PDA

View Full Version : The life you dream about !

Narzys
11-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Ok guys, tell me
How does your ideal life look like (in the future)? Is it all about the money, what's your work etc.... ?

The life I dream about:
- a nice wife (brown hair)
- a creative / nice job in the mulimedia business
- playing in a band which makes some fine music
- enjoying life: go to movies, go on vacation etc.

That makes me happy :)

duckula
11-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Post apocalypse. Guns, explosives, attractive women and killing zombies. It's an acquired taste.

Failing that. A job I enjoy, a woman I love and and Ice Hockey teams worth of kids.

rabbit
11-09-2004, 09:25 PM
my ideal life would be living in a different country with a job. Doesnt have to be very well paid but not peanuts either. Enough for rents, bills etc and enough to allow to me to travel within the country and now and again out of it. Not to be tied up in something but later, later in life probably kids and married.

Elijahfan
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=duckula]Post apocalypse. Guns, explosives, attractive women and killing zombies. It's an acquired taste. [QUOTE]

wow...lol! i was sorta thinking that too... but as a female i would be one of the attractive women, basically just think resident evil.

my idea/plan: work on movies (production/writing/ or marketing), nice cars (three at the most, try not to get greedy), work foreign aid in a 3rd world countries (probably aids), crap LA house, nice winter MN house and a place in Europe (either ireland/england or a film festival location for convenice). and each one of my days would be filled with watching a movie. and sharing my interests with someone very compatible.

Jacoby
11-09-2004, 09:32 PM
My family has sort of grown apart. My parents fight, and I hardly talk to my sisters anymore. I want a family of my own. A well paying job to support said family. A family is all I want, really.

Julespaxton
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
a top model, photographer. married to the man i love, in a lovely loft in soho (NY) freedom and peace. really.

Renegade
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
-A well-paying job in film production.
-Beautiful wife, 2 kids.
-Middle class home in LA or Chicago. In the heart of the city.
-Have a couple vacations a year, whenever I please.

Sarah
11-09-2004, 09:56 PM
For me:

- Job as a journalist.
- A house which is the dog's bollocks
- A man to be my master and tell me what to do
- Children, and lots of them

Hmmm, thats it. oh, and good health.

Leonie
11-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I'd like to:

- live in England (London would be great)
- have a nice job, something writer-ish. I don't have to earn loads, but enough to not have to worry about money.
- be married to a lovely guy
- have a couple of children
- become/stay healthy (a cure for asthma would be great)

In a way it's the same as everyone else's list really - most of us seem to be looking for a nice, happy and carefree family life.

Boy are we bound to get disappointed :D

frodo1511
11-09-2004, 10:41 PM
-Become a millionare by using my ninja/spy tatics,
-Home in London, Tokyo, and NYC,
-have guns. lots of guns.

Narzys
11-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Lot of you guys want to get a "write" job.
Very funny :D

Renegade
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Lot of you guys want to get a "write" job.
Very funny :D

Why is that funny?

Leonie
11-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Why is that funny?

It's quite funny that the lot of us seem to have something in common besides our initial Keira obsession me thinks.

Richard
11-09-2004, 11:50 PM
To do little as possible.

- Have any job in the filmmaking business.
- A beautiful wife
- 1 kid
- a nice home

The Black Rider
12-09-2004, 12:33 AM
- successful arthouse filmmaker with complete creative control
- beautiful wife and family
- residence in England

Narg
12-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Im only 18.. I dont understand how you guys can even conceptually think of what your perfect life would be.. I havent lived long enough to know. At the moment, I just want a better job.

deviljet88
12-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Currently its just passing all my exams with flying colours and have a girlfriend. Winning the Tattslotto could be cool, I guess.

CFC
12-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Job: Supreme Dictator of the universe.

Seriously..

To have a nice paying job where I get to travel internationally. I'd like to live abroad.
Wife
Kids............err maybe
Thats all i got right now. I am really not old enough to know what I want.

frodo1511
12-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I'm a little too young to really be thinking about this. I have enough on my plate as it is (Junior, Driving[although I'm driving a nice car], prom this year, yadda)

I'm not kidding about being in the military/maby a sniper(VERY rarely are they killed or shot at)

CFC
12-09-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh yeah I need to add that I also want to be a pirate.

