PDA

View Full Version : The weird and wacky

Martha
10-08-2004, 09:25 AM
delete

keira loves lipgloss
10-08-2004, 10:31 AM
I believe in ghosts,once the wardrobe just flew open and I could hear breathing over me when Im in bed,I once put my pink sunglasses on and I could see a shadow :icon_err:

Narg
10-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Ive had many weird things happen to me in the house i used to live in a couple of years ago, A candle fell off the fireplace, there was no wind around i was the only one in the house and it was noware near the edge of the fireplace, ive woken up in the middle of my sleep, and my blankets were all pushed tightley around me, it felt just like someone was sitting on my bed and all the blankets were being pulled under there weight, when i looked over there was noone there and the blankets became loose, ive also woken up to the sound of heaps and heaps of people unplugging cords from powerpoints and switching switches, footsteps and laughter also, this house was extremely weird. I cant say ive ever seen a UFO, but these experiences i cannot explain.

deviljet88
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
I like to keep my mind open, but I've had no experiences of any of those natures. I used to be afraid when I was home alone, and the bottom 2 levels of my house was all dark and stuff, but now, I just find lights can pretty much expose all the ghosts :)

kilyncw
10-08-2004, 02:08 PM
i have always had a fascination with paranormalities, i've read books upon books and researched them to no end, but i have never actually experienced any paranormal activities. i want to though, i would love to be one of the people that investigate these sort of things, that is my dream job.
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

frodo1511
10-08-2004, 02:32 PM
I had a sleepover a couple weeks ago, and right before all of us hit the hay, I heard a big "THUMP" coming from upstairs. Not the normal thump of furniture or creaking floors, a huge thump, and to make it more creepy, noone else was upstairs, or in the house for that matter. very creepy.

...oh, and the occassional ghost sighting when I was little/ voices coming from somewhere. I could've sweared to you that I saw a big, green skull in my closet when I was 4, and a little boy hanging sideways above my door to my room when I was 7...

Richard
10-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I believe in UFO's. Why the hell is Area 51 top-secert?, they're hiding something. I've never encountered.

Ghosts I'm not too sure about, but I just can't imagine all those episodes of Unsolved Mysteries to be fakes. I've never encountered either.

I do however, believe deeply in "the loch ness monster" & "bigfoot". Too unreal.

Jacoby
10-08-2004, 05:34 PM
I always feel like someone's around me when I'm hanging out in the basement. I can alwas feel someones presence even when someone's not there. One time, I was sitting in my computer chair and I felt something run up behind me and I swear I saw it out the corner of my eye. I jumped up but nothing was there. That was the only time I was scared by an 'encounter'. I believe in ghosts, or demons or whatever they are. I'm not scared of them though. Have you ever heard of anyone being killed by a ghost? No. Plus, hearing about ghosts and such makes an after-life seem more believable, which is nice.

Pinkfairy
10-08-2004, 06:05 PM
There's like this plantation house in Louisiana called Myrtle Mansion that's supposed to be haunted; it was even in Mysteries Unsolved. It was turned into a B&B. They have rules like you're not supposed to leave your room after o'clock I think. I'm planning to stay there with a friend on quarter break.

barrington
10-08-2004, 06:55 PM
If it's not in the science books, I don't believe it.

As far as UFOs go - I think the biggest conspiracy is that there are no conspiracies. To qualify this would warrant another thread that I may post sometime.

You want to know what they're doing in Area51? Testing new pulse-detonation propulsion for reconnaisance and interceptor aircraft, developing new high-tech stealth technologies and researching weapons platforms with politically volatile foundations. Hiding alien spacecraft they are not.

keira_lover
10-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Are you saying you don't believe in UFOs and extraterrestrial life?

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 07:38 PM
*Technically* I don't really believe in anything like that, but for some reason the thought still scares the hell out of me. I work at a movie theater that is about ten years old and it was built over an old K-Mart. There is one theater waay in the back, away from the other ones that's just creepy. Not only is it all on it's own, the lights are always flickering or not working (even if they're new), the walls creak, it's just a creepy place. Legend has it that back when it was a K-Mart, a lady was raped and killed where this theater happens to be now, and now it is haunted. Seriously wierd shit happens there, and I can't go in there alone.

keira_lover
10-08-2004, 08:39 PM
I can't nessesarily say I believe in ghosts since I haven't had any experiences like some of you have, although I have heard some pretty trippy stories from friends, but I can definately say that I believe in aliens. The universe is just too big for our planet to be the only one with life on it. I mean we're talking millions of planets, inside millions of solar systems, inside millions of galaxies, inside millions of galaxy clusters, inside millions of superclusters(clusters of clusters of galaxies), you see where I'm going with this. There is absolutely no possibility that we are the only living creatures out there.

Snoug
10-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I dont believe in either ghosts or Aliens. Im purely on whats possible. Though Aliens are possible its so highly unlikely that i rule it out. :err:

Richard
10-08-2004, 09:27 PM

I'm not speaking for Baz, but it depends on what science book he's talking about, because they're so many. I'm sure that most science books at least mention the fact of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, but doesn't prove it.

I'm taking Baz's word on this, therefore I'm surprised that "they" are not hiding any alien spacecraft's in Area 51. What was all that crap about the crash in 41'?

"Developing new high-tech stealth technologies and researching weapons platforms with politically volatile foundations".

Jeez... that sucks.

hasselbrad
10-08-2004, 10:02 PM
...some girls took me to see the "Ghosts of Northport". We drove down this dirt road with only the hazard lights flashing until the ghostly figures appeared. Two Confederate widows came at us out of the woods, to see if we were their long lost husbands finally back from war.
I attempted to make contact with the other side with a "hello."
Then they turned on the lights. It was the gate to somebody's driveway.
No...I don't believe in ghosts.
But I did have fun taking people out there and scaring the shit out of them with the story. :)

barrington
10-08-2004, 10:16 PM
No, I believe in Extraterrestrial life - I just don't believe they're visiting us.

alby
11-08-2004, 12:51 AM
No, I believe in Extraterrestrial life - I just don't believe they're visiting us.

Ditto.

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 02:04 AM
What Baz said...the man talks sense.

Although I would think that one day we will be spied upon by aliens, since it'd only make sense for defence purposes...no?

frodo1511
11-08-2004, 02:19 AM
I always feel like someone's around me when I'm hanging out in the basement. I can alwas feel someones presence even when someone's not there. One time, I was sitting in my computer chair and I felt something run up behind me and I swear I saw it out the corner of my eye. I jumped up but nothing was there. That was the only time I was scared by an 'encounter'. I believe in ghosts, or demons or whatever they are. I'm not scared of them though. Have you ever heard of anyone being killed by a ghost? No. Plus, hearing about ghosts and such makes an after-life seem more believable, which is nice.

To go with jacoby's response, whenever it's really late( midnight or so) and I'm just turning off the lights, I occasionally hear a voice, either calling out my name, or the sound of a little girl crying, both VERY CLOSE to me. What's even creepier, is that it's not from the house, as in like a "presence" haunts the house or something, since I move every 3-4 years because of the damn Air Force. Don't know how to explain it.