PDA

View Full Version : What brings you here?

Ashley
24-06-2004, 09:14 PM
We have the what do you do thread so I though we could do a what brings you here thread so we know why everyone is at our lovely forum in our lovely dysfunctional family.
As obvious as it seems that everyone is here because they love Keira, that's not always the case. As in mine. I was wondering about the internet as I read somewhere that Keira was only 18 or some when she made Pirates. I didn't believe it and so I found my was to the Wavefront and found that it was true. I read through the forums and found some good threads and conversations. Plus, the officers are hilarious. I'm bascially still here for the non-Keira conversation. Don't get me wrong she has some talent but ::Shrugs::

Anyway, now it's your turn, why are you here?

wee me
24-06-2004, 09:17 PM
im here because.....well i think keira is a really good actress and all and i really like potc so i came here firstly to see about the new one, and because i heard she was making pride and prejudice! but i do think shes good.

acliff
24-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I am here, as I like locking things.

Only joking.... honest.

I came here originally to spam. August 1st was my gate crashing. After days of spammination, they locked the gates behind me, and I've been trapped here since.

Mandy
24-06-2004, 09:25 PM
I honestly don't know why I'm here...at least I can't remember why I joined. I don't particularly like Keira all THAT much. I mean she's cool and all, but I don't think she's the greatest. All I know is that I liked it so much that I'm still here. I like you guys.

Pete
24-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Hmmm originally came here because liked natalie portman in sw1 and found out her decoy was keira.... and well the rest is history....

heh and of course bend it like beckham.....

Renegade
24-06-2004, 10:30 PM
I was obsessed with everything Keira around Christmas-Early January. Thus, I joined KKW. Now that my obsession has sorta worn thin, I guess I stick around mainly cus of the funny threads, mods, and to witness newbies get yelled at by mods.

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 10:48 PM
I wrote a screenplay for her so I came here to blend in and gather information, but now I don't really care that much, so I mostly stick around for the people. And because I hate change and this takes up so much of my time that I would be lost without it.

deviljet88
25-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Watched Bend it Like beckham, then forgot about her until Princess of Thieves came on television, so thought I'd check out what sites had info about her.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Errr...where am I? I'm lost? :confused:

Who are all you people? :eek:

<screams>

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 02:41 AM
i saw bend it like beckham, love it and became a huge fan, liked POTC, it was hard to understand since i went to the bathroom and Jack kept lying so i was sorta lost. i think Keira rocks and has awesome potential and would like to encourage her. no one i know is a huge fan or goes on line everyday. plus my only other option in my house is cleaning my room and i vowed i'd only do that when hell froze over, god forbid :eek: . and i generally like the crowd though sometimes scary i've decided to stay. :cool:

Louie
25-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Like Renegade, I was obsessed with Keira in December/January and I looked through the forums and decided to join. I still like Keira, but I stay because KKW takes up about an hour and a half of my day, and without KKW I wouldn't know how to spend that extra time.

Richard
25-06-2004, 04:15 AM
Like Renegade, I was obsessed with Keira in December/January and I looked through the forums and decided to join. I still like Keira, but I stay because KKW takes up about an hour and a half of my day, and without KKW I wouldn't know how to spend that extra time.

My words exactly. I saw Keira for the first time on a interview clip on Access Hollywood for "Bend It Like Beckham", and immediately became infatuated. But now, like some of the old members, have started to lose interest. It doesn't mean I don't like her, I still think she's a goddess. But I've noticed a major decrease of time and effort spent on the internet researching Keira. I don't necessarily like to say I'm obsessed with anyone, but I think I can with Keira. She's actually the longest celebrity I still have interest in, why her is beyond me.

