PDA

View Full Version : Worth 6 bucks(in the FUTURE!)

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Seeing as my summer movie thread was a success, I'm now taking the liberty of making a fall/ end of 2004 upcoming movie thread. As we all know, there is no, I repeat, NO Lord of the Rings movie this Christmas:( so the season is preety well open. Here are some of my most-anticipated upcoming movies.

Alexander: Here's the 800-pound gorilla hot of the success of Troy and King Arthur, this looks to be an awesome movie. Alexander the Great was my favorite part of my Western Civ. class two years ago, so I'm really excited. Huge battle scenes, and great actors(Collin Farrel, Val Kilmer, Angelina Jolie, and Anthony Hopkins) makes this an instant classic.

The Incredibles: Ok, besides A Bug's Life, when has Pixar created anything less than greatness? I'll leave it at that.

Shaun of the Dead: This will rival Napoleon Dynamite for funniest movie of the year, and the only funny movie worth seeing in the fall besides Christmas with the Kranks. Simon Pegg+ Zombies+ funny British Humor= instant hit.

other notables:
Blade: Trinity, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and I guess Sky Captain:P

Holler with your choices!

Adolf-The-Apple
05-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I think Resident Evil will be a good one. And Alien Versus Predator (in germany it's not yet in the cinemas but it'll come soon, i hope.) :mad:

slimgopey
05-09-2004, 09:23 PM
One I think you missed was Team America World Police. If you liked Matt and Trey's eariler crap then you should enjoy this movie.

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 09:30 PM
If you liked Matt and Trey's eariler crap then you should enjoy this movie.

Who are they?

CFC
05-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Who are they?
I believe they were are the guys who do Southpark.

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 10:05 PM
I believe they were are the guys who do Southpark.

Ahh, now I remember, the movie that looks like crap, right?

Richard
05-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Resident Evil: Apocalypse is the one I'm most looking forward to. Milla & Sienna are my reasons alone.

Shaun of the Dead might be the best comedy for me this year. Zombies, stupid or smart - make good entertainment.

Blade: Trinity I never was a fan of the first one. This one looks bad.

The Incredibles I just saw the trailer for this recently, and this one I know for a fact won't be one of Pixar's success. I fail to see anything interesting, but that's just me. Wait for Shark Tale, the trailer made me laugh. And that hardly ever happens.

My choices:

Saw - it looks decent.
Seed of Chucky... for laughs.
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - What reason do you need?
The Amityville Horror - a remake! WTF! With Ryan Reynolds... ugh...

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 10:26 PM
The Incredibles[/B] I just saw the trailer for this recently, and this one I know for a fact won't be one of Pixar's success. I fail to see anything interesting, but that's just me.

What?! richard, it's a Superhero movie, how will this not be a success? Anything Pixar touches it golden, added to that the whole superhero thing, and you have an instant hit. I'm shocked:O

Richard
05-09-2004, 10:42 PM
What?! richard, it's a Superhero movie, how will this not be a success? Anything Pixar touches it golden, added to that the whole superhero thing, and you have an instant hit. I'm shocked:O

You probably shouldn't take that seriously, as it is just me. I'm all for superhero films, but the trailer was bad. I know you can never tell if a film's good or not by it's trailer, but I often judge a film by it's own, that or it's great reviews.

It's true that Pixar is very successful, but I have a gut feeling this might be a step down from it's predecessors. :icon_mecr

mufiman
06-09-2004, 03:24 AM
the movies im most looking forward to are:

the machinist- christian bale at 120 pounds, who hasnt slept in a year and is seeing non-existent people. im there.
mean creek- sort of like 'stand by me', but in this movie, they dont find a dead body, they kill someone.
saw-what richard said
team america world police- the creators of this movie are the creators of south park. thats a good reason.
casshern [though thats coming out on dvd oct. 23]- Watch the trailer (http://www.apple.com/jp/quicktime/trailers/casshern_large.html)
haute tension. or switchblade romance. i think thats the international name.-i saw this once, and i would enjoy seeing it on the big screen.
the ringer-sounds funny
blade trinity-jessica biel

Dyce_Blue
06-09-2004, 05:25 AM
The next movies I'm gonna see are "Paparazzi", and "The Cookout".

I'm sick and tired of well-written and filmed action movies. I hate the way they are so satisfying at the end and leave me wanting more. I'm also sick of sparkling comedies that include fresh characters and hilarious jokes. I just want to be disappointed for once. Is that too much to ask?

Kelsey
06-09-2004, 07:51 AM
The Cookout sucks...don't waste your money.

Movies I so can't wait for:
Finding Neverland....three things to say about it: 1) the little kid who says "Excuse me sir, you're standing on my sleeve" is super cute. 2) the preview gives me chills...3) everytime i see kate winslet in this movie i just want to cry. wierd i know, but i have a feeling shes going to die, which i don't know if i can handle, lol.

Taxi....shut up. i love this preview. i love the rock star song, i have a huge crush on jimmy fallon, and i secretly wish i was gisele bundchen (or however you spell her last name). can't wait.

I 'heart' Huckabees....looks fucking awesome.

The Wedding Crashers....I have't even seen the previews yet, but it has Owen in it....enough said.

