PDA

View Full Version : Any Italians on here?

Lil' Lady Chaz
29-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm doing Italian at College soon, and I was wondering are there any Italians on this board at all? Need a few recomendations on where to go, lol

Cheers.

JayBe
29-08-2004, 05:17 PM
hi,

i got a friend who made her studies in Trieste. visited her one time: beautiful city. she told me that the profs there are very friendly and you can earn your points there very easy, no big job. but you have to be fit in speaking italian. are you?

greetings
jaybe

Lil' Lady Chaz
29-08-2004, 05:22 PM
hi,

i got a friend who made her studies in Trieste. visited her one time: beautiful city. she told me that the profs there are very friendly and you can earn your points there very easy, no big job. but you have to be fit in speaking italian. are you?

greetings
jaybe

Oh yes i'm fully prepared, i'm a fast learner anyhow, just need another persons point of view :)

Dyce_Blue
29-08-2004, 11:57 PM
I am Italian by heritage. My great-grandfather came here on a boat from Sicily. I have never been there and I dont know any Italian though...

I like pasta and the Rocky movies. That makes me Italian enough.

Lil' Lady Chaz
30-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I am Italian by heritage. My great-grandfather came here on a boat from Sicily. I have never been there and I dont know any Italian though...

I like pasta and the Rocky movies. That makes me Italian enough.

Well at least theres one, lol :)

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 06:57 PM
italians are arrogant hot heads. but usually forgive and forget. my roommate is italion and is constantly furious about something. it get annoying.
________
Huge Tits Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

Sarah
30-08-2004, 06:59 PM
italians are arrogant hot heads. but usually forgive and forget. my roommate is italion and is constantly furious about something. it get annoying.

Woah. You're certainly not sterotyping are you?

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 07:47 PM
ok ok i apologize for that previous statement, it was a very stereotypical statement but in all actuallity it is all i've been exposed to as far as italians go. so i really have no second half for comparison.
________
Depakote side effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Jacoby
30-08-2004, 07:50 PM
ok ok i apologize for that previous statement, it was a very stereotypical statement but in all actuallity it is all i've been exposed to as far as italians go. so i really have no second half for comparison.

My father's Italian, and he's not that way. He does yell a lot more than anyone though. Some Italians are known to raise their voices easily, though. We're all not 'arrogant hot-heads' though. My grandpa lived in Italy for a while before he came here and he's one of the most calm people I've ever met.

hasselbrad
30-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Growing up, out next door neighbors were Italian...the Capitanos. I can still taste Mrs. Capitano's manicotti. If I was any ethnicity other than pure, driven cracker, I'd want to be Italian. The food, the cars, the women. Did I mention the food. Mamma mia.

Richard
30-08-2004, 08:49 PM
I had an Italian teacher once, I never did like her. The whole time I was just waiting for her to whack the whole class.

Growing up, out next door neighbors were Italian...the Capitanos. I can still taste Mrs. Capitano's manicotti. If I was any ethnicity other than pure, driven cracker, I'd want to be Italian. The food, the cars, the women. Did I mention the food. Mamma mia.

The food, yes.
The women, maybe. Some were just plain ugly in The Godfather.
The cars, I'm gonna need a picture.

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 11:23 PM

You're not familiar with Lambourghini, Ferrari, or Maserati?

Richard
30-08-2004, 11:26 PM
You're not familiar with Lambourghini, Ferrari, or Maserati?

Ferrari yes. In that case, nevermind the whole cars bit.

Kelsey
31-08-2004, 02:09 AM
My grandmother is from Italy, and my mom is annoying and acts like she is. When I was really really little, I was spoken to more in Italian than English. I know little things now, and can understand enough that it surprises me, but not enough to start yapping in Italian. But because it's my mother's side of the family, I refuse to acknowledge my Italian heritage.

hasselbrad
31-08-2004, 12:26 PM
The food, yes.
The women, maybe. Some were just plain ugly in The Godfather.

http://www.web-cars.com/gto/98-23s.JPG

Ferrari 250 GTO

http://www.sophialoren.com/images/photos/black/lors19.jpg

Sophia Loren...in her prime, of course.

Nova Desty
31-08-2004, 01:21 PM
But because it's my mother's side of the family, I refuse to acknowledge my Italian heritage.

Why?

I'm Italian at all, I live in Bolzano Novarese, "near" Milano. I suggest to visit Venice (Venezia), Rome (Roma), la Toscana, la Puglia, in general all Italy.
Exactly as i supposed Italy is known only for his food and for its car, and a common idea is that we are very touchy! In part is true, in part. :)
If someone want to speack italian with me can send me an e-mail or PM me, see you later! :wave:

hasselbrad
31-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm Italian at all, I live in Bolzano Novarese, "near" Milano. I suggest to visit Venice (Venezia), Rome (Roma), la Toscana, la Puglia, in general all Italy.
Exactly as i supposed Italy is known only for his food and for its car, and a common idea is that we are very touchy! In part is true, in part. :)
If someone want to speack italian with me can send me an e-mail or PM me, see you later! :wave:

Ciao...when the food is that good and the cars are Ferraris...can you really blame me for thinking that way.