PDA

View Full Version : Keira turns down the Chance to play a Bond Girl

GuinevereLover
30-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Keira Knightley has turned down the chance to be the next Bond girl because she fears she
wouldn't look good enough in a bikini.

The 19-year-old Londoner has appeared in a string of roles completely starkers but fears
she cannot compete with Bond girls who have included Ursula Andress and Halle Barry.

Keira was even recommended for the role by former James Bond Pierce Brosnan but she
told Empire magazine: "I don't think I have the assets to be a Bond girl.

"Anyway, I'm no good with bikinis. They always have to wear bikinis, don't they, Bond
Girls?"

Keira was last seen by fans romping while wearing next to nothing in King Arthur.

Source: http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1084089.html

Richard
30-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Wouldn't look good enough in a bikini!?! ...

ah bollocks Keira. :mad:

hasselbrad
30-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Oh well...another Bond film I won't be seeing.

Jasper
30-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Keira is way too modest...

She should let her fans decide whether or not she looks good in a bikini :).

Sarah
30-08-2004, 09:33 PM
This is old news.

frodo1511
30-08-2004, 10:21 PM
WHAT A LIE!!! The only reason she's not in it, is because she would give Pierce a MAJOR heart attack;)

Kelsey
30-08-2004, 10:58 PM
That's so obviously not the reason she turned down the role. But, no matter that the reason, Scarlett should follow Keira's example and change her mind about MI3.

KnightleyNews
30-08-2004, 11:16 PM
This is old news.
Certainly IS old news.

From 28th August 2003 !!!!!!! :-

LDJW Films reports the unconfirmed news that Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl star Keira Knightley is being looked at for the female lead role in the 21st James Bond film which is due for release in 2005.
The site says Knightley became talk after Bond producers ended talks with Clive Owen who she co-stars with in the upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer produced King Arthur. Owen is the first contender for the Bond role after Pierce Brosnan leaves the series after the making of Bond 21.
The site recently reported that Knightley will also star in Jurassic Park 4.

UPDATE: MI6 contacted Keira Knightley's agent and publicist about the James Bond rumor who say it's false. This puts the site's claim that Knightley was cast in the fourth "Jurassic Park" movie in doubt as well.

As this has come from Empire I'm guessing one of those 'Public Access' questions we all submitted featured one about the Bond role. Either that or an Empire journalist didn't do much homework on Keira.

Paul

dying to live
01-09-2004, 08:55 PM
look what this story says
ananova ??? (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1083950.html?menu=entertainment.film)
________
Honda RC170 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC170)

Jasper
01-09-2004, 09:00 PM
look what this story says
ananova ??? (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1083950.html?menu=entertainment.film)

Uh... thats the SAME exact thing that GuinevereLover posted...

frodo1511
01-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Uh... thats the SAME exact thing that GuinevereLover posted...

Yeah, some people are slower than others, you just get used to it;)

Anyway, anyone know when Bond 21 comes out? I'm quite anxious, since Die Another Day was the best Bond since Goldeneye.

Jasper
01-09-2004, 09:59 PM
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2005/JB21.php

Dont know if thats accurate.

Will edit if I find different dates.

Edit: Saw a few more sites that said the same date... So it seems accurate.

Anna
01-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I wonder how accurate that November 2005 date is considering Pierece Brosnan and Samantha Bond have bowed out of Bond 21.

JayBe
01-09-2004, 11:12 PM
there is nothing out, yet. nothing. so forget all you've read about the date (always changes...), actors or story...

i would propose Clive Owen as James Bond and Keira, for sure ;), as the Bond-Girl. I liked them in King Arthur...so they would also be a fit team in James Bond, too...

Keira in a fast car, that would be breathtaking :icon_surp

frodo1511
01-09-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing the November '05 date was proposed BEFORE Pierce said he was done being 007. Now, the rumor mill has two coming-up actors with the possibility of being the new Bond: Hugh Jackman, and Clive Owen, both I think would make a great James Bond.