Louie
25-06-2004, 04:21 AM
My words exactly. I saw Keira for the first time on a interview clip on Access Hollywood for "Bend It Like Beckham", and immediately became infatuated. But now, like some of the old members, have started to lose interest. It doesn't mean I don't like her, I still think she's a goddess. But I've noticed a major decrease of time and effort spent on the internet researching Keira. I don't necessarily like to say I'm obsessed with anyone, but I think I can with Keira. She's actually the longest celebrity I still have interest in, why her is beyond me.

Yeah Keira has been the only celebrity that I've ever been obsessed with. I'm still obsessed with her, but nothing compared to what I was 6 months ago. And as with you, I have no idea why I chose Keira to get obsessed with.

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah Keira has been the only celebrity that I've ever been obsessed with. I'm still obsessed with her, but nothing compared to what I was 6 months ago. And as with you, I have no idea why I chose Keira to get obsessed with.

me too, i was really into sarah michelle gellar when buffy was on, then Jessica alba but then i just eventually stopped really caring. i've been with kkw and keira for about a year now, i think it might be because she's continually in films and the info provided by kkw and paul's sight have kept in keyed in rather then being lost and not interested. like i know when she's filming and that gets be excited about the film. and i'm informed about her upcoming projects and her where abouts.

barrington
25-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Saw Bend It Like Beckham with Pete.
Got Drunk.
Thought I might make a website.
Other cretins arrived.

Glare
25-06-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm here to make sure this site is still running in 50 years when Keira has over 100 movies behind her and is considered worlds greatest.

deviljet88
25-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm here to make sure this site is still running in 50 years when Keira has over 100 movies behind her and is considered worlds greatest.
In 50 years, Keira will be over 69. You will be 78, and I will be 64... *shivers*

mufiman
25-06-2004, 09:42 AM
i saw a trailer for "bend it like beckham" and i thought it was winona ryder for some reason. i looked her up and got hooked. very strange, shes been the only actress ive ever been so infatuated with and thats pretty much how i got here.

Glare
25-06-2004, 09:45 AM
In 50 years, Keira will be over 69. You will be 78, and I will be 64... *shivers*

I will be dead by then, I dream of being shot trying to save some woman, each year it sort of become clearer and clearer and I see more details, not sure if it's a good thing or not, but its entertainment. :D

Vertical Vortex
25-06-2004, 10:45 AM
I am here... to hang out with all you lovely people! thnx for making that possible :o

Flightfreak
25-06-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm here, because i like keira's, work, looks, and here personality ;)
and i like to chat with you people :D

Liam
25-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Why am I here?

I've been here since the beginning you grasshopper. I was the first cretin that Baz mentioned to arrive. I was bored and quite possibly drunk and offered to help out. Been here since.

Basically I'm here for the people. I've made a few good friends through this website, met them, eaten a farm with them and sliced the fuck out of boxes with bokken with them.

A shout out to the meat challenge chaps. Mraw.

Oh, and I'm also here to crack Haz over the bonce with a big stick.

Sarah
25-06-2004, 03:16 PM
I've been a fan of Keira since I first saw her. But I never really thought about internet sites until last August. Then after I went to see Pirates, I searched the internet and came accross KKW. The rest is history and I've been here ever since. I like the forums, even though many of the people here are ><.

acliff
25-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I've been a fan of Keira since I first saw her. But I never really thought about internet sites until last August. Then after I went to see Pirates, I searched the internet and came accross KKW. The rest is history and I've been here ever since. I like the forums, even though many of the people here are cunts.

:O You're too young to use the C word!!
On that note, can we curb the use of the word from now on? I know the old timers are somewhat desensitised to the world, but lets think of the little kiddies! Only use it for important situations please.

barrington
25-06-2004, 06:24 PM
If you find a forum without cunts, the forum must be about as popular as the Cheeky Girls. We don't screen for idiocy.

