PDA

View Full Version : Uninvention - Part I

Liam
18-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Right, thought this may be interesting. We've had countless threads on what you *do* like - this one is about shit that you hate.

Thought we might start with this question: If you could uninvent any 3 bands or musicians and prevent them making music ever, which bands/musicians would they be?

For me:
1. The Thrills - 'ooh' this, you whiny twat. If I could workshop my foot up that singer's arse, I would. Twice. No, you just cant stop it. Ooh.
2. Natasha Bedingfield - I prefer these words: Fucking Pathetic.

I'm leaving slot 3 open until I hear another song that shits me no end.

Narg
18-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Backstreet Boys
5IVE
Nsync.

Hate all those toss pot - Boy "bands", fuck bands, they couldnt play an instrument if their life depended on it. They just prance around like homosexuals on crack-cocaine, and sing about shit that dosnt matter. Oh, they dress like complete and utter faggots also.

marry rich people
18-09-2004, 04:20 PM
1. Yellowcard- stupid fake emo punk pop shit that all sounds the same and nobody seems to notice that there are hundreds of bands out there that sound exactly like them and all have the same horrible lyrics.

2. Ludacris- He gives real rap (i.e. stuff you don't hear on the radio) a horrible name. Curse him.

3. McFly- I was in a drummer's forum and someone said "oh here's a cool English punk band". Since English music is usually pretty good I listened to some of their songs and they were like a punk with music written by care bears. It was pure torture.

frodo1511
18-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Basically what Narg said: without those three "bands" the world would've been a better place, one without screaming teenage girls.

...At least, until Orlando got into show business...

gracie
18-09-2004, 05:21 PM
eminen, taking back sunday, need to ponder more sooo many bands rushing to mind

Ardnax
18-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Westlife- the worst band ever
Hanson- do I have to say why?
I can't come up with a third.

nina
18-09-2004, 05:34 PM
the streets
blazin squad
busted
all a pile of crap

Richard
18-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Hilary Duff
Ashlee Simpson
And just about every "recent" rapper.

Who the hell said Hanson? Good talent I say.

Jacoby
18-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Maroon 5. Frodo, this isn't a dig at you, I just really hate Maroon 5.

Yellowcard. What a bunch of fuck-ups. I hate emo-pop or whatever you'd like to call it. Marry rich people knows where it's at.

I don't hate Muse, I'm just not really impressed by them. *shrugs*...that doesn't really count though.

The third on my list would have to be Britney. She can't sing and she looks like a slort, therefore I hate her. Hopefully she's done making music and she can move on to her one true talent: film.

frodo1511
18-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Maroon 5. Frodo, this isn't a dig at you, I just really hate Maroon 5.

Yellowcard. What a bunch of fuck-ups. I hate emo-pop or whatever you'd like to call it. Marry rich people knows where it's at.

I don't hate Muse, I'm just not really impressed by them. *shrugs*...that doesn't really count though.

The third on my list would have to be Britney. She can't sing and she looks like a slort, therefore I hate her. Hopefully she's done making music and she can move on to her one true talent: film.

None taken, jacoby. Everybody has their own opinions, but I agree with your choice for Yellowcard and Britney, both can't sing if their life depended on it(Only thing yellowcard has going for them is the green violen.)

duckula
18-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Muse - shutup with your whining.

Muse - You come from Devon, go back.

Muse - I don't like your name, faces, music, album covers or wanky fans.

Leonie
18-09-2004, 08:35 PM
:icon_lol:

Why isn't this surprising at all?

What a shame I can't do the same to you. Saying that Oasis and Radiohead are crap would be total and utter blasphemy, much like your post really. :icon_razz

CFC
18-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Back Street Boys/NSYNC
Good Charlotte
and
Usher because the damn radio station that we have to play at work plays his songs every five minutes.

duckula
18-09-2004, 09:44 PM
:icon_lol:

Why isn't this surprising at all?

What a shame I can't do the same to you. Saying that Oasis and Radiohead are crap would be total and utter blasphemy, much like your post really. :icon_razz

Don't hate me, hate the truth.

P.S. Muse suck.

Leonie
18-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh but I don't hate you Ducky, I find you & your hate for one of the best bands ever highly amusing. By all means keep it up, you'll realise how wrong you are at some point :icon_razz

The Black Rider
18-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Insane Clown Posse
Good Charlotte
Merzbow

Embarrassments to music, the lot of them.

