PDA

View Full Version : Listen to my band!

The Black Rider
08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
I assume this is the right place for this thread. If not, please correct me.

Hey, we're now recording some of our songs and we're trying to get as many listeners as possible. We're an experimental band called Misrule and I am the lead singer and I play the keyboard when necessary. We have two songs up, they're both of poor sound quality, but they're still awesome. I'd appreciate it if I could get some feedback, even if you think it's the worst song you've ever heard.

You can listen to it here. (http://www.purevolume.com/misrule)

Richard
08-09-2004, 10:53 PM
I have a great deal of respect for bands who actually do this, so I'm going to say it's pretty good. And I mean that.

I like Fish better, though I felt like I've heard that beat before. Television-thingymajig was... awkward. To be honest, I would have rather heard your voice without the annoying shouting in the background.

Not bad. Why Fish?

Jacoby
08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Fish was better than Television...

I don't know..it's not really my style. I'm not saying it's bad, but I don't have enough knowlege in the 'noise' genre of music to tell you if it's good or not.

Have I confused you?

The Black Rider
08-09-2004, 11:11 PM
That's fine, each to their own. Thanks for listening anyway.

Back to you, Richard. Fish was written entirely on the spot. The lead guitarist told me to write any song I wanted, so I asked the drummer the first thing he thought of, which was fish. Then everyone else played random things, we put the best stuff together, and Fish was born.

As for the extra voice, we just put him in because he's a friend and we thought it was funny. But we all acknowledge that he's got the worst voice ever (he agrees).

NinjaTurtleRocky
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
LISTEN TO MINE TO
http://www.notimeforgameover.tk
go to the jams section to listen to them!

Jacoby
08-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Whatever happened to sensible songwriting?

Stormbringer
09-09-2004, 12:32 AM
For The Black Rider, chalk up another vote for "Fish".

Jasper
09-09-2004, 12:36 AM
I couldn't understand the words in fish. And the volume on the mic wasn't high enough... I could barely hear you.

I thought Television-thingymajig was funny. Especially in the beginning when you are spelling television... and forget how its spelled in the middle "T-E-L-E-V-...S-..I-I-O-N"

The Black Rider
09-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Well, as I said, the sound quality is poor. We plan on rerecording both songs soon. Also, if you listen carefully, I'm actually spelling "television" correctly and its the other guy who's messing it up (my voice is higher). But we could not stop laughing during that song, and that was one of the reasons.

Love your band too, NinjaTurtleRocky. Nintendocore is the shiz.

NinjaTurtleRocky
21-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Well, as I said, the sound quality is poor. We plan on rerecording both songs soon. Also, if you listen carefully, I'm actually spelling "television" correctly and its the other guy who's messing it up (my voice is higher). But we could not stop laughing during that song, and that was one of the reasons.

Love your band too, NinjaTurtleRocky. Nintendocore is the shiz.

Nintendocore is that wut they are calling it these days? great name if u made it up i will apply it to a song or two and credit u to it!