PDA

View Full Version : 5 favorite bands

kilyncw
10-08-2004, 06:12 PM
just wondering what everyone's 5 favorite bands are

mine: taking back sunday, brand new, senses fail, yellowcard, don't look down
________
Hotels In Mexico (http://mexicohoteles.org)

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 07:53 PM
I'll let this thread stay open, but for those who reply, please do something other than list....desribe or something to get a discussion going. We don't need "list your faves" threads.

Jacoby
10-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Vetiver: Lead guitarist is the amazing man Devendra Banhart *points to avatar* and the lead singer has a beautiful voice. Every song I've heard of theirs is amazing, to say the least.

The Beatles: Oh so good. Amazing pop songs, that's all I can say. Revolver is the best album ever.

Sun Kil Moon: Beautiful ballads from this band. Everything they've done is perfect.

Interpol: Innovative. Turn On the Bright Lights is easily one of the best albums I've ever heard.

The Bens: Ben Kweller, Ben Lee, and Ben Folds....when you put them together you get 4 of the best songs ever made. If Jesus, Santa Clause and God formed a 3 piece rock group, they wouldn't compare to The Bens.

Richard
10-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Been a fan of:

The Beatles: Like Jacoby said, very good. Amazing songs. Best band in the world. In my opinion, because I don't have Revolver yet... I'm saying Help is their best album. My favorite beatle was always Harrison, so it was a tragedy to hear about his passing. But I guess, nothing was compared to Lennon. As of now, I only own three albums. I don't have a favorite song, there's just too many.

The Beach Boys: For some unknown reason, surf music rocks. Great voices, and easy listen. How they came about is truly amazing, and there was once a TV movie made about them several years ago. One of the best successful bands in the world. If I'm not correct, two of the five boys are dead. One of drowning, the other with cancer.

J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers: Very unknown early rock n' roll band. Released only one album, which I truly adore. Shot to fame with their one hit which was "Last Kiss", it was also re-made my Pearl Jam. Sadly, Frank Wilson passed away early November in 1994.

Buddy Holly and the Crickets: You should know who they are, and how much Buddy himself contributed to the early development of rock n' roll. His music is just so much better than Elvis's, great guitarist and songwriter. My favorite artist in the world, no doubt.

At the moment:

Evanescence: Catchy, yet depressing. I enjoy popping the CD in from time to time and enjoy the wonder that is Amy Lee. Don't know what the hell they're doing now. I for one think that they may not be able to regain their success like Fallen on their second album. But I'll buy it.

DragonRat
10-08-2004, 09:31 PM
The Beatles - Of course... if they're not on anyone's at least top 10 list, then that's a travesty. (And I agree completely with Jacoby: Revolver is the greatest. "Here, There and Everywhere" is the greatest love ballad ever written.)

Travis - Possibly the best of the post-Radiohead bands. "The Man Who" is one of the best albums of the past 20 years. Every song on that album, I can listen to over and over again...I think I'm doing that right now. From "The Man Who", I'd probably say that either "Writing to Reach You" or "Luv" is my favorite (though Haz would disagree with me).

Coldplay - A close second to Travis in songwriting and melody. "A Rush of Blood to the Head" stands as the best album of the new millennium to date - yes, even better than Muse's "Absolution" (in my humble opinion). And "The Scientist" can make a grown man cry.

Muse - Their sound reminisces of Radiohead, except they have that extra edge. From "Showbiz", they show a relatively softer side, then they gear up with "Origin of Symmetry", and they blend it perfectly with "Absolution". All three albums are compelling, but I'd probably go with "Unintended" from "Showbiz" as my favorite.

U2 - Well, they're not British, but their songs have always been great. "The Joshua Tree" is up there with the greatest of all time. And, though it's cliched and always played on the radio, "With or Without You" stands as one of the better unrequited love songs, next to the previous four songs I have mentioned.

Seems to me that I enjoy listening to songs about unrequited love...maybe there's a pattern.

hasselbrad
10-08-2004, 09:38 PM
The Beatles
As Jacoby said, they crafted some of the greatest pop songs ever. Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's are two of my favorite albums. The influence that the Beatles had on rock music is practically immeasurable. The VH1 Top 100 Albums show was telling, not just because 9 of the top 100 (including #1) were Beatles albums, but because of how many artists from so many different genres (Metal, Rap, etc.) of music list them as a major influence.

