PDA

View Full Version : What's your poison?

hasselbrad
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I'll play bartender, and ask "what'll ya have?"

Myself...I like Bourbon on the rocks. Maker's Mark is the standby, but on special occasions I'll break out the Knob Creek or Booker's
Beer, can't drink so much. I'm mildly allergic, but when I do it's Guinness or Newcastle. The only beer I'll pay for from America is Samuel Adams. Canadian beer is good, but our stuff sucks.

Elijahfan
11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
i havent had much alcohol so far in life, but this summer i've been having sips of my dad's drinks. mostly beer, like miller light and other sorts which i found all of them to be really bitter. i'd like to try vodka but it's suppose to burn the throat so i'm afraid i would barf....so i think i'd have to chose something fruity and blended.

Kelsey
11-08-2004, 11:46 PM
I, *of course* do not drink as I am underage :D, but when I was in Europe, I could finish a pint of Fosters in about two seconds. I tried Guinness, but call me crazy, I couldn't stand it. Tasted like....burnt toast.

Snoug
11-08-2004, 11:53 PM
im a beer drinker - Blue, Moosehead, Corona

I dont drink much Stiff drinks.... Vodka is really the only one i tried. Its not to bad. :err:

I find corona is great when you put a lime in it hehe. Makes it nice and sour.

keira_lover
11-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Where to start? Gin and tonics are probably my favorite. Then there's beer of course, Southern Comfort(100 proof, not that pussy 70 shit), Crown Royal and coke, Seven and seven, 99 Bananas, Shmirnoff ice, Bacardi, the occasional Boomshine if it's good, Long island iced tea(again if it's made good), Patron, ...um, that's really all I can think of right now.

keira_lover
11-08-2004, 11:57 PM
I find corona is great when you put a lime in it hehe. Makes it nice and sour.

Oh yeah, can't forget Corona.

CFC
12-08-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't drink anymore.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Anything...if it has alcohol in it, I'll drink it...Poggs did offer to piss into a glass for me tonight (as we were at the pub his urine would probably contain a fair bit of alcohol) and test that theory out...but as usual he pussied out of it :p Was worried I'd get too close to the pump ;)

But seriously...normally vodka...vodka...and more vodka.

alby
12-08-2004, 01:34 AM
I'll have a Golden Martini, which is made of Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Moet & Chandon Champagne.

When it comes to liquor, I prefer vodka (Belvedere), sake (Fukucho), and cognac (Remy Martin). I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I do like Guiness, Corona, and Beck's.

frodo1511
12-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Haven't tried much alcohol in my life(underage) but I have had some Barcardi and Fosters every New Years, which are both good. I did manage to sneak a drink of Guinness when I was 10, and HATED the stuff. But now, since I'm older, I think it might taste better. I'm especially intrigued with the Irish version, after hearing the KA cast talk about how good it is on their interview with E!

gracie
12-08-2004, 03:46 AM
rum, in a water glass. im drinking one now as a matter of fact. i dont like mixed drinks as i never know how much alcohol im drinking. i usually will start off a night with one maybe two shots of tequila, then i switch to rum, shots or if were just hanging out in a cup. then i switch to beer i really am not a corona person just blah. so i drink miller light usually. in an average night, ill have 2 shots of tequila, 8 or 10 shots of rum and four or so beers.

Jacoby
12-08-2004, 04:47 AM
rum, in a water glass. im drinking one now as a matter of fact. i dont like mixed drinks as i never know how much alcohol im drinking. i usually will start off a night with one maybe two shots of tequila, then i switch to rum, shots or if were just hanging out in a cup. then i switch to beer i really am not a corona person just blah. so i drink miller light usually. in an average night, ill have 2 shots of tequila, 8 or 10 shots of rum and four or so beers.

There goes your liver :p

My mom's an alcoholic, so I don't drink.

Spire
12-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Mountain Dew.

Alcohol is for pussies.

