PDA

View Full Version : Poker...

hasselbrad
15-09-2004, 06:18 PM
...anyone else sick of it?
I don't know what it's like in Great Britain or the rest of Europe, but you can't turn on the television over here, and not see at least three poker shows.
Last night, as I surfed, I saw a guy with sunglasses on upside down and another guy with a green Boston Red Sox hat on, playing poker. Is there a poker show from the mental ward now?
Are there that many people fascinated with poker?
Can a coin-flip show be far behind?

Jasper
15-09-2004, 06:51 PM
I love poker...

I enjoy watching how the professionals play. I do however hate those celebrity poker shows.

Narzys
15-09-2004, 07:11 PM
hahaha... I've never seen it overhere on television. :icon_nana

seventhson
15-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Poker is OK & fun when you play and are winning, but my luck stinks + the dudes I played with know what they're doing, so I always lost. Watching people on TV playing poker brings back bad memories of the last time I lost cash playing poker, so I "CLICK" right past those channels when I see it on TV.

Peace,
(-: seventhSon :-)

frodo1511
16-09-2004, 12:59 AM
It gets boring after a while. I mean, I turn on ESPN to see if football is on, and what do I get. THE WORLD SERIES OF POKER!! I find it really annoying, unless you'r winning lotsa moolah.

Dyce_Blue
16-09-2004, 01:02 AM
The old man in the green Boston Red Sox hat is Dan Harrington, a true legend of poker.

He began playing poker before it became a big fad. I was a big poker guy (HoustonICE on PokerStars.com) but for about 5 months now, I have refused to play it.

Playing poker is like doing the Macarena or wearing leg warmers. It is simply a fad that TV is really cashing in on. In a couple of years, poker will be gone like those awful "Wasssuppp" commercials...