elijahfan
29-09-2004, 10:57 PM
shes no way near 5'7, im 5'6 and when i met her she was only about 5ft and very slim! she had very very long hair and was full of attitude!
love her!
x

odd i always thought she was taller, well i mean she sorta has to be...in pictures when she's walking with jamie where she's not wearing heels that would make him really short for a model, which is not a quality in models. this is confusing me....anyone know for sure?

awesome anyway. i would love to see how she walks...totally try and copy it!

IeatDogs
30-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Noway she is 5 foot, maybe 5'5'' or 5'3''. If she's 5'0'' that other chick from BILB must be legally a midget. I also thought if she was the same height as ORlando Bloom and Johnny Depp in POTC she couldn't be 5'0'' because I don't think they make 12'' heels(plus we would have noticed them because she would have looked like a stripper).

meegaan1
30-09-2004, 04:08 AM
I envy thee!

Edward
30-09-2004, 03:41 PM
a lot of interviews said she was 5ft7...anyway

nice lucy, any pics? did you get her autograph?

Narzys
30-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Yes it's very Funny... the two biggest / greatest actresses of this time: Natalie and Keira are both very small :D.

keiracaleb
30-09-2004, 07:02 PM
hi there yes i do live in weekley!
look up my post in "movies-pride and prejudice" last post
it tells you about my experience at weekley!
love and hugs to ya
the alms house where they filmed used to belong to lady scott who is brother to the duke who by the way got paid 70,000 for three days filming!
i used to play in the almshouse! we went up there last week and there is a skip outside it full of film set stuff! thats where i got my column from the archway they made! got to meet the crew etc and also by a freak wind managed to obtain a copy of the filming schedule!;it blew out of the electrians lorry!

i can't beleave they knocked that war memorial off of that popst, i only found out when i was at weekley, i may have seen you, i was wearing a red t-shirt with a black lion on one side, i have long sandy brown hair and i was holding 2 magazine covers and there was a gold coloured grey hound and 2 children one girl and one boy where always over at it (we were looking after it) i was the girl, my brother was the boy. if you saw us, it'd be nice to tlak about what we saw in weekley, because i have yet to tlak to someone else who was in weekley on that day exept you. x

lucy
30-09-2004, 08:29 PM
we were up there on friday evening on the last day of filming. were you standing around near a lorry by the village hall.?
i was there with my hubby and two young kids we had moved on to the film set but was asked to move cos it was getting dark and they were filming inside the old almshouse?
there wasnt many of us up there was there?
im not sure if i remember you but i do remember an old golden retriever who was standing around!
love and hugs

lucy
30-09-2004, 08:32 PM
odd i always thought she was taller, well i mean she sorta has to be...in pictures when she's walking with jamie where she's not wearing heels that would make him really short for a model, which is not a quality in models. this is confusing me....anyone know for sure?

awesome anyway. i would love to see how she walks...totally try and copy it!
hi there!
i would say that she was about 5,3-4
you must understand that i was preety awe struck when she walked up to me and my little girl but she was definetely shorter than me and im 5,6 shes very very naturally preety and dainty
love and hugs

Vienne
30-09-2004, 11:16 PM
You know, this whole height issue has me quite perplexed. Honestly, I know it's quite shallow and unimportant, but I can't help myself, I'm being a bit of a Fangirl, here. In most pictures I've seen she looks fairly tall for a female, but, in a couple she does seem rather short. For example, have a look at this photo taken at the KA premiere:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/albums/candids/2004-07-15/DSC_0956.JPG

She appears to be at least three inches shorter than Ioan whom appears considerably shorter than Clive. And, judging from another photo from the same batch, her shoes have about three and a half to four inch heels.

Although, she seems very tall standing next to Orlando and Jamie, looking only slightly shorter than them... This is going to make me sound like a total jerk, but are you absolutely sure it was actually Keira Knightley?

Would a major KK expert be so kind as to help us out, here?

~Vienne

PS. Hello! I've been lurking on KKWavefront since June '03, and I've finally decided to use the keyboard.

Jacoby
30-09-2004, 11:47 PM
You know, this whole height issue has me quite perplexed. Honestly, I know it's quite shallow and unimportant, but I can't help myself, I'm being a bit of a Fangirl, here. In most pictures I've seen she looks fairly tall for a female, but, in a couple she does seem rather short. For example, have a look at this photo taken at the KA premiere:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/albums/candids/2004-07-15/DSC_0956.JPG

She appears to be at least three inches shorter than Ioan whom appears considerably shorter than Clive. And, judging from another photo from the same batch, her shoes have about three and a half to four inch heels.