Mags
06-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Movies I so can't wait for:
Finding Neverland....three things to say about it: 1) the little kid who says "Excuse me sir, you're standing on my sleeve" is super cute. 2) the preview gives me chills...3) everytime i see kate winslet in this movie i just want to cry. wierd i know, but i have a feeling shes going to die, which i don't know if i can handle, lol.

Ok, everyone can make fun of me as much as they want, but I just watched the trailer for Finding Neverland and totally started crying. I feel like I know right now that that's going to become one of my favourite movies of all time. Anyone who hasn't seen the preview should check it out
It looks fantastic. I'm finding Johnny Depp's accent quite beguiling, and I love Kate Winslet in anything. I can't wait for this, but it looks like I'll have to until November 12.

Other movies I'm looking forward to:

Vanity Fair
I'm a Reese fan anyway, and throw in Jonathan Rhys Meyers and I don't see how I can resist.

Wimbledon
...not because of Kirsten Dunst (more in spite of actually) but because of Paul Bettany, who I think is just fantastic.

Alfie
I definitely want to see...for reasons pertaining mostly to Jude Law.
He's yum.

I want to see Kinsey, because it looks like a really interesting plot line and I absolutely love Liam Neeson and Laura Linney.

Closer
I mean, how can you go wrong with Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Roberts, and Clive Owen? I'm not sure you can at all.

Ocean's 12
That one has to be self-explanatory.

Spanglish
The preview makes it look like I might start liking Adam Sandler again.

*edit*
How could I forget Polar Express? Silly me. I'll probably take my little brother to go see it.

Also, hopefully I'll see Garden State a few more times, as it's so incredibly awesome

I had links for previews for all those movies, but the didn't work, so meh.

Renegade
06-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Definitely Ocean's 12. It has an All-Star cast. Hopefully the story is as well-written and well-exectued as the first.

No one mentioned this movie yet...Meet the Fockers! The first one was alright. Funny in some parts but not in most. I expect Meet the Fockers to be better. Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand as Ben Stiller's parents.

duckula
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Polar Express looks cool (book is the cool).

Incredibles looks like another good bit of Pixar magic.

The Life Aquatic, Wes Anderson and a cast without fault, it's gonna be fucking hilarious.

The Passion Of The Clerks, whats not to like.

Batman Begins, I want this to be good. Please don't fuck it up Mr. Nolan.

Sin City, word is that it's going to be great, let us hope the word is right.

Elijahfan
06-09-2004, 01:03 PM
the movies im most looking forward to are:

the machinist- christian bale at 120 pounds, who hasnt slept in a year and is seeing non-existent people. im there.
mean creek- sort of like 'stand by me', but in this movie, they dont find a dead body, they kill someone.

totally, and...

Batman Begins- um...hotness! great cast...christian bale, and i can totally see ken wetanobe (sp?) as evil
Wimbeldon- looks funny even if they did give away the whole movie in the trailer
Sky Captain and the World of tomorrow
Alfie- i'm growing a jude law obsession
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead- Clive Owen
Closer- again jude and clive, plus natalie and julia
Pride and Prejudice- even though that isnt coming out for a year, all keira knightley movies must be seen, though i dont think anyone can ever beat colin firth as Mr. Darcy
Alexander- this movies going to be a riot, even if it's bad i'll like it, just the idea of colin farrell in a blond wig and skirt makes me laugh, it's probably have great cheesy lines like Troy ("Take it, it's yours", great to say when passing out the last fry), plus Oliver Stone, crazy ass director but i like it that way
Sin City- dear god the casting is marvelous! bruce, jessica, elijah, clive, jamie, rosario...and getting Tirentino to direct a part, genius

too bad it's the crap end of summer movie time...i'll just see Garden State again :icon_popc

Spire
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Only a few films I'm even remotely interested in -

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - This movie will suck, but I'll enjoy it anyway.

Closer - Natalie as a stripper. That's all I have to say.

The Jacket and Domino - For obvious reasons.

frodo1511
06-09-2004, 07:13 PM
No one mentioned this movie yet...Meet the Fockers! The first one was alright. Funny in some parts but not in most. I expect Meet the Fockers to be better. Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand as Ben Stiller's parents.

Holy shit, I completly forgot about Meet the Fockers!!! Thanks Renegade. This movie will be the funniest movie of Christmas, since I absolutley loved the first one. Ben Stiller, Robert DeNero, and Dustin Hoffman, all in one, funny movie? Greatness indeed.

mufiman
07-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Batman Begins, I want this to be good. Please don't fuck it up Mr. Nolan.

Sin City, word is that it's going to be great, let us hope the word is right.

how could i forget those two. Batman Begins should be awesome seeing as they have Chris nolan directing and not joel schumacher. plus the batsuit has no nipples. oh yeah, and christian bale.

speaking of bale, check out the trailer for the machinist. i cant wait for this to come out.
The Machinist (http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/media/2004/machinist.html)

his transformation is stunning, and he lost a third of his body weight for this role. the movie looks great. bale looks...

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/morningbell/_uimages/cbspain.jpg

thankfully, hes back to normal for batman begins.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/03.jpg