PDA

View Full Version : America is a mistake, a giant mistake

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Freud was a smart smart man, wasn't he?

I agree...America is a mistake and us Brits should take it back...we did give it to the yanks after all...who was to know the idiots would bungle it into a successful country?

I mean it's been said that "America is the best half-educated country in the world." and I agree...but imagine what it could be if the well educated British took it back, init?

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:18 AM
You think that, hazz, and tell us how you're going to retake back the country.

Agreed, america in general can't decide on something, in general were fucking stupid.
as an individual, I think that a PERSON from america is smart, but in a GROUP, were retarded.

duckula
23-08-2004, 12:18 AM
America is cool. They have the most shelf space per capita of anywhere in the world. Pluss they have a totally sweet space program.

apoggy
23-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Not to mention the whole gun thing frank

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Agreed, america in general can't decide on something, in general were fucking stupid.
as an individual, I think that a PERSON from america is smart, but in a GROUP, were retarded.

You're all just retarded...

America is cool. They have the most shelf space per capita of anywhere in the world. Pluss they have a totally sweet space program.

True...shelf space is in such short supply...and the space program rules...they also have more nukes than us...and they let you have guns...and they have all those holidays...good for us lazy folks...and sweet sweet American Pie ;) Hmmm... :icon_idea

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:23 AM

FINALLY, a positive remark on america. True, they do have a cool space program, but it will suck once people who have the money just bribe there way onto a space mission.

calereneau
23-08-2004, 12:23 AM
America's topsoil is incredible as well. Except in Alaska...Alaska's topsoil sucks some raging nuttage.

Richard
23-08-2004, 12:25 AM

We do don't we. We are talking about NASA right?

Too bad, America is ours now. Though this can turn into an interesting discussion, like said before... I'd like to know how?

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:26 AM
America's topsoil is incredible as well. Except in Alaska...Alaska's topsoil sucks some raging nuttage.

Hadn't considered the topsoil argument...hmmm...nope...America still sucks :p

The guns are cool though...but we could just liberalise our own gun laws...and if we took back America WE would have THEIR space program...imagine it Ducky...the moon...with a Union Jack on it ;)

As for how with Ducky's military precision and the sheer greatness of Great Britain (it's not called Great America, is it now?)...we can't fail...we have some of the best troops in the world don't ya know? I mean it's not even just the SAS...we just man for man OWN. We could ally with the French for numbers (shove their men up the front to die like bitches) like we did with the yanks in WWII and they'd be up for it as they hate the yanks...

duckula
23-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Guns are cool. Shooting stupid people is better.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:28 AM
...and if we took back America WE would have THEIR space program...imagine it Ducky...the moon...with a Union Jack on it ;)

And I bet you two will be the first up there, eh?
Good luck with the training, my friend.

apoggy
23-08-2004, 12:29 AM

but that all depends on the person that you are shooting

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:30 AM

Truth...mods round here should have the power to shoot people somehow...dunno how we'd work it, but there should be a way...we need your genius here Ducky...ideas?

And I bet you two will be the first up there, eh?
Good luck with the training, my friend.

Course we would...of course Ducky'd be first...but I'd be cool with that :)

but that all depends on the person that you are shooting

Filthy mancs would be first on my list ;)

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Truth...mods round here should have the power to shoot people somehow...dunno how we'd work it, but there should be a way...we need your genius here Ducky...ideas?

Consult the Riddler, and his TV box.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Consult the Riddler, and his TV box.

PLAN...I put Frodo in charge of this experiment...wait...he's an American...no...he'll cock it up...fuck that!

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:35 AM
PLAN...I put Frodo in charge of this experiment...wait...he's an American...no...he'll cock it up...fuck that!

go to hell.

I had the whole plan on how to shoot people through the computer, and you spat in my face.
Wait, so my Idea did work! AHA!!!

bryan
23-08-2004, 12:45 AM
I'd have to say that America is one of the worst countries amongst those that were started in some way by the British. The better alternatives would be Canada and Australia. Either that or just go straight to the main land and join the "put America back in able hands" revolution.

