PDA

View Full Version : Bored-to-death

frodo1511
17-08-2004, 10:46 PM
http://movies.go.com/movies/S/shaun-of-the-dead_2004/index.html
Title: Shaun of the Dead

Ok, I saw this trailer while seeing AVP, and I got to say, this movie has got to be (opinion-based) the funniest idea for a movie ever. It's release date is september 24, but it's already out in UK. I mean, how funny can you get: Everyone who does the same boring shit day in, day out, turn into mindless zombies!! I can't wait for this movie to come. Any thoughts?

Louie
17-08-2004, 11:01 PM
That movie looks hilarious.

keira_lover
18-08-2004, 01:13 AM
It's no Dumb and Dumber (which, by the way, is undisputably the funniest movie ever made), but it still looks worth while.

Kelsey
18-08-2004, 01:52 AM
I remember Cliff telling me about that movie awhile ago....I'm so glad we're getting it here.

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 02:06 AM
I remember Cliff telling me about that movie awhile ago....I'm so glad we're getting it here.

yeah, I don't know how long it's been out in UK.
...Anyone?

Spire
18-08-2004, 02:30 AM
This movie has been covered by Ain't It Cool News (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com) has done a ton of coverage on this movie, go check the archives for dozens upon dozens of reviews and impressions.

ChocolateMoose
18-08-2004, 07:32 AM
It came out in the UK on the 9th April, wooo! Havent seen it though really want to, its got some really talented people in it...Simon Pegg, Lucy Davis (Dawn in The Office) and Bill Nighy (Billy Mack in Love Actually).

The films official website is http://uip.co.uk/romzom/

It is released in the UK on video and DVD Region 2 on the 6th September. Might have to go and buy it!

:)

acliff
18-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Its been out for quite some time, I've got it on my computer, and its repeat watch fare. Fucking excellent film it is. Watch out for the London surburb setting. Looks identical to teddington, richmond and all the places where I frequent. Oh and the pub in it is absolutely typical of a local pub in England. Good stuff.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Still not seen it as I'm a lazy fucker :D But from what I've seen it does look funny...and Simon Pegg's a fucking comedy genius.

And I'm loving the fact someone used an original title...not "Shaun of the Dead" which just would've been unoriginal and crap...gg mate.

Richard
18-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I'm all for zombie films... and it looks decent. Ain't it obvious that it's a comedy version of 28 Days Later. :icon_surp

Good rental, when it's available.

kilyncw
18-08-2004, 07:20 PM
It's no Dumb and Dumber (which, by the way, is undisputably the funniest movie ever made), but it still looks worth while.

good call, tis the funniest, i've not heard of this other movie though, i'm about to check it out now.
________
Honda Today (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Today)

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Still not seen it as I'm a lazy fucker :D But from what I've seen it does look funny...and Simon Pegg's a fucking comedy genius.

And I'm loving the fact someone used an original title...not "Shaun of the Dead" which just would've been unoriginal and crap...gg mate.

Thanks, hazzle. I feel special :icon_popc

I do have to agree with Richard on how this is like a 28 days later knock-off, minus the whole Rage virus, plus the funny. I think SofD will give Dodgeball and Napoleon Dynamite a run for funniest movie of the year.
..The idea is just brilliant! How come no one else has ever thought of movie like this before? :icon_conf

Richard
18-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks, hazzle. I feel special :icon_popc

I do have to agree with Richard on how this is like a 28 days later knock-off, minus the whole Rage virus, plus the funny. I think SofD will give Dodgeball and Napoleon Dynamite a run for funniest movie of the year.
..The idea is just brilliant! How come no one else has ever thought of movie like this before? :icon_conf

To break it down. It has the concept of Scary Movie, but with zombies. :icon_popc

duckula
18-08-2004, 09:35 PM
And it's funny.

Pygmalion
18-08-2004, 11:11 PM
I was looking up Dylan Moran and I saw this movie title in his list of upcoming thingies, Having just seen Dawn of the dead, it intrigued me...

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:41 PM
And it's funny.

It's English...course it's funny.

acliff
18-08-2004, 11:45 PM

Not everything English is funny. Like the weather, and yourself. A double whammy of English depression and tedious inevitability.

duckula
18-08-2004, 11:47 PM

Like the Carry On films? They were hilarious.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Not everything English is funny. Like the weather, and yourself. A double whammy of English depression and tedious inevitability.

Tedious inevitability...how ironic since I said that very statement to see if you'd bite and make a "You're not funny" joke...predictable? Oh yes you are :p

Like the Carry On films? They were hilarious.

They were actually...but this is about Shaun of the Dead, isn't it?

duckula
18-08-2004, 11:54 PM
It is about SotD but the Carry On films were decidedly unfunny. Now the Ealing comedies, they were funny.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:55 PM
It is about SotD but the Carry On films were decidedly unfunny. Now the Ealing comedies, they were funny.

Carry on Films were classic...bawdy British humour at it's best...puns galore...I'm a big fan of the double entendre and punnage and they were full of it...only problem with them for me were the fact the series went on too long and ended up being repetitive...but the underlying comedy is funny.

acliff
18-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Tedious inevitability...how ironic since I said that very statement to see if you'd bite and make a "You're not funny" joke...predictable? Oh yes you are :p

Doesn't make it any less funny or true :)
Now why don't you reiterate what you've just said for greater effect? It might become even more ironic!

duckula
18-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Carry on Films were classic...bawdy British humour at it's best...puns galore...I'm a big fan of the double entendre and punnage and they were full of it...only problem with them for me were the fact the series went on too long and ended up being repetitive...but the underlying comedy is funny.

Not funny. Ever. I've had funnier fungal infections.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Doesn't make it any less funny or true :)
Now why don't you reiterate what you've just said for greater effect? It might become even more ironic!

Oh...ho ho ho...you're so funny...hahaha...please...I can't breathe...excuse me while I go sew up my sides...

Not funny. Ever. I've had funnier fungal infections.

Oh? Do tell...comedy is something I need to learn about it seems...you can introduce me to the fungal infection school :p

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Funny is a difficult thing to explain. But its abscence is very easy to spot.

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Funny is a difficult thing to explain. But its abscence is very easy to spot.

Quote Morpheous on this one: "You can not be told what funny is, you have to see it for yourself."

Anywho, I was watching the trailer again(for the 25th time it seems) and I was wondering if the news broadcasters in the film are actually braodcasters in real life. I know that in some movies in the states, they use real anchormen, but I dunno.

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:08 AM
They are real anchormen. Real zombies aswell.

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 12:13 AM
They are real anchormen. Real zombies aswell.

Mmmm... I figured they were real zombies. Kinda like the people on KKW, don't you think?

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Quicker witted though.

frodo1511
19-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Quicker witted though.

And a lot more smelly, if I do say so meself.

?, what other movies has Simon Pegg been in?

duckula
19-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, he was in an episode of Band of Brothers. Try looking at imdb.com.