Although, she seems very tall standing next to Orlando and Jamie, looking only slightly shorter than them... This is going to make me sound like a total jerk, but are you absolutely sure it was actually Keira Knightley?

Would a major KK expert be so kind as to help us out, here?

Interesting points.

PS. Hello! I've been lurking on KKWavefront since June '03, and I've finally decided to use the keyboard.
Wow, so you know all our personalities, but never posted? Scccaaarry. :P Welcome, and please post as much as possible. Become a regular. :)

On Topic: I believe she's 5'7", mainly because of BiLB. I thought she was 6 feet tall when I saw that film.

frodo1511
01-10-2004, 12:08 AM
On Topic: I believe she's 5'7", mainly because of BiLB. I thought she was 6 feet tall when I saw that film.

Now that I think of it, she was preety tall in that movie, mainly because her co-star (Parminder s/p) was kinda short. Honestly, I don't care, the closer she is to my height (5'5''), the better :D

hasselbrad
01-10-2004, 12:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Clive Owen is 6' 2". I think I read that somewhere. That would make him seven inches taller that Keira, so the difference would be pretty significant. She only looks a few inches shorter in the picture, and is wearing heels, so I think 5' 7" sounds about right.

apoggy
01-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Does it really make any difference?

hasselbrad
01-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Does it really make any difference?

Not really...but then what would we talk about?

apoggy
01-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Nipples

deviljet88
01-10-2004, 01:34 PM
If we talk about nipples, there's always that photo where her dress slipped...

hasselbrad
01-10-2004, 02:09 PM
How long would a thread about Keira's nipples stay unlocked...really?

Leonie
01-10-2004, 03:41 PM
How long do you think this topic will stay unlocked if you keep dragging it off topic?

hasselbrad
01-10-2004, 04:04 PM
How long do you think this topic will stay unlocked if you keep dragging it off topic?

I was on topic. I say 5' 7".
And, I'm sure she looks much different in person than she does on screen.

PhoeniX
01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm taller than her! When I saw her at Groombridge Place she always had to look up to me when she spoke to me.
Well only a 3 (if shes 5'7'') inches but shes the only filmstar that I've met and shes smaller that me!!!

seventhson
01-10-2004, 05:12 PM
i met keira recently while she was filming p and p in my village.

WOW! You are very blessed + fortunate to have had an experience that the majority of us in this forum will never have. I wonder what the chances of her shooting a film in a small rural town, 100 miles from nowhere, in south Texas would be...About 999Gig to 1?

Off-topic, (Sorry): I'm 6',1" tall with my cowboy boots on. They are tough to get on/off, so I only wear them when it's cold outside.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

ice crystal
01-10-2004, 06:14 PM
hey bellum... you met keira more than once at groombridge place?
when i met Keira at the KA prem she was a little bit taller than me.... me being 5'5"

Foeni
01-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Damn, Keira got a lot of height'es..

Elijahfan
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
she probably sloches, i do it and it makes me appear even shorter than 5 ft. i mean if you look at all the photos from the p and p set or some other ones she's bend a little bit.

Vienne
02-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Wow, so you know all our personalities, but never posted? Scccaaarry. :P Welcome, and please post as much as possible. Become a regular.

Thank you, Jacoby, but I find this forum rather crude and unfriendly. I use it mainly for getting information, and I do not intend to post here often.

Now I'm drifting far off topic, so I'll stop here before this post gets any longer.

~Vienne

keiracaleb
02-10-2004, 06:09 PM
we were up there on friday evening on the last day of filming. were you standing around near a lorry by the village hall.?
i was there with my hubby and two young kids we had moved on to the film set but was asked to move cos it was getting dark and they were filming inside the old almshouse?
there wasnt many of us up there was there?
im not sure if i remember you but i do remember an old golden retriever who was standing around!
love and hugs
No i was there on Wednesday, why don't we start PMing instead of posting on the forums, it takes up too much space, luv and hugs back at ya! TOODLES!