EDIT: Actually, Merzbow's doesn't really count, since it technically isn't music, but he's still appalling.

duckula
18-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh but I don't hate you Ducky, I find you & your hate for one of the best bands ever highly amusing. By all means keep it up, you'll realise how wrong you are at some point :icon_razz

I'm not wrong. You wong, you soooooooooooooooooo wong. You Princess Wong of WongWongWongland. :icon_razz

mufiman
18-09-2004, 10:20 PM
maroon 5
modest mouse
yellowcard
hoobastank
usher
good charlotte
limpbizkit

and linkin park. all of their songs sound the same and the "Rapper" in the band just sucks. i hate all of them.

Leonie
18-09-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm not wrong. You wong, you soooooooooooooooooo wong. You Princess Wong of WongWongWongland. :icon_razz

Oooh - I like it. I think I may have found a new MSN name. If only I were wong... :D

As for terrible 'music' and 'bands':

- Jessica Simpson (dumber)
- Busted (look at us being cool punk dudes) On second thought, same goes for Good Charlotte.
- Westlife (geese)

Jacoby
18-09-2004, 11:20 PM
modest mouse

OMGWTF ejrhsngf Seriously?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!/11?1?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?11/!?

Jasper
19-09-2004, 12:55 AM
taking back sunday
2. Dave Matthews Band
3. Every MTV band.

Spire
19-09-2004, 01:02 AM
1. All rappers
2. All modern pop "artists"
3. All those American Idol winners.

mufiman
19-09-2004, 01:03 AM
OMGWTF ejrhsngf Seriously?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!/11?1?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?11/!?

seriously. theyre so overplayed already. they play "float on" on FOX and CBS football games. and right before the commercials, they always play it. im so sick of them and their lead singer. i just really hate that song.
anyway, i also hate these guys:

simple plan
switchfoot
ryan cabrera

Ashlyn
19-09-2004, 01:08 AM
in any order:
*Mercury 4
*The Hilltop Hoods
*Eminem

Jacoby
19-09-2004, 01:34 AM
seriously. theyre so overplayed already. they play "float on" on FOX and CBS football games. and right before the commercials, they always play it. im so sick of them and their lead singer. i just really hate that song.

haha, overplayed. They've been around since like 1993, and they're just now getting air-play wth the most annoying song. They have good songs, I promise.

Dyce_Blue
19-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Whoever put Ludacris on this list should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch Resident Evil: Apocalypse (gasp...) TWICE. He was never considered a "rapper". Haven't you ever heard of hiphop? And by real rap, I assume you mean groups like Arrested Development who are too busy trying to get rich off of lawsuits to make music.

My List:
1. Jadakiss - A song made up of nothing but simple children's questions is his lone hit, ever. He needs a library more than a record deal. I actually wasted money on his second CD :(.

2. Eddie Murphy - Don't Believe me? Look it up.

3. Da' Band - How did these people "Make the Band"? The only one with any talent is my namesake, Dylan. Even though he pronounces it Deelon.

hasselbrad
19-09-2004, 04:12 PM
N.W.A. - The first mainstream gangsta' rap. Fucking ruined the medium. Rap went from intelligent, with well thought out rhyme schemes, to a monosyllabic mess of mysogyny and thuggery. Record companies figured out they could pull three black guys off the street, dress 'em in Raiders gear and make 10 million dollars in a week. Groups like Public Enemy...not exactly soft...got pushed off the airwaves to make room for idiotic rants about guns and hoes. The downward spiral has left us with the equivilent of late 1970's disco. A producer driven genre, generic drum machine beats and mind numbing, IQ leaching drivel...i.e. Little John. I'm not saying that N.W.A. was bad, they were a true glimpse into a life I'm not sure many of us knew existed, I'm just trying to "nip it in the bud".

Tool - I 'm not really certain of this, but these guys were the first mainstream example that I can remember. I remember their first song and video. It was catchy, dark and angry. And, it opened the floodgates of dark, angry music that sounded like the same fucking song over and over. And over and over and over and over. Can't really play instruments? Great, put on some eyeliner, dye your hair with Kool-Aid and join the revolution. Angry white kids from the suburbs who can't tune a guitar, let alone play one jamming up the airwaves, complaining that their mothers' should have had abortions. I agree. I watched some shit on Hard Rock Live the other night, and kids, if this is what passes for "live" music nowadays, I feel sorry for you. It sounded like some 14 year olds first "rehearsal". I trust there are bands playing good, live music, but these guys sure weren't.