Sarah
25-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Goodness me, calm down.I was only saying. I don't normally swear, I don't really see the point in it, but just lately I've just come out with it. Frankly, anyone who swears can't hold a convosation at all. I haven't been able to for a while. I'll edit my post if the use of such a word causes such alarm. My apologies.

acliff
25-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Well I don't mind swearing, I mean I can fucking hold a conversation just as well as the other cunts. Sarah, you know how much I swear, its all in a bit of fun, but we don't want to scare off naive, less resilient members you see. We want them to stay, so we can mould them to our every whim.

Pygmalion
26-06-2004, 03:40 AM
I stumbled on the origional forum whilst looking for pictures of the lovely Keira; the idea of a forum about her intrigued me and here i am! :)

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Oh, and I'm also here to crack Haz over the bonce with a big stick.

Yes yes, but the post wasn't about what we get up to in the privacy of our own bedrooms Liam...tut tut...I thought that was private between us :o

And I thought it was Cliff's job to beat me with the stick...you were supposed to do something else with it ;)

Glare
26-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Nice to see people showing maturity and thinking with their heads before they click the Submit button.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Nice to see people showing maturity and thinking with their heads before they click the Submit button.

Pffft...me? Maturity? And THINKING?!?! What are you on...with all due respect my Lord, Our Saviour :p ?

Glare
26-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Will you please stop this saviour crap, and you really should know when I am being sarcastic.

Liam
26-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Yes yes, but the post wasn't about what we get up to in the privacy of our own bedrooms Liam...tut tut...I thought that was private between us :o

And I thought it was Cliff's job to beat me with the stick...you were supposed to do something else with it ;)

You are a sick, sick man. :D

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Will you please stop this saviour crap, and you really should know when I am being sarcastic.

Hehe...I only pull your leg with the saviour bit mate...don't take it so seriously. As for sarcasm, I spotted it, and played off it...y'know...banter and all that malarkey.

You are a sick, sick man. :D

Too true...but you love it, don't you? :p

acliff
26-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Leave your courting to PMs, and remove yourselves from our morbidly fascinated imaginations. I'm not going to hit Haz with a stick due to pity. He has obviously been beaten, and violated with an ugly stick, thrown off an ugly plane, breathed in some ugly air, richocheted off an ugly skyscraper, broken every ugly branch, and swallowed all the ugly leaves on the way down.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Leave your courting to PMs, and remove yourselves from our morbidly fascinated imaginations.

Oh c'mon...every forum community needs it own love story :p

I'm not going to hit Haz with a stick due to pity. He has obviously been beaten, and violated with an ugly stick, thrown off an ugly plane, breathed in some ugly air, richocheted off an ugly skyscraper, broken every ugly branch, and swallowed all the ugly leaves on the way down.

Quite...since when did I dispute I was an ugly git? :p

Mistikle
27-06-2004, 03:18 PM
i like keira coz she's a great actress and i love her movies
plus she seems like a great person!!

Liam
28-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh c'mon...every forum community needs it own love story :p

Fuck off. :P

Hazzle
28-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Fuck off. :P

Awwww...he misses meh :D

Seriously though...what brings me here...well...there are several theories on this...some say that the Creator in his infinite wisdom picked up a handful of dust and made it into man...and then out of man's spare parts he made the lesser gender, woman...others say it all has something to do with some big bout of sex in the sky...still others say we're not really here and it's all some big mistake or some drug induced hallucination...personally I prefer the latter theory...it seems so much more fun :p

DragonRat
29-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I came to the old Wavefront forums, because of Pirates of the Caribbean, and stuck around because of Bend It Like Beckham. I go here now, because the old one was shut down. And I'm a Newcomer.

Mistikle
29-06-2004, 12:36 PM
I came to the old Wavefront forums, as well!! Mainly because of Bend It Like Beckham!!! love that movie!! funny as!!

Jollie
29-06-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm basically dragged in here. Leonie convinced me to join the group.

Narg
30-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I stumbled across the site after seeing the ads for KA, and remembering POTC, Ive yet to watch her other movies ( only snippits from BILB at school ), but i am getting them soon. I signed up to the forums because i was bored, but i mainly use irc.

