Flightfreak
18-08-2004, 10:44 PM
deleted

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:14 PM
That's not bad...

duckula
18-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I think it looks like uninspired, turgid crap made possible by photoshop and a lack of vision. But that's just me.

apoggy
18-08-2004, 11:31 PM
I quite like it, not bad for an amateur. I'd like to see you get off your fat arse and show us some really inspirational work rather than just putting down new visual artists, that act is becoming rather cumbersome.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:44 PM
I quite like it, not bad for an amateur. I'd like to see you get off your fat arse and show us some really inspirational work rather than just putting down new visual artists, that act is becoming rather cumbersome.

Aye...in this case especially as this, for me...is actually not bad at all...given it's a bit of fun and not something professional.

duckula
18-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Not an act at all. No one tells Robert Hughes to stop being a critic and produce art do they? Criticism is valid and neccessary to the artistic proccess and I don't think anything is to be gained by mollycoddoling 'new visual artists'.

The problem is with the advent of photoshop and others of its ilk is that a swarm of ignorant, talentless little turds suddenly consider themselves the producers of great and significant works of art.

That thing is shit. I know it. You know it. I'm just helping the artist to know it.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:49 PM
IThat thing is shit. I know it. You know it. I'm just helping the artist to know it.

Thing is I actually like it...a lot. Then again...perhaps I lack taste, oh wise one :D

apoggy
18-08-2004, 11:52 PM
stop reiteratring yourself haz. We know you like it, unless you have something further to add dont post, otherwise its spam. Something you know a great deal about.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:54 PM
stop reiteratring yourself haz. We know you like it, unless you have something further to add dont post, otherwise its spam. Something you know a great deal about.

Forgive me but if someone tries to insinuate I've said something untrue...it's generally my policy to reiterate the statement and thereby reaffirm its truth. Then again maybe being called a liar isn't an insult where you come from...it is in my book...so I tend to correct incorrect statements like that.

If you wish to punish me for spam, do so...I'm not a hypocrite...but I will post if I feel I have a right to...that's my right...and if you don't like it...deal with it appropriately...that's your right.

acliff
19-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Forgive me but if someone tries to insinuate I've said something untrue...it's generally my policy to reiterate the statement and thereby reaffirm its truth. Then again maybe being called a liar isn't an insult where you come from...it is in my book...so I tend to correct incorrect statements like that.

If you wish to punish me for spam, do so...I'm not a hypocrite...but I will post if I feel I have a right to...that's my right...and if you don't like it...deal with it appropriately...that's your right.

Haz, you might want to bear in mind, that kkw is not a courtroom, and you are not on the stand. Neither are you the prosecutor. Or the judge. Stop being a drama queen and making everything out to be a moral dilemma.

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Good work, but I've seen this done before. Not bad for a first try, keep it up.

Hazzle
19-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Haz, you might want to bear in mind, that kkw is not a courtroom, and you are not on the stand. Neither are you the prosecutor. Or the judge. Stop being a drama queen and making everything out to be a moral dilemma.

Cliff...

a) stop posting off topic to take pot shots at me...PMs and IMs are better ways to do so...in doing so you force me to approach your posts as a member, and as a member it's in my nature to fight back...and as always kick your arse...whereas that comes into conflict with the officership and my moderating other people for spam...how about you leave personal stuff for personal areas, eh?

b) Don't presume to tell me what to do...you might want to bear in mind that everything comes down to morals...and if I feel I've been attacked, in ANY way...I will defend myself...I did so in a very respectful manner...myself and Frank were discussing the artistic merit of a picture...that's the point of a discussion forum...he the critic...me the defender...fuck me I thought that was the point...then Poggs had a cow because of OTHER threads and decided to turn this into his personal boxing ring...in doing so it DID become a "courtroom".

Now...how about we stay on topic and discuss the picture, eh? It reminds me of something...I can't recall what...something famous...a famous photograph or painting...gaaah...anyone got any idea what it could be?

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Tension. Drama. Monologues.

Hey kids, it's performance art!

Narg
19-08-2004, 12:36 AM
I like it, quite good i think.

"The problem is with the advent of photoshop and others of its ilk is that a swarm of ignorant, talentless little turds suddenly consider themselves the producers of great and significant works of art."

Somehow, from talking to flightfreak on many occasions, he dosnt seem to fit into this category, and I dont think he consideres himself as a producer of great significant art, If you dont like it, I think it would be more down to personal taste, thats fine, but theres no reason to be a complete asshole about it, But thats just the duckula way.

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm not a complete arsehole. More a partial arsehole.

acliff
19-08-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm not a complete arsehole. More a partial arsehole.