The Violent Femmes
Along with REM, these guys are probably one of the best American bands over the past 20 years or so. Some probably think they peaked on their first album, but the others were fantastic as well. The most remarkable thing about the Femmes was their collective musical ability. Read the liner notes of one of their albums, and you'll be amazed. They play shit I've never even heard of.

Crosby, Stills & Nash
Singers...check, songwriters...check, musicians...check. Fucking brilliant. Probably the best three part harmony, ever. Ditto that as far as songwriting ability. Graham Nash wrote Just a Song Before I Go in the back of a cab on the way to the airport. The cabbie bet him he couldn't. Free cab ride. Stephen Stills is one of the best blues guitarists ever. I forget the guy's name who said it, but the quote goes like this: "Anyone who thinks Clapton is God, has never heard Stephen Stills play acoustic guitar." I have. He is fucking amazing.

The Beastie Boys
Admit it. When you heard Licensed to Ill you thought, "these guys will never last. This is so corny." Eighteen years later, they're still tearing it up. I can listen to pretty much every album they've ever done, and not skip a song. Paul's Boutique is one of the best albums ever. Ironically, the guys who everyone thought were going to be the death of rap, are pretty much all that's left that's worth anything. They are old school...meaning they still scratch a record, instead of laying down some generic R&B drum beat. And, their rhyme schemes are light years ahead of any of the horseshit on the airwaves today.

The Who
Pete Townshend is one of the best songwriters ever. Period. To combine the poetic verse with such raw, uninhibited power is an incredible feat, and The Who never failed to accomplish the task. Their sound was unique. I've never heard a band come anywhere near that sound, and I doubt I ever will.

Honorable Mentions
Cream, Jethro Tull, The Allman Brothers, Run DMC, REM, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul. I'm sure there are others that I'll think of, but my brain is shutting down.

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 09:47 PM
I can't really think of anything. I like bands like the Corrs, Lustra, Evanescence, Sweet Addiction, even Herman's Hermits:), but they aren't my *favorites*. I only have one favorite group and that is The Spice Girls because they remind me of happier times, and are/were (still trying to figure that one out) my last grasp at anything familiar.

Richard
10-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I can't really think of anything. I like bands like the Corrs, Lustra, Evanescence, Sweet Addiction, even Herman's Hermits:), but they aren't my *favorites*. I only have one favorite group and that is The Spice Girls because they remind me of happier times, and are/were (still trying to figure that one out) my last grasp at anything familiar.

Holy shit, Kels. Herman's Hermits, you have taste. :) Here I thought I was the only one. I have all three Spice Girls albums, so you're not alone.

To avoid spam, I'll just add some honerable mentions:

The Doors, The Kinks, Blood Sweat & Tears, Three Dog Night, Chicago, The Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, R.E.M, Jay & The Americans, and The Four Seasons.

If you must, give me a warning. It's not too often I meet another Herman fan.

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Herman's Hermits are cool! I went to their free concert in Santa Cruz and got to meet the Peter Noone guy (or whatever his name was).

And to keep from spamming...I like SheDaisy too, lol. One of the few country groups I'll listen to.

Stormbringer
10-08-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm a huge fan of classic rock and heavy metal-

1) The Who
2) Kiss
3) Fear Factory
4) Iron Maiden
5) Megadeth

Leonie
10-08-2004, 10:25 PM
1. MUSE. Sunburn being the greatest song known to men...
2. Coldplay. Just listen to Amsterdam.
3. Radiohead. Woah.
4. Live. Can't help it.
5. U2.

There you go.

Object Of Affection
11-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Top Fav bands at the mO,

1.Funeral For A Friend
2.From Autumn To ashes
3.Hell Is For Heroes
4.Days In December
5.Hiding With Girls

Top Fav Bands of All Time

1.Korn
2.Metallica
3.Rage Against The Machine
4.NirvanA
5.Limp Bizkit

CFC
11-08-2004, 12:43 AM
1: Led Zeppelin the greatest band in the history of the world. ( In my opinion)
2: Red Hot Chili Peppers
3-5: I listen to so many different types of music that 3-5 change almost daily.

