PDA

View Full Version : Not again!?!?

hasselbrad
02-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh goody...another fucking hurricane...heading right for us. At least this one's coming from the other side of the state. I know I saw someone on here from Orlando. Pray for them...or, if you are an atheist, tell them you hope everything goes well because this thing is packing winds of 150mph. That's tear the roof of of buildings and/or knock them the fuck down windspeed.
Thank God I'm going to Atlanta to see my daughter this weekend.

Ardnax
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
We never have hurricanes here! :p

ryan
02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
i'm going to NC for the weekend. it better not mess up my plans :p

MeggieHoops
02-09-2004, 03:19 PM
It rains like a mother here, but we rarely get hurricanes up in NYC.

I think the last one was like 6 years ago.

gracie
02-09-2004, 03:23 PM
i cant believe youre driving from ohio to north carolina that seems insane. as for hurricane oh well

Jasper
02-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh goody...another fucking hurricane...heading right for us. At least this one's coming from the other side of the state. I know I saw someone on here from Orlando. Pray for them...or, if you are an atheist, tell them you hope everything goes well because this thing is packing winds of 150mph. That's tear the roof of of buildings and/or knock them the fuck down windspeed.
Thank God I'm going to Atlanta to see my daughter this weekend.

Yeah... I'm pretty much fucked. We had to deal with 1/2 of Orlando's power being out for 4+ days, not but 2 weeks ago. Now "another fucking hurricane" is coming. Gotta love Florida!

Spire
02-09-2004, 07:48 PM
This is the only time I'm glad I'm in Texas.

Jacoby
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
i cant believe youre driving from ohio to north carolina that seems insane. as for hurricane oh well

My dad used to drive from Upstate NY to NC every other weekend for a few months when we were moving.

Sorry about the hurricane, hassle. I hope everything goes well.

Jasper
02-09-2004, 08:23 PM
My dad used to drive from Upstate NY to NC every other weekend for a few months when we were moving.

Sorry about the hurricane, hassle. I hope everything goes well.

I see how it is. The hurricane is only coming STRAIGHT FOR ME! :icon_sad:

Jacoby
02-09-2004, 08:33 PM
I see how it is. The hurricane is only coming STRAIGHT FOR ME! :icon_sad:

Yeah, I hope everything's alright. Good luck,man. Don't hang out near windows.

hasselbrad
02-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Jasper,
Good luck. Steve Jervey, the only meteorologist in the Tampa market who knows his ass from the eye of a hurricane is saying it looks like landfall will be Vero Beach. Good news is they're saying it will probably be a Cat 2 by the time it gets near you. Still a mess maker, but not as bad as a Cat 4. I don't know what were going to do with all the water this is going to bring. We're already saturated.

frodo1511
02-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Hopefully, Frances will "fluxuate" before it hits shores on Friday Evening/Saturday Morning. If not, good luck Jasper and Hassle, all at KKW are thinking the best for both of you!!!

Jasper
02-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I hope everything's alright. Good luck,man. Don't hang out near windows.

Thats kind of hard at our house :/. We live off of a lake, so our house probably has more windows than outside walls. My dad wanted to utilize the view, ya know?

To tell you the truth, I dont fret about Hurricane's. I lived by Miami when Hurricane Andrew hit, and Hurricane Charley was pretty bad too. You could call me an experienced hurricane survivor ;).

Narg
02-09-2004, 11:48 PM
No hurricanes in Australia :D, only been one cyclone that i can remember, and i wasnt even born, Australia is the lucky country.

frodo1511
03-09-2004, 12:41 AM
No hurricanes in Australia :D, only been one cyclone that i can remember, and i wasnt even born, Australia is the lucky country.

Yeah, you don't have to worry about tornadoes every day in the summer, do you Narg?

Dyce_Blue
03-09-2004, 01:17 AM
This is the only time I'm glad I'm in Texas.

You are in the dry and dusty part of Texas. In Houston we may have a few this year, because it is supposed to be a bad season.

Sorry Brad, I know y'all just got pounded by Charley, now Frances is coming. What is it about the storms with an "E" as the 2nd last letter?

We had tropical storm Allison a couple of years ago. Thank God the winds weren't bad, but I-10 filled with water like a bowl, and trucks were floating in it. Also, the hospital where my mom works along with every building downtown and on the southside got the basement flooded. I believe there were 7 fatalities...

ryan
03-09-2004, 03:27 AM

the only thing insane about it is how much fun it'll be :p

angeleyes862
03-09-2004, 04:19 AM
I think that mother nature is like pissed off at us or something... shes like attacking us from both sides. its EVIL!!
and im the only effing school in tampa that has school tomorrow.. its so gay

slimgopey
03-09-2004, 04:44 AM
This is the only time I'm glad to be in Toronto..

Hell I'm never glad to be in Toronto.

gracie
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
and im the only effing school in tampa that has school tomorrow.. its so gay
dont be a tool. is your principals sexual orientation the reason you have school? yeah i dont think so. use precise diction and stop using homophobic insults.

hasselbrad
03-09-2004, 12:26 PM

Yeah...but you're surrounded by Great White Sharks and the only jellyfish in the world that can kill you. Plus, don't like 9 of the 10 deadliest spiders and/or insects in the world call Australia home? :icon_surp

frodo1511
03-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes, and of course, the biggest reptile in the world, the Saltwater Crocodile;)
As of now, I'd rather be in Flordia, instead of being surrounded by 20 animals that could kill you in VERY painful ways...

PhoeniX
04-09-2004, 12:22 PM
The hurricane that we had in England blew of half our roof.(Apparantly)

Is there really a spider in Australia that lays eggs in your skin and they hatch out of your skin or is that just a myth that has scaped Britian?

deviljet88
04-09-2004, 12:57 PM
HAHAHAHA! *regains his compusure* We've got redbacks, big deal. I mean they look big, but they're so big you know they're close to you. So you can run.

frodo1511
04-09-2004, 03:54 PM
COMPLETLY OFF TOPIC:
all this talk of spiders have made me pull out the big guns:
this the THE reason not to visit Iraq: the Camel Spider

anyway, by this time, Frances has hit Flordia, hope everyone there is ok.

PhoeniX
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Theres another one on the way isn't there? Jesus, hope your all alright

frodo1511
06-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Theres another one on the way isn't there? Jesus, hope your all alright

Yup, Hurricane Ivan is set to hit Flordia(again!!!) around friday.

CFC
06-09-2004, 07:27 PM
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/storm/FCSTATL2.GIF

Not looking good for Florida.

frodo1511
06-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Yup, Ivan looks to be as big(if not bigger) than Frances. This sucks majorly

Louie
07-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Frances was the pussiest and most overated hurricane ever. If Ivan hits, it better hit hard 'cause I don't want to put up my hurricane shutters again for no damn reason like I did with Frances.

frodo1511
07-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Frances was the pussiest and most overated hurricane ever. If Ivan hits, it better hit hard 'cause I don't want to put up my hurricane shutters again for no damn reason like I did with Frances.

Maby for you, but I saw hundreds of homes completly demolished in the Orlando area on the news. I guess it depended on where you lived in Flordia.

CFC
07-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Ivan could go anywhere.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200409_model.gif