PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hour In Shangri La

duckula
28-09-2004, 06:54 PM
New season of T.V. for our chums in the colonies, what is everyone enjoying?

I am currently much liking:

Scrubs
Lost
Veronica Mars
Rescue Me
Jack & Bobby

Not liking so much:

Joey (too few funny bits)
Smallville (I don't care how attractive the women are, it's still not funny or clever)

edit: That 70's Show is still a fairly funny, Father of the Pride is not funny, ever.

Clinton
28-09-2004, 07:05 PM
The Apprentice is a sick show

frodo1511
28-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Scrubs(funniest doctor show ever-Zach Braff fan)
CSI: (duh, most watched show in the states)
CSI: NY(Great spin-off, and I like Gary Sinese)
Father of the Pride(Dreamworks nut, and Siegfried and Roy are hysterical in that show[the actors that do their voices])

Jacoby
28-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Father of the Pride(Dreamworks nut, and Siegfried and Roy are hysterical in that show[the actors that do their voices])

Take it back. It's probably the worst show I've ever seen. My friend calls it Father of the Canceled. I hope he's right about that.

frodo1511
28-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Take it back. It's probably the worst show I've ever seen. My friend calls it Father of the Canceled. I hope he's right about that.

No, I love John Goodman, he's the man. Besides, I have a thing for computer-generated show's, quite original. At the moment, it's doing fine, but why should I care, you hate me anyway, like this is going to chang anything.

Richard
28-09-2004, 09:02 PM
I used to like Smallville, now it sucks. Lana can't even save it.
I watched the first episode of Joey and ditched it. It just wasn't the same.

That 70's Show still kicks ass. There's always something funny about it.

Dyce_Blue
28-09-2004, 09:32 PM
how can they make a show about Siegfried and Roy's lions if their act is over?. Didn't Roy get seriously maimed by the John Goodman lion?

hasselbrad
28-09-2004, 10:04 PM
The NFL on Fox
The NFL on CBS
Sunday Night Football on ESPN
Monday Night Football on ABC
Thursday Night College Football on ESPN (brought to you by The Home Depot)
Friday Night College Football on ESPN (brought to you by The Home Depot)
The SEC Game of The Week on CBS
The SEC Game of The Week on Jefferson Pilot
and finally...
the Saturday orgy of college football on ESPN, ESPN 2, ABC & FSN

Mags
28-09-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm biding my time till Alias comes back in January.

Other than that, I'm catching Lost, because I love my J.J. Abrams, and waiting until West Wing comes back on in October.

What else am I watching? Alias on dvd...constantly. It passes for my television needs these days. Love the Alias, can't wait for January.

hasselbrad
28-09-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm biding my time till Alias comes back in January.

Other than that, I'm catching Lost, because I love my J.J. Abrams, and waiting until West Wing comes back on in October.

What else am I watching? Alias on dvd...constantly. It passes for my television needs these days. Love the Alias, can't wait for January.

I really don't understand this, but I have the hots for Jennifer Garner and yet I am unable to make time to watch Alias. I've seen a few episodes, and I liked it.
I guess I'm just too lazy to watch TV. That's pitiful.

frodo1511
28-09-2004, 11:08 PM
how can they make a show about Siegfried and Roy's lions if their act is over?. Didn't Roy get seriously maimed by the John Goodman lion?

This was WAY before their little "incident". It takes 9 months to complete an episode, so the show was in development before Roy's accident.

It was a tiger, not a lion, that screwed him over.

CFC
28-09-2004, 11:18 PM
I don't get to watch much TV on the week days because of school. I catch football(Both kinds) on the weekends and Law and Order, Ali G even though it is not new on Sunday.

Mags
28-09-2004, 11:26 PM
I really don't understand this, but I have the hots for Jennifer Garner and yet I am unable to make time to watch Alias. I've seen a few episodes, and I liked it.
I guess I'm just too lazy to watch TV. That's pitiful.

I highly recommend heading to a Blockbuster and renting the dvds for seasons 1-3, all of which are now released. If you catch all of those, you'll be all caught up in time for the new season that'll start airing in January. That's what I did...I haven't watched a single episode on television, I just watched all the dvds...and will soon own them all. Yay. It's seriously excellent, and watching them on DVD is just plain awesome.

hasselbrad
29-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I saw the boxed set in a used cd/dvd store that I frequent. I may just buy it. Probably cheaper than late fees.

frodo1511
29-09-2004, 12:08 AM
The NFL on Fox
The NFL on CBS
Sunday Night Football on ESPN
Monday Night Football on ABC
Thursday Night College Football on ESPN (brought to you by The Home Depot)
Friday Night College Football on ESPN (brought to you by The Home Depot)
The SEC Game of The Week on CBS
The SEC Game of The Week on Jefferson Pilot
and finally...
the Saturday orgy of college football on ESPN, ESPN 2, ABC & FSN

Somebody's a football whore...

I watch the first 3, 4 if the Broncos are playing

hasselbrad
29-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Somebody's a football whore...

Whatever gave you that impression?

frodo1511
29-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Whatever gave you that impression?

Hmmm, I don't know, maby all the show's listed dealt with the american version of the game?
I could be wrong... perhaps you'r fond of the commentators, hassel :icon_mod:

seventhson
29-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Crossing Jordan
CSI Miami
CSI NY
Law & Order (Special Victims Unit)
Astros baseball only for the next 4 or 5 days without a miracle...Ready for basketball season to start.
Occasional Mind-less SitCom.
Weather Channel & local news...YAWN!

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Renegade
29-09-2004, 02:36 AM
-Scrubs
-Smallville- Liked seasons 1 and 2. Skipped 3. Currently watching 4 only cus of Lana.
-Last Comic Standing- It's a funny comedy club...for FREE!
-Everwood- Life, morals, and all that other good stuff.

deviljet88
29-09-2004, 02:49 AM
I'd watch Scrubs if it was on. Rarely watch overseas shows, besides maybe the OC. Peer pressure sucks.

- Blue Heelers (something about how the plot just keeps looping over and over is intriguing)
- Chaser Decides (those guys are hilarious)
- The Simpsons (well, if the channel ever decides to broadcast new ones)

Aussie TV is pretty boring :P

mufiman
29-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Lost is looking pretty cool. that and scrubs are the only shows im going to be watching this television season. and alias in January. but thats pretty much it.