PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to die?

Richard
25-06-2004, 12:23 AM
First off, I'm perfectly sane. But this topic is important to me, and I also would like to see how many of you can be serious or creative on planning and wishing upon your own deaths. I hope this topic won't be too offensive to some people, but if in the case that it is... make your lockstick handy. First of all, if we still had our old database, I know this topic would be fine to post. But there's something at the back of my head that tells me that maybe the mods want a PG-13 forum this time? I hope not, because that would be terribly boring. Anyways...

Spontaneous Combustion is always fascinating.

How about you? How would you like to go out?

Kelsey
25-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Quickly and relatively young.

Mandy
25-06-2004, 12:29 AM
I guess I had to realize that we all die sooner or later. *sigh* Anyway. I think that I'd like to die of old age...and if not that, then die of a disease that most older people get when they're...old. I want to pass away in bed with my loved one next to me reassuring each other we'll see one another again someday.

That. Or drowning in the ocean. Because at least that would mean I've seen the ocean before I die.

deviljet88
25-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Die old, or any unexpected unpainful way thanks so much. Dying in sleep sounds cool.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Errr...I'd rather not thanks :p

But short of that...assassination would be good...problem is I'd have to get famous first...but yeah...dying and being all over the media would rock!

ryan
25-06-2004, 02:00 AM
i'd like to go out after the wildest sex ive ever had.
go out in a blaze of glory and pleasure, you know?

Mandy
25-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Ya know...I like that ryan fellow...

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 02:10 AM

lol...god that's rich. i just read that and burst out laughing. but you do have a point there.

i guess i'd like mine to be quick and painless, most sensible. but then there's movie style die-fighting-for-justice which i always thought would be pretty cool. when i think about death, i always pose the question of choosing to die in a desert of dehydration or in the artic of hypothermia. any thoughts? i'd say the artic for me because i hate the heat and freezing to death doesn't sound that bad, plus it'd be cool when my body's discovered in like 1000 years and i'm put in a museum. fame after death! little children in school will have to learn about me

ryan
25-06-2004, 03:23 AM
seriously though...have like wicked wild sex and have the orgasm just kill you. it would just stop your heart and you'd die in a state of complete euphoria.
it would the best death evar.

(i should stop posting while intoxicated.)

gracie
25-06-2004, 03:35 AM
^auto erotic asphyxiation
hm...i wouldnt want to drown that would suck having your lungs fill up with water jesus that would suck. i guess a cliff dive would be good

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 03:39 AM
yeah, in movie and tv shows, they do that alot. where the investigator comes in and sees the dead guy in bed, who'd "mysteriously" died during sex. and the investigator's like, "death by sex, what most men dream of". i think it's the most funniest thing ever....man i watch way too much Law and Order.

thinking about it, i guess that'd be cool. but really embrassing when they come to collect your body and freaky for the person you're doing it with. like really freaky! but putting that a side, i won't might trying it

calereneau
25-06-2004, 03:45 AM
I would like to be sky diving over a third-world country with a sack of money where my primary parachute should be and a bag full of Lunchables Pizza where my backup parachute should be. I would then die a freaking cool death and even help feed and provide for starving people at the same time.

That's how I'd like to go. But I'll probably die in a tragic automobile accident where I get some 5 inch steel pipe impaled through my chest where I suffer and gag on my own blood for minutes, maybe hours, before I finally kick the bucket. But who knows?

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 03:52 AM
I would like to be sky diving over a third-world country with a sack of money where my primary parachute should be and a bag full of Lunchables Pizza where my backup parachute should be. I would then die a freaking cool death and even help feed and provide for starving people at the same time.

wow! free falling would be awesome and helping people too. genius! though it would be hard for me to get the thought of the impact out of my head for me to enjoy it. :eek:

Richard
25-06-2004, 03:57 AM

Going out with a bang... no pun intended. :)

Louie
25-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Not that this would ever happen, but I always thought that this would be a cool way of dying....... I rob a bank or gas station and then being in a car chase with the police. I'd die by crashing or by being shot by the police. I think it would be cool to die that way, and also I would be famous for a couple of days.

