PDA

View Full Version : worst jobs/best jobs

kilyncw
12-08-2004, 02:44 PM
since i am currently at work, and am counting down the days till i get to go home forever, current countdown is at 1066 days, i am working on that though cause i am injured haha. but yeah it wouldn't be as bad if i could see the girl i love and my family and friends as well every day but i am stuck at maybe once a month if i am lucky. so yeah the corps is the worst job ever. other shitty jobs is a waiter at a crappy restaurant.

the greatest jobs i've had are running a recreational center my senior year of high school, djing weddings, high school dances, and some of the greatest parties, and working at a radio station.

what are yours?
________
Aromed Vaporizer 4.0 (http://vaporizers.net)

AureaMediocritas
12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
worst job (and current job) : at water treatment works... the smell is great
plus , i see more s*** in one hour than other people in their entire life

best job : corrector at a newspaper

hasselbrad
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
The worst, without a doubt, had to be my last job.
I covered the Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and the Florida Panhandle for a company which imported construction fasteners...i.e. screws.
Absolute cluster-fuck. We'd let them know what items we wanted to run specials on, they'd print up the flyers for us to fax to customers. We'd fax them out and customers would start ordering the product, and then they would cut those items off of our shipments. Screaming customers...no product...fabulous.

The best job was, and always will be, man-whore. ;)
Seriously, I was a photographer at Glamour Shots. That was pretty cool. Especially when hot divorcees flirted with me.

Sarah
12-08-2004, 03:26 PM
The best job in the world, for me, is a journalist. As for bad jobs, I wouldn't like to be a prostitute.

duckula
12-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Worst has to be anything working with old people who have given up (ie in a nursing home).

Best job. Toss up between an astronaut and action film director.

Richard
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
The best job for me, would be a video store clerk.

The worst would be having a McJob.

Flightfreak
12-08-2004, 08:23 PM
the best job for me would probably be "bush pilot"
and the worst, would probably be a bottom workman in a factory.

Mandy
12-08-2004, 08:30 PM
The worst job I had was working at a pizza place. There was shit pay, and I was forced to work extra hours...without time and a half.

I really like my job now, but I'd rather be an entertainer of some sort (I don't mean stripper). Singing would be fantastic, even if it is just a lounge singer, or like working on a cruise ship. To me, that would be the best even if I didn't get paid a ton (just enough to get by).

frodo1511
12-08-2004, 08:45 PM
worst job: anything to do with poo.
best job: body guard.
"we all know you wouldn't take a bullet for anyone!"
" yeah, but he don't know that."

Serioulsly, though, a fighter pilot, or an actor would be cool, with an underground street racer gig on the side.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 09:31 PM
I'd rather be an entertainer of some sort (I don't mean stripper).

Damn! Another dream shattered...

Hmmm...is this supposed to be the best/worst jobs we've DONE, or that we'd like, as it seems confusing.

hasselbrad
12-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Damn! Another dream shattered...

Hmmm...is this supposed to be the best/worst jobs we've DONE, or that we'd like, as it seems confusing.

Hey...chin up, she did say lounge singer on a cruise ship. They usually wear pretty revealing dresses. I kind of like something left up to the imagination anyway.

frodo1511
12-08-2004, 09:43 PM

I thought it was worst jobs DONE, but then people started chatting about worst/best jobs they would LIKE. Oh well, go with the flow people.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, well, all the jobs I've done ever were ALL shit...but as for the ones I'd LIKE or DISLIKE the most...hmmm...

Best: Keira Knightley's bodypainter on King Arthur (c'mon...had to be said :D)

Worst: Being a KKW mod...no no...I kid...PLEEEASE don't take my lockstick away.

MC117
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
i think my job is the best since i get to travel alot.
the worst job would be something boring. back years ago i had a summer job at a shoe store. and it sucked so bad, i think sales is the worst

frodo1511
12-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, well, all the jobs I've done ever were ALL shit...but as for the ones I'd LIKE or DISLIKE the most...hmmm...

Best: Keira Knightley's bodypainter on King Arthur (c'mon...had to be said :D)

Worst: Being a KKW mod...no no...I kid...PLEEEASE don't take my lockstick away.

