PDA

View Full Version : How many people have passports?

Princess
18-08-2004, 07:28 AM
delete

alby
18-08-2004, 07:40 AM
I just renewed mine. I was thinking about going to Italy for winter break. :cool:

deviljet88
18-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Whoops... posted in other thread not knowing it was revised here... Got a passport because of trip overseas 2 years ago.

CFC
18-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I have a passport but I have only used it twice. Once when I went to London and when I went to Mexico.

ChocolateMoose
18-08-2004, 11:43 AM
I've heard that 90% of American's never go outside the state they live in, I guess because they are so big.

CFC
18-08-2004, 11:46 AM
I've heard that 90% of American's never go outside the state they live in, I guess because they are so big.

That sounds way to high. I have never heard that statistic before.

I have been out of my state a billion times.

kilyncw
18-08-2004, 12:30 PM
yeah i've been to about 20+ plus states, but i haven't technically been out of country. my father lives in the U.S. Virgin Islands so that is still technically the united states so i don't need a passport to go there same with my trip to puerto rico.
________
Prilosec Lawyers (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

hasselbrad
18-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Only been to Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas. Hemorrhaging cash in child support payments make international travel an impossibility anyway.

gracie
18-08-2004, 02:12 PM
ive got a passport, canada, mexico, aruba, austria, germany and china in womb

Sarah
18-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I have a passport, well I'd better seeing as I'm going to Belgium in 7 days.

barrington
18-08-2004, 05:44 PM
It'd be more interesting to break this down by country.

Apparently 74% of Brits hold a valid passport, compared to just 8% for Americans.
Quite shocking statistics.

kilyncw
18-08-2004, 05:47 PM
this is true, why is that? just curiosity.

cause i am one of these americans that have no passport.
although i do want to leave and move to europe.
when that happens i will then hold a passport.
________
Goddess Worship Forum (http://www.religionboard.org/goddess-worship/)

Jacoby
18-08-2004, 05:59 PM
America is huge. If an American decides to go somewhere for vacation...it's usually in America v(usually Vegas.) There's no reason to have a passport if you're just going to travel within the states. I, for one, have a passport because America sucks (travelwise) and I must leave.

keira_lover
18-08-2004, 06:18 PM
I've only been to Hawaii and Nevada so no passport for me.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 06:22 PM
What Jacoby said...I mean how many of us go to US destinations when we go on holiday, or ones where the US has a relationship where passports aren't necessary (if memory serves Puerto Rico and The Bahamas both have such a relationship...and there are others too I think)? US citizens don't need one to travel to those locations.

Richard
18-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I have a passport that expired in 1993, I haven't renewed it since.

It's obvious I'm not big on traveling.

Liam
18-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I have two.

Australian and Irish. The Irish one is well handy - can go anywhere in the EU without being subject to border control.

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I had one when I lived in Germany for 5 years, but it's now long-dead.
BUT, when I did have it, mommy and father took me all around Europe, which was fun, I guess, since I was about 7 at the time, and I can only remember Disneyland in Paris, and visiting London for 4 days. How pathetic.

hasselbrad
18-08-2004, 09:10 PM
I drive 500 miles to see my daughter every other weekend, and I'm only one state away! How many different countries will you travel through if you drive 500 miles from Paris?
Yes, America is big, and I haven't even driven across country yet. I hope to do that in the near future.
I would love to travel abroad, but for now, I'll just have to settle for Epcot.

Pygmalion
18-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Got my passport. Went to Europe in 2002, America 2003. My mum said its so I see there's more to life than living in Rural NSW, or even Australia.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Got my passport. Went to Europe in 2002, America 2003. My mum said its so I see there's more to life than living in Rural NSW, or even Australia.

I think parents should make their kids travel as it's just as much part of one's education as going to school or University.

Narg
19-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Ive got a passport, ive only been overseas once, on a cruise.

Kelsey
19-08-2004, 05:19 AM
Yep. I've been to England, Scotland (but I can't remember it), Canada, Mexico (hehe....yay for TJ), France, Spain, Portugal, and Germany for a couple hours. And I have Europe trips planned for the next two summers.

Pygmalion
19-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Hah. Don't ask me why, but that reminds me of a song:
"I've been to Spain, I've been to Rome, I've been to Madagascar..."

johnnyboy
21-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Still a piddling little amount

I have a dutch passport, and I love it, quite safe overseas :)

I've been to the Netherlands (obviously), Australia, New Zealand, France, Belgium, and St. Barths. Planning on England next summer to check out the requirements for the Oxbridge exam and such trivialities, tally-ho ;)

Renegade
21-08-2004, 02:17 AM
I've been to the Netherlands (obviously), Australia, New Zealand, France, Belgium, and St. Barths. Planning on England next summer to check out the requirements for the Oxbridge exam and such trivialities, tally-ho ;)

Wow. Quite a lot of places. Lucky you.

Me only has a passport from my visit to the Philippines.

Snoug
21-08-2004, 09:43 PM
There be much more people with passports if they made it easier to get a passport. I need to bother like 3 officials that i dont even have for signatures and a bunch of other BS just to get one.

im 18 years old. I dont have a attorney, I dont have a doctor. Im out of school.

And geuss what they ask here in canada. For 3 signatures from Either Doctor, teacher or attorney.

Well thats just great now isnt it.

oh and on top of that they need to know you for 2 + years.

So basically its quite bullognie. Id leave the country illegally before i waited 2 years because of a passport.

johnnyboy
21-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow. Quite a lot of places. Lucky you.

Me only has a passport from my visit to the Philippines.

If I sounded pompous I am quite sorry, twasnt intended.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 02:37 AM
There be much more people with passports if they made it easier to get a passport.

There'd be MANY (not much) more terrorists with fake passports if they made it easier to get a passport. :icon_idea

Dyce_Blue
22-08-2004, 03:29 AM
I had an interesting political discussion which pointed out that passport holders had a different view of politics than those who don't hold passports.

I think what she means is that passport holders view politics from a more worldwide point of view.

It is my experience that passport non-holders (like myself), tend to approach politics more domestically minded, not taking into consideration the intricacies of politics in other nations.

This could both be from their overall lack of travel or could actually be the reason they don't travel to begin with. Most xenophobes take no interest whatsoever in the policies and treaties of foreign countries, and few xenophobes hold passports.

rabbit
22-08-2004, 03:59 AM
i've a uk passport which is renewed all the time when it expires. i've been around europe, the us, mexico, china, hk and have to say is the greatest learning experience in life. You learn so much that school nor tv can give you. Hell, i've just come back from a teach in china programme in Shanghai for 10 months and was brilliant to actually live and work there whilst China is still slowly creeping out of communism. Two faceness, relationships etc is the key there. Contracts and law merely exists! out of 80 participants from our group, only 4 were Americans. the rest were Brits.

I guess with a uk passport giving access to europe is great and being so close to so many countries, that travelling is quite cheap. so many offers out there.

When i went to the US, i went for 6 weeks to NY, LA, san Fransisco, Vegas, San Diego, the main tourist spots really and would love to go back to less touristy places, to get a feel of what American life (if it can be termed that) really is.