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Not that this would ever happen, but I always thought that this would be a cool way of dying....... I rob a bank or gas station and then being chased by the police. I'd die by crashing or being shot by the police. I think it would be cool to die that way, and also I would be famous for a couple of days.

wow! it's cool actually hearing that some one else thought about robbing a bank too. i've only met one other person who thought about it, and it's one of our goals in life to successfully pull off a bank heist, even as highly unlikely that it would happen, still remains a dream of ours. :cool: also like the resavoir dogs (spelling?) type robbery, except the whole it going wrong and all

Jacoby
25-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Do you think if your body was completely numbed, and you couldn't feel a thing, would death feel the same as passing out? Minus, of course, the whole waking up part. I've always wonderred about death but not the 'how it would happen' part, but what it must feel like. I mean, there has to be some significant feeling to death, right? And I can't ask anyone what their death felt like. I'm always worried about the after-life as well, but that's a completely different topic.
As for my death-and hopefully it comes after a fufilled life- I'm expecting something along the lines of a West Side Story-style knife fight.....dancing included. That must not be a bad way to go out, in a nice little dance number.

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 04:59 AM
also about death. does anyone know if it's actually true that you lose 21 grams when you die...i mean i've heard of it from the movie 21 grams where it says you do. but i never really went on to verify if that was a fact.

Ashley
25-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Two words are key: Quick and painless.

barrington
25-06-2004, 09:17 AM
*KZSHHHRRK* Archie! Cuthbert! Jerrys on my tail! Can't shake this blasted chap! I think the blaggard hit my fuel tan... *KZSHHHRK* -silence-

Vertical Vortex
25-06-2004, 10:38 AM
i dont care how I die, or when I die...
death is everywhere..

Flightfreak
25-06-2004, 10:41 AM
*KZSHHHRRK* Archie! Cuthbert! Jerrys on my tail! Can't shake this blasted chap! I think the blaggard hit my fuel tan... *KZSHHHRK* -silence-
hehe, that would be nice idd :D
--> Quick and painless

Pete
25-06-2004, 11:21 AM
i always pose the question of choosing to die in a desert of dehydration or in the artic of hypothermia. any thoughts?

hmm always been a heat person meself... cant stand being cold.... its bad eough in winter when ya feet feel frozen so to freeze to death isnt exactly my favourite idea...

thought about doing death by skydiving... done one and it was amazing... heh ask bazzle, i couldnt speak for most of the day!! so to end it all with a skydive and just not bother to open my parachute is appealing... the sense of speed is incredible!!! (been a couple of people done this recently in the news)

i dont want to grow old and feeble before i die.... id rather reach about 60 with still most of my marbles and abilities and then *pow* its over...

i agree with most people - quick and hopefully painless although if it is quick i imagine it will be painful but you'll be in shock so you wont feel too much...

to those who want a slow death.... take a trip to your local old peoples home..... thats my idea of hell and is a very slow and in most cases painful way to die...

Vertical Vortex
25-06-2004, 12:09 PM
hmm always been a heat person meself... cant stand being cold.... its bad eough in winter when ya feet feel frozen so to freeze to death isnt exactly my favourite idea...

thought about doing death by skydiving... done one and it was amazing... heh ask bazzle, i couldnt speak for most of the day!! so to end it all with a skydive and just not bother to open my parachute is appealing... the sense of speed is incredible!!! (been a couple of people done this recently in the news)

i dont want to grow old and feeble before i die.... id rather reach about 60 with still most of my marbles and abilities and then *pow* its over...

i agree with most people - quick and hopefully painless although if it is quick i imagine it will be painful but you'll be in shock so you wont feel too much...

to those who want a slow death.... take a trip to your local old peoples home..... thats my idea of hell and is a very slow and in most cases painful way to die...

other way of a painful death: like that alien in Alien Ressurection... who got sucked through that tiny hole in the window....
i would say 'autch'

barrington
25-06-2004, 12:32 PM
You're all a cheery bunch of people.

Quick and painless probably isn't the best way to go; being hit by the 58 bus for example. I should prefer an egress of moderate haste with all due conciousness and faculty. Intolerable pain something of a misnomer since, if you are concious, your brain will soon enough begin to dump its stores of dopamine and serotonin into your synapses to ease the suffering and a last-ditch attempt to preserve your brain.

