PDA

View Full Version : Worth 6 bucks?

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm taking a stab at everyone here: The summer movie season has officially ended :icon_surp :mad:

With that, I'm now taking the time to give out my picks for, drum roll please,...

THE BEST MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!!!

As many of you know(or don't know) I tend to root for the underdog of things(Coldplay in the Grammy's, ROTK in the Oscars) so my pick/s for the best movie goes to:

King Arthur: Whew, where should I begin? This movie has so much potential, I honestly thought I was watching the Two Towers again, it's that good. I enjoyed the ensamble cast, in the fact that there was no single person who lead through the entire picture(although Clive Owen did a good job playing Arthur) Oh, and I guess Keira did a mediocre performance;) Sure, with the rating cut, the whole "no Camelot, magic, gayness parts" and lots of the movie was scraped(hold your breath, Disney is releasing the cutted footage for the DVD, thank moses), people tended to give it more negative than positive reviews, but I still think it was better than it turned out to be. The graphics were nice, especially the wintery backgrounds, and the epic fight scene at the end was, well, epic. A sleeper hit that could've been so much more.

I, Robot: I was going to this movie, thinking it was crap, and did a complete 180 when I left: I LOVED this movie. First off, don't write it off thinking it's a mindless summer popcorn flick: it makes you think. Coupled with AMAZING graphics(using the same tech. as what WETA used for in Gollum), and some of Will Smith's best, and you have a decent sci-fi summer release. Althought I don't think the world will be THAT advanced in thirty years, the producers did give us a look at what the world is heading to. Only bad part: we may never get our hands on that sexy Audi :mad:

Collateral: Man, was this an adrenaline-rush. Tom Cruise, as a BAD GUY?! Who've thunk it? He was amazing, and Jamie Foxx was also spectacular. The story was top-notch, in a sense that you'r in a mafia-esque world, with a guy that is a genuine hit man. I enjoyed the backdrop that was LA(especially the sky-to-ground shots; very hip), but I still would'nt want to live there.

Other Notables:

Spider-Man 2, The Village, The Bourne Supremacy, Shrek 2.

Well, there's my thoughts, collaborate with your fellow peers, and holler if you agree/disagree.

duckula
22-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Have seen none of them. I really want to see Collateral though, Michael Mann is king.

mufiman
22-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I think there should be room for one more week before the summer officially ends, with two interesting movies coming out ["hero" and "suspect zero"]

My Picks:

Collateral- Probably the best movie of the summer. Tom Cruise is top-notch and owns the hitman role. Jamie Foxx was also really great as the cab driver. the movie was entertaining all the way through with plenty of thrills. oh and mark ruffalo looked like a complete badass in this movie, that was cool, especially after seeing him as a complete nerd in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. For fans of Heat, or michael mann, this is a must-see.

The Manchurian Candidate- i thought this was really good. some say it was boring, but i thought it was suspensful and engaging all the way. Denzel washington was good. the story was wonderful, and the conspiracy was great, having Liev shreiber [sp?] and denzel caught in the middle of it all. the only problem i had with it was the confusing ending.

i dont know about KA and I,robot though. i didnt care for either of those.

others:
Bourne supremacy, harold and kumar go to white castle, anchorman, dodgeball.

i have not seen Napolean Dynamite or Garden State, but a lot of people have said they were great.

bad bad bad movies:
'Exorcist the beginning' was by far the worst movie of the summer, if not the entire year. Alien v Predator trails this, followed by the village. thats just me though.

Richard
22-08-2004, 11:33 PM
To be honest, I hardly go to the cinema. If I'm lucky I could go at least three times a year, so I say every movie I do see is worth six bucks.

The Day After Tomorrow
Van Helsing

Two possible shit-films, but worth it.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Have seen none of them. I really want to see Collateral though, Michael Mann is king.

Pffft...Heat was gay...discuss.

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 11:39 PM
The Day After Tomorrow
Van Helsing

Two possible shit-films, but worth it.

Meh, they wern't too terribly bad films, I just wen't for the special effects, kinda like I saw AvP just for the effects:P

Haz: I don't know how gay Heat it/was, since I've never seen it, but my ninja spies say it's really good, so I'm undecided as of the moment.

Jacoby
22-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Garden State was the best film of the summer, without a doubt. Napoleon Dynamite comes in second.

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Garden State was the best film of the summer, without a doubt. Napoleon Dynamite comes in second.

I hate you. :mad:
I'm too poor to drive an hour to see them both :mad:

duckula
22-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Pffft...Heat was gay...discuss.

Shut your mouth you filthy, cretinous whore. Heat is one of the finest films in modern cinema and you are a wretched scrote who should be thrown to a pack of slavering rapist pigs.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Shut your mouth you filthy, cretinous whore. Heat is one of the finest films in modern cinema and you are a wretched scrote who should be thrown to a pack of slavering rapist pigs.

I've told you before...I'm NOT coming round for dinner round your place ;)

Heat sucks...but Ali and The Last of the Mohicans were good...and Manhunter was SO much better than Red Dragon...so perhaps Collateral will be too...I've heard good things and I like Tom Cruise's work, especially Last Samurai.

duckula
22-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Heat was great. Anyone who says otherwise has rabies AIDS.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:01 AM
round ...I've heard good things and I like Tom Cruise's work, especially Last Samurai.

Yes, Collateral was awesome. His performance was even better than in the Last Samurai, if you can believe it.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Heat was great. Anyone who says otherwise has rabies AIDS.

Yes, but only cos I slept with your mum.

Heat sucks...

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:22 AM
...Cold is better:P

anywho, did anyone see Open Water? IMO, I thought that this movie would be the last, good summer movie(I drew the cut-off line at Aug.20th, I don't care how good Hero will be, school started, so I'm forced to leave it out)

mufiman
23-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Heat sucks...

hmm, instead of saying a movie sucks and asking us to discuss it, why dont you explain WHY you think it sucks.

i thought 'Heat' was an excellent movie, starring two of the best actors ever, Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, DeNiro playing the cool con, Pacino the Over-the-top loudmouth cop, with many cool supporting characters. Mann gives us both sides of the story, with the good guy/bad guy stories and with that, creates a mighty long movie [3 hours?]. the gripping story itself is just an epic crime thriller and the action scenes are probably the most memorable. the best of the movie though, was the crazy shootout towards the halfway point in the movie, which was about 10 minutes of the madness. Heat was just a cool, awesome movie, and i would care to hear why you think it sucks.

Edit:
i dont want to be raped for not staying on topic, so...

open water: heard it was good, didnt see it yet.
Harry potter movie: it was alright, better than the other two, and one of the big blockbusters of the summer.

apoggy
23-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I saw the Village to day and although it wasnt the best film I'll ever see I disagree with people saying it is a bad film.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:26 AM
I saw the Village to day and although it wasnt the best film I'll ever see I disagree with people saying it is a bad film.

Only reason people thought it sucked is because they were too stupid to understand the meaning. All they wanted was monsters, and were upset with the "result"

apoggy
23-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Exactly, if you take it for what it is, and not a 'thriller' with monsters it has a genius plot. After all Shyamalan is famed for his twist

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Exactly, if you take it for what it is, and not a 'thriller' with monsters it has a genius plot. After all Shyamalan is famed for his twist

Speaking of plot twist's, did anyone enjoy I, Robot's? I though it was cool, when Sonny drew that picture of Spooner(funniest name ever) as the savior to the robots, but I found it exciting as to who the REAL savior in the picture was.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 12:39 AM
hmm, instead of saying a movie sucks and asking us to discuss it, why dont you explain WHY you think it sucks.

i thought 'Heat' was an excellent movie, starring two of the best actors ever, Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino,

That's why I thought it sucked...both put in turgid performances that were crap compared to their other work...noone in the cast did very well at all...and a decent script was raped by abysmal acting and shit directing...

For me BOTH Pacino and De Niro sucked, but De Niro was at least passable...watching Pacino was almost as bad as being raped by a constipated Gorilla.

Back on topic...Mann's done enough good work to make up for Heat and suggest Collateral will be good, but we've not had it here yet so I can't judge :)

Probably off to see Dodgeball this weekend...not seen the Village yet...probably will wait til it's on DVD as I prefer watching psychological thriller types at home...plus Shyamalan's films often have complexities to them that I miss in the cinema but spot when I'm at home...I much prefer to watch a more complex movie like that REALLY intensely, as twists are only really much fun if you're looking for one and then get taken on a whole new direction...

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 12:47 AM
...probably will wait til it's on DVD as I prefer watching psychological thriller types at home...

Me too, I get scared easily.

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Me too, I get scared easily.

I don't...fuck fear...drink beer (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=681)

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 03:02 AM
The Dyce Academy Nominees for best Action movie of the summer (Because that is what I saw the most of) are...

Spiderman 2

The Bourne Supremacy

I, Robot

King Arthur

The DYCEY goes to...

SPIDERMAN 2 - The best reviewed film of the summer, and the highest-grossing movie of the summer. Spiderman 2 flawlessly blended action and plot, all the while developing intriguing characters with varied personalities.

Runner Up - TIE The Bourne Supremacy, I, Robot...
(I'm not very decisive)

The nominees for best OTHER movie of the summer are...

Napolean Dynamite

The Village

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Hero (Chinese Version)

...And the DYCEY goes to...

NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE - This movie will go down in history as one of the most illogically funny movies of all. The terrific character development aids the somewhat slow story while giving us something to laugh about also (Even if Spire doesn't agree with me)

Runner Up - Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.

Spire
23-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Collateral is the best film of the summer, hands down. Just go see it. And Napolean Dynamite wasn't that funny. I think I ranted about this someplace else. I believe your opinion on this movie will heavily influenced by your social status during the grade school years. I knew people like Napolean personally (they were much smarter than he is though), and didn't find the movie funny at all (with a few exceptions). However, I went with a few other people who put themselves above "geeks" like Napolean in grade school and thought the movie was hilarious.

i thought 'Heat' was an excellent movie, starring two of the best actors ever, Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, DeNiro playing the cool con, Pacino the Over-the-top loudmouth cop, with many cool supporting characters. Mann gives us both sides of the story, with the good guy/bad guy stories and with that, creates a mighty long movie [3 hours?]. the gripping story itself is just an epic crime thriller and the action scenes are probably the most memorable. the best of the movie though, was the crazy shootout towards the halfway point in the movie, which was about 10 minutes of the madness. Heat was just a cool, awesome movie, and i would care to hear why you think it sucks.

I agree with this, I really like Heat. The final scene between De Niro and Pacino at the airport was great.

Pygmalion
23-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Well as half the movies you're talking about haven't made it to our arsehole of a town yet, I can't really commment. But the best movie I saw this "summer" (or winter) was Goodbye Lenin at the foreign Film festival.
Was one fo the best movies I've ever seen...and good study for my first major exam (NOT)

Kelsey
23-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Napoleon Dynamite!!! Awesome movie!

And I liked the Village as well. I don't think it was the best movie of the summer, but I just wanted to comment on it. I love Shyamalan and his plot twists, but unfortunately, he wasn't the first to come up with this one (or at least that's what will be decided in an upcoming trial). Anyone read a little book called "Out of Time"? I believe I mentioned it walking out of the theater. Anyways, I liked the Village, people are just stupid.

And I haven' seen Heat, but I've heard it's great. I believe it.

Renegade
23-08-2004, 06:14 AM
I've only seen about half the summer's movies so I can't really make a fair judgement. But from what I have seen...

Spiderman 2
Great mix of action and story. Showed Peter as a real person with real problems. Emotional conflicts plus cold hard action= great summer movie:p.

Dodgeball
Just a funny slapstick comedy. Lots and lots of laughs. Probably the best laughs of the summer, aside from Anchorman and Harold and Kumar.

KA was ok at best. Me just liked the battle scene on the icefront.

Jacoby
23-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Anyone read a little book called "Out of Time"? .

I thought it was called "Running Out of Time"? Anyways, yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I hope M. Night loses the trial..he completely nicked the plot from that novel.

You all really need to see Garden State.

Oh, yeah. Zach Braff decided to open GS in more than 600 theatres...so you may not have to drive so far for it. And he's bringing it to England around the 23rd of October...then the rest of Europe..then the world.

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 06:19 PM
This summer movie season was terrific.

I didn't see a movie that didn't suit my fancy, except for Hero, but that is a long story.

This summer, I saw:
Spiderman 2 (A+)
The Bourne Supremacy (A)
I, Robot (B)
Napolean Dynamite (B)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (B)
The Village (B-)
King Arthur (B-)
Troy (B-, but under King Arthur on the list)
Hero (I won't spoil it for everyone)

I'm still dying to see Collateral and Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. I think the summer movie season officially ended the week that The Manchurian Candidate came out. For some reason, I lost interest in spending $8.50 to go to the movies

About I, Robot: Will Smith should receive an Ocsar nomination for his part as Det. Spooner. Without him, that movie would have been a complete waste. Can you imagine Morris Chestnut or Ice Cube trying to pull off that role? Those were the two they considered before choosing Smith.

DYCEY summers awards go to:

BEST ACTOR- Will Smith I, Robot
BEST ACTRESS- Keira Knightley King Arthur
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR- Ioan Gruffudd King Arthur
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS- Actually, I saw guy movies. There weren't many supporting actresses...

BEST DIRECTOR- M. Night Shyamalan The Village (Go fuck yourself Kyle_West)

Spire
23-08-2004, 07:58 PM

I didn't see a movie that didn't suit my fancy, except for Hero, but that is a long story.

This summer, I saw:
Spiderman 2 (A+)
The Bourne Supremacy (A)
I, Robot (B)
Napolean Dynamite (B)
The Village (B-)
King Arthur (B-)

I'm still dying to see Collateral and Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. I think the summer movie season officially ended the week that The Manchurian Candidate came out. For some reason, I lost interest in spending $8.50 to go to the movies

About I, Robot: Will Smith should receive an Ocsar nomination for his part as Det. Spooner. Without him, that movie would have been a complete waste. Can you imagine Morris Chestnut or Ice Cube trying to pull off that role? Those were the two they considered before choosing Smith.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS- Actually, I saw guy movies. There weren't many supporting actresses...

Your awards suck. I'd have to disagree with everything you said except for Keira getting Best Actress.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 09:57 PM

This summer, I saw:
Spiderman 2 (A+)
The Bourne Supremacy (A)
I, Robot (B)
Napolean Dynamite (B)
The Village (B-)
King Arthur (B-)

Good, good, but the ONLY reason Smith deserves an Oscar nod is because of the fucked up name he had: SPOONER. Every time somebody said his name in the movie, I almost died. Agree on Keira's best actress role, but for supporting actress, Bryce somebody from the Village was excellent, the glue that (wobbily) held up the movie.

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 11:04 PM
but for supporting actress, Bryce somebody from the Village was excellent, the glue that (wobbily) held up the movie.

Her name is Bryce Dallas Howard I think (That is a really boyish name). The thing about her, is that she could be considered the lead actress in the movie, as her role was much more prominent and important that Sigorney Weaver's.

If I were to choose a BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS from the movies I saw, it would be the old lady who played Aunt May in Spiderman 2. She is a very sincere and realistic old lady. She does so well, it's hard to believe there really is a midget with a voice-box problem under all those doilies and makeup accessories.

Your awards suck.

Doesn't the name of the award kind of give that away?

frodo1511
24-08-2004, 01:52 AM
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD: thank you dyce, I was nagging myself all day, trying to find out her name: I think she did a good job as the blind girl, very convincing. Although Aunt May was good in Spidey2, I thought Bryce was better.
On a much more agreeable note, I'm guessing nobody has any objections to Keira being best actress for this summer's movies?
ANYONE?!?!

Jacoby
24-08-2004, 02:51 AM
On a much more agreeable note, I'm guessing nobody has any objections to Keira being best actress for this summer's movies?
ANYONE?!?!

Who are we trying to kid here? Really?

EmotionSickness
24-08-2004, 03:00 AM
The best movie of the summer, for ME, was definitely Garden State. That's actually one of the best films of the entire year, in my opinion. As of right now, it's second on my list, only to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Back to summer flicks -- I also thoroughly enjoyed Anchorman, Napolean Dynamite, The Notebook (although I'm clearly bias, being in love with Ryan Gosling 'n all) and The Village (even though it isn't Shyamalan's best work). King Arthur was sort of iffy for me. Beautiful to look at, but the script/screenplay fell terribly short and most of the acting was pretty sub-par for me.

Hmmm. So many posts/threads here are devoted to movies. We should really consider starting some sort of cinema think tank.

Kelsey
24-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Bryce Dallas Howard is Ron Howard's daughter, so I knew she'd be great in The Village. And Jacoby, Out of Time/Running Out of Time..at least you knew the book I was talking about. It was practically the *same* story, lol. I'm trying to find the book so I can read it again.

Elijahfan
24-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Bryce Dallas Howard is Ron Howard's daughter, so I knew she'd be great in The Village. And Jacoby, Out of Time/Running Out of Time..at least you knew the book I was talking about. It was practically the *same* story, lol. I'm trying to find the book so I can read it again.

there was a small article about that in the entertainment weekly, i'm not sure if they're seeking palgerism though. when i saw the village with my friend she was telling me about the book, she had just read it. personally i didnt like the movie that much but i loved the actors in it, especailly Bryce Dallas Howard, i mean who couldn't , she's Ron Howard's daughter, he's one of my heros.

other good movies; Garden State for sure, napeolean dynamite, Hero (but i saw that a while ago in chinese, it's being released by Miramax and Quentin Tarentino i think), kill bill vol 2. spiderman was okay for me, i just don't enjoy moves that much when they get good reviews from everyone, then i too great of expectations going into the theater. :icon_popc

kilyncw
24-08-2004, 01:12 PM
dodgeball goes to the top of my list. that was a great great movie.

harold and kumar go to white castle was funny as hell.

king arthur, despite its bombing, i thought it was a great movie.

now shitty ones.

the village was the dumbest movie i've ever seen.
the exorcist wasn't worth it
avp wasn't worth it (good until the whole bonding thing, so gay)
anchorman was funny stuff but god damn ridiculous (best part, when jack black punted the dog over the bridge)
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

hasselbrad
24-08-2004, 01:19 PM
anchorman was funny stuff but god damn ridiculous (best part, when jack black punted the dog over the bridge)

I must disagree. The funniest part was the news team battle royale in the alley. That was pure comedy genius. Jack Black was funny, but anchormen and battle axes?!? Hy-fucking-sterical!

kilyncw
24-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I must disagree. The funniest part was the news team battle royale in the alley. That was pure comedy genius. Jack Black was funny, but anchormen and battle axes?!? Hy-fucking-sterical!

word. that was a very unexpected scene and it does deserve its props. you said it all. i stand corrected, anchorman doesn't go on my bad list anymore, as i recap nearly the entire movie in my head.
________
Gay Latino (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/629/latino/videos/1)

Jacoby
24-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Anchorman WAS bad. It's the same old stuff I've been laughing at for years and years. I need something fresh. Something....delicious in my comedies.

http://einsiders.com/features/columns/images/napoleondynamite.jpg

hasselbrad
24-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Anchorman WAS bad. It's the same old stuff I've been laughing at for years and years. I need something fresh. Something....delicious in my comedies.

Where, pray tell, have you seen a battle between television personalities with axes? :icon_conf

Jacoby
24-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm referring to the style of the comedy. Not specific scenes. It was just all expected. Whatever. Nevermind, Anchorman was GGRRREEEAAAT :icon_popc :icon_popc

hasselbrad
24-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Just teasing. Anchorman couldn't carry Napolean Dynamite's jock with a forklift.

frodo1511
24-08-2004, 09:58 PM
I hated Anchorman, only funny part was the reference to scotch, which has been quoted many, uncountable times. Dodgeball was hilarious, but haven't seen ND, maby when it comes out on DVD.

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 12:05 AM
I saw Collateral today. It was the second best movie of the summer, behind Spiderman 2, in my opinion. Cinematographically, Collateral is one of the best shot movies I have ever seen. It is a symphony of exotic musics, terrific visuals, and a great action story...

FINAL SUMMER MOVIE SEASON REPORT CARD
Spiderman 2 A+
Collateral A+
The Bourne Supremacy A
Napolean Dynamite B+
I, Robot B
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story B
The Village B-
King Arthur B-
Troy B-
The Terminal B-
Hero C-

I never saw: Anchorman, The Manchurian Candidate, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Fahrenheit 9/11, or Catwoman.

frodo1511
30-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Yes, Collateral is also my #2 movie of the summer, and I loved the shots from straight-down, right on top of the taxi. Did they film that from a helicopter, or what?

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 12:17 AM
There were just so many pristine scenes of the city at night. Cities at night are probably my favorite things to look at, and the director of Collateral (Michael Mann) does a great job. He incorporates the city lights and light from the moon in contrast with reflections on windows and the darkness of the sky and street in a flowing exhibition of beautiful visuals.

What is it with Tom Cruise and subways though?

Anyone seen Risky Business?

frodo1511
30-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Anyone seen Risky Business?

Yes, loved the title, hated the movie. But I got what you meant about the subway, though;)

Spire
30-08-2004, 12:35 AM
I saw Collateral today. It was the second best movie of the summer

Told you so.

apoggy
30-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Spire, you are ugly enough to know not to spam. Quit it. Now

keiraisreallyhot
30-08-2004, 01:03 AM
you guys are skanks!!! heat was the SHIT!!! village was okay, i loved napolean dynamite, but overall i, robot was the summers best.
i liked king arthur too.

Jacoby
30-08-2004, 01:06 AM
You call us skanks, and then say I, Robot was the best film of the summer. Ha.

OMG Garden State WTF

keiraisreallyhot
30-08-2004, 01:11 AM
my bad i guess your right, i havent seen collateral but i want to

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 01:17 AM
You know, if they would have released Collateral earlier, then none of this Catwoman mess would have even happened...

Spire
30-08-2004, 05:50 AM
What? Catwoman would have still been made no matter when Collateral was released. I loved those cityscape shots in Collateral, some of the best I've seen since Akira, and absolutely lovely. I thought the film was good until that Fever club scene, and then I thought it kicked my ass seven ways sideways. That scene hypnotized me with the pounding the music, visceral imagery, and Vincent's general ass-kicking attitude. I'm counting down the days until the DVD.

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 11:52 AM
i haven't seen collateral but i went and saw hero on friday and that movie blew my mind.

that man did nothing but live up to his name and surpass his reputation.

an absolutely brilliant film.
________
Ipad cases (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 05:27 PM
What? Catwoman would have still been made no matter when Collateral was released.

No, I realize that, but there was no reason for that movie to open at #2. With Collateral out, and S2 raking in the same amount, it would have been #4.

that man did nothing but live up to his name

But he didn't have a name...

...Vincent's general ass-kicking attitude.

I did like Vincent's character, but the one thing that kept Collateral under Spiderman 2 in my book is that Vincent seemed inVINCEable. He was just way too proficient with the gun, like in the club scene. It just seemed a little too reminiscent of Bourne and The Transporter with the "special forces, green beret" thing popping up once again.

that man did nothing but live up to his name

The one who lived up to his name was Max from Collateral. He took it to the MAX...eventually.

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 05:32 PM
But he didn't have a name

not the character himself but Jet Li.

i was surprised to find that qt really didn't have anything to do with the making of the movie.
________
Indian orgasm (http://www.fucktube.com/video/20025/amateur-indian-girlfriend-orgasm-in-bed)

Spire
30-08-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm not a big Jet Li fan, in fact, Hero is the only movie of his that I've liked. I'm more of a Bruce Lee kinda guy.

Dyce_Blue
30-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm not a big Jet Li fan, in fact, Hero is the only movie of his that I've liked. I'm more of a Bruce Lee kinda guy.

Bruce is definitely one of my favorites, but I'm also a huge fan of Jackie Chan's early stuff. There is just so much innovation in his classics. Now, everything he does is about Medallions or Tuxedos.

I want to see a Nunchaku fight between Napolean Dynamite and Bruce Lee...

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 06:54 PM
i must say i have grown into a larger jet li fan than anyone, although i give all earned respects to jackie chan his is still incredible.

bruce lee, there is nothing i can say to make him sound any greater than you already know he was. he was the best ever. i think, had he lived an entire life, brandon lee could have pushed thresholds as well.
________
Nz engine (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_NZ_engine)

Richard
30-08-2004, 07:08 PM
i must say i have grown into a larger jet li fan than anyone, although i give all earned respects to jackie chan his is still incredible.

bruce lee, there is nothing i can say to make him sound any greater than you already know he was. he was the best ever. i think, had he lived an entire life, brandon lee could have pushed thresholds as well.

I'm not too sure if Brandon was like his father? Was he? :icon_conf

Doesn't really matter, they were both great. The Crow was an amazing movie too, but only if he never toke the role... then again that was the role that made him famous... :icon_redf

kilyncw
30-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm not too sure if Brandon was like his father? Was he? :icon_conf

Doesn't really matter, they were both great. The Crow was an amazing movie too, but only if he never toke the role... then again that was the role that made him famous... :icon_redf

i don't think brandon was close to the martial artist as bruce but he did have a lot of time to prove himself to the world. rapid fire and the crow were two great movies and i think he could have made many more.

but yeah he would have been a different type of famous than bruce.
________
Recall zoloft (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

Renegade
01-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Weeee. I saw The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. IMO, it ranks right up there with Spiderman 2 for the summer's best. Intense fight scenes and the craziest car chase ever! Now I think we can all consider Matt Damon an A-list actor now.

I was looking forward to seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow this summer but it was pushed back :mad: . Ah well, it's coming out 9/17. Not that far away :D.

frodo1511
01-09-2004, 09:53 PM
the craziest car chase ever!

It's up there at Number two for best car chase ever, I still have a thing for the Matrix Reloaded, since it was the only thing that saved the movie IMO.

Richard
01-09-2004, 11:01 PM
It's up there at Number two for best car chase ever, I still have a thing for the Matrix Reloaded, since it was the only thing that saved the movie IMO.

Really? I thought the kung-fu did. Certainly better than the original, in my opinion.

frodo1511
01-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Really? I thought the kung-fu did. Certainly better than the original, in my opinion.

Agreed, the fighting was a HELLA lot better than the original, but in some places, the CGI got laughable. Not overly bad, though, just enough for you to know where it was. Boy, what 6 months did, however, with Revolutions. Everything looked so much better, but "The Chase" is what sealed the deal for me last Summer.

Dyce_Blue
01-09-2004, 11:33 PM

The actual best chase is from "True Lies". Does anyone remember the scene where Arnold rides a horse to chase a guy on a motorcycle? Pure genious...

Richard
01-09-2004, 11:41 PM
The actual best chase is from "True Lies". Does anyone remember the scene where Arnold rides a horse to chase a guy on a motorcycle? Pure genious...

Eh... not really. True Lies was great, but that was a little... over-the-top. :err: Rambo-ish, but original.

frodo1511
02-09-2004, 12:04 AM

yeah, that dosen't really count, seeing as Arnold wasn't even driving a car, rather an animal. Cool idea, but it just dosen't cut it.

Dyce_Blue
02-09-2004, 04:12 AM
yeah, that dosen't really count, seeing as Arnold wasn't even driving a car, rather an animal. Cool idea, but it just dosen't cut it.

I think that anytime a motorcycle is jumped off a building into another building's pool, it cuts it...

Does anyone here think that Spiderman 2 will hit $400 million? It is in the $370 million range right now, after 8 or 9 weeks. I sure hope it gets there, because in my eyes, it surpassed the original (which grossed $400 million)...

I'll do the math later, but I think that the combined profits from Spiderman 2 and Shrek 2 equal those of the next 10 biggest summer movies...

Total revenue from: SPIDERMAN 2 and SHREK 2= $804 million
Total revenue from next 10 highest grossing movies since 5/28*= $1.18 billion.

*(Harry Potter 3, The Day After Tomorrow, The Bourne Supremacy, I, Robot, Fahrenheit 9/11, Dodgeball, The Village, Collateral, The Notebook, Garfield)

I was close, but I forgot to take Harry Potter into effect. Without him, it would have been neck-and-neck...

Adolf-The-Apple
02-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Man, Colleteral is the worst movie I've ever seen in cinema! Good that someone else payd the card for that movie, else I would really be angry!

frodo1511
02-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Man, Colleteral is the worst movie I've ever seen in cinema! Good that someone else payd the card for that movie, else I would really be angry!

Be ready to get yelled at for your remark, apple. Me and many others think Collateral is either number one or two for this summer.

Dyce, I don't think Spidey 2 will make it, I think it's only getting around 1-3 million each week, so unless it's in the cinemas until November 30th (DVD release) then it won't make it. Sorry.

gracie
03-09-2004, 05:11 PM
garden state and napoleon dynamite were the only movies worth paying nine bucks to see. king arthur-worth the 2 i paid

hasselbrad
03-09-2004, 05:40 PM
garden state and napoleon dynamite were the only movies worth paying nine bucks to see. king arthur-worth the 2 i paid

I was going to see Garden State this past weekend but went to the wrong theater because (see signature).
I've heard nothing but good things about it. Napolean Dynamite was an awesome movie. I still need to see it again for the extra after the credits.

gracie
03-09-2004, 07:13 PM
haha, yeah it was an awesome movie. I need to see that extra scene too as i went the first weekend it was out at community theater. that movie was fab, but Garden State was so much better. Who knew that kid from scrubs had talent? I love that part in the preview/movie when Sam says "you gotta listen this song will change your life." The Shins will totally change your life. The soundtrack is pretty damn good
1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
3. In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
4. New Slang - The Shins
5. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
6. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
7. Fair - Remy Zero
8. One Of These Things First - Nick Drake
9. Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
10. The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon & Garfunkel
11. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
12. Let Go - Frou Frou
13. Winding Road - Bonnie Somerville

i had just bought Frou Frou's album was psyched that it was on the soundtrack. I hadn't even heard of them untill my friend Nean sent me the song on the soundtrack. And the Iron and Wine cover of Such Great Heights was absolutely perfect in the movie. They all were. One of the best fitting soundtracks since The Royal Tennenbaums. Ah i loved that movie. done rambling now