PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: teachers

Nova Desty
13-08-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm very very bat in english, so I'm looking for some teachers that are so patient to try to teach me a little english! :icon_read please! :icon_bigg

Hazzle
13-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I could try...but I'm not a teacher...I've tutored a bit, but never English...I'm happy to do it if you'd like though.

Narg
13-08-2004, 01:16 PM
I help out parox and flightfreak on the odd occasion, but there english is already really good.

deviljet88
13-08-2004, 02:33 PM
You need help with your spelling Narg.

Hazzle
13-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Hehe...yes...how ironic that one offering English lessons is unaware of the difference between "there" and "their" :)

Flightfreak
13-08-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm very very bat in english, so I'm looking for some teachers that are so patient to try to teach me a little english! :icon_read please! :icon_bigg

I cant teach u English but i can gif u some tips:

Come on mirc and just try to chat, chat chat ...
Watch English movies whit out subtitles(or they need to be english).
Use a translate machine like altavista, and use the autocorrecter in word, so u don’t embarrass your self to match

ps: I posted my first English post 3months ago, whit my little brother's help (it was so embarrassing) :)

frodo1511
13-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Sure, I'll help out, Nova. Whatever you need help with, I'll try to work it out.

keira_lover
13-08-2004, 06:47 PM
English? Sure I can help you. The doc says I need to start helping people more, so you'll be my qouta for the day. :kidding:

Jacoby
13-08-2004, 07:59 PM
You people do realize that you may need to know some Italian to help Nova Desty, right? It would be tough teaching an Italian the English language without knowing Italian yourself. Unless you used pictures or something...

You don't have to worry too much Nova Desty, we can all understand you quite well. You too flightfreak, you almost speak perfect English. :)

alby
13-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm sure everyone would be of assistance. My friends tell me that those Rosetta Stone language programs work pretty well, but I haven't tried them so I can't say for certain.

English? Sure I can help you. The doc says I need to start helping people more, so you'll be my qouta for the day. :kidding:

:icon_lol:

DefyingGravity
14-08-2004, 12:01 AM
I help out parox and flightfreak on the odd occasion, but there english is already really good.

"English" should be capitalized.

I'm a grammar freak. If I went around correcting every single grammar mistake on this forum I'd have an aneurism. I could help you, if you want.

I'm sure everyone would be of assistance. My friends tell me that those Rosetta Stone language programs work pretty well, but I haven't tried them so I can't say for certain.

Yes! Yes, yes, they work quite well. Only I've never tried their English program, just their Spanish program. I suggest Rosetta Stone. They work.

alby
14-08-2004, 12:40 AM
You people do realize that you may need to know some Italian to help Nova Desty, right? It would be tough teaching an Italian the English language without knowing Italian yourself. Unless you used pictures or something...

Yeah, I agree. You have to know the nuances of Italian to effectively teach Nova Desty English. I remember how my language teacher in high school went insane trying to explain Latin to a Spanish foreign exchange student.

"English" should be capitalized. I'm a grammar freak. If I went around correcting every single grammar mistake on this forum I'd have an aneurism. I could help you, if you want.

:icon_lol:

Pygmalion
14-08-2004, 08:46 AM
I've taught english before, my japanese friend. Be happy to lend a hand

Narg
14-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Hehe...yes...how ironic that one offering English lessons is unaware of the difference between "there" and "their" :)

i simply dont care, its online, i type quick to get my message across, if i was teaching lessons i would be more carefull on the spelling side, im sure everyone understood what i said.

I'd just like to add something, picking at every spelling mistake someone makes on a forum is just fucking stupid, get a clue.

Hazzle
14-08-2004, 11:36 AM
i simply dont care, its online, i type quick to get my message across, if i was teaching lessons i would be more carefull on the spelling side, im sure everyone understood what i said.

Yes yes...you do need a sense of humour transplant though...noone was taking a pot shot, just having a laugh...silly boy :p

I'd just like to add something, picking at every spelling mistake someone makes on a forum is just fucking stupid, get a clue.

I only did it once...and although "someone" has done it a few times now...I'd rather we didn't get a fight started here, mmmkay? Play nice kids...

Narg
14-08-2004, 01:54 PM
roger that eagle one.

Liam
15-08-2004, 11:38 AM
I only teach combat flight theory. Sorry.

Nova Desty
16-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks to all, I need a tutorial on the basic grammar because now I'm writing without a rule. I think that with a dictionary I can understand wath you say, how I ever do till now. Now I'm strarting an oliday journey across France, probably I came back in two weeks, so see you later. :)

kilyncw
16-08-2004, 05:10 PM
i tutored english my senior year, it was fun but that's how f*ed my school was. because i was failing but since they knew i was actually very good at it, but just refused to do a research paper, they made me a tutor. its cool though cause they told me i needed to be passing all classes to go on the trip and be in the play, musical, and senior variety show. So, i nailed a 98 or a 3.9 which you go by in the last marking period so i could be in everything. haha and i did an entire analysis on dr. jeckyll and mr. hyde and the psycological contrasts of the writer in one week. yeah 12 pages. so i could help a little bit. but i don't read much, just watch the movie, and if there was no movie made it couldn't have been that great of a book. haha. terrible view on things i know.
________
Suzuki Escudo (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Escudo)