PDA

View Full Version : Your Life Aspirations (Dreams)

stephy
08-08-2004, 09:33 PM
if you have a dream what is it

me it s to begining actress simething of keira

how you love keira. you love lot .elebites ect

stephanie
some people have msn can write her or im adresse please

please

Sarah
08-08-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm moving this to the General discussion so people can talk about their dreams as I doubt they're all to do with Keira.

I'm also going to change the title as 'quiz 3' means nothing.

stephy
08-08-2004, 09:53 PM
i dont understand im gonna pay to write a quiz so can you answer me please

Sarah
08-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Stephy, that makes no sense to me. Either this thread forms a discussion about dreams or it'll be locked.

Jacoby
08-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Stephy, that makes no sense to me.

I think Stephy was trying to say she doesn't understand why she is ridiculed for asking a question. 'Quiz' means she's asking a question.

And to answer Stephy's question, I dream of being a writer. I wouldn't care writing articles for a paper or writing novels. Just as it involves my writing. I strive to get my thoughts out there for everyone to read, and think about my ideas. I guess that's a dream of mine, amoungst more. I wanted to be an actor when I was young, but I began realizing that I'm terrible performing in front of others. So that's not an option anymore. :p

But yeah,....writer. :)

Sarah
08-08-2004, 10:26 PM
I think Stephy was trying to say she doesn't understand why she is ridiculed for asking a question. 'Quiz' means she's asking a question.

I wasn't ridiculing her. A quiz to me is more than 1 question... I think that thread titles should actually say something about the thread itself. Stephy has started a few threads saying ''little quiz'', ''quiz 2'', and so on... it doesn't say anything...

--
Edit:
To put this thread on-track, my dream is to become a journalist for a National Newspaper and thats about it. Simple, really.

Hazzle
09-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Errr...I think this is just yet another language barrier issue...let's try and calm down and be a tad more sensitive, eh Sarah? I get you're only doing the job you were asked to...but it's important to be sensitive to language barriers...at least Stephy's not using Netspeak ;)

On topic I have several dreams, and I shan't list them all, but instead I can honestly say I achieved one of them...I always to pass to the New York Bar (well ever since I heard of it, which was early in my teens...and even more so once I found out it's widely regarded as one of the hardest exams in the world), and I did so last year...gg me :p

I also have a dream to grow a brain...not sure if that'll ever come true though... :icon_conf

Pygmalion
09-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Ever since I grew out of pop music at the age of 13, I've wanted to be a rock star. I'm not that serious about it anymore though.

alby
09-08-2004, 01:25 AM
I was planning on working for an investment bank -- perhaps with my uncle's firm on Wall Street.

Kelsey
09-08-2004, 01:54 AM
As I near college and since I'm already feeling the "decide what the hell you're going to do" pressures, I've narrowed it down to two, maybe three, possible paths.
Path 1: U.C. Berkeley or UCLA, followed by law school at Georgetown or one of the other greats, and then into politics and running for President.

Path 2: Intern/work at either Fortis Films, William Morris Agency, Imagine Ent., Type A Films, or with J.J. Abrams (I've already made contact, now it's just who is smart enough to hire me :))while attending U.C.L.A. Become a big time producer and watch as Jerry Bruckheimer slowly fades out of the industry....

Those would be fantastic, but I think my ideal dream would be opening the independant production company my sister and I have been planning since I was about 8 years old, and write screenplays and novels, while managing my Los Angeles based company and raising my kids from/in Paris. But from an educational point, the above two are the ones I'll follow and I'll go from there. Hopefully it eventually leads to this last one :)

Richard
09-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Just for clarification, this isn't a thread about actually dreams but rather dreams you hope to achieve in the future, right? Of course it is. That was :icon_spam

I plan to major in film while in college, hopefully work myself towards a career behind the camera; either as a film editor, composer, and maybe before I die... direct a piece of shit film that will eventually be chewed out by the professors at my university and local movie critics who think they are.

To sum everything up, any good well-paying job behind the camera is alright by me. I enjoy films and I want to be around them as much as I can. But if and when all things fail in my movie career, (rather than suicide) I can always turn to the next best thing... watching one.

Kelsey, I second your dream to open an independent film company. Indie films rock.

Hazzle
09-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Just for clarification, this isn't a thread about actually dreams but rather dreams you hope to achieve in the future, right? Of course it is. That was :icon_spam

Yes it is, but the title's been modified to make it clear...because for our non-native English speakers it could be confusing.

frodo1511
09-08-2004, 03:19 AM
For a career, either working for Hollywood special f/x(always need those), or become a paleontologist(look it up).

And, meet Keira someday.

Richard
09-08-2004, 03:26 AM
For a career, either working for Hollywood special f/x(always need those), or become a paleontologist(look it up).

And, meet Keira someday.

While I do enjoy Hollywood FX, I don't have the patience nor intelligence to tackle a career like that. I always hear it's major time-consuming, if it even is. But I guess it all pays off in the end.

...And I want to have a career behind the camera... pfft. I have to start and take this stuff seriously. :icon_redf

frodo1511
09-08-2004, 03:30 AM
While I do enjoy Hollywood FX, I don't have the patience nor intelligence to tackle a career like that. I always hear it's major time-consuming, if it even is. But I guess it all pays off in the end.