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Keep up the discursive aspect (the reasons) as it was going so well...c'mon people we're starting to get this place looking somewhat decent again :D

1) Nirvana (no other band has shaken shit up so quickly...4 studio albums...and they tore up the music scene...amazing...and noone else has covered a Bowie song and made it sound better than the original...yet they did it...Something In The Way stands out as the most haunting song ever written...Heart Shaped Box is simply AMAZING but their cover of The Man Who Sold The World is simply to die for...best song in their catalogue). So good they're the ONLY band I'm not singling out individual members...as the band as a whole was just perfect.

2) The Beatles (they do have to be on the top 5 of all time for me...they shook up the music world ENTIRELY...and without them I'd daresay modern music would be ENTIRELY different...the only reason Nirvana edge them out for me is the fact Nirvana did it in less albums...but Lennon is arguably the greatest songwriter of all time)

3) The Who (MUCH under-rated in mainstream circles...Townsend goes down as one of the best songwriters ever...just after Lennon and Cobain for me...but it's a very close thing between the three of them...and the music is just SO fucking timeless).

4) The Doors (Simply as Jim was one of the best...NO...THE best singer of all time...just...haunting...Riders on the Storm still gives me chills...and...just just TOOO good...entirely timeless classics)

5) The Clash (I can't fucking believe they aren't on anyone else's list...where would punk music have been without them? The Clash > The Sex Pistols...FACT...although the Pistols deserve their props...Joe Strummer=a LEGEND...as shown in his post-clash work and his spirit will live on...rest in peace mate...)

frodo1511
11-08-2004, 02:13 AM
Beatles- No other international band has done as well in the states as the beatles, and there music is god. Plus, the "Fantastic Four" were the definition of cool in the '60s and '70s.

Coldplay- One of the best bands ever, and can actually SING IN CONCERTS, not mouthing or sing differently then on there album. Oh, and "Clocks" is one of the best songs in recent memory(hey, it beat out Outkast for album of the year, so it has to be good)

Maroon 5- All there songs are hip, with a mixture of jazz, clasical, and rock that's just right. Listen to "Shiver" and "The Sun," and you'll see what I mean. Plus, even though there a boy band, they beat the shit out of anyother because 1. They write there own music, and 2. They can actually play instruments, not stand around and whine to there ex-girlfriends.

Shinedown- Have to say one of the best rock bands to come out this decade. With killers like "45" and "Burning Bright" under there belt, it's no suprise they stir heads across the nation.

Gorillaz- the ONLY band able to do rap right, the Gorillaz' mixture of rap, hip-hop and techno, with the addition of anime alias', break new ground for the genre. Also, almost everyone has heard of "Clint Eastwood," they're most-known track.

Spire
11-08-2004, 02:32 AM
1. The Beatles - What can I say that hasn't already been said? Besides changing the music industry completely, their songs are downright brilliant. No other band I know has such a large list of excellent songs.

2. Led Zeppelin - Just a great classic rock band. Not much to say besides the fact that they're always solid, and are responsible for some of the best rock songs ever.

3. The Minibosses - A relative unknown at the moment, but they're gaining recognition. Turning out rock versions of classic NES tunes. Besides the fact that they're extremely talented, listening to the tunes you grew up with is just great. Check'em out at www.minibosses.com..

4. NESkimos - Another band performing old NES tunes, they're gaining popularity as well, they recently performed on MTV. "Bloody Bossanova" is quite possibly the best acoustic guitar song ever, and they've recorded lots of great songs.

5. Pink Floyd - Another great british band. "Dark Side of the Moon", "Human Graffiti" and "The Wall" are brilliant, solid albums.

Jacoby
11-08-2004, 03:05 AM
5) The Clash (I can't fucking believe they aren't on anyone else's list...)

They are definitely the best punk band ever, without a doubt. It's just, punk music is too...not fun. The Clash have great songs, and the whole punk movement thing was amazing. Punk music is really hard to get into though. Except Rock the Casbah.

Honorable mentions for the Jacoby: Wilco, The Shins(they should be on my list), Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Beck, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, The Libertines, Nuetral Milk Hotel (only a few songs though :P), The Who, Bob Dylan, and I'm tired of typing.

