PDA

View Full Version : make the day more enjoyable in several easy steps...

acliff
26-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Employ Darren.

So this is an example of mature humour in the Sony Centre.
I come back from the 99p store (purveyor of almost out of date
canned food, reject toys, third grade garden tools) having bought
some canned salmon. I am amused at how EVERYONE working there is
Polish, as apparently the way it works, according to Olek's dad,
is that they import all the food extremely cheap from Eastern
countries, borderline legal.
On my return conversation goes as thus:

D:'Look at you coming back from the 99p store!'
M:'Isn't that where your mum works, she charges 99p...'
D:'Well my mum supervises your mum.'

A couple of hours later, D is selling a TV.
Woman customer goes: 'Imagine I'm sitting on a sofa'
and proceeds to crouch, in a rough estimation of such.
D plonks himself down on this imaginary sofa, and looks at the TV

for a little bit, turns to the woman and goes:

'Want a cup of tea? btw We really need to get a new sofa'

Genius humour. Discuss.

NearokA
26-09-2004, 03:00 PM
What's funny about an invisible couch and some fish? I don't understand the humor, Cliffy.

Please break it down for us silly Americans. :icon_lol:

Jacoby
26-09-2004, 03:02 PM
What's funny about an invisible couch and some fish? I don't understand the humor, Cliffy.

Please break it down for us silly Americans. :icon_lol:

He does not represent America.

Pretty funny guy, that Darren.

frodo1511
26-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Yup, he's got no respect for us Americans.
Funny story, but I prefer to piss off the guys at Circut City by staying for a long time, watching football, or the movie they play at that time.

Spire
26-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Apparently acliff's definition of "genius" puts it a few notches down on the intelligence scale. That story was both predictable and unfunny.

acliff
26-09-2004, 06:05 PM
So says the guy who has unofficially been voted least funny KKW member.
Genius humour doesn't have to be clever at all. In fact, it can be exceptionally dumb. You might even be able to see it coming a mile off, however, its when and how its said, and who its said by.

For example, no matter what you say, Spire, you just don't have the gift.

Elijahfan
26-09-2004, 06:08 PM
lol! wow cliff, i would have loved to walk by and see that. i would just break out laughing. what a weird lady to need to imagine sitting there....i guess i would do that too but when no ones looking at least. or just bring bean bag chairs to simiulate my tv room set up.

Spire
26-09-2004, 06:53 PM
So says the guy who has unofficially been voted least funny KKW member.
Genius humour doesn't have to be clever at all. In fact, it can be exceptionally dumb. You might even be able to see it coming a mile off, however, its when and how its said, and who its said by.

For example, no matter what you say, Spire, you just don't have the gift.

I especially like the part where I said I was funny! Oh wait, I didn't. Apparently you think you are, though, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Lil' Lady Chaz
26-09-2004, 07:41 PM
:icon_conf

bryan
26-09-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm beginning to think that these half-witted retaliations aren't worth reading.
Anyway, I thought it was funny. Did he end up selling the TV?

johnnyboy
26-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Harr, tis funny

acliff
26-09-2004, 10:42 PM
A true testament to the power of a salesman's personality, he did indeed manage to sell it. The lady walked out, purse lighter, but with a big smile on her face. Its like a friendly mugging.

NearokA
27-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Friendly mugging, now that's funny Cliffy. :icon_lol:

Btw, didn't you used to be an officer? Heh?

deviljet88
27-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Funny. Give more examples Cliff. Maybe he was just having a good day.

acliff
27-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Friendly mugging, now that's funny Cliffy. :icon_lol:

Btw, didn't you used to be an officer? Heh?

Yes, now I'm a moderator. Now that we've temporarily gone off topic, sort out your signature. Its too long. Read rules.

We'll see what Darren gets up to today, if he's working. The 10/10 sign, and the Hi sign will be out in force I imagine.

Narg
27-09-2004, 08:02 AM
*cough* not funny.

apoggy
27-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Narg, just because your puny unEnglish brain does not find the masterful Cliff funny is no testament to its true nature. For one so critical of others you have yet to make me laugh apart from at the picture you posted which was more of a pitiful cackle than anything else.

Cliff, I see the work boredom blues have struck again, its time you devised new ingenius ways to make both you and the KKWavefront members laugh.

acliff
27-09-2004, 02:48 PM
To that aim, random pictures created in the mentally disturbed confines of the Sony Connect shop will be posted later.

hasselbrad
27-09-2004, 10:21 PM
To that aim, random pictures created in the mentally disturbed confines of the Sony Connect shop will be posted later.

Are these going to be pictures created by the mentally disturbed or pictures of the mentally disturbed.
I don't want to click on something and see some guy named Darren, dressed in a diaper and dickie having "tea" with a blowup doll in a French maid outfit.

Jacoby
27-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Are these going to be pictures created by the mentally disturbed or pictures of the mentally disturbed.
I don't want to click on something and see some guy named Darren, dressed in a diaper and dickie having "tea" with a blowup doll in a French maid outfit.

Speak for yourself. Post them pics, Cliff!!!!!

acliff
27-09-2004, 10:48 PM

Fuckit, thats one picture out the running...

Edit::
A collection of random cameraphone pictures, best caption wins a prize chosen by me, which may or may not be hazardous to your mental health.

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/biff.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/hugebiff.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/calculatron.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/keepstill.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/filter.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/sarnie.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/box.jpg
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/work/smile.jpg

frodo1511
27-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Jeez, cliff, the calculator joke got old back in the 7th grade. Everything else is quite funny.

Narg
28-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Narg, just because your puny unEnglish brain does not find the masterful Cliff funny is no testament to its true nature. For one so critical of others you have yet to make me laugh apart from at the picture you posted which was more of a pitiful cackle than anything else.

Sorry, i missed the part were i tried to make you laugh and claimed to be funny. Not my type of humour. It wasnt funny for me.

acliff
28-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Jeez, cliff, the calculator joke got old back in the 7th grade. Everything else is quite funny.

Its not what the calculatron says, its how incredibly oversized it is.

Spire
28-09-2004, 12:20 AM
And I thought my job got boring...

frodo1511
28-09-2004, 12:52 AM

Perhaps it's both, preteen joke mixed with oversized calculator. It's genious.

Leonie
28-09-2004, 06:13 AM
Lol - I love the munt filter :icon_lol: So just *how* bored were you? :icon_razz

deviljet88
28-09-2004, 09:22 AM
That's... interesting. Didn't get half of them, but hey, its funny... because you seem bored.

hasselbrad
28-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Sorry to have ruined the fun.
I find it deliciously ironic that the I.D. card says "Adult".
And yes, that is the biggest fucking calculator on the planet. I thought the point was to make things smaller. Is that for the employee with 20/400 vision?

apoggy
28-09-2004, 03:02 PM

I believe you have used a midget hand to fool us, and the record books into thinking it is the worlds largest calculator. Shame on you Cliff.