In all cases these physiological death-throe processes generate an overwhelming feeling of content, calm, bliss and euphoria. They disconnect the concious from it's immediate environment and the lack of oxygen narrows the visual field to something resembling a long tunnel with bright light at the end. The synaptic dopamine flood makes the dying mind feel at one with the world and, for some, think God is drawing them away from the body which is beginning to shut down.

Yep, die a natural concious death and you're going to the state of 'heaven' on a meticulously crafted chemical barge whether you like it or not. Faith has nothing to do with it.

MeggieHoops
25-06-2004, 12:43 PM
All I can say is that I'd rather be torn apart by a hungry pack of wolves than drown. There's something about drowning that absolutely terrifies me.

But, from studies on people who nearly drowned but were rescued right before death - something like 95% of people who almost drowned say that once you just give up and stop fighting, it's very relaxing and peaceful.

Liam
25-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Being shot down when I steal that lovely Spitfire V that I saw with the chaps at the Duxford air show.

No, I mean it.

Pete
25-06-2004, 01:44 PM
heh quietly and peacefully in my sleep, unlike the 50 or so screaming passengers in the back of the bus!!!

Sarah
25-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I want to be murdered. It has to be interesting and it has to get all over the news. I don't want to just fall asleep or anything. I want to go out with a bang.

Mandy
25-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I want to go out with a bang.

So does ryan. *wink wink*

smcmann
25-06-2004, 05:16 PM
I wanna go down fighting. I'm not sure with what kind of weapons or whatever...But just to be in that crazy state of mind where you're gonna take down as many as you can before you die. Not caring about pain or wounds, you just unleash that primitive beast in you that wants to kill everything. But even with your amazing rage and anger induced strength, the numbers overwhelm you and you fight to your death...Hmm. Otherwise I like ryan's idea.

acliff
25-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Fighter pilot would be good.

Strangely I want to go fairly quick, but painfully. Tells me what I'm losing out on, 'feeling' i.e being 'human' till the end.
Quick to shorten the amount of time spent suffering by those I love.

Also dying with dignity is important to me. Be it my Asian upbringing with ingrained honour, but even through immense pain, I wish to go out with a modicum of dignity.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 08:20 PM
I want to be murdered. It has to be interesting and it has to get all over the news. I don't want to just fall asleep or anything. I want to go out with a bang.

A woman after my own heart...fame after death...arrr

Sarah
25-06-2004, 08:28 PM
A woman after my own heart...fame after death...arrr

Well what is the point in living if no one will remember you, except a small few who'll just die anyway.

At least you don't have to deal with press at your door. :D It's great.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Well what is the point in living if no one will remember you, except a small few who'll just die anyway.

At least you don't have to deal with press at your door. :D It's great.

Exactly...I want to be remembered forever...sadly I suspect I'm more than likely to be forgotten swiftly :(

Sarah
25-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Exactly...I want to be remembered forever...sadly I suspect I'm more than likely to be forgotten swiftly :(

Well you certainly won't be forgotten on these forums. As for the rest of the world, I don't think I can help.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Well you certainly won't be forgotten on these forums.

You lie...but thanks :)

Alendor
25-06-2004, 10:26 PM
This's a deep and slightly depressing topic.
I'm not afraid of dying althoguh it would be good if it wans't too painfull.
I just want to have seen and done certain things.
1. I want to see King Arhtur and Spider-man II, POTC 2 and 3 and so on. There are a lot of movies I wnat to see,b efore I die.
2. I want to meet Keira and get her autograph in person at a premeire for example.
3. I want the Harry Potter saga to be over, so I know how it all ended.
4. I want the girl I like to either say she doens't like me properly or say she does like. Preferable the latter. Girls shouldn't be allowed to give you a hint of a no, while starting to be nicer to you than before. It's confusing.
5. etc. etc. etc.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 03:45 AM
4. I want the girl I like to either say she doens't like me properly or say she does like. Preferable the latter. Girls shouldn't be allowed to give you a hint of a no, while starting to be nicer to you than before. It's confusing.

