PDA

View Full Version : If you have a million dollars?

Glare
28-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I would probably buy a beach house for 300k, put the other 700k in the bank and live off the intrest for the rest of my life, sure it would only be a small amount but I would only need to buy food, who needs power? It would get a bit lonely so I would buy a dog to go for long walks along the beach, and would probably take up a writing career. Maybe a wife too, I would enjoy that :confused: oh well, one day.

Glare
28-06-2004, 10:46 AM
I'd buy you a green dress....

but not a real green dress that's cruel...

Moe
28-06-2004, 11:08 AM
(...) but who needs power?

How are you going to get online? You need power, and at least a DSL, preferably a 1.5 Mbit cable uplink. How else are you going to survive?

ryan
28-06-2004, 01:55 PM
450k house, 50k car, 250k in the stock market, and live off the other 250k (computer, utilities, vacations, etc).

Sarah
28-06-2004, 02:07 PM
If I had a million dollars...I would go to the bank and change it to pounds quickly.

Elijahfan
28-06-2004, 04:31 PM
i get a nice house and live off the rest. mostly spending it on ice cream and dvds.

Louie
28-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd buy a nice 300k Bentley, buy a regular 150k house, and keep the rest to live on.

gracie
28-06-2004, 06:29 PM
pay for three years of school.

Kelsey
28-06-2004, 06:58 PM
If you changed it to pounds, you'd only have 500k, might as well enjoy the million before it disappears too quickly :)

I would buy the house that I want in the Hollywood Hills, my BMW (or Mercedes) SUV, and fulfill a promise I made awhile ago. If that all cost more than a million, my back up plan would be fulfill the promise, and buy a racehorse.

Renegade
28-06-2004, 07:17 PM
If I had a million dollars, I'd spend a hundred grand on a fancy luxurious car and blow the rest off on lottery tickets. I'd be bound to win more :).

apoggy
28-06-2004, 07:20 PM
i'd get the essentials, house, car, etc. Theninvest the rest. No savings account bollocks, that just a waste of time, when you consider inflation you don't get a good return on your money

Jacoby
28-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Getting that much money quickly changes people, so I would spend it as fast as possible. I would spend it on the most ridiculous things as well. Maybe fill an olympic sized pool of grape jelly, just to say I own a pool full of jelly. And then I would buy music and movies with the rest of the money.

Richard
28-06-2004, 08:50 PM
There's no way in hell I can spend a million dollars. However, if I did have that amount of money, honestly... this is what I would do. I would open a checking account and have a debit card(that way I wouldn't have to carry cash around and have the risk of getting jumped). Probably the biggest spending spree I would do is finally buy all the DVD's I've always wanted. Buying movies and watching them is a good way to let the time pass, because if you buy a whole bunch of crap and later find yourself bored out of your mind, you have nothing left to do but spend more(besides, you'll have to get up). I'm getting too excited, and it's not even worth it.

Mandy
28-06-2004, 08:56 PM
With a million dollars? Heh. I'd retire at 20. Nah, actually, I'd probaby buy everyone in my immediate family a house, and use the rest to but Liam a Spit. :D

Ashley
28-06-2004, 08:56 PM
I'd probably buy a house, and a car, a dog. With a banks help, start my production company. I'd put most of it in the bank, I could live comfortably off the interest alone. Oh yeah, pay off my credit card and take a vacation.

Vertical Vortex
28-06-2004, 09:34 PM
With one million dollars...
i would buy a old rain forrest (or a part of it) somewhere in africa (i guess) and then I build there a big vila, and a fence around it... hire some ppl to guard it against animal killers, and I going to live there... happely ever after.

Hazzle
28-06-2004, 10:39 PM
I'd buy a failing pubishing house, finally get one of my shitty novels published just to inflict it on the rest of the world...hopefully become famous...and then hire a hitman to kill me in the middle of Trafalgar Square (seemed as good a place as any...)

Of course I haven't done the sums, but there must be a fair few near-bankrupt publishing houses going cheap and I'm sure Sephy'd do the job for a very reasonable price...

deviljet88
29-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Buy a car for parents, then chuck the rest into bank for interest until I'm old enough to use 1 million dollars properly.

DragonRat
29-06-2004, 02:01 PM
I'd probably put it into a bank. Slowly, through the years, I will be able to afford some luxuries I did not have. I'd travel around the world at least once per year, and start on my writing career. Perhaps I'd bring someone along to share the stories.

Till I hit the lottery jackpot, I'll work on my biology major.

Sephiroth v2.0
29-06-2004, 05:24 PM
'Of course I haven't done the sums, but there must be a fair few near-bankrupt publishing houses going cheap and I'm sure Sephy'd do the job for a very reasonable price...'

You know the drill 5 grand a head no women no kids...

(Even though i should prbably take into the account inflation and equal rights etc. I'm just old fashioned :P)

Hazzle
29-06-2004, 09:38 PM
'Of course I haven't done the sums, but there must be a fair few near-bankrupt publishing houses going cheap and I'm sure Sephy'd do the job for a very reasonable price...'

You know the drill 5 grand a head no women no kids...

(Even though i should prbably take into the account inflation and equal rights etc. I'm just old fashioned :P)

Very old fashioned :p

3mteam2012
24-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.