PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Football Thread

kilyncw
18-08-2004, 08:39 PM
because i do not have access to a television, i was wondering who won or looks good to win the soccer event in the olympics. it is probably in the 'olympics' thread but there is just so much in there, this is easier.
________
Mexico hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Sarah
18-08-2004, 08:46 PM
I haven't been watching the *football* in the Olympics, so I don't know.

Liam
18-08-2004, 08:47 PM
I wouldnt know either sorry. I only watch the swimming. Mightily entertaining.

I heard Australia v. USA was 1-1, and thats all I know.

kilyncw
18-08-2004, 08:49 PM
yeah i know to the rest of the world it is football, which makes so much more sense, but we americans are crazy wacky like that.
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, my take is this:
Women's: Either US or the Aussie's. Both tied monday, 1-1, and both are favorites.

Men: Argentina or, get this, IRAQ. I thought that Portugal would own them last saturday, but my eyes decieved me. Iraq has a major chance at gold this year.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Decided since you raised this...and since the football is almost seen as "seperate" from the pure olympic sports like swimming athletics and gymnastics...that we may as well have olympic FOOTBALL be discussed in its own thread...

Kelsey
19-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Why isn't this in the olympic thread? weird....anyways....
I'm assuming this is football/soccer? if not, then here are my opinons anyways. first off, i wish the u.s. women's team the best of luck. i love them all, all of our players are amazing, and this is very likely chastain adn hamm's last big tournament. as for men's...i don't care as much. it's always nice to see the americans win (to me, of course), but i'd like to see a european team or somewhere else win this. iraq seems to be the cinderella story so i'd like to see them do well. otherwise portugal and great britain are the other countries i've been going for.

Mistikle
22-08-2004, 03:28 PM
This isn't an olympic tread coz it's football!!!...lol

yeh i agree about the iraq thing, they're are doin very well!!

deviljet88
23-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Olyroos (Australian soccer/football team) sucks balls... Lost to the sentimental favourites Iraq :(

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Iraq have been beating everyone...they've got some good young players...of course it'll be several decades before they win the big one, the World Cup...but they've got plenty of raw talent for sure.

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Iraq have been beating everyone...they've got some good young players...of course it'll be several decades before they win the big one, the World Cup...but they've got plenty of raw talent for sure.

As of now, their in the semifinals for the olympics, forgot who they are playing against...