Sucks Keira won't be the new Bond girl, though:( just hope Mariah Carey or Britney Spears don't take that opening)

Richard
01-09-2004, 11:44 PM
though:( just hope Mariah Carey or Britney Spears don't take that opening)

:eek: Hollywood is not that stupid.

frodo1511
02-09-2004, 12:02 AM
:eek: Hollywood is not that stupid.
I know, it's just a rumor flying around that if either makes the theme song, then they want a part in the movie, either a cameo, or to be the bond girl. It would ruin the movie, seeing as both can't act to save their lives.

Jasper
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I know, it's just a rumor flying around that if either makes the theme song, then they want a part in the movie, either a cameo, or to be the bond girl. It would ruin the movie, seeing as both can't act to save their lives.
I take it you havent seen crossroads and/or glitter then. Both classics.

I like Hugh Jackman as an actor, but I dont think he would be a good enough ladies-man, that a James Bond role would require.

frodo1511
02-09-2004, 01:56 AM
I take it you havent seen crossroads and/or glitter then. Both classics.

I like Hugh Jackman as an actor, but I dont think he would be a good enough ladies-man, that a James Bond role would require.

Nope, and don't want too.

I think that Hugh would be perfect for Bond. Have you seen him in Van Helsing? Anyone who can get Kate Beckinsale is worthy of being the next Bond.
Coincidentally, anyone who can get Keira Knightley is also worthy of being the next James Bond:)

Kelsey
02-09-2004, 01:58 AM
How can Pierce Brosnan *not* be James Bond? I can't think of anyone else, since that's the type of film that needs to be *perfectly* cast.

Jacoby
02-09-2004, 02:08 AM
How can Pierce Brosnan *not* be James Bond? I can't think of anyone else, since that's the type of film that needs to be *perfectly* cast.

Heh, you'll be saying the same thing about the next guy when he quits being Bond...if they keep making the films for that long.

I think Keira should play some more roles where she isn't just the girl to look at. So she can actually make a name for herself. Hopefully she can do it in The Jacket.

deviljet88
02-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Wow she's so humble about her chest. In Bend It Like Beckham you could've looked at other girls =\ Same with Love actually :P

hasselbrad
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM

I don't know, Clive Owen does clean up pretty well in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead. And, he has a really cool demeanor which James Bond has to have to go along with a ruggedness that hasn't been there since Sean Connery.
If Britney Spears or Mariah Carey appear in a Bond film, I will vomit. I can't really imagine either one of them singing a theme song for a Bond film.
Please God, in the name of Shirley Bassey, don't let either of these over synthesized, over-singing pop-tarts anywhere near a Bond score.

dying to live
03-09-2004, 03:21 PM
it wasnt the same link. this story said she had too small boobs for the part.
________
DYLAN125 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_DYLAN125)

Narzys
03-09-2004, 11:16 PM
I think Mr. Bond needs somthing fresh, something new. I've got the next idea:

- Hugh Grant will be James Bond
- Keira Knightley the bond-girl
- Rowan Atkinson as dr.Q

:D

Dyce_Blue
04-09-2004, 01:49 AM
The Bond movies are becoming way too formulaic. They all start to run together eventually...How about cutting their losses? If Halle Berry can't revive the movie, its in trouble...

...and what the hell was the deal with "Christmas Jones"? Come on...Denise Richards knows as much about science as I know about what Denise Richards knows.

Richard
04-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I think Mr. Bond needs somthing fresh, something new. I've got the next idea:

- Hugh Grant will be James Bond
- Keira Knightley the bond-girl
- Rowan Atkinson as dr.Q

:D

Let's disagree on Hugh Grant. :) Good choices but I'd rather prefer a different Hugh... Jackman... Hugh Jackman.

I believe he has what it takes to be a bond.

