PDA

View Full Version : Funny/Sad Clip: Crispen & Dave

Richard
08-09-2004, 09:39 PM
How many of you are familiar with Crispin Glover? Let me refresh your memory... he played George McFly in Back To The Future, The Thin Man in the Charlie's Angels movies, and Willard in... well Willard.

Some of you may or may not have heard about this clip, but that's alright. I believe this was back in 1993 (if I'm not mistaken) and it's just so sad... the audience really weren't helping at all. Click the link below, and the video will play streaming with any media program you have configured. Or if you choose, download it.

http://consumptionjunction.com/downloads/cj_23908.wmv

What do you think? I still like Crispin by the way. He has the most unusual personality, and his choice of films are rather decent.

hasselbrad
08-09-2004, 09:43 PM
I remember that show. I didn't click the link, because my 'puter keeps fucking up, but I watched that show back in '93. I always got the impression that his character in River's Edge wasn't as big of a stretch as it should have been.

Jacoby
08-09-2004, 09:51 PM
That was awkward. I felt so uncomfortable watching that video. Is that the way he really is? If so, I feel bad for him. Letterman was kind of a dick, too. "Paul, is this the first time you've seen another man drown?"...what an ass.

The Black Rider
08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Oh, I've seen that before! Very amusing indeed.

I love Crispin Glover. I was gravely disappointed by Willard but he was awesome.

He appears in the opening sequence of Dead Man in a truly memorable cameo.

"I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickinson out in the town of Machine. You're just as likely to find your own grave."

And he's covered in soot so he looks he came from a minstrel show.

Richard
08-09-2004, 10:32 PM
I know Crispin is spelled with an i, not an e. (No I didn't, thanks TBR.) :D It's embarrassing enough. :icon_redf

That was awkward. I felt so uncomfortable watching that video. Is that the way he really is? If so, I feel bad for him. Letterman was kind of a dick, too. "Paul, is this the first time you've seen another man drown?"...what an ass.

No, he's not like that in real life. Thank god. He actually took two tablets of LSD before he went on the air, or so I've read. Letterman could have acted a little better, but I would have been freaked too if I was in his position. It was painfully sad more than funny. That's the kind of shit you never recover from. :(

The Black Rider
09-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Bah, it's the internet. Spelling need not matter.

Was he really on acid though? That's definitely surprising. I thought he was just being super-cool.

I've always hated Letterman though. He could be funny sometimes when he first started, but for the most part he's just an annoying jack-ass. I like Leno and Conan much better, although I don't normally watch any of those late night shows.

Dyce_Blue
09-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Wow, he is really messed up. I always thought that he was kinda weird. But when he almost fell off the stage twice, and almost kicked Dave in the head...That is weird.

Is that his real hair?

Richard
09-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Wow, he is really messed up. I always thought that he was kinda weird. But when he almost fell off the stage twice, and almost kicked Dave in the head...That is weird.

Is that his real hair?

The press over-killed on that event saying Crispin nearly "decapitated" Dave. Wasn't even close, but he probably could eventually with those shoes. :p

Yes, that was his real hair at the time. But now it's respectivly shorter.

Dyce_Blue
09-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Has he ever played a normal person in a movie?

All I remember him from is: Back to the Future, Charlies Angels, Like Mike, and Willard...

Richard
09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Has he ever played a normal person in a movie?

All I remember him from is: Back to the Future, Charlies Angels, Like Mike, and Willard...

If he wasn't normal in Back to the Future, then I don't know what is. But if you take away his love for rats in Willard, he can be normal. Charlie's Angels, without a doubt... psycho. I haven't seen Like Mike, but seeing that it's a family film, I'm assuming him to be.

Dyce_Blue
09-09-2004, 02:59 AM
"You are my density" Enough said for Back to the Future.

In Like Mike, he was the greedy orpanage manager. Definitely a creep.

EmotionSickness
09-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Oh, guys. Come on. It's so obvious that Crispin is just acting there (and that's not his real hair, it's a really bad wig). It's a schtick. Dave, on the other hand, obviously wasn't in the 'joke'; he was thoroughly weirded out and annoyed (and rightly so). He [Dave] wasn't being an ass at all. I think he handled the situation pretty well. He doesn't usually put up with crap from his guests.

But, I wouldn't feel too sorry for ol' Crispin. This was all a gag. I know Glover's a pretty odd fellow, but am I the only one who can tell that he is clearly just playing a part here?

keira_lover
09-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Oh, guys. Come on. It's so obvious that Crispin is just acting there (and that's not his real hair, it's a really bad wig). It's a schtick. Dave, on the other hand, obviously wasn't in the 'joke'; he was thoroughly weirded out and annoyed (and rightly so). He [Dave] wasn't being an ass at all. I think he handled the situation pretty well. He doesn't usually put up with crap from his guests.

But, I wouldn't feel too sorry for ol' Crispin. This was all a gag. I know Glover's a pretty odd fellow, but am I the only one who can tell that he is clearly just playing a part here?

I figured as much. I mean, no one can possibly be that clumsy and awkward (unless you're talking about me on the phone talking to a girl I have the hots for, but that's neither here nor there). And for the record, that was a really bad wig, I mean just look at it, it's completely lopsided.

mufiman
09-09-2004, 06:02 AM
anyone seen a movie called "rubin and ed"?

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~th3597/king.jpg

EmotionSickness was right, he was just 'in character' with his wig and all. he was supposedly trying out for the quirky role, and he landed it, and made the movie.

Richard
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Shit. You mean he didn't take LSD? That does make sense, I got all that information from imdb (which is basically false). All that for a part in a movie...that's too bad. :icon_redf

I knew that wasn't his real hair. :icon_roll

The Black Rider
09-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Let's just agree that Crispin Glover is really cool, LSD or no LSD.