New Kids on the Block - I don't think I really need to explain this one.

The Black Rider
19-09-2004, 04:33 PM
2. Eddie Murphy - Don't Believe me? Look it up.

Hey, that song is hilarious. And it was penned by the dearly departed Rick James.

Tool is extremely overrated and pretentious. My friend loves them but, to me, they're just annoyed.

marry rich people
19-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Forgive me, Dyce, for calling Ludacris a rapper and not a hip-hop artist. I guess I'll say now that Ludacris gives real hip-hop a bad name. And I totally agree with the Tool idea. All dark angry bands sound mostly the same (Nickleback, Staind, Three Doors Down) and should be sent to a remote island where they can all play their dark, angry music together and not make us put up with it.

Leonie
19-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Nooo! Not 3 Doors Down & Nickelback?! I mean, they're certainly not the best bands ever, but 3 Doors Down in particular - niiiice for those days when you know the world hates you.

I have another 'group' that I'd like to add to my list of utter dispicability: The Cheeky Girls. :icon_eek: No really.

Narg
20-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Tool
one.

Tool, what the fuck, you have got to be kidding me, their awesome, and dont diss heavy metal, it kicks ass. You say they have no talent.. you try to move around that much, whilst playing a guitar THAT quick. Not to mention the speed of the drummer.

Jacoby
20-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Tool, what the fuck, you have got to be kidding me, their awesome, and dont diss heavy metal, it kicks ass. You say they have no talent.. you try to move around that much, whilst playing a guitar THAT quick. Not to mention the speed of the drummer.

You like the music because they can move around and play a guitar fast? That's weird.

Tool is a good band, though, I must say. Maynard's a fucking weirdo, but he's a genius (in his field of work.) I don't listen to them, or like them...but they're good. NIN too...they write some good lyrics..I just don't like the music.

johnnyboy
20-09-2004, 01:47 AM
2. Dave Matthews Band

You suck, and you are wrong

1.Eddie Murphy's singing career, highlighted by 'My Girl Likes To Party All The Time" and some other one about stuffing things in a girls butt, weird.

2.Rap

3.Yellowcard

Spire
20-09-2004, 02:28 AM
I listen to musid for the *gasp* music, not the lyrics. In fact, I prefer instrumental songs to those with lyrics. Most lyrics are about love or some shit, I don't want to hear about that. And I really don't want to hear about how sad you are, or how much you love this girl you can't have, or some dopey emotional garbage. I don't need some lame-ass song to tell me how I feel, I just want something to jam to.

deviljet88
20-09-2004, 03:38 AM
1. Everyone and everything that came out of Popstars besides Miranda Murphy
2. Everything that came out of Idol. No exceptions.
3. J-Wess and the rest of his gay Australian homies can go eat crap.

hasselbrad
20-09-2004, 12:30 PM

Heavy metal? Tool is not a band I would consider heavy metal. Metallica is heavy metal. Angus Young does a pretty good job of moving around and playing guitar...he just does it better. ;)

Liam
20-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I'd call tool progressive metal. Metal is a very broad genre. Metallica is more thrash metal, at least their earlier, better material. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth are often called the 80's thrash vanguard. Its a bit of a pity that of the 4, only Slayer continued to make good albums after 1992.

But I agree, Angus Young is a champ.

And my third uninvention? I can't decide between the Black Eyed Peas and the Shapeshifters. Both pathetic.

deviljet88
20-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Black Eyed Peas. I only heard of Shapeshifters when I found their song in my mp3list just then.

gracie
20-09-2004, 01:38 PM
back nickleback, a perfect circle, three doors down- any of that modern music with a country grundgey sound. cant stand it

hasselbrad
20-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I'd call tool progressive metal. Metal is a very broad genre. Metallica is more thrash metal, at least their earlier, better material. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth are often called the 80's thrash vanguard. Its a bit of a pity that of the 4, only Slayer continued to make good albums after 1992.

But I agree, Angus Young is a champ.

