PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football? (American)

Pages : [1] 2 3

CFC
13-09-2004, 09:26 PM
The season officially starts tonight. I gotta cram 4 hours of homework into two so I can make it to the game tonight. (Carolina vs. Green Bay) I know I saw a chiefs avatar somewhere so I know there are some American Football fans here as well.

Louie
13-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah I'm the Chiefs fan here, unfortunately. They got raped last night by the Broncos. If only Kansas City had some defense........

Jacoby
13-09-2004, 09:37 PM
I say this without being biased; but, American College football is by far the best sport to watch, ever. Even more than curling. These kids are playing just for the sport, no money involved. It's beautiful.

Louie
13-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Yes, but college football isn't as polished as pro football. The defenses aren't even close to pro defenses.

CFC
13-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes college football games have a better atmosphere but the BCS is quite possibly the most retarded thing on earth. So NFL > College until college gets a playoff.

College overtime also sucks.

Carolina plays KC next week. Gonna be a good game.

IeatDogs
13-09-2004, 09:50 PM
College ball is way too boring compared to the pros. Nobody can stop the run and they're not nearly as many big hits.

My Super Bowl prediction
Seahawks 35
Patriots 31

hasselbrad
13-09-2004, 10:01 PM
College football does indeed rock. There is no atmosphere like it anywhere in the NFL. Not even Lambeau can approach the atmosphere of a college football game.
And then, you've got the colleges in the South. Oh dear Lord do we love our football. When I was at Alabama, RV's started showing up around campus on Wednesday. I don't know why these people even left campus. Please, before you die, make a point of going to an SEC football game. LSU vs. Alabama is a good one to go to no matter which campus it's played at. Georgia vs. Florida isn't called the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party for no reason. Auburn vs. Alabama...off the fuckin' charts. Same with Alabama vs. Tennessee...we hate those orange bastards with a passion. Oh shit...almost forgot the Red River Shootout...Oklahoma vs. Texas...fuck it...I quit. I'm going on a four month road trip. ;)

Look on the bright side Louie, at least your team has an offense. Joey Galloway hurt his vagina dropping a sure touchdown. The Bucs are toast. They may have to give Keenan McCardell anything he wants just to get some targets on the field. Brad Johnson is one of my fantasy QB's. Tom Brady is the other. I got ass raped because I started Johnson over Brady.

Yes...I am ready for some football.

***hasselbrad tackles his monitor***

CFC
13-09-2004, 10:05 PM
I usually go to the Clemson vs South Carolina game when it is at South Carolina. I am not allowed to go to Clemson. That game is crazy.

Panthers games don't compare at all to it because about 75% of Panthers fans jumped on the band wagon last year. I don't remember seeing them when I was sitting in an near empty stadium during the 1-15 season.

hasselbrad
13-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I usually go to the Clemson vs South Carolina game when it is at South Carolina. I am not allowed to go to Clemson. That game is crazy.

Panthers games don't compare at all to it because about 75% of Panthers fans jumped on the band wagon last year. I don't remember seeing them when I was sitting in an near empty stadium during the 1-15 season.

I had some friends at Alabama that were from South Carolina. That game is a fucking nut-house too!

frodo1511
13-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah I'm the Chiefs fan here, unfortunately. They got raped last night by the Broncos. If only Kansas City had some defense........

Yah, a Chiefs fan. O WAIT, they lost!!! :) :icon_spam :icon_popc

Yup, 34-24 final, while both Quintain Griffith and Priest Holmes taking 3 TD's for each of their teams.

I'm hoping for either the Broncos or Colts to go all the way again for the AFC, while rooting for the Rams and Seahawks for the NFC.

Dyce_Blue
13-09-2004, 11:00 PM
In their season opener, the Houston Texans really demonstrated that they are still an expansion team at heart.

David Carr threw 2 interceptions and
Domanick Davis fumbled twice

en route to a

27-20 loss to the Chargers.

They had the lead at the half, but we all know the Texans couldn't hold a lead to save their lives.