Hazzle
01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Now I can't leave - it's like routine.

Hehe...someone else who views it as part of a routine :)

Pygmalion
02-07-2004, 02:00 AM
I have to agree with dearest mentee Ashlyn. I'm over my Keira phase, I still think she's gorgeous, but, well you know how it is. I find it as part of a routine-specially in the hols, means I don't have to talk to my sister (who is often called "Quinn" from Daria) :)

Hazzle
02-07-2004, 03:48 AM
I have to agree with dearest mentee Ashlyn. I'm over my Keira phase, I still think she's gorgeous, but, well you know how it is.

Yeah...I've just come to the realisation that she will one day be my wife, so I just need to bide my time and let fate do the rest :p.

Jacoby
02-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Yeah...I've just come to the realisation that she will one day be my wife, so I just need to bide my time and let fate do the rest :p.

I think we all have come to the realisation that she will become your wife someday.
I came here after seeing Pirates when my sister bought it. I was obsessed with Keira for about 2-3 weeks. But after that time I became obsessed with a different girl. :)

Hazzle
03-07-2004, 02:57 AM
I think we all have come to the realisation that she will become your wife someday.

Yeah...figure if I say it enough it may come true :o

Alendor
03-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm here because of Keira as I was from the start or almost. If it wasn't for her, I'll probably just sink away to the Danish Buffyforum, where I have been very active this spring hence not being here as much. This is the only place for decent Keiracoverage.
So as much as I want to say I'm still here because of you guys, I can't. Keira was and still is my reason.

Edward
03-07-2004, 09:10 AM
was looking around on the old keiraknightly.com site

and someone posted some christmas message thing on the forum telling everyone to send their message in on the kkwavefront forum :)

and here i am

Moe
03-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Curiousity, mainly. I stumbled upon #kkw on hwcommunity, then found out who barrington was, and signed up to see what one does on a forum dedicated to a single person. It has been very instructive so far.

Hazzle
03-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Curiousity, mainly. I stumbled upon #kkw on hwcommunity, then found out who barrington was, and signed up to see what one does on a forum dedicated to a single person. It has been very instructive so far.

The weird scientist guy is studying us...we're all part of a giant experiment aimed at taking over the world using fora :eek:

Sephiroth v2.0
03-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah...I've just come to the realisation that she will one day be my wife, so I just need to bide my time and let fate do the rest .

Locks.. Loads.. Aims...
<Distant chime of the clock tower>
:cool:

Moe
03-07-2004, 05:25 PM
The weird scientist guy is studying us...we're all part of a giant experiment aimed at taking over the world using fora :eek:

Whee, he used the word "fora" as well.

And no, my plans to take over the world have nothing to do with these particular forums (Happy, Panth... err barrington?).

duckula
03-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Another relic denizen?

Hazzle
04-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Whee, he used the word "fora" as well.

And no, my plans to take over the world have nothing to do with these particular forums (Happy, Panth... err barrington?).

I only used fora because you did ;)

Another relic denizen?

Woo...Ducky is back!!! Arrrr...let the mayhem commence!

ryan
04-07-2004, 03:52 AM
on a completely unrelated note, i found a bottle of generic vicodin laying around the house and i'm now back to temporary junkie status.
the temptation was just too much.

apoggy
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
What brought me here?

Fresh blood

Hazzle
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
What brought me here?

Fresh blood

And all the kiddies...you filthy filthy man...

Moe
04-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Another relic denizen?

That's me, I'm Moe on RB. What about you?

duckula
05-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Duckula (long term listener, few time caller, been about since sno, I know Ionfish).

Sephiroth v2.0
06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Another relic denizen?
He's back, finally hows the rennovations Duckeh?

duckula
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
The rennovations are progressing, almost in the final stage, too much like hard work however.

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I'll have you know Sephy has deviously tried to make out that I made that comment...when in fact Ducky made it :p