PDA

View Full Version : NY-LON

Hazzle
17-08-2004, 09:44 PM
This is really a thread that concerns UK people only, as I'm not sure this series is airing anywhere else.

Anyone planning to watch it? Anyone seen the ads, trailers etc...what do you guys think of the premise?

For those who don't know it's about a London guy who meets this girl...but the girl's from New York (I BELIEVE she's visiting London)...anyway...they fall in love...Londoner and New Yorker...but she has to go back...and then it's about the distance and their "relationship" and stuff...seems interesting...it's Channel 4 drama and usually those are good (Second Generation was by them too if memory serves)...and I'm loving the title...who knew the international shorthand for New York and London (such as they use on airline tags) put together made the word Nylon?

acliff
17-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a title that *even* you could come up with!!!

If its at all on par with second generation, I shall watch it.

Kelsey
18-08-2004, 01:58 AM
That's like a screenplay I wrote.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a title that *even* you could come up with!!!

If its at all on par with second generation, I shall watch it.

It should be...I'll give the first episode a go...see how it goes...

As for the title...I didn't really mean it was very original, or especially creative just interesting how the two shorthands come together to make a word.

That's like a screenplay I wrote.

Oh cool...that's happened kinda to me before...wrote a short story the plot to which I later saw as a movie a couple of years later...such is life :p

Kelsey
19-08-2004, 05:29 AM
I hate when that happens. Like, I thought of Sweet Home Alabama (the movie, not the song) first!!! But oh well, great minds think alike.