Renegade
14-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Woo hoo, Go Niners!...:(. Everyone knows they'll suck this year, but I'll always be a loyal fan. Atlanta edged them out by 2, 21-19, so it wasn't that bad a loss. No Terrell Owens, No Jeff Garcia, No championship. Well the upside is that we're young :D. Look out for them in 3 years!

Mags
14-09-2004, 01:01 AM
I absolutely love college football, but pro ball bores the bejesus out of me. It seems incredibly petty and just a mass of advertising. College ball is where it's at.

And for college ball, I'm ALL about Texas. We ranked 6th last year, which isn't too bad and hopefully we'll do better now. Hopefully Vince has gotten a handle on himself and won't be so easily excited. And hopefully, we'll have a better game against OU this year. Because...I fucking hate OU. Only good thing that came of last year's game was that 3 of my professors who'd gone to UT cancelled class the next day to mourn...mostly in off-campus bars. Everything else about that game sucks, right down to the traffic that all those crazy yahoos from Oklahoma make driving through Denton to get to Dallas. They mess things up royally on campus.

So, go Texas, and barring Texas, I'll say...Georgia or LSU. Anyone but OU basically. Who never should have been ranked 1st last year.

And as my college team (University of North Texas) got spanked by UT last week (seriously...65-0, I don't even know why we played them, we're in the fucking Sunbelt conference) I don't have much hope for us in terms of national standing. We do tend to do quite well in our conference (went to the bowl game the last three years running) and hopefully that will make for some really fun games. However, the game I'm looking forward to most is of course that of UT v. A&M. UT rocked it last year, and hopefully they can again this year and show those Aggies a thing or two. It's harder without Major though. I love you Major Applewhite.

Jasper
14-09-2004, 01:14 AM
I prefer college basketball over any other sporting event. It's way better than the NBA, because the players actually work as a team, rather than one or two "all-stars" hogging the ball. They also actually play by the rules, and don't travel/foul like crazy.

Mags, I hate to say it, but OU>Texas

Another sick rivalry in college football is UF vs FSU. I've been to one of those games... and it was pretty crazy.

Dyce_Blue
14-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Yeah, UH got killed by OU on Saturday. I think the final score was like 63-14. I was talking to some of the football players this morning, and they were pleased with their performance.

OU beat Texas A&M 77-0 last season, so that is better by far.

mufiman
14-09-2004, 02:03 AM
i watch more nfl than college usually. college is alright, my favorite team is anyone playing USC, because they are totally overrated.
NFL. my favorite team is the best team ever. Niners. renegade is right, give us 2-3 years, well be back. 21-19 yesterday, quite lame, especially when we gave atlanta a turnover when we were in the red zone [3 yard line!]. stupid turnovers cost us the game, but we did good without our star players. oh and it didnt help that rattay and dorsey were both injured. since theyre probably going nowhere, im also rooting for the lions. joey harrington is going to be good this year, and they finally ended their road game losing streak.

Ashley
14-09-2004, 04:06 AM
On the pro ball front: Go Chiefs... even though their defense sucks. They have one of if not the best offence in the NFL, but this just shows defense wins the games. No matter how many points you score, you can't win if you can't stop the other team.

In college football: Go Jayhawks. With an impressive win, to say the least, against Toledo last Saturday. I think they're showing stregnth and a new era of Kansas Football is coming soon

Liam
14-09-2004, 11:24 AM
I say this without being biased; but, American College football is by far the best sport to watch, ever. Even more than curling. These kids are playing just for the sport, no money involved. It's beautiful.

Never seen Hurling then have you? :p

Fastest field sport in the world. I can't watch American Football without getting pissed off - all that armour sort of defeats the purpose. Rugby or AFL are more my style.

hasselbrad
14-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Never seen Hurling then have you? :p

Fastest field sport in the world. I can't watch American Football without getting pissed off - all that armour sort of defeats the purpose. Rugby or AFL are more my style.

Ever been in a car wreck? I totaled a Honda Accord by hitting a palm tree and a telephone pole, going about 40mph, when I was sixteen.
Playing football makes you feel like you've been in a car wreck every week. That's what the pads are for. Plus, the shoulder pads give you a little more surface area with which to lay a lick on someone.
Finally, I've known guys who played rugby in college but played football in high school. They say there's no comparison when it comes to the speed and ferocity of the hits. I doubt there are many 6' 3" -250 lb. dudes running 4.45 40's playing rugby.