Richard
23-08-2004, 12:47 AM
I'd have to say that America is one of the worst countries amongst those that were started in some way by the British. The better alternatives would be Canada and Australia. Either that or just go straight to the main land and join the "put America back in able hands" revolution.

Here Here... I choose Canada. Less crime.

apoggy
23-08-2004, 12:48 AM
I dont give two shits about America, I live in the greatest country ever.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Here Here... I choose Canada. Less crime.

More beer, though, so I guess that's a trade-off.

Seriously, I agree with apoggy on England being the "greatest country ever"

Three things that makes it supreme emperor of all things evil and holy:

1. The fish and chips
2. the REAL football
3. Keira Knightley's home-country

win-win-win situation.

bryan
23-08-2004, 12:55 AM
We might as well make another thread about how great England is.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:55 AM

This is a smart American...shock horror :icon_surp

I dont give two shits about America, I live in the greatest country ever.

Truth. Not the best part of the country though ;)

bryan
23-08-2004, 01:05 AM
This is a smart American...shock horror :icon_surp

Smart American meaning England-loving Asian male who has only lived in his "great" country for a few painful years.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Smart American meaning England-loving Asian male who has only lived in his "great" country for a few painful years.

Ahhh...that explains the smarts then :)

Jacoby
23-08-2004, 01:14 AM
You're such a cunt for starting this thread, Hazzle. Seriously...now all sorts of Americans are going to suck your dick because they want to seek acceptance by some British people. Hey, confused Americans...These British kids aren't worth it, stop sucking their dicks. And American football is more rough than English football....seriously, if you disagree, you're a fucking retard. The intensity chart reads as follows: Rugby > American football > English football....(I'm only sayig this because someone called American football the 'pussy version' of football. Ha!) I hate you, Hazzle, for starting this thread to piss people off. I love you, Apoggy, for wearing sweatpants and not being ashamed of it. Maybe if some of the English people weren't so douche about taxation a while ago, you'd be in New York telling about how Brits in NY are so much more posh than the Brits in London, Hazzle. You're just pissed because England is about as big as a quarter of Texas. :fencing:

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Somebody's angry....

What's wrong with liking England? I think it's really cool, and since I've BEEN there, I have justification in my remarks, not someone who hasen't been there and is saying "oh, I think Engiland roxors" just to suck up to the high command.

calereneau
23-08-2004, 01:20 AM
YES!! England is for pussies like Hugh Grant! Anyone who disagrees is a Hugh Grant-ish pussy who is jealous because America's topsoil is the bomb diggity! Eat my asshole you freaking ass clowns!

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:22 AM
You're such a cunt for starting this thread, Hazzle.

Danke sah

Seriously...now all sorts of Americans are going to suck your dick because they want to seek acceptance by some British people.

Sounds good, so long as they're female and attractive...actually fuck the attractive...if they're down there I won't be looking at their faces much.

The intensity chart reads as follows: Rugby > American football > English football....(I'm only sayig this because someone called American football the 'pussy version' of football. Ha!)

Yes, but how good are you lot at Rugby? Your yank football is a pussified Rugby...

I hate you, Hazzle, for starting this thread to piss people off.

I didn't do it for that...I wanted to promote a discussion based on an interesting quote by freud.

Maybe if some of the English people weren't so douche about taxation a while ago, you'd be in New York telling about how Brits in NY are so much more posh than the Brits in London

Heh...bollocks...I've been to NY, I'm qualified to practice in NY...I just know London > NY and so decided to come back here...but if I wanted to be in NY I would be ;)

Hazzle. You're just pissed because England is about as big as a quarter of Texas. :fencing:

And about 6 times as smart as the entire population of that "fine" state :p

YES!! England is for pussies like Hugh Grant! Anyone who disagrees is a Hugh Grant-ish pussy who is jealous because America's topsoil is the bomb diggity! Eat my asshole you freaking ass clowns!

Oh yes...he's a pussy...but he doesn't reside over here any more...we foisted him onto you yanks...gg us.

Jacoby
23-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Somebody's angry....

Somebody can point out the obvious...

What's wrong with liking England?

Nothing. I love England, it's a wonderful and beautiful country. Just some of the people there piss me off to no end. Fucking Rowan Atkinson....it's not funny! Stop making movies! (just kidding, you're the man!)