All the others are possible, very possible in fact...but c'mon man...a woman to give you a straight answer? What planet are you on? You've got NO chance on that score...they don't know what "straight answer" means :p

gracie
26-06-2004, 03:48 AM
well im sure they all say no to u haz :p

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 04:08 AM
well im sure they all say no to u haz :p

That's the thing...you'd think so, wouldn't you? But yet I've never got the expected response of "Fuck off you ugly annoying little cretinous cunt...get off me you lecherous pile of donkey dung!" See THAT'D be truth...but I always get the more dodgy answers...women for you :p

Bait
26-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Well i don't think I care how I die as long as I'm not burned alive or something...
But my main goal is to one day win a Darwin Award ;)

Alendor
26-06-2004, 08:57 AM
All the others are possible, very possible in fact...but c'mon man...a woman to give you a straight answer? What planet are you on? You've got NO chance on that score...they don't know what "straight answer" means :p

I know. :)
That's what makes it so frustrating. But I have to hope for a better answer just a bit.
Actually you can't get a more confusing answer than I have gotten.
Not only didn't I get a straight answer, her behaviour afterwards adds further confusion and frustration to the mix.

amishka
26-06-2004, 10:15 AM

maybe your first time you will get lucky :p

Pygmalion
26-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Well since I used to cut myself I have no qualms about opening the old vein. I think that'd be the best way to go.

barrington
26-06-2004, 11:59 AM
I might make a black forum skin, have a Bauhaus MP3 going on and insist on Marilyn Manson avatars or something.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 01:47 PM
I might make a black forum skin, have a Bauhaus MP3 going on and insist on Marilyn Manson avatars or something.

Arrrr...although you should insist on Slayer avatars...just ask Liam :p

Renegade
26-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't wanna die.....But when I do, I hope it isn't by means of drowning, murder, or cancer (Chemo's a bitch). I'd rather die peacefully and quietly.

Liam
28-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Arrrr...although you should insist on Slayer avatars...just ask Liam :p

If I was at home, I'd make a collection of them and set everybody's avatar to some demonic Slayer creation.

True story.

Hazzle
28-06-2004, 10:34 PM
If I was at home, I'd make a collection of them and set everybody's avatar to some demonic Slayer creation.

True story.

Arrrr...well...can't wait til Liam's back home then...that and the fact I can then diss him freely without the fear he'll just take a short flight over and kick my arse...probably seems worthwhile when it's such a short flight...doubt it would if he was back home :p

Richard
28-06-2004, 11:56 PM
As of now, I think I'm going to die young. I'm experiencing blood in my stool, but it comes and goes. I think it has something to do with what I eat. Before I experienced the bloody syndrome I ate double cheeseburgers, just recently I ate oatmeal(fulled with Fiber, Calcium, and Iron) and yogurt then... normal. It better be what I eat because I'm making the change, otherwise I may have Colon Cancer.

DragonRat
29-06-2004, 09:41 AM
In the immortal words of John Steinbeck, "It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

In all honesty, if I knew that I had made a difference to one person in the world, and could bring that person to tears in mourning, then I know that I have lived my life, and have died well. In that case, it doesn't matter when or where I would die, just that my death would bring no pleasure to the world.

acliff
29-06-2004, 10:34 AM
In the immortal words of John Steinbeck, "It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

In all honesty, if I knew that I had made a difference to one person in the world, and could bring that person to tears in mourning, then I know that I have lived my life, and have died well. In that case, it doesn't matter when or where I would die, just that my death would bring no pleasure to the world.

Exactly how I think, although on the surface it seems like a selfish thought.
I mean, if people were happy that you died, you obviously didn't live a particularly great life... Grief follows death, its hard to see your loved ones 'suffer', but its nothing less than what you would do for them. Once I died, if I saw around my final resting place, my friends and family mourning my loss, I would be comforted, happy almost that I did not live my life in vain, and inspired love and friendship in such a degree that they would come, pay respect and shed tears.

Sephiroth v2.0
29-06-2004, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=acliff]Once I died, if I saw around my final resting place, my friends and family mourning [QUOTE]

... Awful editing...

CliffEdit: I know what you wrote. I have my eye on you.

