PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft America

keira_lover
17-09-2004, 01:27 AM
http://www.bushflash.com/gta.html

Just goes to show you how completely fucked up America is becoming with Bush in office. It's time to take his ass out, literally. I'm thinking a .45 to the back of the head, but since I'll never get the chance, get out there on November 2nd and vote. Together we can bring this beast down.

Jacoby
17-09-2004, 01:33 AM

Just goes to show you how completely fucked up America is becoming with Bush in office. It's time to take his ass out, literally. I'm thinking a .45 to the back of the head, but since I'll never get the chance, get out there on November 2nd and vote. Together we can bring this beast down.

Bush is more qualified than Kerry. I'd vote for Bush, if I were 18. Kerry is an idiot, last year he supported the war on Iraq. He changed his opinion to get into office with an "anti-Bush" vote. I don't love Bush, but I seem to agree with him (except for his views on gay marriage and the death penalty.)

Dyce_Blue
17-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Lies...

Where is the proof? Just because someone made a FLASH doesn't make it true...

I could make a FLASH that says John Kerry sticks ketchup in his crack and jacks off into the Heinz Mayo jars, but I won't.

Frankly, it is a little disturbing...

CFC
17-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Ahhh liberal propaganda at its best.

keira_lover
17-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Bush is more qualified than Kerry. I'd vote for Bush, if I were 18. Kerry is an idiot, last year he supported the war on Iraq. He changed his opinion to get into office with an "anti-Bush" vote. I don't love Bush, but I seem to agree with him (except for his views on gay marriage and the death penalty.)

Here's what your "golden boy" is doing for America:

There are currently 1.1 million fewer jobs than in January 2001, placing Bush on track to be the first president since the Great Depression to end his term with a net job loss.

Inflation-adjusted median household income has fallen by $1,535, or 3. 4 percent, during the past three years to $43,318, according to Census figures released last week.

Average hourly earnings rose by 1.9 percent during the past 12 months, according to the Labor Department. Consumer prices, however, have climbed by about 3 percent.

Home ownership is up thanks mainly to low interest rates. But easy credit has also led to record consumer debt ($2.038 trillion) and record personal bankruptcy filings (1.7 million in 2003).

The number of Americans living in poverty increased by 1.3 million last year, according to Census figures. The rate of child poverty climbed to 17.6 percent, while nearly a quarter of all African Americans are now below the poverty line.

Earnings by women declined last year for the first time since 1995, falling 0.6 percent to an average $30,724 annually. Women now earn 76 cents for every dollar earned by men, a penny less than in 2002.

The number of Americans lacking health insurance increased to a record 45 million last year from 43.6 million in 2002.

The White House is projecting a record budget deficit this year of $445 billion. When Bush took office, the federal budget had been balanced for three straight years and was running a surplus of $236 billion - the largest in U.S. history.

This is just the tip of the iceburg, I have plenty more if you want to tango.

And for the record: I never said Kerry wasn't an idiot, if there was a third party running, I'd probably vote for their candidate, but since there isn't it basically comes down to voting for the lesser of two evils. Bush had a chance to do things right and he failed miserably (just look at the statistics), I think it's time we see what Kerry can do.

CFC
17-09-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm just as good if not better off then I was four years ago. I think i'll keep Dubya.

Dyce_Blue
17-09-2004, 02:13 AM
There are currently 1.1 million fewer jobs than in January 2001, placing Bush on track to be the first president since the Great Depression to end his term with a net job loss.

Bush isn't completely to blame for the loss of jobs. You are completely forgetting about the collapses in the internet, telecommunications, and energy industries. These were no more Bush's fault than mine. Telecommunications were a booming industry, but mergers started occuring and jobs were (gasp!) lost. Case in point: PrimeCo was the #1 cell phone company in 1999...

Enron is a great example of the collapse in the energy industry. I experienced this one firsthand. Around 45,000 workers lost their jobs with Enron or firms dealing with Enron. That is like 1/22th of your figure right there, and it happened suddenly (in my hometown). Bush had nothing to do with it...

If memory serves me correctly, Ford also closed down a few plants, leaving thousands without jobs.