RATS! hazz, you stole the best job in the world! thief:(

CFC
12-08-2004, 11:17 PM
I just got hired today for my first real job. I am gonna be working at a local sporting goods store here. The Manager is cool so it should be a fun job. Up until now the only real job I have had was coaching at a lacrosse camp, which was hell.

barrington
12-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Best job I've never had: Lunar lander captain.
Worst job I've never had: Bathroom attendant in a gay bar.

Best job I've really had: Graphic designer.
Worst job I've really had: Lunar lander captain. The office decor was dour and grey.

Kelsey
12-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Best job I've had is working at the movies - I love it. Worst job I've ever had is being a human directional. I last two hours.

My ideal job would be as a film/tv producer and writer where I could have a job that I would love every second of, work my own hours, work from anywhere by phone and internet, and still have time to be an awesome parent.

EmotionSickness
12-08-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm only 19, so I haven't a career yet and I've never been anything but a waitress. The best waitressing job I ever had, in terms of income and environment, would have to be when I used to wait tables at a nice, little Irish-style restaurant/pub we have here called Bennagin's (even though the late-night, man-handlers -- or assgrabbers, as we'd call them -- could get out of hand sometimes). The worst? Probably my current employer -- a country store/restaurant called Cracker Barrel. Plenty of disgruntled old people to go around. I swear, last week I was tipped in hard candy. :(

My ideal job would be writing for Rolling Stone, or some other high-profile music magazine.

Elijahfan
13-08-2004, 12:05 AM
best job: video clerk, yes already mentioned though, i'm going to try and get that job when i'll old enough, but for now applying to target store

worst job: working with people, i've been forced to serve people food for as long as i remember, now i hate just about everyone i see in certain towns

alby
13-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Worst job I've ever had: Working for the Admissions Office. You never know what kind of bullshit personal essays you'll get to read. For example, an Indian kid wrote about how his parents walked in on him while he was jerking off and how that made him a better person. He also forgot to delete DUKE from the header of his essay -- rather careless for someone not applying to DUKE.

Best job I've ever had: Working for Paine Webber before it was absorbed by UBS. Even while clients were losing money, it all so relaxing.

Narg
13-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Worst job ive had: Hungry Jacks. fucking pile of shithole motherfucker shitwank cocksucking hamburger making dickfucks. But i quit 2 days ago, so fuck em.

Best job ive had: er, well none, ive worked at hj's for like 4 years, but im starting a new job soon in a supermarket doing nightfill, it seems ok, alot better than hungry jacks thats for sure, Oh sometimes i get asked to build computers for people, they pay me like 200bux a pop, and im only ordering shit, screwing shit together and installing software, pretty easy haul if you ask me :).

Days_of_Flesh
15-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Worst: In a movie theater.

Unless your a projectionist or in the box office, you're basically a glorified janitor.

Liam
15-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Worst: 'Customer Service Attendant'. This basically meant I had to pretend I cared how random people's days were going as I scanned their stuff through a register. Pay was good though.

Best: Theres no such fucking thing.

Dream: F-15C / MiG-29 pilot. Of course, a MiG-25 at Mach 3 would be spiffing too.

Louie
15-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Don't really know if this is counted as a job, but a baseball player would be the perfect job for me.

Snoug
16-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Im a pool boy its the worst job in the beginning of summer. I need to scoop all the rotten leaves out of the tarps then take them off. There all slimy. Smells horrible and its like scooping poo out of a tarp. Then you got to pull it off and it gets all over your cloths.

Luckily that lasts only about 2 1/2 months but still it is horrible.

Im doing pool cleaning now which is great, though the chlorine can get in your nostrils and cause you to gag. :icon_err:

Oh and for best job i would have to say..... Truck driver. Just hangin out driving from spot A to spot B that would be the best. :fencing:

Object Of Affection
16-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Best job for me would probably be a : Stand up comedian of some sort (bring laughter to all who watch)

Worst job for me would "be" : Working in somerfields (supermarket) on a sunday morning "reminds me of a scene out of dawn of the dead"

hasselbrad
16-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I can't imagine a job worse than working the desk in lost luggage at the airport. Cleaning out Port-A-Potties would be a close second, but at least you wouldn't be getting yelled at while you are dealing with shit.