...And I want to have a career behind the camera... pfft. I have to start and take this stuff seriously. :icon_redf

Yeah, but I bet they get a great sense of responsibility and pride seeing how there work makes everything more beatutiful on a 100-ft. screen. I sure know that the guys from WETA workshop do:)

Spire
09-08-2004, 04:33 AM
To graduate from college and either direct films or write for a professional gaming magazine or web site.

And, at some point in my life, to meet Keira.

deviljet88
09-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Become a band member in a rock group. Or become an actor to have the chance of working with KK.

But back to reality, probably just medical crap.

Renegade
09-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Me wishes to work in movie production (camera-work, FX, directing, etc.). And if that doesn't work, I'd want to manage my own electronics store.

DefyingGravity
09-08-2004, 06:30 AM
To learn guitar(dies of shock), join a band. Become a lead singer, or at least guitar player. If that doesn't work(probably won't happen), to go to a local private artsy college(if I get in). I'm torn between either becoming a psychiatrist or Broadway performer.

duckula
09-08-2004, 08:15 AM
My dream is to work in a job where I get to blow things up.

Narg
09-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Get a half decent job, get a nice car, get a good pc, meet keira. I dont have very high asperations at the moment, so i think it will be hard for me to get dissapointed were i end up.

Glare
09-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Get my freak happening, abuse my power to take over and control everything I can.

Continue growing my hobby and quit my management job, maybe hook up and settle down with a family, something I planned on doing before I turned 26 but I never got around too it. Myabe spend more time outdoors since my hobby makes a lot of money and can easily support myself and eventually children. My hobby also only takes about 2 hours of my time per day so I will have heaps of free time to do anything I wanted. I really need to think hard though, because the age is taking off a bit.

Sarah
09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Errr...I think this is just yet another language barrier issue...let's try and calm down and be a tad more sensitive, eh Sarah? I get you're only doing the job you were asked to...but it's important to be sensitive to language barriers...at least Stephy's not using Netspeak ;)

I wish people would put their location under their name, how am I supposed to know she speaks another language? SORRY. I wasn't being harsh, just trying to be nice while having a strict job.

I'm sorry, and now look, I've spammed.

aspro
09-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Hopefully a job in computer graphic design, or such.

And to travel.

hasselbrad
09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
...I wanted to be an architect. That dream died when I figured out that I was unable to understand math or physics.
Now I'm just hoping to write screenplays...
...and hit the lottery.

MarkOB
09-08-2004, 03:52 PM

Why not become a terrorist?!

Jacoby
09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Why not become a terrorist?!
Because you don't get paid.

I used to dream of being a professional athelete in everything, every sport. Ever. I'm too lazy for sports though, so f that. I guess the biggest dream of mine would be to haff a family. I'd like that before a nice job and everything.

MarkOB
09-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Why don't you become a terrorist?!

Because you don't get paid.

Yeah, but if you believe Mr. bin Laden you will go to paradise in the afterlife and twenty-one virgins will be yours. (Or was it forty-one? Or thirty-one?)

MarkOB
09-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Hold on, I've made two posts on this thread without giving my dream! I best do that before I get banned (again!).

I suppose my dreams change with the months on the calendar, but the one that's lasted the longest is to become a Member of Parliament.

And then who knows what.... 10 Downing Street?! ( :icon_err: )

frodo1511
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM

I suppose you could recruit into the Air Force, ducky. I hear they blow lots of shit up, all the time. Either that, or become a member of EOD.

...Wait, being on EOD is the opposite of what you want to do! :icon_surp

kilyncw
10-08-2004, 06:19 PM
i want to be a professional procrastinater, like a matress tester or something of that sort, i would be great at that. no but seriously, i just don't want a job, but i wanna have a shit load of money. not likely but it may happen.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
i want to be a professional procrastinater, like a matress tester or something of that sort, i would be great at that. no but seriously, i just don't want a job, but i wanna have a shit load of money. not likely but it may happen.
Good luck with that.... :err:

And Mark, just a friendly reminder, please edit rather than post two topics in a row. Thanks :)

MarkOB
10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
And Mark, just a friendly reminder, please edit rather than post two topics in a row. Thanks :)

Sure, but what if the two posts are on different topics?

Hang on... is that spam?

Okay, so that it's not (and so I don't get banned - not that I'm scared!) I'll add this: I used to want to be a footballer (that's soccer for our US friends!). Then I realised I wasn't that good so I wanted to be a football manager. Then I realised that wasn't quite going to work out so I went through a whole range of ideas. I wanted to manage pop groups. I wanted to be a movie star. I wanted to do a lot of things. Now I've ended up in this place where I want to do nothing but feel there has to be something!!

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
Ok...to be clear...noone gets banned for spam unless you repeatedly ignore requests to desist...if you listen when told to get it back on topic in the thread and you're banned, you have a case and should complain (but don't abuse this right as the admins get a lot of PMs as it is)...there is a set procedure but bans are only dished out in cases of flagrant abuse.

And yes, it is different if the two posts are on entirely seperated points...in my view your two could've been merged...try and keep double posts to a case of ultimate necessity, please...ok? Thanks :)

alby
11-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Yeah, but if you believe Mr. bin Laden you will go to paradise in the afterlife and twenty-one virgins will be yours. (Or was it forty-one? Or thirty-one?

To paraphrase one comedian: Muslim women have it bad. When they die, they have to marry a terrorist in heaven.