Dyce,
I have a capture printed from that game of Dennis Franchione standing on the sidelines looking bewildered. The chiron of the score reads 77-0 with 1:58 left in the third quarter. It is taped to the top of my monitor, and it makes me smile every day. :) See...I just smiled.
Alabama fans were hoping they'd hang a hundred on those A&M bastards for stealing him away. I still can't see A&M take too bad a beating. Tennessee, Auburn and Texas A&M are three teams that I would root for Satan and his disciples of Hell over. ;)

Liam
14-09-2004, 12:35 PM
No, I havent been in a car wreck. At the rate I'm going I'll have my private pilots license before my unrestricted drivers license. The Australian licensing system is arse.

Playing rugby is exactly the same. I played for 3 years and I copped it week in, week out. Ever watched forwards taking the line forward? They are fucking big blokes - at least 120-130kgs - charging into each other at full tilt. Most players would be around 6'2 or 6'3, and rugby wingers are among the fastest runners in field sports. The fact that they play without any sort of padding at all (other than ear straps) makes it all the more impressive. AFL is even more physical.

I also know an American chap back home who plays for my uni in the state rugby comp. He played American Football for 4 years, and has been playing rugby for the last 2. He says the complete opposite (rugby hurts more :p), so its just a matter of opinion. I just feel that all the padding is sort of cheating - lowering the force of impact by spreading it out over a larger area. Thats just me.

hasselbrad
14-09-2004, 12:51 PM
I must admit I've always admired the taping down of ears. ;)
I played football on the offensive (and some defensive) lines. Nowadays, most lineman are 6' 5" and a bit over 300 lbs. Most on the D-line run a sub 5 second 40. American football, because of it's structured plays also leads to more ferocious impact because of blindside hits (see Eli Manning and Jeff Feagles) that aren't as common in other contact sports.
Doesn't really matter though...football, rugby...all pussies compared to hockey players. I honestly don't see how those guys do it. All of the impact at twice the speed...plus fighting. Hockey is becoming my favorite sport to watch.

duckula
14-09-2004, 12:57 PM
That's cos its the finest sport on earth. Now back on topic kiddies.

hasselbrad
14-09-2004, 04:09 PM
...sort of off topic. Does involve football though. Check out the quote.
Must have transferred from Florida State!

http://www.brinkleys.org/users/tsl/uva_quote.jpg

frodo1511
14-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, on the topic of College football, I'm an avid Michigan fan, and am really pissed that they blew the game with Notre Dame last Saturday, it was supposed to be preety easy for them. Oh well, San Diego State this week, that can't turn out THAT bad :icon_surp

hasselbrad
14-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, on the topic of College football, I'm an avid Michigan fan, and am really pissed that they blew the game with Notre Dame last Saturday, it was supposed to be preety easy for them. Oh well, San Diego State this week, that can't turn out THAT bad :icon_surp

That was a shocker when I saw it come across the ticker. Didn't Notre Dame lose big to BYU?
I really enjoyed seeing Southern Miss beat Nebraska. They play us tough as hell every year, though, so it wasn't much of a surprise.
Troy State...beating Marshall and Missouri...that's a shock!

slimgopey
15-09-2004, 12:19 AM
WhoooO! Packers!

Bait
15-09-2004, 05:52 AM
been a Rams fan ever since they were in LA :)

*btw just as a side note when i was in australia i played rugby against some 11th graders and i was in 7th at the time...the teams were mixed and i have to say i loved it even though they didnt go easy on us and i got my ass handed to me :X

hasselbrad
15-09-2004, 12:54 PM
...in college football.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Columnists/RC/Never_happened.htm

DragonRat
16-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Well, I have no real goal set for my Niners' season. I just hope they win some games. They looked somewhat impressive against the Falcons, but they lost anyway. Their defense is again their better half (unlike it was the past two decades, where it has been the offense that has terrorized the opponents). I think we should also play Ken Dorsey over Tim Rattay next week; Dorsey looked rather poised.