Spire
23-08-2004, 01:31 AM
I fucking hate most Brits. I don't think America is all that and a big apples either, but Brits are way too cocky.

acliff
23-08-2004, 01:32 AM
I fucking hate most Brits. I don't think America is all that and a big apples either, but Brits are way too cocky.

You mean Haz is too cocky. Especially considering he's Asian by descent :P

apoggy
23-08-2004, 01:34 AM
I like how people lump 'Brits' in one big group like we are all the same, same goes for a 'british accent'.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:36 AM
I like how people lump 'Brits' in one big group like we are all the same, same goes for a 'british accent'.

True that...but we ARE better than the Americans...yes...even you filthy Mancs.

bryan
23-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Two thirds of the American population is overweight. Nothing to be proud of.

Richard
23-08-2004, 01:42 AM

And it's a sin.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Given your tiny brains that makes that figure even more astounding ;)

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 01:43 AM
True that...but we ARE better than the Americans...yes...

This can only be decided by playing the sport of gods:
BADMINTON

Jacoby
23-08-2004, 01:43 AM

Yeah, who would be proud of prosperity?

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Yeah, who would be proud of prosperity?

Can one call it prosperity when you owe the world so much that if they were to all call in their loans you'd be bankrupted? Building a fortune on huge loans which have yet to be repaid isn't saying much :D

CFC
23-08-2004, 01:58 AM
I must have mixxed the memo that it is cool to hate America.

well....

America sux!

Spire
23-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Another thing I hate about Brits: They take insults way, way too seriously. Have some tea or something, quit worrying about what "Us dumb Americans" say. We don't know anything right? Why should you even be bothered to read what we post.

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Maybe America sucks in NC, but here in H-Town, it is very nice. That is right Calereneau, hold it down for H-Town.

Why are we fighting like this?

America and Britain are ALLIES!!! We should talk about how much Afghanistan sucks or how much Colombia sucks. Why all the misguided hatred Haz?

Spire
23-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Fuck it, I'm moving to Zanzibar.

DefyingGravity
23-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Don't hate our country, hate who's running it. The rest of us do. :) Good luck trying to take back America. Bush will bomb the hell out of you if you try.

Olive_Oil
23-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Hey Hazzle, why are you saying this stuff? Do you really think in the future this thread will matter? It's a total waste of you're time so why do it? And yes I agree with some of these things that you have said or are implying: America is very over-rated and most of us are not that intelligent... but why are you saying this about all Americans? You shouldn't group people like that because maybe some of us are independent, maybe some of us are more intelligent then you truley think. If you want to insult some one, insult individualy because not all of us are what you say. Now, don't take this as an insult it just really annoys me when people do that. It is like me saying "All Brits are snobby posh self-centered idiots who only think of themselves" But I know that isn't true because I know some British people and they are the nicest persons I have met! :icon_poke

Josher
23-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Haz, I smell jealousy. Also, for teh record, Freud was a child molestor. He raped his daughter on multiple occasions. He said his dreams told him to http://forums.epithett.com/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif .

Jacoby
23-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Don't hate our country, hate who's running it. The rest of us do. :) Good luck trying to take back America. Bush will bomb the hell out of you if you try.

If it weren't for war, Iraqs footballers wouldn't be doing so well in the olympics...because they wouldn't have the privilege to be there. War is neccesary for peace. Bush isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I really hate Michael Moore...he's such an idiot.

Hey Hazzle, why are you saying this stuff? Do you really think in the future this thread will matter? It's a total waste of you're time so why do it? And yes I agree with some of these things that you have said or are implying: America is very over-rated and most of us are not that intelligent... but why are you saying this about all Americans? You shouldn't group people like that because maybe some of us are independent, maybe some of us are more intelligent then you truley think. If you want to insult some one, insult individualy because not all of us are what you say. Now, don't take this as an insult it just really annoys me when people do that. It is like me saying "All Brits are snobby posh self-centered idiots who only think of themselves" But I know that isn't true because I know some British people and they are the nicest persons I have met!
Haz is just being a bitch. I'm american, and I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him...in a non-gay way of course. Though, you're very correct, Olive...Only the young Brits are stuck up and annoying, And not all of them are posh..Apoggy wears sweatpants for God's sake. Sweat pants....all the time.