And my third uninvention? I can't decide between the Black Eyed Peas and the Shapeshifters. Both pathetic.

The only thing the Black Eyed Peas have going for them is Fergie's belly.

I'm really getting sick of all these bands whose lead singer is obviously contorting his voice to sound like 1970's English punk bands. Or, at least I guess that's what their doing. I don't know, and I really don't care, but it's as annoying as all the early to mid 90's singers who tried to sound like Dave Matthews.

And yes, Angus is the fucking champ.
Are there any really good guitar players in any of these new bands? Seriously...give me some names so I can give them a listen.

Jasper
20-09-2004, 06:01 PM
You suck, and you are wrong
How am I wrong in wishing that they didn't exist? It's a matter of opinion, therefore... there is no possible way that I am wrong.

johnnyboy
20-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Fair enough, fair enough.

Care to explain this POV?

Nick
21-09-2004, 07:49 AM
I would uninvent the Backstreet boys, Nsync, and the Spice Girls. Don't get me wrong the Spice Girls were good looking but the fact remains that their music sucked.

Richard
21-09-2004, 09:09 PM
and the Spice Girls. Don't get me wrong the Spice Girls were good looking but the fact remains that their music sucked.

You're lucky Kelsey's no longer around to read that.

duckula
21-09-2004, 10:00 PM
She left for numerous reasons. Back on topic please.

johnnyboy
21-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, curious...

Let's see, ah yes, Marilyn Manson, die biatch

Dyce_Blue
21-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, curious...

That's a good one. I can't believe I didn't think of it.

By the way, can we uninvent the entire Simpson/Lachey family?

hasselbrad
21-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Hmmm, curious...

Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner. That is one untalented motherfucker.

Jasper
21-09-2004, 11:58 PM
That's a good one. I can't believe I didn't think of it.

By the way, can we uninvent the entire Simpson/Lachey family?

Fuck no. Jessica Simpson is a fine piece of ass.

hasselbrad
22-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Fuck no. Jessica Simpson is a fine piece of ass.

Yeah...but then she opens her mouth. I swear to God...you lose IQ points listening to her. I've killed less brain cells with nitrous.

johnnyboy
22-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah...but then she opens her mouth. I swear to God...you lose IQ points listening to her. I've killed less brain cells with nitrous.

Nitrous doesn't kill brain cells, it puts them on offline for a while :)

Louie
22-09-2004, 01:51 AM
NSYNC = Fruity.

Lil Jon = Disgrace to rap.

Slipknot = Hurts my ears.

Dyce_Blue
22-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Lil Jon = Disgrace to rap.

How can he be a disgrace to rap if he has produced the beats to the last year full of #1 songs?

Lil' Jon's songs:
Yeah - Usher
Freek a Leek -Petey Pablo
Goodies - Ciara
No Problem - Lil' Scrappy
Whats Happenin' - Yin Yang Twins
Damn - Youngbloodz

and countless more...

Louie
22-09-2004, 02:08 AM
I don't know, but I don't like him. His beats are OK, but all he ever says in songs is "YEAH", "OKAY", "WHAT". What the hell is he talking about?

Dyce_Blue
22-09-2004, 02:13 AM
yeah.
adv. Informal
Yes.

OK or o┬Ěkay
1.) n. Informal
Approval; agreement.
2.) adj : being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition

what!
interj.
Used to express surprise, incredulity, or other strong and sudden excitement.

johnnyboy
22-09-2004, 03:00 AM
Thank you Mr. Dictionary, Lil Jon's lyrics suck, and hes ugly

deviljet88
22-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Excellent reasoning there by johnnyboy. Lil Jon's not a disgrace to rap, but he should just develop beats, not attempt to rap himself, because he sucks at it. Then again, I hate all rap.

apoggy
22-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I'd uninvent any three lyrically genius bands, then sell their songs as my own and become a millionaire.

hasselbrad
22-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I'd uninvent any three lyrically genius bands, then sell their songs as my own and become a millionaire.

You should change your avatar to Anna Nicole Simth...you money grubbing whore! ;)
Of course, I've thought about the exact same thing in regard to a time-machine. Sad, isn't it?

