PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur DVD Release Date!

frodo1511
10-08-2004, 04:12 PM
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/511/511698p1.html

Well, not exactly a release date, ign.com will only say January '05. It's odd, since Spider-Man 2 is being released during Thanksgiving, while I, Robot is being released sometime before Thanksgiving. Both movies were released a week before/after KA. The only reason I can come up with for the long release date for the DVD is so the marketers can put all the extra, deleted, r-rated footage into it. As long as that's the reason, then fine by me.

Sarah
10-08-2004, 04:28 PM
They don't exactly beat around the bush, do they?

Richard
10-08-2004, 07:20 PM
I thought it would be released sooner. Movies that don't do so well, tend to.

Oencross
10-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm sure the reason why the film is coming out later is for a recut of the film. They're going to release the original Rated-R version of the film they had planned for. Since Disney crushed Fouqua's vision of the film, they're hoping that with this R version they can make a shit load more off of the DVD's over ticket sales. The January release dates is a bit late though. My thoughts are that it should come out 2 weeks before Christmas. It'd be a great marketing to have a wintery film come out during the winter and gives it the opportunity to be a gift for Christmas. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the geniuses at Disney decide.

hasselbrad
10-08-2004, 08:48 PM
January...Happy Birthday to me!
I'll be first on my block with the DVD.

Edward
10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
same hassel :), mine 7th of jan, so perfect timing

frodo1511
11-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm sure the reason why the film is coming out later is for a recut of the film. They're going to release the original Rated-R version of the film they had planned for. Since Disney crushed Fouqua's vision of the film, they're hoping that with this R version they can make a shit load more off of the DVD's over ticket sales. The January release dates is a bit late though. My thoughts are that it should come out 2 weeks before Christmas. It'd be a great marketing to have a wintery film come out during the winter and gives it the opportunity to be a gift for Christmas. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the geniuses at Disney decide.

Yeah, that was the only reason I could come up with for such a late release. I mean, right after Christmas?! I remember SWAT coming out on DVD two weeks after Xmas, and it didn't do too well.... But ign.com only said that it was a proposed date, it's not set in stone at the moment. I think I see why Disney set the release until after Xmas: The Bourne Supremacy and Dodgeball both come out 2 weeks before, and Disney dosen't want to lose AGAIN! Hopefully with the recut scenes and all, Disney will get up off of there lazy asses and do something RIGHT for a change. Dosen't matter to me personally, since I'm still going to get it on opening day.
...Just need to save up some Xmas money, though...

slimgopey
11-08-2004, 05:22 AM
the director has said in more then one interview that he's eager to put an uncut version of the film on dvd. That's most likely the reason. now that's a movie I'd like to see.

Narg
11-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Excellent, ill be purchasing this as soon as it comes out, thats for sure. *saves some money up* Need jobs...

Keyser_so_so
22-08-2004, 01:59 PM
We can only hope there's a 15/18 rated version... If not it's still essential purchasing!

GuinevereLover
22-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Good, I am going to buy that for sure.

P.S Sarah-I like your Avatar!

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 02:58 AM

You should never change the desires of a director...Disney is so stupid...

Their last two movies have bombed uncontrollably. Has anyone even heard of "Home on the Range"?

MarkOB
26-08-2004, 03:17 PM
If I had to make a prediction for this, without looking at what anyone else might say, I'd have said Christmas.

Near to when PotC was released on DVD last year.

frodo1511
26-08-2004, 09:16 PM
You should never change the desires of a director...Disney is so stupid...

Their last two movies have bombed uncontrollably. Has anyone even heard of "Home on the Range"?

Unfortunatley, I've heard of the movie. When I stayed at Disneyland over the Holidays, they had flyers for the "movie" in their bus system. Looked like shit, and was shit.

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Unfortunatley, I've heard of the movie. When I stayed at Disneyland over the Holidays, they had flyers for the "movie" in their bus system. Looked like shit, and was shit.

Any cartoon where Rosanne is the voice of a cow has no potential whatsoever. That is definitely not a marketable movie...

That must be why it cracked the top 10 box office sales for only one week (#7 I believe).

It makes King Arthur look like a success (3 weeks in top 10)

apoggy
27-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Any cartoon where Rosanne is the voice of a cow has no potential whatsoever. That is definitely not a marketable movie...

That must be why it cracked the top 10 box office sales for only one week (#7 I believe).

And what pray did that have to do with the release date of KA?

Warning No1

frodo1511
27-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Absolutly nothing:

ANYWAY, I have a feeling that the movie will not make it in time for a christmas release: I've checked 7 different sources, and say that the earliest time of a release is January 4, but unlikely, since that's the release date of Troy.
Oh, well...

Ipomoea
27-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Definitely not before Christmas. Videoeta.com was saying December for a while, but they recently changed that to January. The closest I've seen to an actual pinned down date is on an Asia-based retail site here (http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003745375/section-videos/code-w/), that has an expected release date of January 29.

MarkOB
27-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Definitely not before Christmas. Videoeta.com was saying December for a while, but they recently changed that to January. The closest I've seen to an actual pinned down date is on an Asia-based retail site here (http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003745375/section-videos/code-w/), that has an expected release date of January 29.