Kelsey
23-08-2004, 05:23 AM
I love you Jacoby :)

I agree with everything he's said. There's a lot of shit on this forum that pisses me off, but nothing more than the Americans who jump on the "I hate America" bandwagon. That's just....horrible and offensive. You people don't realize how lucky you have it.

Mandy
23-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Ok so another "America sucks" thread? I love you too Haz.

Fuck Off.

deviljet88
23-08-2004, 08:15 AM
I've always tried to make my so called "Anti-American" spiels so its only abusive to George Bush and his cronies. Does that still offend you Americans?

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 09:48 AM

I don't hate America...I just think it's failing...potential's there to be great...but the retarded Americans keep ruinating it. We need to reeducate you lot...give you some class and intelligence...oh, and a stiff upper lip...an ability to take a joke at your country's expense would be good too...sense of humour and all that...

Hey Hazzle, why are you saying this stuff? Do you really think in the future this thread will matter? It's a total waste of you're time so why do it? And yes I agree with some of these things that you have said or are implying: America is very over-rated and most of us are not that intelligent... but why are you saying this about all Americans?

I don't care if the thread matters...and my time is a pretty useless commodity anyways it seems...I get no respect for putting it in in constructive ways so why not have a laugh with it? :p Y'see that's all this is...a laugh...and you lot need to grow a fucking sense of humour.

Oh...and I'm saying it about all Americans as you're all retarded, as proven by the fact not ONE of you (apart from Jacoby) spotted this was a joke :D

Haz, I smell jealousy. Also, for teh record, Freud was a child molestor. He raped his daughter on multiple occasions. He said his dreams told him to http://forums.epithett.com/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif .

I'm a child molester...and my dreams did tell me to...your point?

Liam
23-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Normally I'd inject some bile and venom onto both sides of this argument, but its such a tired topic that I honestly can't be fucked.

Sarah
23-08-2004, 10:36 AM
America and Britain are ALLIES!!! We should talk about how much Afghanistan sucks

Afghanistan is cool, though. :(

A few months ago I would have joined in on all this America sucks stuff, but I don't do that anymore.

CFC
23-08-2004, 12:29 PM
According to Nation Master:
America:
1st in the world for for