I feel like I should put forward the terms 'clenched' and 'puckered' in to the discussion.

duckula
19-08-2004, 01:03 AM
I think we are missing 'sphincter', 'analissimo' and 'rose petal'.

deviljet88
19-08-2004, 12:10 PM
My first reaction was "Where's her nose gone?", but Freak just informed me its just slightly transparent above the houses. So its pretty good :) However I suck at photoshop, so don't ask me.

EmotionSickness
19-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I enjoyed it for what it was -- the product of someone just messing around in Photoshop. Nicely done. I just love that pic of Keira and that's a lovely skyline.

johnnyboy
21-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Not an act at all. No one tells Robert Hughes to stop being a critic and produce art do they? Criticism is valid and neccessary to the artistic proccess and I don't think anything is to be gained by mollycoddoling 'new visual artists'.

The problem is with the advent of photoshop and others of its ilk is that a swarm of ignorant, talentless little turds suddenly consider themselves the producers of great and significant works of art.

That thing is shit. I know it. You know it. I'm just helping the artist to know it.

Question, did he call himself a producer of great and significant works of art? Precisely, he didn't, you assumed

frodo1511
21-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Question, did he call himself a producer of great and significant works of art? Precisely, he didn't, you assumed

And you know what happends when people assume:

It makes an ASS out of U and ME

(recieved from my Chemistry Teacher:)

Oh, good work with the firey eyes, it makes the picture really stand out.

KeirazBabe
21-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Well i really like it :) *downloading animation atm* and mr.duckie, stop being such an arse- its so tiresome i feel narcaleptic.

xXx

duckula
21-08-2004, 05:24 PM

I didn't say he was representing himself as such a producer, my point here is a more general one. The problem is you all inferred and you know what inferring makes you? A fucking idiot.

Keirazbleh: I'm not being an arse, I'm being a critic. If it offends you, then fuck off.

XoX Hugs and Kisses to all.

Sarah
21-08-2004, 05:36 PM
XoX Hugs and Kisses to all.

lol :icon_guin :icon_part

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Sarah...Moderator...spamming...tut tut...

acliff
22-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Sarah...Moderator...spamming...tut tut...

You can fucking talk. Have to get the last word in eh? Sarah knows exactly what she is doing, and was amused at the fact that Duckula of all people said 'hugs and kisses' to everyone. That deserves a post all by itself hmm?

Flightfreak, i'm not certain about the Keira sunset blend, it looks nice enough, but it has no 'heart' if you know what I mean.
What camera did you use to capture the sunsets, as they do look pretty marvellous.
I'd suggest next time, compose the image so that you get more of the sky... it would probably look better if the sillouette of the houses and trees were nearer the bottom, and showed off the colour and magnificence of the cloud formations.

deviljet88
22-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Pretty backdrops/sunsets in your town. Hard to get that around my place, houses a bit cluttered.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 09:13 PM
You can fucking talk. Have to get the last word in eh? Sarah knows exactly what she is doing, and was amused at the fact that Duckula of all people said 'hugs and kisses' to everyone. That deserves a post all by itself hmm? .

Err...nope...it doesn't...it's all spam...as for me talking...I'd have thought the one who got banned for spam would know how best to recognise it...and you wouldn't since you were the fucking retard that started the spam and got away with it...now stop with the personal vendetta against yours truly, eh?

I would try and mask this attack on you by making it out to be on topic, like you've persisted in doing...but I have balls, unlike y'self...next time, if you want to attack me, do it properly, eh?

Pussy.

acliff
22-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Err...nope...it doesn't...it's all spam...as for me talking...I'd have thought the one who got banned for spam would know how best to recognise it...and you wouldn't since you were the fucking retard that started the spam and got away with it...now stop with the personal vendetta against yours truly, eh?

I would try and mask this attack on you by making it out to be on topic, like you've persisted in doing...but I have balls, unlike y'self...next time, if you want to attack me, do it properly, eh?

Pussy.

Apparently the photographer who owns the thread found it to be valid advice/criticism. I actually know quite a bit about photography, so try and stay on topic or keep out of the thread hmm?

Flightfreak: A bad workman always blames his tools, but you've managed to get good results out of a less than high end camera. Well done. Fireworks isn't *the* best software you can use to touch up your photos, but unless you're thinking of doing crazy effects then at this point you won't need anything more advanced.

Do you have any manual control over your camera? Or is it automatic point and shoot? I've found that for sunset or sunrise shots, a lower shutter speed and a tripod works wonders. A little bit more contrast to the image.