I can't believe I forgot that.

frodo1511
12-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Oh yeah I need to add that I also want to be a pirate.

BLODDY PIRATE!

Nah, I actually want to be a pro golfer, and shut up Tiger for good:P

deviljet88
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Singh is now better than Tiger. Never played Golf doesn't seem interesting, though being a soccer star would be kind of cool... Or being in a band...

Jacoby
12-09-2004, 04:16 AM
I have enough on my plate as it is (Junior, Driving[although I'm driving a nice car], prom this year, yadda)

OH DEAR, Frodo. How do you handle it all at once?! :icon_err:

Louie
12-09-2004, 05:56 AM
My ideal life would be:

-pro baseball player
-hot wife
-no kids
-big house
-a bunch of cars

Nick
12-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I noticed several of you said that you want "freedom" but you also want marriage. I hate to break it to you but marriage and freedom don't coincide in the real world. Of course then again we're not talking about the real world are we, we're talking about our "dream" worlds.

In that case in my dream life I would become a mercenary/ pirate/ assassin/ bounty hunter/......well you get the point. Basically I would kill lots of people for money, steel really cool stuff like gold, and raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out. Oh yeah and being that I'm from Oregon I wouldn't mind finding all the money that D.B. Cooper stashed away in the wilderness here in my home state.

Liam
12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Ideal life:

- Employed as a pilot in some capacity. Fast jets would be good, airline pilot almost as good, Spitfire pilot in the RAF Heritage wing best.
- Married to a fit woman who also is intelligent. There is nothing worse than a good looking girl with no brain.
- 2 or 3 kids.
- Living either in Australia on the waterfront or in Norway. Yes, I liked it that much.

Jacoby
12-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah and being that I'm from Oregon I wouldn't mind finding all the money that D.B. Cooper stashed away in the wilderness here in my home state.

He hid the money in a barn. It's right outside the woods everyone thinks it is...I can't believe no one has checked there yet.

I guess I forgot to mention my ideal job; which would be writing for a magazine. As a film critic, perhaps. Anything with writing, as I've said before.

gracie
12-09-2004, 03:45 PM
finding someway to live without responsibility, expectations, and commitments. that being unlikely a job i can tolerate, friends i like and someone to have sex with regularly who i like

seventhson
12-09-2004, 04:08 PM
"...Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people Living life in peace...
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people Sharing all the world
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one"
"Imagine" by John Lennon (1971)

All I NEED is food, shelter and love.
Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Kelsey
12-09-2004, 06:16 PM
In English, we had to write a detailed essay about this....so this is easy...

~ I want to be running my production company from Europe, while my business partner (a.k.a. my sister) runs the Los Angeles branch. By being a successful producer, I can work my own hours, and use my name to be a part of the UN and help the less fortunate people of the world.

~ I want to live in Paris (in a gorgeous apartment with a view of the Eiffel Tower).

~ I want 3 or 4 kids (the oldest a boy, the rest girls....most likely named Jack, Ava, Kate and Alice). I want to be able to spend all the time I want with them, and walk them to school in the morning.

~ I don't want to get married, I just want to be in a long lasting relationship, with someone I love and who cares about me.

Ashley
12-09-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm intrigued by this discussion... and will in a few years be very depressed as I will be let down. Anyway my answers:

Start a production company with my cousin.
I'd make music videos, and films.
Have a house in the country outside where I live now, one in the Colorado mountains, an apartment in NYC, London, LA. And have a small house in Ireland.
Drive a dependable and nice SUV, I don't need an Escalade, I'd take a nice Chevy Tahoe, or Trailblazer.
Have a wonderful husband who I can have an intellectual conversation with, and who is not against going out to parties and the like.
Have a big family... 3-5 kids I'd say.

