PDA

View Full Version : I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

hasselbrad
30-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I saw the ad for this movie in the paper, and noticed that Jonathan Rhys Myers and Clive Owen were in it, so I figured I'd see it. I wouldn't recommend paying money to see it. It was sort of disjointed and random. Characters appeared that seemed wholly superfluous and said/did things that weren't ever really tied back into the story. This is why, I think, the movie began and ended with the same scene...to try and make you think it was all tied up neatly.
It was only playing in one theatre here, so I imagine it's in a pretty limited release. I wish I had seen Garden State instead.

Kelsey
30-08-2004, 10:49 PM
You should have seen Garden State - that movie was awesome.
I have heard about "I'll sleep when I'm Dead" but I didn't realize it was already out. I may have to see it just because I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers (can't wait for Vanity Fair)! But I won't expect too much.

DefyingGravity
30-08-2004, 11:28 PM
What Kelsey said, Jonathan Rhys-Myers is a hot piece of Irish ass.

hasselbrad
31-08-2004, 12:05 PM
What Kelsey said, Jonathan Rhys-Myers is a hot piece of Irish ass.

I am offended by this sexist remark. :rolleyes:
Who do I sue?

Actually...his "Irish ass" plays a prominent role in this film. I won't spoil it unless you ask.

The Black Rider
04-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I disagree, I loved this film and think it's one of the best films of the year so far. I suppose I see what you're saying about the story but part of the reason I loved it so much was because it was just like an American Film Noir piece when the genre was at its prime, and it was also quite reminiscent of the original Get Carter with Michael Caine, one of the best British crime films ever made (both films, incidentally, have the same director). Film Noir is not for everyone but I'd recommend a second viewing as it's definitely one of the more impressive films of the year IMO.

Elijahfan
06-09-2004, 01:19 PM
i want to see i'll sleep when i'm dead so badly. i dont really care if it's weird, because Croupier was weird for me too. i heard it was in limited release but can't find it anywhere

and garden state does rule, hopefully i can see it again today

hasselbrad
08-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I disagree, I loved this film and think it's one of the best films of the year so far. I suppose I see what you're saying about the story but part of the reason I loved it so much was because it was just like an American Film Noir piece when the genre was at its prime, and it was also quite reminiscent of the original Get Carter with Michael Caine, one of the best British crime films ever made (both films, incidentally, have the same director). Film Noir is not for everyone but I'd recommend a second viewing as it's definitely one of the more impressive films of the year IMO.

I just got the feeling some things were lost to editing.

The Black Rider
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Fair enough. I can see what you're saying.