As for college football, my Cal Golden Bears are 2-0, and ranked 10th in the nation overall. Too bad I was so hammered from sake-bombing that I was unable to actually watch the game live at the stadium.

Louie
16-09-2004, 03:59 AM
The best college team is Florida State.

Oh and DR, the game with the Niners last week was a mess. Rattay was injured and he had to play because Dorsey and the other guy got injured. I have never seen that before.

Renegade
16-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Oh and DR, the game with the Niners last week was a mess. Rattay was injured and he had to play because Dorsey and the other guy got injured. I have never seen that before.

Yeah, now Rattay is sidelined for next week's game againt the Saints. Ken Dorsey will start. Risky move, but he needs the game-experience.

CFC
16-09-2004, 10:59 AM
The best college team is Florida State.

Florida State has so much talent this year but no QB.

hasselbrad
16-09-2004, 12:07 PM
As for college football, my Cal Golden Bears are 2-0, and ranked 10th in the nation overall. Too bad I was so hammered from sake-bombing that I was unable to actually watch the game live at the stadium.

Are y'all still playing Southern Miss this weekend or did they just go ahead and reschedule? If the game is still on, you might want to hammer a little more sake. They just might up and beat y'all. Ask the Cornhuskers about Southern Miss...hell ask anyone about Southern Miss. Anytime...anywhere...gotta respect their attitude.

frodo1511
16-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey, my grandfather went to Southern Miss, he hammers about it all the time to my dad, who went to Miss. State. I'm so happy that Nebraska lost, AT HOME. You have no idea how many Cornhusker fans live here, and talk shit about all other colleges.

Louie
17-09-2004, 09:26 PM
This is funny, the Chiefs and the Colts were supposed to be among the top teams in the AFC, but both will most likely start out the season 0-2. The Chiefs are playing at Carolina, and Indianapolis is playing at Tennessee.

Renegade
17-09-2004, 11:54 PM
The Chiefs will beat Carolina. Carolina has the defense, but Holmes is a touchdown machine. Trent Green gets better with age and Tony Gonzalez is the best tight-end in the league. Yes KC doesn't have defense, but Carolina doesn't have offense. They lost Steve Smith.

I don't know about the Colts-Titans game. It should be a close one.

hasselbrad
18-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah, Carolina looked very average against the Packers. Super Bowl hangover? Of course, I have no room to talk...the Bucs looked like the Yucs. That was painful to watch, and so frustrating because they were completely out of the game, yet one score down. Pitiful. And Galloway sprained his vagina!

Renegade
18-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Carolina looked very average against the Packers. Super Bowl hangover? Of course, I have no room to talk...the Bucs looked like the Yucs. That was painful to watch, and so frustrating because they were completely out of the game, yet one score down. Pitiful. And Galloway sprained his vagina!

Haha yeah. The Bucs were supposedly "new and improved". They looked like shit. Brad Johnson was my fantasy football QB last week. He earned -1 points. Chris Simms is a bright spot but they have an aging QB, No real RB, and McCardell is still holding out right?

Mags
18-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Chris Simms is a bright spot but they have an aging QB, No real RB, and McCardell is still holding out right?

Chris Simms can kiss my ass. I do not like him one bit. He fails with reliability under pressure, and needs a more senior QB to come in and clean up his mess. Major Applewhite was better. Boy...I love Major Applewhite.

http://www.uttyler.edu/news/2003/feb17/gifs/footballlg.jpg

http://www.hpbc.org/mens/applewhitepray_s.jpg

Renegade
18-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Chris Simms can kiss my ass. I do not like him one bit. He fails with reliability under pressure, and needs a more senior QB to come in and clean up his mess. Major Applewhite was better. Boy...I love Major Applewhite.

I take it he played for Texas and lost :p.