* Agriculture - Banana imports
* Agriculture - Cotton exports
* Agriculture - Grains - Coarse grain consumption (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Coarse grain production (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Coarse grain stocks (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Corn consumption (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Corn production (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Corn stocks (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Oats imports (per capita)
* Agriculture - Grains - Sorghum exports (per capita)
* Crime - Adults prosecuted
* Crime - Adults prosecuted (per capita)
* Crime - Assaults
* Crime - Burglaries
* Crime - Car thefts
* Crime - Females prosecuted
* Crime - Females prosecuted (per capita)
* Crime - Prisoners
* Crime - Prisoners (per capita)
* Crime - Rapes
* Crime - Total crimes
* Democracy - Presidential elections - Total vote
* Democracy - Presidential elections - Voter registration
* Democracy - Presidential elections - Voting age population
* Economy - Budget (expenditures)
* Economy - Budget (revenues)
* Economy - Debt - external
* Economy - Economic importance
* Economy - Exports
* Economy - Foreign investment
* Economy - Foreign investment (share)
* Economy - GDP
* Economy - GDP (PPP)
* Economy - GDP in 1970
* Economy - GDP per capita in 1950
* Economy - Gross National Income
* Economy - Imports
* Economy - Infrastructure
* Economy - Innovation
* Education - Average years of schooling of adults
* Education - Literacy - Adults with at least moderate literacy (female)
* Education - Teacher qualifications - Share with degree (age 9)
* Education - Tertiary enrolment
* Energy - Electricity - consumption
* Energy - Electricity - production
* Energy - Hydroelectricity consumption in 1965
* Energy - Natural gas consumption
* Energy - Nuclear electricity generation
* Energy - Nuclear energy consumption
* Energy - Nuclear reactors operable
* Energy - Nuclear reactors operable (MWe)
* Energy - Nuclear reactors uranium required
* Energy - Oil consumption
* Energy - Oil imports {net}
* Environment - CO2 Emissions
* Environment - Pollution - Carbon dioxide 1999
* Environment - Pollution - Carbon Dioxide from fossil fuels 2000
* Environment - Pollution - Carbon Dioxide from fossil fuels 2000 (per capita)
* Environment - Pollution - Carbon Dioxide per capita
* Environment - Pollution - Municipal Waste per capita
* Environment - Pollution - Nuclear waste
* Environment - Threatened species
* Food - McDonalds restaurants
* Food - McDonalds restaurants (per capita)
* Health - Child maltreatment deaths
* Health - Health care funding (private per capita)
* Health - Health care funding (total per capita)
* Health - Plastic surgery procedures
* Health - Red Cross donations
* Health - Spending (per person)
* Health - Teen birth rate
* Health - Teenage pregnancy
* Health - Teenage pregnancy (per capita)
* Health - Teenage pregnancy (share)
* Immigration - New citizenships
* Industry - Light commercial vehicle production
* Internet - Hosts
* Internet - Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
* Internet - Linux web servers
* Internet - Livejournal users
* Internet - Users
* Labor - Female decision makers
* Language - English speakers
* Media - Cinemas
* Media - Films produced
* Media - Personal computers
* Media - Radios
* Media - Telephones - main lines in use
* Media - Telephones - mobile cellular
* Military - Air force personnel
* Military - Conventional arms exports
* Military - Expenditures - dollar figure
* Military - Exports to developing nations
* Military - Navy personnel
* Military - Weapon holdings
* Military - WMD - Biological (per $ GDP)
* Military - WMD - Biological (per capita)
* Military - WMD - Chemical (per $ GDP)
* Military - WMD - Chemical (per capita)
* Military - WMD - Missile (per $ GDP)
* Military - WMD - Missile (per capita)
* Military - WMD - Nuclear (per $ GDP)
* Military - WMD - Nuclear (per capita)
* Military - WMD - Overview (per $ GDP)
* Military - WMD - Overview (per capita)
* People - Divorce rate
* People - Marriage rate
* People - Nobel prize laureates
* People - One person households
* People - Teenage birth rate
* Religion - Catholic - Permanent Deacons
* Religion - Jehovahs Witnesses
* Religion - Jews
* Sports - Olympic medals - Bronze (Sydney 2000)
* Sports - Olympic medals - Gold (Sydney 2000)
* Sports - Olympic medals - Total (Sydney 2000)
* Sports - Olympic point totals {Sydney 2000}
* Sports - Summer olympic medals {all time}
* Transportation - Aircraft departures
* Transportation - Airports
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (1,524 to 2,437 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (2,438 to 3,047 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (914 to 1,523 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (over 3,047 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (total)
* Transportation - Airports - with paved runways (under 914 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with unpaved runways (914 to 1,523 m)
* Transportation - Airports - with unpaved runways (total)
* Transportation - Airports - with unpaved runways (under 914 m)
* Transportation - Highways (paved)
* Transportation - Highways (total)
* Transportation - Highways (unpaved)
* Transportation - Motor vehicles
* Transportation - Railways (standard gauge)
* Transportation - Railways (total)

Lots of good and bad.

MarkOB
23-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Strictly speaking, if we took back America, that would leave France with the Louisiana Territory and Mexico with the rest.

How awful and inexplicably embarrassing that would be for all them southerners and Texans!

kilyncw
23-08-2004, 01:17 PM
personally, after being in the military, i found that under this leadership, this country is full of shit, and i disagree with anything that happens. i plan on leaving sometime.
________
Coach Handbags (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Nahh...fuck it...nuke the world...

hasselbrad
23-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Dennis Miller says it most eloquently...

"The United States right now is simultaneously the world's most loved, hated, feared and admired nation, In short, we're Frank Sinatra. And Sinatra didn't become the Chairman of the Board laying down for punks outside the Fountainbleu."