Hazzle
29-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Personally I'd be glad if people were happy after I died...and odds are they will be ;) Seriously, I plan to leave money for my "funeral" and make arrangements in the will for it to be a proper party and a celebration, not some dour thing.

apoggy
29-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Never thought about dying, don't really want to. If and when I die I'll be dead, but I hope there will be a few people around to see me off, and a kicking party afterwards on me. You are all invited btw :p (no hitman hiring for the benefit of free booze)

DragonRat
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I guess, to clarify what Cliff, Seph, and I agreed about, and what Haz disagreed upon, I will have to write down more from chapter 34 from Steinbeck's East of Eden:

I remember clearly the deaths of three men. One was the richest man of the century, who, having clawed his way to wealth through the souls and bodies of men, spent many years trying to buy back the love he had forfeited and by that process performed great service to the world and, perhaps, had much more than balanced the evils of his rise. I was on a ship when he died. The news was posted on the bulletin board, and nearly everyone received the news with pleasure. Several said, "Thank God that son of a bitch is dead."
Then there was a man, smart as Satan, who, lacking some perception of human dignity and knowing all too well every aspect of human weakness and wickedness, used his special knowledge to warp men, to buy men, to bribe and threaten and seduce until he found himself in a position of great power. He clothed his motives in the names of virtue, and I have wondered whether he never knew that no gift will ever buy back a man's love when you have removed his self-love. A bribed man can only hate his briber. When this man died the nation rang with praise and, just beneath, with gladness that he was dead.
There was a third man, who perhaps made many errors in performance but whose effective life was devoted to making men brave and dignified and good in a time when they were poor and frightened and when ugly forces were loose in the world to utilize their fears. This man was hated by the few. When he died the people burst into tears in the strets and their minds wailed, "What can be do now? How can we go on without him?"
In uncertainty I am certain that underneath their topmost layers of frailty men want to be good and want to be loved. Indeed, most of their vices are attempted short cuts to love. When a man comes to die, no matter what his talents and influence and genius, if he dies unloved his life must be a failure to him and his dying a cold horror. It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world.

Perhaps, it is not that one's death should not be celebrated. Of course, if to believe in an afterlife, one's death brings one to a better place, and should be celebrated - one's death as well as one's life, if one's life were honest and forthright, as was the third man. However, if one's life were to be a life without love, a life of vice, then that person's death would leave no mourning, and those around that person would be glad about one's death. There is a difference between celebrating one's death, and bringing pleasure to the world because of one's death.

I myself am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of not having lived yet.

Kyle_West
01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
To me it isn't how do I wanna die. In my state of mine it is where am I going after I die. But anyway the ideal way to move on I guess is to die in your sleep happily married. But I dont wanna live to be an old man. 60's maybe 70's. I don't wanna be this old guy who causes traffic cause I drive 15 under the speed limit. If I can't die from old age.....Then maybe, the apocolypse? That is a big subject around my life. So I'll say the second coming of christ.....If you believe in that sort of thing. Since, the world is so messed up.

Hazzle
01-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Perhaps, it is not that one's death should not be celebrated. Of course, if to believe in an afterlife, one's death brings one to a better place, and should be celebrated - one's death as well as one's life, if one's life were honest and forthright, as was the third man. However, if one's life were to be a life without love, a life of vice, then that person's death would leave no mourning, and those around that person would be glad about one's death. There is a difference between celebrating one's death, and bringing pleasure to the world because of one's death.

Oh I understood that...and I didn't disagree with the logic of it, only that I'm more than happy to accept that when I die there will be no mourning...people will not celebrate because "He's in the better place" or "He was a good man" but because "That git is finally gone"...and that's cool with me :D

I myself am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of not having lived yet.

And that's where you and I, my poetic friend, differ...I've lived enough in my view and that's why I don't fear death either...because whenever it comes it'll come too late for my liking...oh how cheery that sounds :p

Kelsey
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Good luck to you Richard, hopefully it isn't something that serious.

As for people being happy or sad when I die, I don't really care. I don't want a funeral. And I agree with Kyle_West...I think I want to die young (young being 50s-60s). Causes everyone else less pain. The only thing I don't want to die from is anything resulting from or caused by any form of dementia/Alzheimers.