Narg
11-08-2004, 05:32 AM
1. (hed) p.e
2. Superheist
3. Hoobastank
4. Metallica
5. SlipKnot

keira_lover
11-08-2004, 06:28 AM
1. Metallica: you can't be a true rocker and not like these guys. They are the godfathers of heavy metal. They may not have invented rock, but they sure as hell perfected it. Oh and Master of Puppets is the SHIT!!!

2. Rage Against the Machine: this band broke all the rules and I think they were the first to use their music as a medium to speak out against the U.S. government. Their first album was ground breaking to say the very least and no band to date has even come close to topping it. They will be sorely missed. :icon_sad:

3. Bob Marley: this guy was a freakin' legend, nuff said.

4. Green Day: not the first band to do the whole puck rock thing, but in my humble opinion, the first to get it right. Dookie was an amazing album and to this day I still hear songs from in being played on the radio. Sadly, in recent years they've shifted from punk to alt rock and none of their recent albums have even came close to matching the shear perfection that was Dookie.

5. Nirvana: although I don't own any of their CDs, what they did for rock music is reason enough to put them on my list. Cobain was a lyrical genius and everything that he did was flawless. He too will be sorely missed.

Honerable Mentions: Disturbed, Mystic Roots, AC/DC, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Slipknot, Powerman 5000, Stabbing Westward, Beastie Boys, Jimmy Hendrix, Janes Addiction, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Staind,the list goes on and on, but I'm tired of typing.

mufiman
11-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Pixies: who havent they influenced?
Nirvana: all their albums are great, and they revolutionized rock in the early 90's
Sublime: ive always listened to them
Green Day: favorite rock band of the 90's, dookie was and still is one of the best albums of the 90's.
Radiohead: awesome band, OK computer and the Bends are my favorite albums ever.

i just got into Muse, and its all ive been listening to for awhile now. favorite song is the smallprint and muscle museum, havent listened to all their albums yet, though i have them all. i also like rage against the machine and franz ferdinand right now.

deviljet88
11-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Muse: I like their style, reminds me of a more exciting version of Radiohead
Radiohead: I've got too many of their albums. It just gets catchy if you listen to too much
Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way is awesome.
Jet: Not only because they bear my nickname, but they're debut album is awesome
Coldplay: I'm not really into their songs anymore, but Clocks is great.

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Show was Jacoby knows...punk is the EPITOMY of fun...that's the whole concept underlying it :p Self-discovery and doing what feels natural and right...what's NOT fun about THAT?!

Liam
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Right.

Muse - At first I didn't like them, then I heard Citizen Erased and they turned my musical world upside down. Citizen Erased is just one of those songs that is perfectly polished, and rather pleasingly it only gets better live. Other favourites are Muscle Museum, Dead Star, Forced In and Stockholm Syndrome.

Slayer - Fast, brutal, uncompromising speed metal. The lyrics are violent, the riffs are incredible...it just hits you in the face. Tom Araya sounds awesome as well, one of the best metal singers going. And 'Angel of Death' is a perfect metal song. Mrawww.

Metallica - Classic metal. Some of the later albums are almost pure dog shit, but And Justice for All and Master of Puppets are brilliant. Harvester of Sorrow? Yes please.

Rammstein - Its different, its as heavy as a collapsed star and its perfect music to march into Poland to. New studio album due out next month. Hurrah.

DefyingGravity
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
The Who
Pete Townshend is one of the best songwriters ever. Period. To combine the poetic verse with such raw, uninhibited power is an incredible feat, and The Who never failed to accomplish the task. Their sound was unique. I've never heard a band come anywhere near that sound, and I doubt I ever will.

I love you.

Oasis
Yes, yes, it's insane to think that anyone should copy the Beatles. But they did it, and they did it RIGHT.

The Beatles
Do I really have to explain? It's been said over and over in this thread and I don't really feel like repeating it.

The Ramones
They have their own distinctive, upbeat, in your face sound, and have made themselves out to be one of the greatest punk bands... ever.

I can't think of another one because my brain is dead.

hasselbrad
11-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I love you too! :)

It's funny, but I posted the stuff about the Beastie Boys without thinking that most of you were babies, or were not yet born, when Licensed to Ill came out. That really upset me. I am old!

Jacoby
11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I love you too! :)

It's funny, but I posted the stuff about the Beastie Boys without thinking that most of you were babies, or were not yet born, when Licensed to Ill came out. That really upset me. I am old!