EDIT: Okay Mags added his pic. Looks like he did play for Texas. Well it's good to know he's doing much better for himself at a higher level of play.

marry rich people
18-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Darn you, Bait. How can you like the Rams?? The Titans will get our one yard back!!! Anyway, I'm a huge fan of all things football (even the European type where the kick the ball around with their feet or something) and I absolutely love the Tennessee Titans as well as UNC.

hasselbrad
19-09-2004, 03:34 PM

http://www.uttyler.edu/news/2003/feb17/gifs/footballlg.jpg

http://www.hpbc.org/mens/applewhitepray_s.jpg

Yes Mags...Chris Simms was a pud when he played for Tejas...but he's looked very solid for my Bucs.
But you are correct in your assessment of Major Applewhite. He was the fucking man! But then, of course he was, he grew up an Alabama fan and was named after Major Ogilvie. Everyone knows he'd have to carry his big brass cajones around in a wheelbarrow. ;)

CFC
19-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Carolina > KC

frodo1511
19-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Shit, the broncos lost by a point to Jacksonville, because of a last minute fumble. Damnit.

Louie
20-09-2004, 12:31 AM
I can't believe how bad Kansas City's defense is! 172 yards to Foster, and 160 something last week to Griffin. They aren't going anywhere unless the defense can figure out how to keep the opposing running back under 125 yards.

frodo1511
20-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Louie: and they got beat at HOME! Trust me, KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL, It's almost impossible for an opposing QB to keep his cool. I've only seen Delhomme and Manning keep that much cool at Arrowhead. What's the world coming too?!

CFC
20-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah KC's defense could not tackle at all. We were alos missing Stephen Davis and Steve Smith the two biggest offensive weapons on the team.

Jacoby
20-09-2004, 01:19 AM
How are the Eagles doing? Are they still green?

frodo1511
20-09-2004, 01:20 AM
How are the Eagles doing? Are they still green?

As in uniform colors? They're more of a forest green than straight color. Looks nice, don't know their record off the top of my head.

CFC
20-09-2004, 01:20 AM
They are doing good enough to choke in the playoffs again.

Jacoby
20-09-2004, 01:27 AM
They are doing good enough to choke in the playoffs again.

I would take offense to that, but you're from NC. I'll let it slide.

CFC
20-09-2004, 01:36 AM
The Eagles are now one of my most hated teams because I can't stand TO.

Louie
20-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah TO is pretty full of himself isn't he?

How has Deion Sanders been doing?

hasselbrad
20-09-2004, 12:15 PM
My Buccaneers are an embarrassment. Mags was right. Simms bounced the ball off of his knee on the two and forced us to go for a field goal. Then, as time was running out, he threw an interception which was called back due to a penalty...and then promptly threw another one as he was being sacked. I'm starting to think the boy doesn't deal well with pressure.
At least Alabama won, albeit an expensive win. Brodie Croyle, torn ACL, out for the season. Guillon looked good though.
My fantasy team's ahead by 6 points, but my opponent has David Akers.
***missit...missit...nuh nuh nuh....*** :)

Louie
21-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Anyone watch the Vikings-Eagles game last night? I didn't see it, but I heard that the Eagles' defense destroyed the Vikings' offense.

hasselbrad
21-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Anyone watch the Vikings-Eagles game last night? I didn't see it, but I heard that the Eagles' defense destroyed the Vikings' offense.

Yes. It was a prison style ass-raping.
The Vikings are no closer to the Super Bowl than they were last year.
The Eagles, if they avoid the injury bug, should make it to a fourth straight NFC Championship Game.
My fantasy football team lost by a couple of points because of David Akers' left leg. Damn that leg...damn it straight to hell!

Dyce_Blue
21-09-2004, 10:36 PM
The Eagles, if they avoid the injury bug, should make it to a fourth straight NFC Championship Game...

...and lose it for the fourth straight time.

DOMANICK DAVIS HAS BUTTERFINGERS!!! 4 fumbles lost in 2 games!!! The Texans switched everything up for this guy so he could excel. This includes instituting a brand new blocking scheme. He just can't hold onto the ball. Weak.

hasselbrad
22-09-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't know. I haven't seen a team in the NFC that can play with the Eagles. The addition of T.O. on offense and the Freak on defense seem to have taken them to a new level. I'll be interested to see how the defense looks without Bobby Taylor and whats-his-nuts at corner over the long haul. Looked pretty good against Mr. Moss, though.