Speaking of jobs, John Kerry wants to completely shut down the coal mining industry for good. Do you know how many jobs and towns will disappear when this happens?

if there was a third party running, I'd probably vote for their candidate

To quote The Simpsons:

"Go ahead, throw your vote away."

Spire
17-09-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry, keira_lover, that you've fallen to all the liberal bullshit media. You really are that gullible, it seems...

CFC
17-09-2004, 02:19 AM
There is a third part running. You could vote for Nader, but like Dyce said, that is just throwing your vote away. :)

ryan
17-09-2004, 02:32 AM
give me a break.
you can post pluses and negatives about both candidates til the fucking cows come home.
what matters is what their plan is, what they've done in the past, and whats in my best interests as a citizen of legal voting age.

bush is getting my vote.

AureaMediocritas
17-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Cool ... Georgie will rock again.
Me likes blood ; some new exciting wars against evil countries still to come.
Casualties + "collateral damage" guaranteed.
:icon_popc

deviljet88
17-09-2004, 08:55 AM
That flash was so similiar to the beginning of Fahrenheit 911 besides the mention of that woman. As I said in another thread, its pointless to attempt to claim a conspiracy against the government. And anyway, if that flash was true, you needn't vote Keira_lover.

Nick
17-09-2004, 09:28 AM
My main reason for hating Bush is the War in Iraq. It never should have happened, it's all bullshit. They still haven't found any weapons of mass destruction and yet they're putting our soldiers lives on the line for absolutely nothing. There's nothing left in Iraq to fight for except the oil of course, which was the real reason we went to war and everyone knows it. Bush is greedy, all he cares about is his damn oil, he doesn't give a shit about all the men and women over in Iraq who are fighting and dying every day. The other thing is that Bush keeps talking about building up military and having better homeland security and yet 2/3rds of our military are over seas right now. They're not just in Iraq either, we still have troops in Afghanistan and we have troops in Korea as well. So how can we have better homeland security if all our troops are halfway around the world. What if in the unlikely event we were attacked right now? We don't have enough troops here in the states to provide any sort of protection against an attack. So his whole "build up our military" campaign is bullshit. Open your eyes America, George W. Bush is a fraud.
However I really don't think much of Kerry either, he seems to be on a bit of an ego trip. He bases his whole campaign on the medals he won in Nam. That just seems arrogant to me. To be honest I think we need to just take all our major govenment officials out and replace them because we obviously have a bunch of idiots running our country, even the CIA director is an idiot. Whatever happened to Central Intelligence Agency.

EmotionSickness
17-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh, boy. I knew it was only a matter of time before we got a "Bush is the devil incarnate" thread. With all the dissenting opinions here, in this vast melting pot of cultures, I'm very surprised it hasn't happened already (or has it? I usually try to steer clear of political arguments via the Internet). Anyway, this isn't really even worth my time, but I'm going to make it so ... for now. We could argue Bush vs. Kerry, Republicans vs. Democrats, Good vs. Evil 'til we're blue in the face, but I've found, from quite a bit of personal experience, that it gets you nothing but angry, bitter people. But don't let that stop you, kids. I'm actually kind of curious to see how the topic at hand pans out -- all the "facts/data"-slinging and petty insults that will surely be thrown around the room. Could be interesting!

Moe
17-09-2004, 11:52 AM
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush. I'm not judging, just wanted to point that out.

duckula
17-09-2004, 12:29 PM
A vote for Nader is a vote for Nader. Death to two party politics.

hasselbrad
17-09-2004, 12:33 PM
One of John Kerry's favorite activities is windsurfing...which I find to be very apropos. The way the wind is blowing affects everything the man does.
Also, did you know that John Kerry spends $1000 to get this haircut? Not $1000 per year...$1000 per haircut. Boy, now there's a guy who's really in touch with the common man. I find it deliciously ironic that his core constituency makes less in a year than he spends on his hair.