I used to listen to that CD with my friends when we hung out. Then one day I realized I didn't like it, and stopped listening...Most of us youngins have mentioned The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Who, Zeppelin....so don't worry about feeling old. How many more years till your prostate examination? :p :kidding:

Flightfreak
11-08-2004, 06:48 PM
wel for the moment:

1--> Zornik
2--> novastar
3--> muse
4--> faithles
5--> daan

Fav of al times,
To many to say them all, i listen at to many types of music.
Sarah knows that :icon_bigg

EmotionSickness
11-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, my top five bands always seem to be changing, save the band I always have, and always will, reserve the top spot for -- yes, the Beatles (I'm one of those life-long, die-HARD fans; undoubtedly their biggest fan on this board ... :D). As for the rest, at the moment they are as follows ...

311 and silverchair (both have remained steadfast on my favorites list since junior high), the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Alkaline Trio.

Close-calls: Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Electric Light Orchestra, David Bowie and Nick Drake (I know, neither of the last two are a "band", but hey ...).

Now, this isn't necessarily who I think is the most talented or most deserving of my (or anyone elses) praise (with the exception of the Beatles, of course), but rather these are bands whose words and music have, for some reason or another, touched me on a personal level at some point in my life. They've been 'with' me and I've kept their music close to my heart throughout my entire adolesence, as ridiculous as that might sound to some of you. Hence, they are (some of) my favorites.

Music means an awful lot to me in general, really. I dunno where I'd be without it.

Richard
11-08-2004, 06:59 PM
The Ramones
They have their own distinctive, upbeat, in your face sound, and have made themselves out to be one of the greatest punk bands... ever.

The Ramones had one good hit for me, and that was "Pet Sematary". Off the Pet Sematary soundtrack. :)

They were good.

EmotionSickness
11-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Ehh, not my cup of tea (sorry, Gravity!). I never really got the appeal of the Ramones. I always found them annoying and very overrated. I much prefer the Clash (if we're going to talk punk pioneers, here) or, hell, even the Sex Pistols! :p

Although, I must say I find it rather cool that a few of them [Ramones] were/are Republicans! Hee hee ....

Jacoby
11-08-2004, 07:12 PM
'Sedaded' is the best Ramones song, and the best punk song for that matter.

Richard
11-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Ehh, not my cup of tea (sorry, Gravity!). I never really got the appeal of the Ramones. I always found them annoying and very overrated. I much prefer the Clash (if we're going to talk punk pioneers, here) or, hell, even the Sex Pistols! :p

Although, I must say I find it rather cool that a few of them [Ramones] were/are Republicans! Hee hee ....

I don't know much about punk, but I'm an avid listener of The Cramps. Any fans?

Sorry to steer off-topic.

hasselbrad
11-08-2004, 08:30 PM
I used to listen to that CD with my friends when we hung out. Then one day I realized I didn't like it, and stopped listening...Most of us youngins have mentioned The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Who, Zeppelin....so don't worry about feeling old. How many more years till your prostate examination? :p :kidding:

Kidding hell! I've already had one!
I haven't listened to that album in years, but it's kind of ironic, because this past weekend when I was visiting my cousin in his new apartment, he pulled out the original vinyl album. Of course, we had nothing to play it on, but it was cool to see that album cover in its true glory.
I must say, I do have hope for our young'uns. Y'all have a pretty wide taste in music. Not exactly MTV. Hell, you got me to buy Ben Kwellar's On My Way.

AKIRA
11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
my favorite bands are

1) Black Sabbath and ozzy's solo stuff
2) White Zombie
3) Red hot chilli peppers
4) Guns and roses
5) Metallica

in that order

gracie
12-08-2004, 05:40 AM
i typed this up and my computer fucked up. so less patient and thoughtful. so my choice usually changes on my mood and what ive been buying or reviving...like three years ago i was sooo into csty, cst, rolling stones, eric clapton, zeppelin, the who etc, then i was into that pop punk thing for like...a month, and realized that it wasnt emo...whoops someone should get the message out to everyone else. so here are the ones of the moment

1) Rainer Maria- Opened for Coheed&Cambria, so kick ass, lyrics are awesome, and their music is so intense. every note is dripping with emotion. Theyre fronted by a woman who plays so thats cool too. Shes got a great voice thats so expressive, not just saying the words but living them. fave song: long knives, artificial light, or thought i was