Dyce_Blue
23-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Your Chiefs vs. my Texans this week.

We'll see who will get their first win...

Louie
24-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Okay, no offense or anything, but if the Chiefs can't beat the Texans then the season is going to go down the drain. I am expecting the score to be 30 something to 20 something.

Louie
26-09-2004, 10:51 PM
I can't believe it! The Chiefs season is gone. They can't even beat Houston at Kansas City! The Chiefs defense stopped the run, but they gave up way too many long passes. I can't believe it!

frodo1511
26-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I can't believe it! The Chiefs season is gone. They can't even beat Houston at Kansas City! The Chiefs defense stopped the run, but they gave up way too many long passes. I can't believe it!

Awesome, chiefs 0-3! Now my chemistry teacher can't laugh in my face like he did last year. To make it sweeter, the Broncos beat San Diego 23-10.

CFC
26-09-2004, 11:57 PM
The was a bad football weekend since the Panthers did not play.

I did have a fun time at the South Carolina game Saturday though.

mufiman
27-09-2004, 01:13 AM
niners got shut out for the first time since '77. how incredibly lame. oh well, its a rebuilding year. im suprised how well the jaguars are doing. i think they beat the titans with like 8 seconds to go.

Dyce_Blue
27-09-2004, 02:51 AM

The Texans starting D-line all left in the middle of the game due to injury. Jerry DeLoach, Robaire Smith, and Gary Walker all left before the 4th quarter. HAHA...

I told you they would win.

Renegade
27-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Seeing how the Chiefs went 8-0 last year, it'd be cool if they went 0-8 this year.:p

Yeah mufi, the Jags are definitely this year's sleeper team. They have the defense. The only question mark is their offensive productivity.

The Niners got shut out for the first time since '77:icon_surp . I thought they would fare better, considering their last two games. Oh well. The Bucs are getting trampled by the Raiders. Lucky for you Hasselbrad. Our deal still stands. :icon_evil

hasselbrad
27-09-2004, 12:41 PM
First Alabama loses, and does so because of some sort of irrational fear of the play action pass...and then this?
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have scored one more point this season than the Colts did...in the first fucking quarter!
It's too bad the Bucs can't play the Dolphins. That would be some kind of offensive showdown! 2-0 because a snap on a punt after one of 32 three and outs would sail over the punter's head. There would be thirty...maybe even forty yards of total offense. :icon_surp

frodo1511
03-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Holy shit, Green Bay lost, AGAIN, and twice AT HOME. Man they suck.

Also, kudos to the Eagles, who are 4-0 for the first time since 1993.

Louie
04-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Yeah, the Eagles are definetly going to the Super Bowl. The Dolphins! Wow! They have no offense at all.

CFC
04-10-2004, 02:32 AM
I hate Michael Vick.

hasselbrad
04-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Eleven of us...and I'd let the Bucs choose the eleven...could hold the Bucs to less than 20 points. Easy. This is making the Dungy teams of the late 1990s look like the Indianapolis Colts. I realize we're pretty depleted, but for fuck's sake run the football if it's there. Pittman, surprisingly, was having a pretty good day, and they just abandoned the running game late. The Broncos had to feel like they were playing underwater in the second half, and the Bucs let them off the hook. Shit! 0-4.
At least my fantasy team won...despite the fact that I started Warner over Brady! That won't happen again.

Clinton
04-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Baltimore 4 Life

frodo1511
04-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Whose with me thinking the Ravens will crush the Chiefs. Can I get a hell yes?

Please?

Louie
04-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Hell yes. The Chiefs are garbage.

Renegade
04-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Shit! 0-4.

0-4 Bucs
0-4 49ers

I'm tellin you brad. Come week 10, if our teams are still winless, it's game over for the Bucs.:p

Jacoby
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
My team's 4-0.
*Does a little dance.*

johnnyboy
04-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I hate American Football...

Renegade
04-10-2004, 11:54 PM
It's ok johnny, Jesus still loves you.

