View Full Version : kill bill

japass
18-08-2004, 12:16 PM
hi all just seen kill bill vol.2and i think it rocks, uma was awesome
qt just makes the best movies ever
thll me wat u think?

Richard
18-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I'll keep this short, because I think just about everyone already expressed their opinions on Kill Bill... that it rocks!

Uma was amazing, as always. Tarantino did it again, so what if he toke years off without a word... but he came back with a huge punch. Classic.

Daryl Hannah, sexy as ever. Don't know why, but I'm drawn to her.

A great movie that should be in everyone's collection. :)

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 08:57 PM
The Kill Bill series is good, but it won't even compare to the likes of:

HERO.

hasselbrad
18-08-2004, 08:58 PM
It made its way into my collection yesterday evening. I'm probably going to watch it tonight.

Louie
18-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I liked the first one better, but the second one was still an awesome movie. That's disgusting when Elle's eye gets plucked in the second movie.

Pygmalion
18-08-2004, 10:50 PM
You didn't like when Elle's eye got plucked out (and mushed into the carpet) but you could stand seeing Sophie's arm get cut off, a guy's tongue being bitten off, oren Ishii being scalped?

I liked the 1st one better as well :P but because i like bloodshed in my movies. no offense but I think Daryl Hannah looks like a man in drag...
I want the japanese version cause all the black and white bits are in colour!

Louie
18-08-2004, 10:58 PM
That made me mad when Sophie's arm got chopped off. Why the hot girl? Why slice the hottie? Could have been anyone, but no, it had to be her. Damn Uma Thurman.

Pygmalion
18-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Totally agree. Sophie's gorgeous...but she's still gorgeous without an arm

Richard
18-08-2004, 11:28 PM
no offense but I think Daryl Hannah looks like a man in drag...

You're not the first one to say that... she kinda does look like a man, but a sexy man. :p

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 12:45 AM
You're not the first one to say that... she kinda does look like a man, but a sexy man. :p

Nothing's wrong with that:)

I thought Lucy Liu's character was really well done in KB Vol. 1

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Kill Bill licks my toenails. It buoys my buoy. It provides an upthrust due to water displacement for my vessel. It floats my trireme. I like it and I want to lick it.

japass
19-08-2004, 06:32 AM
You didn't like when Elle's eye got plucked out (and mushed into the carpet) but you could stand seeing Sophie's arm get cut off, a guy's tongue being bitten off, oren Ishii being scalped?
the mushed eye is realy graphic and different to arms being cut off here and there because all you see is red paint

i seen the japanise dvd and it is amasing
hehehe :icon_razz

Pygmalion
19-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Hah true. But its weird how in Australia you had to be 18 to see the 1st one, when it looked so cheap, but the 2nd one I thought was more graphic-graphics different to violent i guess.

japass
20-08-2004, 04:37 PM
yes different violence i thhought it needed a big samurai sword fight well one that more than two people in it and more pai mai and blood

acliff
20-08-2004, 05:45 PM
yes different violence i thhought it needed a big samurai sword fight well one that more than two people in it and more pai mai and blood

Lets forget the fact that you're 13, and shouldn't have seen it yet. And an impressionable age, where you should certainly not have 2 katanas. Pai Mai was in it for a perfect amount of time. The film was at a different pace, and if there was a big samurai sword fight, then it would not have been different from the first film. And that is not a good thing.

michael22
20-08-2004, 10:24 PM
i totaly agree one was the weird film with the kudos going to japan style fighting with katanas and stuf while two had a more serious and realistic tinge to it more western style fighting and guns used to an effect. and it show chinas martial arts are just as good i am sick of people saying katanas this ninjas that i find a nice claymore works fine :)

acliff
20-08-2004, 10:33 PM
i totaly agree one was the weird film with the kudos going to japan style fighting with katanas and stuf while two had a more serious and realistic tinge to it more western style fighting and guns used to an effect. and it show chinas martial arts are just as good i am sick of people saying katanas this ninjas that i find a nice claymore works fine :)

Punctuation works fine too, I see you're not well trained in its usage.

Katanas are good swords. The art of using a katana is one of the most developed sword fighting arts in history. The culture surrounding the swords and their owners are legendary. Which is why they get more media attention

Pygmalion
21-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Totally agree about the Pai Mai thing, it was the perfect flash back. That scene was awesome when its all dark and you can only hear her breathing...

japass
21-08-2004, 09:22 AM
orginaly posted by acliff
Katanas are good swords. The art of using a katana is one of the most developed sword fighting arts in history. The culture surrounding the swords and their owners are legendary. Which is why they get more media attention

how so incredibly true many marshal arts use them and from countries like china and korea have incorperated the katana in to their arts e.g the korean art of haidong gumdo uses a katana as there main weapon. i have trained with a katana with for three yearsand still only quater way through my training.