Richard
12-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Milk on ice. Now that shit is good. :)

gracie
12-08-2004, 05:48 AM
There goes your liver :p

i didnt really need it did i?

deviljet88
12-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Coke please. And some alcohol for the girl down there.

keira_lover
12-08-2004, 06:27 AM
in an average night, ill have 2 shots of tequila, 8 or 10 shots of rum and four or so beers.

My kind of woman. :kidding:

Narg
12-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Coke, and if it has to be alcho, chuck some burbon in there i guess.

Nick
12-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Rum Rum Rum Rum!!!! RUM! Lovely RUM! Wonderful RUM!

As you may have guessed I love rum, actually I like any kind of hard liquor. The more it burns as it goes down the better. I've never really been a beer fan, however when I do drink beer I never drink light beer, that's for pansies. I usually get some Guinness :icon_beer as most American beers suck and aren't nearly strong enough.
Speaking of Guinness, when Keira was on the Tonight Show she talked about drinking Guinness in Dublin and said it was the best in the world. Well she was right, I just went to Dublin about a month ago for a week. I know I said I wasn't a beer fan, but Ireland probably has some of the best beer I've ever tasted.

DragonRat
12-08-2004, 08:12 AM
"I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch."

No, but to be honest, I don't enjoy hard liquor. In fact, my tolerance is less than small mice - or just as extensive, depending on how you look at it. But, when I was on vacation in Asia, I did enjoy the taste of Victoria Bitter. My, that is some good alky. But, other than that, MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) is some good stuff, too.

But hard liquor? Nope. The feeling is good for the first couple hours, and then it's all "Bad Feeling Have I" from then on.

Sarah
12-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Alcohol is bad, Kids. Drink water. You can have fun without alcohol, trust me :d

Don't blame me when your livers fail. :p

Liam
12-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Kelsey? Fosters? You disappoint me :)

DR is the man. What fantastic taste. My preferred tipple back home is a schooner of ice cold Victoria Bitter - fantastic taste, cheap as chips. Over here I'm partial to a pint of Guinness or Stella Artois.

A word of warning: when tita* challenges you to a drinking challenge, don't partake in it. She gets to drink alcopops while you have to drink pints. 15 pints in 3 hours is like being hit by a bus.

aspro
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
anything hard yarr!

I mainly drink bourbon or whiskeys, but i drink dutch beer and cascade draught (go tassie beer!) In short I'll drink anything that isnt cask wine, last time i drank from the cask I had a tad too much, and ended up with the worst 13 hour hangover you can imagine!

kilyncw
12-08-2004, 12:23 PM
hells yeah, in my occupation alcoholics and underage drinking are encouraged. i have had plenty of drinks in my day but i gotta say my bar favs are red bull/vodka and an incredible hulk (about a liter of that in 15secs will burn like crazy and put you out for the night if you make it right). nice
________
PLYMOUTH CONCORD SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Concord)

hasselbrad
12-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Milk on ice. Now that shit is good. :)

My father had an ulcer back in the sixties. The doctor told him to mix his scotch with milk. Honest to God advice from a doctor.

Gracie,
May I buy you a tray of drinks?

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Kelsey? Fosters? You disappoint me :)

Aye...tastes like piss...almost as bad as London Pride (which is all just a ploy to piss off foreigners...London Pride is just piss from Londoners...ask Poggs...Cliff bought him a pint of the stuff ;) I did end up finishing it for him, but I'll drink anything I will :p)

DR is the man. What fantastic taste. My preferred tipple back home is a schooner of ice cold Victoria Bitter - fantastic taste, cheap as chips. Over here I'm partial to a pint of Guinness or Stella Artois.

And this, people, is why Liam rules. The three finest beers in all the world :D

A word of warning: when tita* challenges you to a drinking challenge, don't partake in it. She gets to drink alcopops while you have to drink pints. 15 pints in 3 hours is like being hit by a bus.