You wanna take it back...make your move Chump-zilla. :icon_mrgr

I suggest you start out in California though. Maybe Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin can help you out. Sleddin's gonna get mighty tough when you get to Texas. And it don't get any easier as you head east. :)
God, I wish there was a gun-totin', redneck on a four wheeler smilie.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 09:51 PM
It really won't matter who is better once the machines take over in 2199.

Dyce_Blue
24-08-2004, 12:22 AM

In I, Robot, it happens sooner than that...

Long story short, it took a lot of work to get America to where it is today. The only people that should be taking it back are the Native Americans who were herded like cattle to Oklahome during Andrew Jackson's presidency. They were here long before England...

Olive_Oil
24-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Um Haz, some of us might not take this as a joke because we like our country and don't take crap from even jokes about it. Also maybe some of our fathers/brothers are in the military and fighting for this country. That's not really a joke to me when you throw insults at people who are already going through a ruff time as it is. :dontknowa :icon_jaw: :icon_Oogl :argue: :bricks: :err:

Richard
24-08-2004, 01:15 AM
I think attacking Haz is no longer needed, the guy is officially gone to the point of no return. It's really no fun bashing someone when they can't talk back. But hey, like poggs said... he'll be back.

Without a doubt.

EDIT: I changed my mind, this is afterall a discussion.

EmotionSickness
24-08-2004, 01:18 AM
My favorite part was the bit about how the Brits just gave us this land. Weee.

calereneau
24-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Hey, bottom line is that America's topsoil is so bad ass that England couldn't top it if their entire countryside was egg shells and miracle grow.
Can't we just agree that both our countries suck ass (England more, of course) but not near as much assage as France? I mean, come on! Their topsoil is about as fertile as my semen in a sauna.

frodo1511
24-08-2004, 01:56 AM
[COLOR=Navy]In I, Robot, it happens sooner than that...

Naw, I don't consider that taking over the world material. Only Skynet and "the machines"(matrix, people) have really only been the two successful android-class overtakers in recent memory, and the best in the business.

alby
24-08-2004, 07:07 AM
America is a mistake. No one thought the colonials would have beaten the British -- of course, with help from the French.

kilyncw
24-08-2004, 12:51 PM
england seemed like such a beautiful place from afar until one day i saw how miserable things really are all fantastic images they only are apparent propagated just by hope and desire to share it beauty was the allure that brought me close to you loneliness was the bond that made me stick like glue all fantastic images they only are apparent promoted by desperate hope that things are somewhere better i don't have a thing against fantasy but to chase it down just doesn't make sense to me if your only hope is simply peace and love you end up discarding most of what you're made of what you're made of... all fantastic images they only are apparent promoted by desperate hope that things are somewhere better

pretty much saying, england is shit, and wants to be like the u.s., why do you want to be like the u.s. and don't deny it. this place is shit too, just not as bad.

isso facto england will forever the united states' back yard economically.

but i don't feel that we are the best country, i hate the so called "american way"

our leadership is a piece of shit.
________
PRILOSEC SICKNESS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

MarkOB
24-08-2004, 07:58 PM

Ah, but the big question is: who will make the machines....?

(That's got you thinking, hasn't it?!) :icon_conf :err:

Spire
24-08-2004, 08:01 PM
SkyNet of course.

MarkOB
24-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Um Haz, some of us might not take this as a joke because we like our country and don't take crap from even jokes about it. Also maybe some of our fathers/brothers are in the military and fighting for this country. That's not really a joke to me when you throw insults at people who are already going through a ruff time as it is.

That's very sweet, but when people make jokes about another country, they often don't expect to get nuked for the pleasure.

MarkOB
24-08-2004, 09:08 PM
pretty much saying, england is shit, and wants to be like the u.s., why do you want to be like the u.s. and don't deny it. this place is shit too, just not as bad.

isso facto england will forever the united states' back yard economically.

but i don't feel that we are the best country, i hate the so called "american way"

our leadership is a piece of shit.

So what's left then? Communism? Islamic fundamentalism?

EDIT: Do I get poo-pooed now for posting twice in a row or do you let me off for good behaviour :) ?

frodo1511
24-08-2004, 09:54 PM
SkyNet of course.

Touche, spire.
Either that, or our computers will unplug themselves from our house and rebel.