Bait
21-08-2004, 09:43 AM
i personally didnt like either that much and i dont think uma thurman is hot...
you asked for our opinions and thats mine

Richard
21-08-2004, 08:57 PM
i personally didnt like either that much and i dont think uma thurman is hot...
you asked for our opinions and thats mine

How very straight-forward... direct... you could have done without the Uma part. But hey, it's your opinion right?

$%$#$##$%$

Pygmalion
22-08-2004, 08:59 AM
I think Uma's attractive in Kill Bill, but then I'm attracted to women with weapons...

japass
22-08-2004, 12:09 PM
u could date my sensei she is 19 and has lots of weapons

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 09:03 PM
u could date my sensei she is 19 and has lots of weapons

Oooh...telephone number please? I love women who can hurt me :p

Err...still not seen part 2...plan on getting it on DVD and feeling like I made a BIG mistake by missing it in the cinema...I get the sneaky feeling it's one of those films best seen on the big screen.

Richard
22-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Oooh...telephone number please? I love women who can hurt me :p

Err...still not seen part 2...plan on getting it on DVD and feeling like I made a BIG mistake by missing it in the cinema...I get the sneaky feeling it's one of those films best seen on the big screen.

I personally think every movie is best seen on the big screen, Freddy Vs. Jason was good in theaters, and now I hate it.

To get back on topic...sort of, I'd like to know what everyone's opinion is on the Daryl Hannah & Uma feud. If there even is one... stupid rumors.

I didn't feel that deserved a thread on it's own, it does involve Kill Bill afterall.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 11:46 PM
I personally think every movie is best seen on the big screen, Freddy Vs. Jason was good in theaters, and now I hate it.

I agree I think big screen is always the best but I'm actually pretty skint and been bogged down with Uni...once these exams are over hoping to get a job and the first thing I'm doing with my paypacket is buying a cinema pass :p

To get back on topic...sort of, I'd like to know what everyone's opinion is on the Daryl Hannah & Uma feud. If there even is one... stupid rumors.

I've not heard these...what're the rumours?

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 11:48 PM

Without a doubt. Everything looks so, uh, big.

I'm trying to use the IMAX theater in KC to play 16 player Halo with it.

japass
25-08-2004, 09:08 AM
i have never heard any of these rumers

Richard
25-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Apparently, Daryl & Uma don't like each other too much. It all started on the Kill Bill set, then while at the premieres they fought over QT's attention. I've heard and read many sources on this, some say they're best friends, some say they hate each other. :icon_conf

I don't know what to believe anymore. Seriously, you guys are living under a rock.

Jacoby
25-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Seriously, you guys are living under a rock.

HAHA. Because we don't know if Daryl and Uma are friends? :icon_lol:

michael22
30-05-2005, 06:13 PM
(Though this is a littlle belated)

I do not use punctuation on mad ramblings.

I agree the katana is a good sword and the warriors skill outstanding. But is not the araabian damaskus steel just as good. The Vikings Celts(Picts and Gaul) and Romans all have great swords (circa 500 A.D) their fighting styles perfectly fitting there strenghts.
A broad sword can be just as deft as a single edged katana or scimitar.
A flick of the wrist can send the blade into a perfect line cut to the throat.

I did not say they where not good or deserving some attention, I just said they receive to much attention

KRev
02-06-2005, 05:36 AM
Ahhh, Kill Bill...

Yet another bit of cinematic genius from Quentin. Is he ever gonna have a miss?

Still, I wish they would've re-released the two volumes as one long super duper kick ass movie. I would've went even though I got the box set.

Scott
02-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Didn't like either of them, I want my money back

Ardnax
02-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I love Kill Bill! Tarantino is a genious! :fencing:

Urbanebula
06-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I loved the first movie and the second one is ok. I'm not gonna rave how its the best movie ever but i will say this. Its the best film out of its genre.

I much prefer WW2 movies.

Scott
12-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I love Kill Bill! Tarantino is a genious! :fencing:

Tarantino is the most OVERRATED person in Hollywood

Keyser_so_so
13-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Tarantino is the most OVERRATED person in Hollywood

Overrated, yes. But one of the select few interesting writer/directors of the past two decades.