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Let's disagree on Hugh Grant. :) I believe he has what it takes to be a bond.

Anyone who can defeat Dracula is worthy enough to be Bond:)

Richard
05-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Anyone who can defeat Dracula is worthy enough to be Bond:)

Hugh Grant is not bond-ish enough. I'd be laughing the whole time.

frodo1511
05-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Hugh Grant is not bond-ish enough.

True, but the only guy who was Bond-ish enough was the great Sean Connery. NOBODY can match him, I'm just giving my choice for a "replacement"

Narg
06-09-2004, 01:12 AM
Im glad keira turned down the role, she wouldnt suit a bond girl, there just dumb bimbo's.

Liam
06-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Keira turns down the Chance to play a Bond Girl: Thank Christ.

dying to live
11-09-2004, 11:29 PM
wow who wants to be a bond girl anyways

aim
13-09-2004, 10:46 AM
noooooooooo, keira take up the job. U will look great!!

frodo1511
13-09-2004, 08:54 PM
noooooooooo, keira take up the job. U will look great!!

Uh, no. The last GOOD Bond girl was Denise Richards, and even that was mediocre. Before that, the girl from Goldeneye, but nothing in between. Unless she performes an act of God, Keira's bond girl role will not be that great. Sorry.

aim
23-09-2004, 06:40 AM
No is was halie berry ans she became famous for that role!!

peach
23-09-2004, 07:58 AM
I can't believe she turned it down she would be great as a bond girl. Please take to role Keira I would love to see her in a film that's sort of a legend. I can't say I like bond movies but if she would be in it I would see it. I think it would be a smart move for her.

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 11:43 AM
No is was halie berry ans she became famous for that role!!

Halle Berry was famous before that role.

peach
23-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Halle Berry was famous before that role.

I know I meant that mabye she would get another audience.

deviljet88
23-09-2004, 12:36 PM
What's it got her, a role in Catwoman? Sure, she fights I guess...

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I know I meant that mabye she would get another audience.

She'll get the audience she needs from The Jacket and Domino. The Bond films have become so played out, that I'm afraid it will pigeonhole her as just a pretty face.

peach
23-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I didn't think of that and you don't have to be sarcastic.

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Not being sarcastic...sorry if it came off that way.
I just think her career will be better served by the roles she's scheduled. I used to be a really big Bond fan, but I just can't even watch anymore. I turned one on the other night, and watched a little, but it just really started grating on my nerves.

peach
23-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Not being sarcastic...sorry if it came off that way.
I just think her career will be better served by the roles she's scheduled. I used to be a really big Bond fan, but I just can't even watch anymore. I turned one on the other night, and watched a little, but it just really started grating on my nerves.

Ok well I have only seen one or two. Not even that, I was 10-12 or something can't remember I just saw a little when my dad watched. And your right about her movies I totaly agree.
To clear this up let's say we let keira decide (wich she will) and stay's by her side.

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Agreed.
I think The Jacket will show people, on a much broader scale, the acting ability she displayed in Dr. Zhivago and Pure. She plumbs emotional depths in those films that I've seen very few young actresses get near.
If it were the 1960s, I'd say do the Bond film in a heartbeat.

peach
23-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I have never seen Pure what is it about?

hasselbrad
23-09-2004, 01:23 PM
It's about a little boy's struggle with his mother's heroin addiction. Keira plays a young waitress who befriends the boy, but has a herion problem of her own. The boy's mother straightens out, but Keira's character winds up as a prostitute, turning tricks to pay for her habit.

Raych
02-02-2005, 12:18 PM
A good move by Keria, I believe. I don't think she should lower herself to become a Bond Girl.

Jamie
27-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Eh Yeah, Keira Knightley is abit modest isn't she ? I really don't know what to say on this one she seems to be extremly concerned about her body.

Jamie
27-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Lol Rach I don't think she would take a step lower in her career if she did consider doing the Bond Role.