Now, on to this whole "Bush is evil" nonsense.
This is a product of the absolute partisan political landscape that has evolved in this country over the last decade or so. Everybody seems to be pushing to get as far left and as far right as humanly possible, or so it seems. This is mainly due to the fact that the most shrill, partisan voices are heard. Michael Moore, Ann Coulter, Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh seem to pass as genuine political dialogue, when in reality they are nothing more than children fighting in the back seat of the car.
The economy seems to be a hot button issue with the left, and judging from the statistics you've posted, I'll go ahead and assume you blame Bush for all of it.
First of all, credit card debt was out of hand throughout the 1990's. And, the credit card industry wasn't nearly as regulated as it is now. They used to send credit cards...in the mail...that all you had to do was call the phone number and activate! Predatory lending has been a problem for decades...George W. Bush hardly invented it.
Job losses...DyceBlue hit that one out of the fucking park, but I'll add a little something else to the mix. The internet industry and the go-go venture capitalist. Bill Clinton gets credit for all of these jobs he created in the 1990's which were nothing more that a mirage. In the mid-1990's, all you needed to do was say dot-com, and a venture capitalist would throw millions of dollars at you. Money was spent on extravagant "headquarters", everyone got a $900 chair to sit in, everyone's computer was the fastest thing available and everyone got to work out in the lavish company gym. Oh, times were good. That is, until the venture capitalist came around looking for the return on their investment...and found out that these dot-coms were nowhere near as good at turning a profit as they were at spending venture capital.
This collapse led to the current recession...which in case you weren't paying attention that far back, actually began in the late 1990's...under the watch of one William Jefferson Clinton...while he was probably getting a blowjob. :err:

hasselbrad
17-09-2004, 12:37 PM
A vote for Nader is a vote for Nader. Death to two party politics.

I'm a registered Libertarian. I agree with the second part of your statement with every fiber of my being.

Richard
17-09-2004, 07:16 PM
It's time to take his ass out, literally. I'm thinking a .45 to the back of the head, but since I'll never get the chance, get out there on November 2nd and vote. Together we can bring this beast down.

You can serve serious jail-time for saying that. :)

Of course, it's not like the FBI are monitoring this site, right?

duckula
17-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh yes we are.

Jacoby
17-09-2004, 08:18 PM
You can serve serious jail-time for saying that. :)

Of course, it's not like the FBI are monitoring this site, right?

There's this kid in my grade that had someone put in jail for jokingly saying he was going to kill the president. The kids sitting in jail right now, actually.

The Black Rider
17-09-2004, 09:15 PM
My main reason for hating Bush is the War in Iraq. It never should have happened, it's all bullshit. They still haven't found any weapons of mass destruction and yet they're putting our soldiers lives on the line for absolutely nothing. There's nothing left in Iraq to fight for except the oil of course, which was the real reason we went to war and everyone knows it. Bush is greedy, all he cares about is his damn oil, he doesn't give a shit about all the men and women over in Iraq who are fighting and dying every day. The other thing is that Bush keeps talking about building up military and having better homeland security and yet 2/3rds of our military are over seas right now. They're not just in Iraq either, we still have troops in Afghanistan and we have troops in Korea as well. So how can we have better homeland security if all our troops are halfway around the world. What if in the unlikely event we were attacked right now? We don't have enough troops here in the states to provide any sort of protection against an attack. So his whole "build up our military" campaign is bullshit. Open your eyes America, George W. Bush is a fraud.
However I really don't think much of Kerry either, he seems to be on a bit of an ego trip. He bases his whole campaign on the medals he won in Nam. That just seems arrogant to me. To be honest I think we need to just take all our major govenment officials out and replace them because we obviously have a bunch of idiots running our country, even the CIA director is an idiot. Whatever happened to Central Intelligence Agency.

You people really need to abandon this whole "Bush lied" theory. The fact is that the CIA, MI6, and Vladimir Putin's intelligence all thought that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. Even Clinton thought he had them. Now, everyone knows that the war was a big screw-up, but the 9/11 Commission Report clearly states this fact.

Bush hasn't been a great President IMHO, but I don't see what makes Kerry so much better. I'm not going to just jump on the "Anybody But Bush" bandwagon because that's a totally ignorant thing to say. Anyone? Does that include Moammar Ghadaffi? Or how about Osama bin Laden?

I'd support Kerry if he could make up his mind on what kind of candidate he's going to run as. As Dick Morris said, he's constantly going from hawk to dove, mainly because the Democrats are split on the issues themselves. Also, his Vietnam testimonies in the early 70s make me very uneasy. I think the whole thing about his Vietnam service is stupid (as well as Bush's Vietnam service), but he testified that U.S. soldiers were committing all these war crimes and his testimony was proven to be totally false. Now, Kerry could have cleared this up over a year ago and the Swift Boat Vets would've never emerged, but he didn't. I just flat-out don't trust him.