Ashlyn
23-09-2004, 10:03 AM
i forgot Mariah Carey. number one on the list for sure. whenever i hear her whining i get a headache.

peach
23-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Natasha Beddingfield
Marilyn Manson
The siccors sisters

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Natasha Beddingfield
Marilyn Manson
The siccors sisters

I don't know who the first one is, but I wholeheartedly agree with the second two. Marilyn Manson is a freak show...nothing more.

peach
23-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Do you know who daniel Beddigfield is? Well it's his sister they're originally from New Zeeland. Her first single where "Singel". The second These Words.

hasselbrad
24-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I've heard (or, more likely, read) the name, but I don't have the foggiest idea who they are. I'll agree to uninvent them on principal since I agree with you other two choices. ;)

peach
24-09-2004, 09:27 PM
hasselbrad what do you listen too?

hasselbrad
24-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Got an hour? ;)
Right now in my car's CD player, I have a Best of Cream CD. It is a studio compilation. In the front seat, floorboard and just generally scattered about the interior of my car are...
Cream...BBC Recordings (a live compilation recorded in the BBC studios)
Beastie Boys...Paul's Boutique and a compilation set, the name of which escapes me at the moment.
Violent Femmes...Violent Femmes, Why Do Birds Sing?, Hallowed Ground and a compilation of studio and live recordings.
The Cardigans...First Band on the Moon (I'm in lust with the lead singer)
Jethro Tull...Original Masters
Ben Kweller...On My Way KKWer Jacoby recommended it...and I love it.
The Beatles...Sgt Pepper's
and a Ramones compilation disc.
I listen to a lot of different things, though.
I had around $5000 worth of CDs stolen out of my apartment when we were living in Atlanta. Some of it was irreplacable...like CDs from bands called 50 Pound Head and Kilgore Trout. These were bands that I had friends in. Awesome music, gone forever. :(
In that collection were CD's from The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels Band, Dave Matthews Band, The Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, James Brown (the "Startime" boxed set), Crosby Stills and Nash, Run DMC, other Cream, other Violent Femmes, other Beastie Boys, various old school rap (pre 1990's), Nirvana, Screaming Trees, Foo Fighters, Portishead, Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins...shit, just too much. All gone, and sadly, probably sold for $50 to buy crack.
I listen to classic rock, 1980's and early 90s rap, old funk/early disco, oldies.
I love Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin and Harry Connick Jr.
I'm trying to get into newer rock. I listen to stuff that gets suggested on here. The folks your age have some pretty good taste in music. Jacoby, Spire, Gracie and others who I'll probably offend by not mentioning have mentioned some really kick-ass stuff, that doesn't get any airtime on Tampa's "new rock" station.

peach
24-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your CD's. I can't say I'm listening at same music as you that would be a lie. I'm listening to too amny to mention, want to know go to topic: Which celebrities besides Kiera you like or something like that can't find it. That's some. Lately I've benn listening to Brandy's Afrodisiac, Sugababes Caught in a moment it's just the single and Duncan from Blue's single I believe my heart wich he sings with somone called Keedie. I love the last two i mentioned.
Here they are by the way:
http://sugababes.neostrada.pl/Sugababes.Fan.pl_-Caught_In_A_Moment_(Live_at_TOTP_Saturday_21-08-04).MPG (http://)
http://www.bluefan.net/dl/download.php?file=12 (http://)

hasselbrad
24-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Uh oh...we better get this back on topic. The Mods are going to rap us on the knuckles.

I'd uninvent Fred Durst. And Marilyn Manson.

peach
24-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Me too, and courtny love

hasselbrad
24-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Me too, and courtny love

Oh man...I can't believe I didn't think of her. She is a black hole of talent. She took Kurt Cobain away. :mad:

Ashlyn
25-09-2004, 01:32 AM
I will uninvent Kasey Chambers at the first chance I get.

johnnyboy
28-09-2004, 01:42 AM
hmmm...the dixie chicks and that guy who talks about drinking beer with his horses and shoving the US's boot up someones ass, Toby Keith i believe

Jacoby
28-09-2004, 01:46 AM
hmmm...the dixie chicks and that guy who talks about drinking beer with his horses and shoving the US's boot up someones ass, Toby Keith i believe

God Bless you, JohnnyBoy

Kiss. I hate them.

marry rich people
07-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Blink 182 needs to go also. They used to be unique but now they're just emo guys with annoying voices.

johnnyboy
08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Motley Crue