keira loves lipgloss
04-10-2004, 06:49 PM
your so lucky to have met her

lucy
04-10-2004, 10:23 PM
i suppose i do feel lucky that i met her but before i knew they were filming where i live i didnt really give her much thought.
but i suppose thats always the way, when your not a big fan you get all the luck i suppose!
when we first went up there when we knew they were using the village hall and paddock as a place where they were doing the make up and setting up stuff etc.(my daughter had her 5th birthday party in the same village hall last year) and i was amazed that they were doing all the stuff in there as there is only one toilet and it normally has no bog roll!
anyway when we got there i was looking over the wall into the paddock and saw one person in costume..i thought-that must be her.. and cos she was eating i carried on walking up the path to outside the almshouse just at the same time she was walking from the paddock to the almshouse so we kinda crossed paths so to speak.
there was another girl in costume who came out of the house and who got into a waiting darkened car.( i assume she will be playing mr collins wife in the film) when she got in the car she was laughing about something keira had done or said while filming.
but they obviously were not changing into their costumes there because they arrived and left in costume!
the guys in charge of the horses were really nice and said they had been staying in a local b and b in kettering that had a very drunk landlady!
but seeing keira in the flesh is still preety unbelievable and she had very long hair! but it was kinda depressing that when she asked my 5 year old daughter if she thought it was interesting my daughter was more bothered by the fact that they were in "her" play area! and they had covered the cricket club sign in camoflage(think thats how you spell it!)
anyway its nice to know that right next to me is a column from the archway sitting against my wall with conkers in a bowl on it picked from the conker tree next to where there were filming!
how sad am i!
oh well i could sell it on ebay!
love and hugs to ya

Glare
05-10-2004, 06:47 AM
I don't like short people.

Leonie
05-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Glare - behave? :) Remember the concept of (sort of) staying on topic? Random remarks wouldn't really fit in then, would they?

As to her height - we'll never know eh? Unless someone walks up to her and tells her to keep still till he's done measuring, it will just be speculating.

And Lucy, you sure are lucky :) The only chance I'd have to ever see her would be if they filmed a bit of Tulip Fever in Amsterdam. But I'm not sure I'd go and try to find the set... Prolly not.

aznkkfan
10-10-2004, 02:35 AM
i feel really short talking about how tall keira and clive owen are. i must look like a midget. i'm almost 5 ft! i feel sad :icon_redf

P.S. you are so lucky you live in england

Valerie
10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Wow! I envy you really!

Its great that you met her, I would love to meet her one day. *crosses fingers*

keirafan4ever
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
same here i would love 2 meet keira

PhoeniX
16-10-2004, 03:18 PM
hey bellum... you met keira more than once at groombridge place?
when i met Keira at the KA prem she was a little bit taller than me.... me being 5'5"
Yeah I went once with my sisters then my parents were at work and my little sister was being annoying so I went to my friends hpuse who lives in Groombridge. I had to walk as that was the only mode of transport that is free. Walking seven miles miles in 4 hours is a mission!

Rav - T
07-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I read in an interveiw in some american mg that Keira's actually only 5'3" so yeah but it's american so who knows if it's true or not :fencing:

Hazzle
08-11-2004, 02:45 AM
I read in an interveiw in some american mg that Keira's actually only 5'3" so yeah but it's american so who knows if it's true or not :fencing:

I'm sure that's wrong.

Liam
08-11-2004, 03:10 AM
I'm pretty sure anyone looks a bit different in real life.

Ask any of the people here who have met me if I look *exactly* the same in the pictures I've posted as I do in real life. Leonie looks different, tita* looks different, acliff looks different, duckula looks different, and Haz looks different. You would recognise them from the photographs (could have made meeting up a tad difficult if you couldn't) but they aren't exact copies of the photos.

Same with Keira, I would imagine.

Jamie
27-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Thats really cool, lucy. You're really lucky to have met her. I wish i met her :)

danidrag
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Yep same here hehe.
I'd JUMP on her (figuratively speaking :read: ) if i could have the occasion to see (or: spot :) ) her in reality.
Well what to say: LUCKY YOU!
And, actually: i'm glad she's not tall, cause i'm quite short for man's medium height (not more than 5'7'') and that could be a chance more if i'd (hopefully) meet her in a future.
And sorry for my short and senseless post: i don't usually take part to forum discussions!
:icon_spam :icon_spam :icon_spam :icon_spam :icon_spam

Jamie
02-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Eh thats great danidrag, but eh i'm afraid she's mine mate. :)

kelsen13
30-05-2005, 05:55 AM
well, i think as it goes actors look smaller in real life and athlets look like giants! i've only met one actor (Jim Bruer, of SNL and Half Baked), and he seemed a tad smaller than i imagined. i've met a lot of basketball players though, even though i'm not a fan and they've always seemed like giants. then agian, they do play basketball and i hadn't grown yet. so keira's probaly a little under 5'7", more like 5'5", judging on pictures