Sarah
12-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Thinking about it a little more... planning isn't good. Plans never work out the way you want them to... just the basic out-line is good enough. Leave the rest to fate.

gracie
12-09-2004, 07:58 PM
"plannings for the poor so lets pretend were rich"

Ardnax
12-09-2004, 08:01 PM
I want to be a writer and have a big house on the country and have a calm and quiet life.

frodo1511
12-09-2004, 10:49 PM
OH DEAR, Frodo. How do you handle it all at once?! :icon_err:

I have an hourglass necklace that I wear that lets me go back into time. I stole it from Hermione.

I would like to work for Bungie or Nintendo in the future, make a Halo/Mario hybrid. A FPS-platformer! :icon_surp

CFC
13-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I have an hourglass necklace that I wear that lets me go back into time. I stole it from Hermione.

I would like to work for Bungie or Nintendo in the future, make a Halo/Mario hybrid. A FPS-platformer! :icon_surp

Maybe in the future Microsoft will buy Nintendo and that could happen.

Narg
13-09-2004, 01:18 AM
And no-one would by it, because it sounds terrible :P.

slimgopey
13-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Supreme Director and Actor of the world!

Or this guy
<

Glare
13-09-2004, 04:33 AM
Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll?

Liam
13-09-2004, 08:45 AM
finding someway to live without responsibility, expectations, and commitments. that being unlikely a job i can tolerate, friends i like and someone to have sex with regularly who i like

/me volunteers.

hasselbrad
13-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Fantasy Life:
Deciding whether to take the $30,000,000 Lotto prize in a lump sum (approx. $15,000,000...before the government's share) or 30 annual installment of $1,000,000 (again...before the government's share).
Once this decision's been made, I'd probably move back to Atlanta so that I could be close to my daughter. I'd get a really nice condo overlooking the city, but nothing too extravagant. I would go to my former employer, and buy a Nikon D1X digital set up with all the goodies along with the best Photogenic studio lighting system money can buy, and start "working" as a photographer. Portraits, mostly black and white, but really cool high end stuff. Portraits with a fashion look to them. It wouldn't matter if I did one sitting a week, because I'd be filthy rich. :)
I'd set up a trust fund for the little nipper and then set about finding an intelligent, pretty woman to father me some more little nippers. The boys would be named Carter and Parker (family names) and the girls would be left up to the wife. They'd go to private school and be allowed to do what interests them. Their big sister would teach them how to play guitar and extort large sums of cash and prizes from their father.
We'd probably have to get a larger home by this point, so I'd sell the condo and get us a sweet home in Buckhead.
We would go skiing every winter. We'd take summer vacations to exotic and not so exotic locations. I would play a lot of golf. We would take long weekends at our beautiful lakeside cabin in Alabama where the children would fish, swim, ride 4 wheelers and waverunners until they pass out from exhaustion. Or, we'd go down to the beachfront condo in Seaside, Florida and go deep-sea fishing.

Sure beats living in a refrigerator box beside a dumpster! :D

Airman
14-09-2004, 03:13 AM
I want to dabble in all kinds of things...

Unlike most of you I want to be so rich that I can use 100 dollar bills (or pounds, what not) as toilet paper...

Photography
Acting
Real-Estate
Computer Programming

I've been to England many times, and I can't get enough of it, especially London, so I will be living their... with a second home in Los Angeles, and possibly somewhere in Spain.

Just remember the name Armen... and in 10 years when I make it big, you can say u met me in the kk forums :icon_icon :)

Jacoby
14-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Just remember the name Armen... and in 10 years when I make it big, you can say u met me in the kk forums :icon_icon :)

"Yeah, you know that guy 'Airman'?"
"The guy who busses section 4 at the Olive Garden?"
"Yeah, that's the one."
"What about him?"
"I met him online, at the kkw."
"Small word, man."
"Tell me about it."

Just kidding. Best of luck..and don't be so modest next time. :icon_err:

Narzys
14-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Thinking about it a little more... planning isn't good. Plans never work out the way you want them to... just the basic out-line is good enough. Leave the rest to fate.

That's also a destiny: living with the day, and see what crosses your way. :)

Airman
17-09-2004, 04:34 AM
That's pretty harsh Jacoby, and I'll be living in London in a few years so it's not gonna be an Olive Garden sucka!

Good luck with what you're gonna do... god i love this smily :fencing: