PDA

View Full Version : The Exorcist

Louie
19-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Anyone seen the previews for the new Exorcist movie? It looks pretty good. I don't know what it's about, but it looks awesome, because the first one was. What do you guys think?

duckula
19-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Do you like scary movies?

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 01:21 AM
meh, looks like crap.
The first one was the scariest movie I've ever seen, but the sequals sucked. The only thing this one has going for it is the now-trademark scary voice. I'll pass on this one.

Louie
19-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Do you like scary movies?

How can you tell? And Frodo I know the other sequels sucked but for some reason this one looks promising.

Richard
19-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Well, this one is directed by Renny Harlin. Who is known for the credits of Cliffhanger, Die Hard II, Deep Blue Sea, and A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 - another horror movie. I wasn't too impressed with the original, other than it's amazing score and some genuine scenes that are noteworthy of being mentioned. In my opinion, too over-rated... because I've seen better. Trust me, Amityville anyone? :cool:

Unfortunetly, I won't be giving this movie the time of day in the cinema. There shouldn't be any "beginning" to this series, it was fine the way it was. I really don't think this will scare anyone as much as the original either... but promising... sure. I highly doubt a blockbuster, but a friday night flick will be fine.

Snoug
19-08-2004, 03:22 AM
excorsist did not scare me at all except i believe the scene was actually edited out of some versions. But she walks down the stairs like a spider. lol i thought that was pretty creepy. Other than that it was like any other movie for me.

Movies generally dont scare me anymore. :err:

NinjaTurtleRocky
19-08-2004, 06:38 AM
the first one scared the crap outta me...i still can't sleep right.....i know a guy who has done a real exorcism...so the old one scared me and im not seeing the new one...i dont care if u don't believe me...i believe him....this post needs some ending! :icon_popc -there

keira_lover
19-08-2004, 06:43 AM
NinjaTurtleRocky: I might be over stepping my bounds a bit since I'm not a mod but I've noticed this for a while so I'm just going to say it- animation are not allowed in sigs, kindly remove them before you get yelled at.

kilyncw
19-08-2004, 01:23 PM
i think the new exorcist could be a great movie. but i don't think i'll see it simply because of the fact that the exorcist was a very original and classic film. the sequels sucked and this one does look half decent but they shouldn't have went with the exorcist title they should have just went their own way with that.
________
Hemp (http://marijuanahemp.com)

Louie
20-08-2004, 12:59 AM
I think it's going to bomb.

frodo1511
20-08-2004, 01:31 AM
I think it's going to bomb.

Wait, you just contradicted yourself louie. "It's awesome..... It's going to bomb....I can't make up my mind.... I can read minds....."

Oh, what he said.

Louie
20-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Well I think it's going to be good, but that doesn't mean that it can't bomb. Plenty of good movies go unnoticed.

frodo1511
20-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Well I think it's going to be good, but that doesn't mean that it can't bomb. Plenty of good movies go unnoticed.

Most recent: King Arthur

No, I think the movie will suck. Linda Blair is not playing the freaky girl, and I think that some deamon-thing that resides in a cave(of all places!) is not enough for my $7.50

Louie
20-08-2004, 01:52 AM
$7.50? That's a lot, I only pay 5. :icon_bigg

Well, as a fellow Missourian, you dissapoint me. But ah, well, the movie most likely will be garbage, but I'm still seeing it, I don't care what any of you say. :icon_nana

frodo1511
20-08-2004, 01:57 AM

Well, as a fellow Missourian, you dissapoint me. But ah, well, the movie most likely will be garbage, but I'm still seeing it, I don't care what any of you say. :icon_nana

That's for an evening show, I tend to pay 4.50 for a matinee.

How do I dissapoint? I thought I was great...

Jacoby
20-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Most recent: King Arthur

He said good movies.

I too think this movie will bomb, because people will automatically think it's like the other sequels. I looks good though. I won't see it in the theatre..because I'm a pussy and I have to rent pop-out-scare-the-shit-out-of-me movies.

keira_lover
20-08-2004, 07:15 AM

I got all you bitches beat...try $9.50 :icon_surp God the Bay Area sucks.

And just to stay on topic, I never saw the first one but I know how big of a hit it was. People still reference it to this day and it's said to be one of the scariest movies ever made, so topping something like that is very unlikely to happen. I say the movie will bomb.

kilyncw
20-08-2004, 12:33 PM
the original exorcist was a fantastic movie. and incredibly orginal for its time. it opened many doors for other movies to come through. but i just don't think this one can live up to it. they shouldn't have called it "the exorcist" the only reason they did is to have the name. the name alone is gonna sell tickets. but i'll wait til it comes to buy or something prolly unless my friends decide to go then i'll prolly just go. but yeah i got 7.75 and i can't do the movie thing without a large cherry coke and a box of candy it just won't feel right.
________
Mercedes-Benz Cl-Class Specifications (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CL-Class)

frodo1511
20-08-2004, 10:58 PM
He said good movies.

Hey, I thought it was good, but what the hell...

On topic, I think that the exorcist got middle of the road reviews over at movies.com, but way better than without a paddle.

kilyncw
23-08-2004, 01:14 PM
ok i went and saw this on friday night.

i gotta say it was not a bad movie by any means, except for the fact that when the chick was possessed, it was the same as the first one, lucifer was filled with vulgarity and what not.

they should've changed that and not went with THE EXORCIST and i could respect the movie a lot more.

i feel they just used the name for money
________
MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://michigan.dispensaries.org/)