AureaMediocritas
25-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Nationalism is a sign of immaturity... ; it is never beneficial !

ChocolateMoose
25-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Seriously, I agree with apoggy on England being the "greatest country ever"

Me too! Though did you mean England, or Great Britain as a whole? England rules though, come on! :D

2. the REAL football

Aaah, yes. I hate it when they babble on about soccer - its FOOTBALL people. Also, America has dodgy laws about drinking...21!?

Jacoby
25-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Aaah, yes. I hate it when they babble on about soccer - its FOOTBALL people. Also, America has dodgy laws about drinking...21!?

Thanks for the insight. :icon_err:
'Soccer' is just a name. It's not like we tell you to call it that, call it what you want. It's still the same game. Get over it.

England is pretty much the same fucking thing as America. People need to realize this. Aside from spelling and a few minor things, the American people are just like English people. Same problems and troubles....that goes with plenty of other countries as well. I hate nationalism. Some of you people sound like idiots.

alby
25-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Nationalism is a sign of immaturity... ; it is never beneficial !

That's not necessarily true. The world isn't black and white.

MarkOB
25-08-2004, 07:59 PM
That's not necessarily true. The world isn't black and white.

Yeah. Nationalism is one of those things that is bred by peoples' and nations' experiences.

I am more of a nationalist than, perhaps, the average German, because I'm British and I'm proud of how we stood in defiance against the Third Reich in the Second World War. But, quite obviously, the average German would be horrified if someone they knew was very nationalistic, because Germany is a country scarred by the war, even sixty years later.

They're just starting to come to terms with it. There was an article in one of the less good British papers today about how Germans are starting to treat their history differently, and coming to terms with the Holocaust and with Hitler. But there are those who fear it will give rise to neo-Nazism in their country.

I repeat: nationalism is one of those things that is bred by peoples' and nations' experiences.

AureaMediocritas
25-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Allow me to remark that you possibly confused nationalism and patriotism ?
In my opinion, patriotism -the pride of living in a certain country, the love of the country in question and the intention of protecting it (in the sense of "defending against threats")- is acceptable as long as it doesn't turn into nationalism
(linked to chauvinism) , which is nothing but an extreme (excessive) kind of patriotism.
Nationalism is most likely to turn into a kind of "national arrogance" in the sense
that the own nation is perceived as superior to others : the crouts are (again)
a good example ; they still haven't learnt their lesson until now.

MarkOB
25-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Allow me to remark that you possibly confused nationalism and patriotism ?
In my opinion, patriotism -the pride of living in a certain country, the love of the country in question and the intention of protecting it (in the sense of "defending against threats")- is acceptable as long as it doesn't turn into nationalism
(linked to chauvinism) , which is nothing but an extreme (excessive) kind of patriotism.
Nationalism is most likely to turn into a kind of "national arrogance" in the sense
that the own nation is perceived as superior to others : the crouts are (again)
a good example ; they still haven't learnt their lesson until now.

The two often run side by side. The two are practically euphemisms. But nationalism is perhaps a little more powerful and a little more blind than patriotism.

AureaMediocritas
25-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Patriotism isn't really necessary and it isn't dangerous either... It is acceptable.

Nationalism can cause World Wars (see: The Great War) , it is frightening and
absurde... It seems despicable.

MarkOB
25-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Patriotism isn't really necessary and it isn't dangerous either... It is acceptable.

Nationalism can cause World Wars (see: The Great War) , it is frightening and
absurde... It seems despicable.

Let's assume for this post that nationalism is BAD and patriotism is GOOD.

Some people might suggest that it's nationalism (bad) for someone to fly their flag in their back garden. Others might say it's patriotism (good).

But it seems rare that nationalism causes war, because most people are sensible enough about it. And it's not as though nationalism was the only cause of the Great War. My opinion is that the lack of nationalism - the lack of any great zeal to win the war, on any side - was why it lasted so long and that war was not 'over by Christmas'.

I notice that you're from Luxembourg, and that might explain how it is that people have different views of patriotism/nationalism. You are at the centre of the EU. You saw the true horror of the Nazis in your own country.