WOMEN! Then again my tolerance is through the roof these days...jolly good side effect of a brief fling with alcoholism ;)

Vodka and red bull got a mention by someone...VERRRY good...if I'm trying to unwind at home, rather than having a drink while out a nice JD and coke or bacardi and coke is a great way to unwind...but I'd say above all else vodka is my poison :)

hasselbrad
12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
I had to stop drinking Bourbon and Coke because it tasted too good. Far too easy to run up a staggering bar tab. And an even more staggering hangover. All the syrup and sugar in Coke makes the hangover worse.

Mandy
12-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Coke please. And some alcohol for the girl down there.

Oh! You sly dog! That was a good one...

For me, I'll take anything, really. I don't drink often, so when I do I'll take anything that'll do it for me. And I'm all for trying different stuff.

frodo1511
12-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Chocolate milk for me, whatever for the youngsters...

acliff
12-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I, *of course* do not drink as I am underage :D, but when I was in Europe, I could finish a pint of Fosters in about two seconds. I tried Guinness, but call me crazy, I couldn't stand it. Tasted like....burnt toast.

2 seconds? If you're not exaggerating thats damn impressive. I can down it in 4, and thats with my throat open.

Your gag reflex is usefully missing :-P

In a respectable establishment, I will take Guinness extra cold, Budvar, grolsch.

In a less than respectable establishment, I will take snakebite. (i.e. uni bars all over the country) Or whatever strong liqours they have.

In times when budget and speed of inebriation is critical, I occasionally delve into my trampy side, and start on the White Lightning (instacunt), carlsberg special brew (spesh), tennents super (super T) and canned stella artois (wife beater)

Pete
12-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I tried Guinness, but call me crazy, I couldn't stand it. Tasted like....burnt toast.

heh i love guinness - only thing i drink nowadays... used to drink stella and fosters but one day got the impression it tasted of egg and havent drunk it since!! getting a taste for red wine.. must be getting older or sommat.. a decent chilean red.... with pringles of course...

hasselbrad
12-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Mmmm...red wine.
Merlot or Cab with steak. I can't stand white wine. Too sweet.

Pete
12-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Mmmm...red wine.
Merlot or Cab with steak. I can't stand white wine. Too sweet.

yeuck white wine... disgusting stuff cant see why bazzle likes it...
mmm merlot... lol whats ya opinion on olives???

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 10:32 PM
In times when budget and speed of inebriation is critical, I occasionally delve into my trampy side, and start on the White Lightning (instacunt), carlsberg special brew (spesh), tennents super (super T) and canned stella artois (wife beater)

Yus...we have to have a White Lightning drinking contest sometime...whenever you like...you're on :D trampy drinking is SO underrated. Spesh tastes like...well it tastes like tramp piss...but you don't drink it for the taste ;)

barrington
12-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Had a nice drop of Merlot the other night infact. I put down my prior distaste for red wine as a solitary bad experience. Currently getting battered senseless by Sangsom.

duckula
12-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Red wine (good, no shit thanks) comes Jesus Approved.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Red wine (good, no shit thanks) comes Jesus Approved.

Don't forget the bread.

apoggy
12-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Do you want sausage with that?

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
No...keep your sausage to youself you filthy bugger...

I'm a burger man :D

barrington
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Maybe we can start some kind of KKW pre-blessed wine racket. Hire a cheap priest and do it by the van-load.

Lovely jubbly Rodders.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Genius...although who said we need a priest? All we need is one of us to DRESS as a priest and do the blessings on video...for proof and all that malarkey...

barrington
12-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I had the pleasure of seeing my girlfriend in a PVC Nun's outfit today.
I think that might come close enough.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I had the pleasure of seeing my girlfriend in a PVC Nun's outfit today.
I think that might come close enough.

Hehe...yeah, get her to bless em mate...save us a packet on having to pay a priest...and all that messy business about providing choir boys for his "smoking" breaks ;)