PDA

View Full Version : Child's Play

Richard
10-08-2004, 02:03 AM
In case you've been living under a rock, the new Chucky film titled "Seed of Chucky" will make it's way to theaters Oct. 22nd.

http://www.adangio.com/gallery+images/large/movie135.jpg

In addition to your probably hateful thoughts on the sequel, I doubt if there's anyone interested in discussing the entire series. Are there any fans? Hate it? Love it?

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/everwoodroswell/images/wallpaperchildsplay.gif

Discuss. Now. Please.

Renegade
10-08-2004, 02:14 AM
This little fellar gave me nightmares when I was 8 or 9. How can something so little do so much damage? It's evil I tell you, EVIL. :icon_evil

Well I thought the original was okay. Creeped me out a bit but the most recent one 'The Bride of Chucky' was a joke. Not scary, just ridiculously stupid. C'mon, doll fucking on doll making a baby doll. Just stupid.

I thought the series was over after the 'Bride of Chucky', but evidentally not. Go figure.

Jacoby
10-08-2004, 02:19 AM
The only good thing about these movies is Brad Dourif.

And thanks for bringing back my nightmares. :(

Richard
10-08-2004, 02:30 AM
Well I thought the original was okay. Creeped me out a bit but the most recent one 'The Bride of Chucky' was a joke. Not scary, just ridiculously stupid. C'mon, doll fucking on doll making a baby doll. Just stupid.

I call that "the rubber scene". And yes it was stupid. I enjoyed the first three a whole lot better.

The only good thing about these movies is Brad Dourif.

I agree. I haven't seen much of Brad's work other than his horror films, but I do know with a sinister voice like that... he was made to voice Chucky.

Spire
10-08-2004, 02:33 AM
Brad Dourif owns, but I'm not a fan of these movies. They were good for a few laughs, but not much else..

Hazzle
10-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Brad Dourif rules :) Not too huge a fan of the series...it's not bad, not excellent...

frodo1511
10-08-2004, 03:47 AM
The only thing I can remember from the original trilogy (BoC sucked major ass) was from 3 (i think), when Chucky replaced all the fake bullets with real bullets, killing a few kids from the military institute. Adding to the effect was when one of the kids sacrificed himself by throwing himself on a live grenade made me stay the hell away from guns n' shit for a LONG time.

...Then I saw SWAT...

DefyingGravity
10-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Chucky never scared me, it's an effing DOLL. "Step on it. It's over!!" -Dee Snyder

Sarah
10-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Looked good until I found out Hannah Spearritt is in it. Disaster already.

hasselbrad
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
...him from his coaching duties with my Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/gruden_vs.jpg

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 12:49 AM

Nahh...every horror movie needs someone to look at...and she's not bad to look at I spose...Rachel Stevens would've been better but oh well :p

CFC
11-08-2004, 12:51 AM

IF......IF i get dragged into going to see this film, that will be the only reason.

Richard
11-08-2004, 01:03 AM
After not knowing who Hannah Spearritt was, I toke a little trip to imdb for some research... british, no wonder I've never heard of her. (Don't take that seriously.) Agent Cody Banks 2, gag me. :mad:

I haven't seen her up close yet, but the "not bad to look at" seems fine by me. I'm more disappointed with Redman starring in this film, then again he's playing himself so I doubt he's a major character.

alby
11-08-2004, 01:07 AM
The film doesn't look so good.

I always thought the concept of Chucky was funny. A living doll that just happens to kill people. That's like Barney's worst nightmare.

Richard
11-08-2004, 01:12 AM
The film doesn't look so good.

I always thought the concept of Chucky was funny. A living doll that just happens to kill people. That's like Barney's worst nightmare.

Actually, the film looks like shit. It should have stopped after part 3, but I was willing to deal with Bride of Chucky because it looked interesting... average.

Funny you should mention the concept of Chucky, because I wouldn't try and kill him... I'd keep him around for a friend (if it was possible, and if he'd let me).

Computer: Spell W-O-M-A-N
Chucky: (spells) B-I-T-C-H

Ha.

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Computer: Spell W-O-M-A-N
Chucky: (spells) B-I-T-C-H

Ha.

So funny...because it's so true :p (I'm so gonna get hate mail...wait...I already do...even more...JOLLY GOOD!)

This film looks shit...but oh well...it has Brad Dourif...always a reason to go see it :)

Sarah
11-08-2004, 10:04 AM
After not knowing who Hannah Spearritt was, I toke a little trip to imdb for some research... british, no wonder I've never heard of her. (Don't take that seriously.) Agent Cody Banks 2, gag me. :mad:

I think you should be more concerned with the fact that A) She's a popstar and B) Her acting is very... bad.

Richard
11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
I think you should be more concerned with the fact that A) She's a popstar and B) Her acting is very... bad.

Oh yes, S Club 7. Do they suck?

SoC will be my chance to see her act, because there's no way in hell I'm going to sit through Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London. :err:

keira_lover
11-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I never really got into the whole Chucky thing. To me, the whole concept was stupid. A devil-possessed doll going around killing everyone? Come on. Even if there is such thing as a devil and he came to our world, why the hell would he choose to posses a doll over all other things? Fucking stupid in my opinion. But still not as bad as that movie Christine where the devil posseses a car. Now that is shear idiocy.

Richard
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I never really got into the whole Chucky thing. To me, the whole concept was stupid. A devil-possessed doll going around killing everyone? Come on. Even if there is such thing as a devil and he came to our world, why the hell would he choose to posses a doll over all other things? Fucking stupid in my opinion. But still not as bad as that movie Christine where the devil posseses a car. Now that is shear idiocy.

I'm not going to argue with you that you think the entire series is stupid, many people do. It takes a rather... narrow-minded critic to actually like the series. :err:

I don't know if you actually care, but the DEVIL doesn't have anything to do with the films. It's actually the character of Brad Dourif who passes his soul into the doll to avoid dying. Voodoo shit.

But then again, Brad's character could have been the devil.

I liked Christine. :icon_redf

keira_lover
11-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't know if you actually care, but the DEVIL doesn't have anything to do with the films. It's actually the character of Brad Dourif who passes his soul into the doll to avoid dying. Voodoo shit.

Sorry for the mix up but I still stand by what I said.