That sounds about right. But wouldn't most people say that Christmas is far better? More people are going to be buying DVDs and videos on December 29th or just before than January 29th. Doesn't it seem like an unusually long time?

pyratesweetie
27-08-2004, 07:11 PM
I never got a chance to see king arthur, I was upset that I missed it!! How was it?? January seems so far away!
~Stephanie
:fencing:

hasselbrad
27-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Check around at some of the dollar movie places in your area. There are a couple still showing it down here.

BTW...I've already got a DVD copy. Actually, I have a copy that I borrowed from my ex-wife. It's one of those pirate copies, and the quality is terrible. Her new father-in-law travels to China for business a lot, and he brings armloads of DVD's back. I was hoping it would have the director's cut version, but alas, it didn't. It's really not even worth viewing. The quality is that bad. Having seen the movie, I knew what was going on, but some of the audio is so bad you can't tell what's going on.

Object Of Affection
27-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Um i heard king arthur is out 29 november on DvD :fencing:

Edward
27-08-2004, 10:31 PM
where you hear that?

frodo1511
27-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Yes, do tell, I've been to 6 websites, and ALL can agree that it will be out around LATE LATE december, or first week of January.

Object Of Affection
29-08-2004, 01:10 AM
I heard/read in this months issue of Empire

under there DvD releases :)

But as the film didn't do to well i guess they want to bring the dvd out sooner.

:fencing:

frodo1511
29-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Post the website to Empire, OoA, I can't take anybodies word when it comes to DVD releases. Do it now.

KnightleyNews
30-08-2004, 11:10 PM
It's out on December 21st, in both rated and unrated versions, and will feature:
Audio commentary with director Antoine Fuqua
Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
An alternate ending with director commentary
Blood On The Land: Forging King Arthur making-of featurette
Round Table Video Commentary with cast and filmmakers.
Knight Vision pop-up trivia feature
A playable X-Box video game demo
Jerry Bruckheimer's personal photo gallery.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/543/543198p1.html

A bit TOO close to Christmas. I'm guessing they'll pull it forward (Pirates was out on the 2nd if you remember).

The alternate ending will be the ORIGINAL ending which nobody liked at the previews, hence the rushed wedding scene filmed 10 days before the US release.

Paul

frodo1511
30-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Shit, thanks paul. Must've just missed ign, but agreed, 4 days before xmas? By that time, I'll be done with my shopping, as will my parents, so maby Disney will bring it forward/push it back.
I doubt forward, since Dodgeball and Bourne Supremacy will hit on the 7th and 14, respectfully, unless Disney pulls a Shrek release (November 5-a Friday) and releases it on the 10th or 17th of December.

Object Of Affection
09-09-2004, 10:19 PM
coOl but i think that is a US release not a uk release date so it might come out january or later for us

frodo1511
09-09-2004, 10:28 PM
yup, that sucks:P

Ipomoea
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
December 21st is the US release date. It's November 29th in the UK. The only other release dates I know so far are January 13th for Germany and January 29th for Asia.

frodo1511
09-09-2004, 11:46 PM
It's November 29th in the UK.

You must be shitting me. How in the world do you get a movie before us? It's inconceivable!!! I mean, Halo 2 comes out 2 days before the UK, but almost a whole month before the US? And to think it did poorly in the states...

Echtelion
10-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Someone knows the release date in France? :icon_conf

Ipomoea
10-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't have a confirmation from amazon.fr yet for a release date or even pre-orders but I did find one site that has a release date of December 8 here (http://dvdtoile.com/AgendaDvd2?mois=12&annee=2004). My French is a bit spotty, though, is it saying that's the Belgian release date? Do those tend to coincide with French release dates?

Object Of Affection
16-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Well i definetly ... think it's 29th november for us brits woo-hoo
mwahah us u have to wait till december 21st about time we got something
before you!

its got,

Alternative ending
'Blood On The Land - The Forging Of King Arthur': a 'Making Of' documentary
Interactive menu
Scene access
and its the full bloody version with 17 minutes of new scenes

and wait for this one....... :icon_surp its going to be an 18

omG how much did they cut out of the film to reduce it to crap and make it a 12A.

Damn u people who did thiS!!!!

: offtopic : r u in america only just getting shaun of the dead (i read it somewhere) ? ha we've got it on Dvd ... just thought i'd rub it in whilst i had the chance to. (see it, bloody brilliant)

frodo1511
16-09-2004, 10:38 PM
and wait for this one....... :icon_surp its going to be an 18

Yup, it's going to in PG-13 and unrated versions here in the states. I'm definiatly getting the latter.

: offtopic : r u in america only just getting shaun of the dead (i read it somewhere) ? ha we've got it on Dvd ... just thought i'd rub it in whilst i had the chance to. (see it, bloody brilliant)

Yes, yes, we get SotD on the 24th over here. I can't wait to see it, looks freaking hilarious.

Ipomoea
17-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Getting things back on track, DVDanswers (http://www.dvdanswers.com) has posted artwork for the R1 theatrical and unrated discs (http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4748&n=1&burl=).

frodo1511
18-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry, the URL wasn't working for me, Ipomoea, so here's the box art for the "Extended Unrated Version" of the DVD, since everyone here will choose the EE over the Theatrical:P:

ice crystal
19-09-2004, 02:46 PM
right...so is the unrated version the one with the extras or is it the other one?

frodo1511
19-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, both have the same extras, but it's the unrated one you should buy(17 minutes of extra footage not seen in theaters)