Mags
05-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Wooo. Texas is 4-0. Rocking. Granted, my small Sun Belt Conference school is 1-3, but I don't think that matters. I mean, honestly, who is expecting great things from the University of North Texas? I haven't even gone to a game, and I'm not sure I will all season...maybe Homecoming, but that's it.

Texas however. Ahh, Texas. Hook 'Em folks, Hook 'Em.

frodo1511
05-10-2004, 12:09 AM
My team's 4-0.
*Does a little dance.*

Whose your team, jake? Patriots or Eagles?

BTW, my teams 3-1, so HA!!! :icon_mod:

johnnyboy
05-10-2004, 12:21 AM
It's ok johnny, Jesus still loves you.

The problem is, I don't believe in Jesus.

Louie
05-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Yes! The Chiefs won! Hooray! I would have never thought it possible! :icon_beer

hasselbrad
05-10-2004, 11:38 AM
0-4 Bucs
0-4 49ers

I'm tellin you brad. Come week 10, if our teams are still winless, it's game over for the Bucs.:p

And Alabama's 3-2 with no discernable prospect at quarterback to lead my beloved Tide. It's a really good thing I've mellowed, else all my shit would be broken right now. :mad:
I need a drink. I'm afraid we're going to lose to Southern Miss.

Clinton
05-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Damn! how did Baltimore lose. Shit! 2-2

Louie
05-10-2004, 08:43 PM
They lost because Priest Holmes cannot be stopped. Not even Ray Lewis could do it.

frodo1511
06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
They lost because Priest Holmes cannot be stopped. Not even Ray Lewis could do it.

Though Lewis did say it would take two of the Chiefs to stop him(wired for sound clip), so the Chiefs had double coverage on him all night.

Louie
06-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Tony Richardson covered him the whole night. All the Chiefs needed to contain Ray was their fullback. That's how good KC is.

frodo1511
07-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Tony Richardson covered him the whole night. All the Chiefs needed to contain Ray was their fullback. That's how good KC is.

Except for losing their first 3 games:P

They'll need the bye week to get in shape for the Jaguars, a suprise team this season.

marry rich people
07-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I don't think a bye week will help m beat Jacksonville. Jacksonville's been surprisingly productive this year. I don't think it'll be a very close game. Can't wait for the Titans vs. Packers game though. And the jets vs. bills game is bound to be good too.

Bait
07-10-2004, 11:41 PM
kinda late but i dont think the rams should of lost to the saints :(
rams better get the seahawks on sunday :wave:

frodo1511
11-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Boy, what a day for upsets: Atlanta losing to the LIONS :icon_surp ,
Rams getting lucky in OT over the Seahawks, I could go on...

Oh, yah for the Broncos, 4-1.

Louie
11-10-2004, 01:33 AM
What about the Pats? They now have the record for most consecutive wins, pretty impressive. The Lions are actually a decent team this year, amazing!

Renegade
11-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Woohoo, the 49ers finally won. Who cares if it was against the Cardinals, they finally won!

Oh, and so did them Bucs. Damn them.

Mags
11-10-2004, 02:14 AM
...I still love you Texas. I'm not very pleased with a Mr. Vince Young, that turnover in the 4th was just plain trash. Mac's taught you better, and Madison did too Young. That is unacceptable.

Oh, and I still hate you OU, though you did play a good game. Thanks for getting out of North Texas in a timely fashion. You sure dicked around with it last year.

Clinton
11-10-2004, 03:54 AM
Ya boi ! Baltimore wins

What a defence and B.J Sams, money!

And primetime pulling in that great INT. Lets not leave out the man of the match Ed Reed!!!!!!!!!!

Who's Next ......................

CFC
11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
I wish the other football thread did this well.

I miss Hazzle.

hasselbrad
13-10-2004, 12:30 AM
I didn't watch Alabama or the Bucs and they both won. I must be a jinx.

Clinton
13-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Damn Bucs, why couldn't they just lose? I lost my proline ticket cause of them...

hasselbrad
13-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Damn Bucs, why couldn't they just lose? I lost my proline ticket cause of them...

What the fuck does that mean?

Clinton
13-10-2004, 05:38 PM
What! you don't know what proline is? Damn! Clearly it's a way of gambling.