Again, I'm not really a Bush supporter either, but Kerry hasn't yet shown me what he's going to do better. But I think all this mud-slinging and propaganda is immature and juvenile, and really targeted towards closed-minded babies.

hasselbrad
17-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Black Rider,
Very refreshing post. I'm glad to hear there are so many young people who are paying attention to facts on both sides, rather than just the propaganda. I have hope for this country after all. :)

Jasper
17-09-2004, 11:33 PM
But... but... but... MTV says that Kerry is so great. I don't know who to believe!!!!!!

Jacoby
18-09-2004, 01:04 AM
But... but... but... MTV says that Kerry is so great. I don't know who to believe!!!!!!

Seriously, the only thing Kerry has going for him is Natalie Portman's support. Other than that he's a saggy-skinned silly man.

The Black Rider
18-09-2004, 01:11 AM
And she had to diss Bill O'Reilly in the process. That made me mad. I don't care what you think about Bush or Kerry, but leave O'Reilly alone. He's the man.

Anyway, I think Bush is going to win regardless of what's going on today. With every obstacle thrown his way -- Abu Ghraib, Vietnam, Fahrenheit 9/11 -- he still manages to remain unscathed. And Memogate isn't helping Kerry either. In fact, it's hurting him, because a) Bush is doing extremely well in the polls and b) Kerry's not getting any coverage.

Looks like four more years whether you like it or not.

marry rich people
18-09-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm just as good if not better off then I was four years ago. I think i'll keep Dubya.

I'm sorry to be blunt CFC, but that is just plain selfish. You may be just as well off as you were before, but many people aren't. Sometimes you have to look at the wellbeing of everybody as a whole, not just one person. Since Bush has come into office, the wellbeing of everybody as a whole has certainly dropped.

I'm sorry, keira_lover, that you've fallen to all the liberal bullshit media. You really are that gullible, it seems...

Sure that flash thing might have been liberal bullshit media (wouldn't really know because I didn't watch it), but there is plenty of conservative bullshit media out there. Both sides throw out plenty of propaganda but that's not the things that people should believe. People should believe the honest facts and by all those statistics keira_lover gave, it looks like he/she is

CFC
18-09-2004, 02:14 AM
Well when Bush wins you will see that the majproty of the people in America agree with me so I am really not being selfish.

marry rich people
18-09-2004, 09:45 PM
The majority of Americans that vote might like Bush better than Kerry, but not the majority of Americans. The Americans that Bush has been affecting are the ones that are in too much poverty to have any attention paid to them. I see what you're saying and it makes since but not in the over all picture of things. I might be able to forgive you a little since you are from NC.

CFC
19-09-2004, 02:14 AM
The majority of Americans that vote might like Bush better than Kerry, but not the majority of Americans. The Americans that Bush has been affecting are the ones that are in too much poverty to have any attention paid to them. I see what you're saying and it makes since but not in the over all picture of things. I might be able to forgive you a little since you are from NC.

Well that is all that matters. Everybody has the right to vote. If you are of age and don't vote that is the same thing as saying you don't give a shit about what the government does.

and wtf does me being from North Carolina have to do with anything?

hasselbrad
19-09-2004, 03:15 PM
...and the Dems inability to come to grips with the fact that they didn't win the counties in Florida that they thought were in the bag...*cough* (a whole 'nother topic) do you think that their incessant whining about how Bush stole the election will keep those stupid enough to think their vote won't count anyway away from the polls?
You know, the "voter disenfranchisement" bullshit that is still being talked about from 2000. They won't let it go, and I'm starting to wonder if it will affect voter turnout.

Nick
20-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Like I said before, I hate Bush but I'm not fond of Kerry either. To tell you the truth I don't trust politicians in general, but I think it's time for a change. Yes Kerry may very well turn out to be just as bad as Bush, but considering what's happened over the past four years he can't be any worse. Bush had his chance at being president and fucked it up, so now it's time to give someone else a chance.