Whereas I am something of an outcast at the EU - a little island that's lost its place. And my country spent years with the Nazis on our doorstep and we had to almost stare them down at times.

And then you have America, which came in the war late and trounced all the opposition then rebuilt Japan and Germany into economic powerhouses.

That explains why someone from the Benelux region, someone from Britain and someone for America are always bound to see patriotism in different ways.

But I do accept there's a difference between patriotism and nationalism, but the only real difference is the zeal with which both of them talk. A patriot, to me, speaks poetically about his country, whereas a nationalist is much more militaristic terms, if I can put it so crudely.

But most people are sensible and wise enough (especially with the lessons World War II has taught us) not to see their country as the be-all and end-all. Most people are wise enough not to think of their race or their nation as the most superior.

(Wow, I can't remember where I am after all that!)

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 12:46 AM
We learned some horrible things about England today in history...

I thought that the slavery stuff in the US was bad back in the day, but...

according to an Author/Ph.D in History, the English (and to a smaller extent, the Portuguese) either killed or enslaved 45,000,000 of the estimated 50,000,000 native inhabitants of the Americas in the 1600's. They would give the Indians garments and rations infected with smallpox. This is an early form of chemical warfare.

They also brought siphilis back to the old world by raping infected Indians.

Oh yeah, and y'all really lucked out against the Spanish Armada...

England has made some major mistakes. If it weren't for a raging storm on the English Channel, we would all be speaking Spanish (even though I do anyway...)

CFC
26-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Arguing stuff like this is the same as running a race in the Special Olympics......

If you win you are still retarded.

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Arguing stuff like this is the same as running a race in the Special Olympics......

It's just the medal I'm interested in...

MarkOB
26-08-2004, 01:00 PM

according to an Author/Ph.D in History, the English (and to a smaller extent, the Portuguese) either killed or enslaved 45,000,000 of the estimated 50,000,000 native inhabitants of the Americas in the 1600's. They would give the Indians garments and rations infected with smallpox. This is an early form of chemical warfare.

England has made some major mistakes. If it weren't for a raging storm on the English Channel, we would all be speaking Spanish (even though I do anyway...)

Yeah, but it does all mean we can teach you Americans a few lessons in life - like how it's a bad idea to go to war when three quarters of the world thinks you're just being arrogant.

(And the Spanish Armada was one of the finest points of our history - the Catholic Spanish sent a flotilla to invade our shores and we destroyed them and then made sure they went home with a present so we sent them all the way north around the British Isles so most of them died! Pure genius!! And Elizabeth I, woah!!)

Anyway, history is always propagandized. It's just that some people put in more of it than others.

kilyncw
26-08-2004, 01:01 PM

haha that's funny, but so true. i will argue my point as to why i don't like our own country though, and am still wondering why other countries come to us for help, and wonder why foreigners want to be here so much.

maybe cause i have yet to experience elsewhere in the world. but i will eventually. and then perhaps my opinion on our country will change. but right now what i am going through, i don't think the u.s. is as great as we are made out to be.

not arguing nationalism and saying we are better or worse than anything, just my opinion on the u.s.
________
Hawaii Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

MarkOB
26-08-2004, 01:03 PM
haha that's funny, but so true. i will argue my point as to why i don't like our own country though, and am still wondering why other countries come to us for help, and wonder why foreigners want to be here so much.

It's because you are the coolest. You are the best. And we all love you. It's just that some of us are mature enough to admit that, whilst the French President prefers to behave like a child instead.

hasselbrad
26-08-2004, 01:09 PM

I learned that about smallpox on a recent trip to St. Augustine with my daughter. I am so proud of my ancestors!

calereneau
27-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Honestly thought, without bias...everyone here has to admit that America's topsoil is Grade A, hands down, the best topsoil on the planet. Don't argue the indesputable fact. Our topsoil is the bomb!

apoggy
27-08-2004, 12:09 AM
I hate your topsoil, a bit gritty, easily gets stuck between your teeth.

frodo1511
27-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Plus it's worm-infested, and only grapes are good to grow in it.

apoggy
27-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Our topsoil is the bomb!

terrorists!!

calereneau
27-08-2004, 01:47 AM
terrorists!!
ha ha!