Richard
02-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Good luck to you Richard, hopefully it isn't something that serious.

As for people being happy or sad when I die, I don't really care. I don't want a funeral. And I agree with Kyle_West...I think I want to die young (young being 50s-60s). Causes everyone else less pain. The only thing I don't want to die from is anything resulting from or caused by any form of dementia/Alzheimers.

Well thank you, at least somebody cares. :o Anyways, I just found out it's not that serious. I made the drastic change by eating oatmeal & yogurt daily, and now I'm blood free.

Sephiroth v2.0
02-07-2004, 06:10 PM
"That git is finally gone" - Hazzle

I'm gonna carve that on your tombstone :p

acliff
02-07-2004, 06:32 PM
"That git is finally gone" - Hazzle

I'm gonna carve that on your tombstone :p

Or something along the lines of:

'Here lies beloved Ha... ohh look a squirrel. bbl'

Ashlyn
03-07-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm afraid of missing out on things after I die, and I'm afraid of finding there is nothing after this life (well obviously if there was nothing then I wouldn't find it, but you know.)
I don't want to die by drowning, burning or cancer (and diseases like that) because I'm a weakling and I hate pain. I don't want to outlive my children, I think that'd be awful. When I die I want to have accomplished a lot and I want to have a family who will remember me when I'm gone. It's scary to think that one day you could be completely forgotten.

NearokA
10-09-2004, 08:29 AM
You ask of death boy? Har Har!

I'd like to die fighting for life until my very last breath! Motherfuckers can't take me down that easily! :icon_eplu

Note: The term motherfuckers can refer to a person, place, thing or idea.

ChocolateMoose
10-09-2004, 09:45 AM
As quickly and as pain-free as possible. No burning, drowning or falling (or any disease like cancer etc).

So basically a plane crash would be the worst thing...

hasselbrad
10-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Mulsanne Straight...200mph...suspension or tire failure on the 575GTC.

duckula
10-09-2004, 12:47 PM
With my boots on.

Narg
10-09-2004, 02:37 PM
take a ak-47 and about 40 mags, sit on top of the highest building in redfern, and start killing abo's, it would be atleast 30mins before the police started to care, let alone show up, and then i can have a extremely large and entertaining fire-fight and die in the process.

Either that, or a bullet to the head from some guy, dunno, quick and painless etc etc yabba, but id love to take some sick motherfuckers down with me.

...Come to think of it, a gay and lesbian mardygra masacre would also be satisfying...

The Black Rider
10-09-2004, 02:57 PM
With my boots on.

Gotta love Iron Maiden.

How would I like to die? To quote the last line of A Man for All Seasons, "He died in his bed."

Very profound. :icon_roll

duckula
10-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Dying with your boots on comes from before the time of Iron Maiden. Also. if being gunned down in a cathouse wearing only my boots could be arranged, that would be dandy.

hasselbrad
10-09-2004, 10:14 PM
There's always face down in a mountain of blow, a dead hooker on my left and right.

johnnyboy
10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
sounds lovely hasselbrad, just lovely

I think I'd like to die peacefully, arent I a pussy :icon_razz
Either that or a skydiving accident at the age of 95, death is an adventure they say, I just hope I live my life to the fullest before that happens :)

frodo1511
10-09-2004, 10:33 PM
"I will die in battle. And hopefully, a battle of my choosing. But, if this be the one, grant me a favor. Don't bury me in our sad little cemetry. Burn me. Burn me and cast my ashes into a strong east wind."

No, I'm not going to die, I'm a ninja.

But, if I do die, then it will be fighting. I always picture myself dying on the battlefield, a MEDIEVAL battlefield, mind you. I guess all this LOTR and King Arthur stuff has gone to my head.

hasselbrad
10-09-2004, 10:47 PM
sounds lovely hasselbrad, just lovely

Ain't it though? Actually, I stole that jewel from a poster on another board. A female poster. Party...party...party!

I'll probably die of a heart attack like the men in my family generally do. But, not after a protracted bout with Alzheimers like my grandfather, and I fear, my father.