2) Coheed, fucking awesome music, awesome nice guys, cool albums great live, fav songs: Blood Red Summer, The Velorium Camper I: Faint Of Hearts

3)Rilo Kiley- Another band fronted by a woman, good vocalist, nice lyrics, very melodic. have their first major label album out aug 17 i think, two other albums one with barsuk and one with saddle creek, the first is a little too...blah a little trite, but the second excecution of all things vgood. fav songs: good that wont come out, and Hail to whatever you found in sunlight that surrounds you

4)Bright Eyes- lyrics are awesome, just resonnates with me. fav songs- calander hung itself, will you? you will.

5)muse...what to say, ill just second liams response

other lesser favs

-Cursive- awesome band, another one of the few bands in our postemo age putting out credible emo music. ugly organ is clearly one of the best theme albums of all time fav songs : Exerpts from notes strewn about the bedside, the recluse and staying alive(awesome ten minute finale to cd, just indescribable)

-Mars Volta/Sparta- awesome separate, awesome together. love Spartas new album, its the first real Sparta album, wiretap was just more at the drive in. Fav songs respectively- roulette dares(mv) and la cera, light burns clear, and cut your ribbon(sparta)

-Elliot Smith- awesome song writer, just good stuff- fav song: needle in the hay, everybody knows everybody cares

-Kenna- this musician worked with NERD to put together this funky electric alt rock/rap thing, its really good. not at all what youd expect because i generally dont like hip hop and i love this album. fav songs: Vexed and Glorious (that of which my aim sn was derived) and Im Gone

-Sigur Ros- so fucking mellow its awesome for going to sleep to...not recomended for driving.

-The shins- but i think theyre awesomeness has been sufficiently covered. fav song-Caring is Creepy and know your onion

-Planes mistaken for stars- emo at its best, gotta love it.

ones not worthy of sentences that i still really like- Stellastarr*, new pornographers, appleseedcast, alexisonfire, broken social scene, franz ferdinand, secret machines(that song, nowhere again is so fucking catchy, postal service, sahara hotnights(more chick band action)
and that should about do it...

Narg
12-08-2004, 07:41 AM
ELO and talking heads also for me, for older bands i really like them,

"and silverchair" haha sweet aussie band!, there pretty good :D.

Nick
12-08-2004, 09:15 AM
1. Pink Floyd: Greatest band ever, they have (I guess I should say had) a really unique sound to their music.
2. The Beatles: Many people have already listed this one, but it's true they were one of the greatest bands.
3. Rolling Stones: Awsome group, love the whole blues type of sound you can here in some of their music.
4. Nirvana: You have to have a little punk/grunge rock every now and then to spice things up.
5. AC/DC: Best grunge/punk group ever. I mean come on how could you not love "highway to Hell," it's practically a classic.

Now for some honorable mentions. Jet, Guns n Roses, Scorpion, Beastie Boys, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, The Who, White Stripes, and of course Jimmy Hendrix even though he's just one man and not a group. Jimmy was without a doubt the best guitarist ever.

DefyingGravity
12-08-2004, 12:39 PM

To each his own, I suppose. :) I like The Clash as well, though I only have Combat Rock. I hear that London Calling is better. Care to clarify?

Rammstein - Its different, its as heavy as a collapsed star and its perfect music to march into Poland to. New studio album due out next month. Hurrah.

That song "Feuer Frei" cracks me up.

'Sedaded' is the best Ramones song, and the best punk song for that matter.

That was the first Ramones song I ever heard, and it's what got me into them in the first place. :)

Liam
14-08-2004, 01:09 PM
That song "Feuer Frei" cracks me up.

Bang bang.

I dont know how I forgot to mention Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen (pronounce that) and Steve Vai. Brilliant.

Surfing with the Alien live has to be the best air guitar song ever.

Pygmalion
18-08-2004, 10:45 PM
This i s my favourite band Machine Gun Fellatio. I love them cause they're contraversial.
http://www.faceparty.com/public/900/images/waccabango_8051691.jpg
I also like Bjork, her music's awesome! I listen to her when I'm over too much guitar. A bit of harp does athe world of good to one's nerves lol

Dr.No
19-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Led Zepplin
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Blue Oyster Cult